Rants & Raves

A STORY MENTIONS Rep. Barrow “defending his eastern Georgia House seat.” Which seat is that? From Athens? From Savannah? Augusta? If he keeps moving to a new district, it’s a NEW seat he’s grabbing for, thus he’s defending zip. Does anybody know where Barrow really lives?

RANT TO HARLEY for calling Ashley the “Benchwarmer.” It’s derogatory to athletes. Ashley needs to start referring to Harley as the “Old Has-Been” and see how he likes it!

OBAMA’S LAST chant for his followers was “yes we can.” Well, he did and now we know he can’t because he doesn’t know how... Now his mantra is a “fairness policy.” Is it fair for women who want to have birth control pills to get them free (on us taxpayers) when other women who choose not to use them or women past birth age to not get them? It seems fair that those women should be compensated for not accepting free birth control. Sound stupid? What is stupid is the government controlling what is fair; as in the old Soviet block, current North Korea and Syria, other lands under dictators. Fair is the government staying out of my house and bedroom, not to mention my pocket!

THERE HAD NEVER BEEN a need for someone for sheriff as long as Strength was working. That man kept finding more and more ways to nab criminals even as his budget and staff were cut. If a woman was ready to take over, she would have come out to run for sheriff by now. Too bad we don’t have one ready just now and when Peebles wins, he’s going to last a good, long time because he’s smart.

CATS MAY NOT BE controllable but people can do a better job to keep them in yards or better yet, indoors. No need to populate the neighborhoods with yet other wild lives to suffer.

WHAT’S WRONG WITH people to want to forgive student debts? We are already giving away too dang much through welfare, way too extended unemployment monies, food stamp cards, and freebies right and left in food and clothing to people. Why on earth should students get to charge their “living” expenses (that includes utility bills, rent, and apparently any dang thing they want to “pay” for with the loan monies besides books, tuition and student fees) and then have it all dropped? That will only give even more lazy people motive to try to stay even longer in school to suck away at the monies, and then demand to have all those monies vanish. Don’t you see all those figures of people going five, even six years at school before they graduate?

EyeMaeNo
EyeMaeNo 04/23/12 - 06:33 pm
Rave #4 almost made me spit

Rave #4 almost made me spit my drink out my nose! Are you SERIOUS?

countyman
countyman 04/23/12 - 09:47 pm
The Kroc Center, CBD, and

The Kroc Center, CBD, and Medical District continue to help increase the growth in/around Harrisburg... The Cookout is opening at 1801 Walton Way(empty lot between Burger King and Shell gas station; Walton Way/Crawford Ave intersection)...

Pictures

Truthbetold74
Truthbetold74 04/24/12 - 12:02 am
Please, Strength ruined the

Please, Strength ruined the moral on that department with his nepotism and crony advancements. They need somebody to run that place and teach them that not everybody in Richmond County is a criminal and should not be spoken to like they are.

Retired Army
Retired Army 04/24/12 - 01:06 am
Cliche For The Day: "A pit in

Cliche For The Day:

"A pit in a peach is worth six in a bucket."

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/24/12 - 03:51 am
YAWN....Good mourning

YAWN....Good mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the alphabet.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/24/12 - 04:36 am
I don't think Harley was

I don't think Harley was being derogatory to AB. Harley doesn't understand sports lingo. He usually gives AB lots of credit. They both make fun of Austin in sly ways...but who doesn't? Heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/24/12 - 05:05 am
While the feds investigate

While the feds investigate Walmart for bribing Mexican officials so they could build stores, could we have them take a look at how that store to be built ended up on 15th St although the GHSU Foundation offered a half million more for the land?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/24/12 - 05:08 am
I suggest Richmond County

I suggest Richmond County start to realize there are ways to discipline employees without firing them. There should be a middle ground where Tom Beck could have been reprimanded, suspended or demoted without firing him.

Trouble
Trouble 04/24/12 - 05:25 am
morning rk, seenit, rm, and

morning rk, seenit, rm, and the rest

meginlea
meginlea 04/24/12 - 06:37 am
What is going ON with the

What is going ON with the theme about cats in the rants and raves lately? And when we go a day without someone mentioning cats, you better believe another person is going to be complaining that someone else's' kids have been in the wrong yard or something! Sheesh!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 06:44 am
Who picks these stupid repeat

Who picks these stupid repeat r/rs on here.....same o--same-o.....
Take 1 guess who the paper wants as Sheriff?? hahah...slip it in over-over-over..........don't care....ain't gonna work!!

I just read that talking to yourself can be a good thing....weellll...I hope so........I have had some great conversations with myself......:)

Good morning honeybees-piglets-no gooders-rascals-do gooders--mobile home owners-bike riders-good ole boys--hunters-sheriff to be--
old loves--new loves---those I never have loved!! WHEW

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 06:51 am
I just got a special invite

I just got a special invite to George Clooneys house....said sumthin about a Pres. coming too....but I just skipped right over that part.....it also said I could invite 1 other person to come with me.......I thought about Cgee....but hey....we don't want a shootout now do we...heheh
Then I thought about trouble but I know she would rather see Toby Keith (can't blame her)if they want any money from me I might have to give monopoly money......
Why is it that so many movie stars are Democratic???

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/24/12 - 07:06 am
Good morning, SeenIt. I talk

Good morning, SeenIt. I talk to myself, also. I begin to get worried when I start arguing with myself, though. And when I lose one of those arguments, I really get down in the dumps.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/24/12 - 07:09 am
Good morning, Megin. Good to

Good morning, Megin. Good to hear from you again. Perhaps we get the cat rants this time of year because it's a prime time for feral cats to give birth. In my home I have three former feral cats ready for adoption. They have been fixed and have all their shots. Anybody (cat lover only) interested?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 07:24 am
Good morning Llamb.....we do

Good morning Llamb.....we do have a lot in common.....we may find we were twins separated at birth...yikes.....or maybe triplets :):)
I hope the third baby wasn't countyman or deke...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 07:35 am
Happiness in intelligent

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.- Ernest Hemingway, author and journalist, Nobel laureate (1899-1961)

I wonder why that is.....Hemingway was very intelligent & he killed himself....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 07:53 am

For dog lovers.....this dog can dance..:)

Trouble
Trouble 04/24/12 - 08:03 am
hey ll, can i trade one of

hey ll, can i trade one of mine who thinks he is a parrot for a new kitten?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/24/12 - 08:17 am
Does he talk to you, Trouble?

Does he talk to you, Trouble?

David Parker
David Parker 04/24/12 - 08:21 am
About time we saw a rant

About time we saw a rant about cats. Everyone just tip toes around the subject, never letting it see the light of day here on the r/r's. AND CHILDREN, don't get me started!

Leave Brittan....ahem.... HARLEY ALOOOOONNNNNE!!!!

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/24/12 - 08:48 am
Scenario: A Davidson senior

Scenario: A Davidson senior sells (or buys) a prescription drug illegally while in school in March (i.e., his final semester) and gets caught. The punishment is to be suspended from school for the rest of the semester or to finish out the rest of the semester at the Tubman alternative school. The student elects to continue schooling at Tubman and successfully completes his graduation requirements at Tubman.

Question: What school does his diploma have on it?

happychimer
19504
happychimer 04/24/12 - 09:20 am
I seem to remember it is

I seem to remember it is insurance companies covering birth control pills. As for tax money, I don't want my tax money paying for wars that kill our soldiers and innocent civilians. Where is the outrage over that?

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 04/24/12 - 09:33 am
Quick, without googling: How

Quick, without googling: How many of you know the name of Matthew Owens? Nothing newsworthy about him. As Obama wrote, "...a typical white person." He didn't make the national news cycle last Saturday (or since) when a mob of around twenty black thugs attacked him --on the front porch of his home-- battering him with pipes, bricks, chairs and even paint cans, leaving him still in the hospital in critical condition. No crime of interest to the media there as one black said, "Now, that's justice for Trayvon."

Good thing we have the watchdogs of the Fourth Estate making sure we aren't distracted by trivialities.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 04/24/12 - 09:37 am
Oops! let me amend my 10:33;

Oops! let me amend my 10:33; change, 'twenty black thugs' which is insensitive and racially charged, to what the media would describe as 'twenty African American community activists.'

Trouble
Trouble 04/24/12 - 09:40 am
ll, he tries, he says things

ll, he tries, he says things like "pet me now" and threatens me with bodily harm if i dont...

Trouble
Trouble 04/24/12 - 09:44 am
dstewartsr, it is a sad

dstewartsr, it is a sad commentary on how certain people view the world, beating every white person you see will somehow make them even for the martin thing, funny thing is that he was not killed by a white person, he was killed by a hispanic.......however, beating whites still solves the problem.....i will never understand that mentality, maybe it is because i am not a worshiper of the revs al and jessy or the "new" black panthers. (i know a thug when i see one)

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/24/12 - 10:43 am
ALL cat owner's should be

ALL cat owner's should be required to keep their cats on their own property, NOT anyone else's.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 10:52 am
Rod Blagojevich Washing

Rod Blagojevich Washing Dishes In Prison, Will Teach Shakespeare After 90-Day Dish Duty Stint Ends

Once they learn Shakespeare I'm sure they will land a job in some college nearby...GEEEZ

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/24/12 - 10:54 am
BTW LLamb....welcome to the

BTW LLamb....welcome to the thumbsdown club!!...:)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/24/12 - 11:56 am
Yeah, I noticed someone was

Yeah, I noticed someone was thumping me all over the place.