Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE RANT ABOUT the RVs in Blythe: The laws have been on the books for years. The current mayor is just starting to enforce them. He is not picking on any homeless people.

I LIVE IN SOUTH AUGUSTA. When we walk we carry golf clubs. Out-of-towners think we carry the golf clubs to practice our swing as we walk. Not so. We carry them to protect ourselves from the pit bull dogs.

THE STATE OF GEORGIA forces me to buy car insurance. I don’t hear anyone raising Cain about that. What is the difference between the government forcing us to buy health insurance?

TO THE PERSON who complained about the Sanford demonstrators saying they must be on public assistance. Why is everybody who demonstrates for black people on public assistance? The tea party demonstrates and you never complained about them.

RAVE FOR The Augusta Chronicle. Thank you for putting someone other that Tiger Woods on the front page.

I WONDER WHY there are furlough days for teachers when we have lottery money that is for students. Why not give the lottery money to the teachers also?

CONGRATULATIONS TO Bubba Watson. We can say and spell your last name.

RANTS TO ALL MY neighbors. Why are you so sensitive to words, but you are not sensitive to people committing crimes against your neighbors?

RANTS AGAINST A MAN and his young son who I ran into at the Petersburg trail head. They did not wear helmets. I reminded them in a very friendly manner “don‘t forget your helmet.” The father responded that they did not need them since they did not ride fast. I hope that young man does not end up a vegetable because of an accident. Please wear helmets if you are riding on that trail – especially the young children.

I UNFORTUNATELY live near Section 8 housing. An observation: It is often very loud at 11 p.m., midnight and 1 a.m., but it is quiet as a church at
7 a.m., 8 a.m. and 9 a.m.

THE GOVERNMENT IS messing with the weather to get us to believe in global warming. It’s all a game. It’s one way to hurry up a global food supply. One world and one food supply. Too many people have their eyes closed.

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/22/12 - 02:26 am
THE GOVERNMENT IS messing

THE GOVERNMENT IS messing with the weather to get us to believe in global warming. ROTFL

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/22/12 - 05:02 am
If the government controls

If the government controls the weather it kinda takes the wind out of the sails on the global warming hoax doesn't it?

Side note. Custom fit tin foil hats for sale at the astonishingly low price of $49.95 plus tax, dealer prep, and options.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/22/12 - 05:06 am
Good mourning Awguster,

Good mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the rest of the bunch.

Talked to Sarge for a few minutes today. He still needs a lot of prayers but he was in a great mood.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/22/12 - 05:25 am
Y'all have Bill Maher, we

Y'all have Bill Maher, we have Ted Nugent. Deal with it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 07:30 am
There was a time I would jump

There was a time I would jump into "hot" conversations on AC....but that was last week when I could actually find the hot ones.....now I'm looking but not finding........what made this place unique & different has gone bye-bye.....most discussed is not always the hot subjects to some on here....same o---same o---subjects with the usual commets.

Why is it that when something works well someone will come along & change things.......just like the real coke.......just like neighborhood schools,.......just like working for food......just like spanking a kid when he needs it.....just like a happy bunch on r/rs........Geez

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 07:37 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 04/22/12 - 08:02 am
If the man doesn't want for

If the man doesn't want for his family to wear helmets when riding their bikes down a dirt road I say that's their business.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/22/12 - 08:01 am
SeenIt, I just come here for

SeenIt, I just come here for the recipes now.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 08:07 am
Well I hope you can find a

Well I hope you can find a good one that will satisfy your hunger......if anyone deserves satisfaction.....it would be Riverman!..:)

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/22/12 - 08:16 am
Thumbing through this

Thumbing through this morning's edition of the AC, I find a curious omission, also missing from the alphabet 'news' network coverage: The name of Alton L. Hayes III. He is a Chicago citizen so worked up about the Trayvon Martin case, he, and another upstanding youth ganged up and attacked a white man-- not forgetting to go through his pockets-- with an improvised club, beating and kicking him in the head.

But you know what the 'news' calls an incident like that?

Sunday.

raul
raul 04/22/12 - 08:21 am
Where in the world is Willow

Where in the world is Willow Bailey?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 08:38 am

Don't blame the Secret Service men...they are programmed that way..:)

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/22/12 - 08:40 am
Today's r&r's are kinda like

Today's r&r's are kinda like buying chicken wings at a Chinese restaurant. Although, the last one had me giggling a little. Or maybe that's sleep deprivation...

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/22/12 - 08:43 am
"Other top reasons men cheat?

"Other top reasons men cheat? They’re unhappy with their mates - and extramarital sex is cheaper and easier to get these days, Buss says."

*snort* that would be the same reason women cheat, ty captain obvious! lmao

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/22/12 - 08:45 am
Ranter #3.....Two things.

Ranter #3.....Two things. First, it's a STATE law. The federal government has no such constitutional authority. They state can require that because driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a RIGHT. Second, the state forces you to buy insurance to fix the OTHER PERSON'S car and pay their medical bills. They do not force you to buy insurance to pay YOUR medical bills or fix YOUR car.

Ranter #4......Every TEA party rally I am aware of was either held after 5 P.M. if on a work day, or on the weekend. Only welfare folks and retired people can demonstrate during weekday WORK hours. I looked at the Sanford crowds and they were not retired people. There wasn't a federal taxpayer in the bunch.

Ranter #10.....Yep, not much activity around Section 8 houses during the "get up and go to work" hours. Since our nanny state schools feed their gaggle of kids, they don't even have to get up and do that anymore. About the only time you will see much early activity there is in November in December on "free turkey" day and "free toys" day. On those days, check out the videos of the people in line, their hairdos, their nail jobs, their outfits. These vast majority are not people who deserve to be getting taxpayer money.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 08:45 am
True abby....

True abby....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 08:47 am
Just wondering ...how many

Just wondering ...how many female secret service women do we have??

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/22/12 - 08:50 am
lol seenit! They'd be smart

lol seenit! They'd be smart enough not to make it a free-for-all, I'd think.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 08:55 am
abby.....I can't imagine a

abby.....I can't imagine a day when the headlines would say...

20 secret service women had male prostitutes in their room while on duty....

We are soooo much smarter ...:):):)

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/22/12 - 08:56 am
that's right... we know we

that's right... we know we don't hafta pay men for it! haha!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 09:02 am
Yep.....anytime we

Yep.....anytime we wanta.......LOL...

I think I would make a good cia or secret service woman....or should say could have ........I missed my calling.....you too abby.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/22/12 - 09:04 am
lol seenit... perhaps I

lol seenit... perhaps I would've. I'm too old for dat crap now, though

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/22/12 - 09:21 am
You know when I read the AJC

You know when I read the AJC headlines it makes me sad......a cycle of joblessness that won't go away......some have struggled for 2 years or more......and Ga. is having more trouble than most states....
There is a step in the right direction with a new Baxter US plasma processing plant 40 miles east of Atlanta.....this is near Social Circle Ga....it will hire about 1500 employees.....
They are calling this a high-tech manufacturing plant......good news for a change...

seeya later.....

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/22/12 - 09:43 am
In addition to Dichotomy's

In addition to Dichotomy's answer about insurance; the state doesn't FORCE you to buy anything. The law just states that IF you operate a motor vehicle, it must have liability insurance.

allhans
allhans 04/22/12 - 09:47 am
dstewartjr---"Alton L. Hayes

dstewartjr---"Alton L. Hayes III, a west suburban man charged with a hate crime, told police he was so upset about the Trayvon Martin case in Florida that he beat up a white man early Tuesday.

Hayes and a 15-year-old Chicago boy walked up behind the 19-year-old man victim and pinned his arms to his side, police said. Hayes, 18, then picked up a large tree branch, pointed it at the man and said, “Empty your pockets, white boy.”

The two allegedly rifled through the victim’s pockets, then threw him to the ground and punched him “numerous times” in the head and back before running away, police said. Hayes and the boy are black; the victim is white.

After being arrested, Hayes told police he was upset by the Trayvon Martin case and beat the man up because he was white, Cook County State’s Attorney’s office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton said, citing court records.."
NOTE..They RAN AWAY!

Retired Army
Retired Army 04/22/12 - 09:56 am
Cleche For The Day: "There

Cleche For The Day:

"There are two sides to every waffle."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/22/12 - 10:02 am
Riverman, you are correct

Riverman, you are correct about it being one's own business to wear helmets; but we in the cycling community feel an obligation to remind folks that on trails it is particularly important. Noobs don't understand the pitfalls trail riding has, and it only takes a stick or rock at a funny angle to put you on the ground, riding fast or not. I'm just getting over a separated shoulder incurred on that same trail when I hit a dip off camber and stuck the front wheel in mud. I did a semi-endo; landing on my shoulder and whacking the heck out of my helmeted head. When I first started riding , I was on Turkey Creek on a late fall day, just cruising along and enjoying the scenery when my pedal caught on a root hidden by the leaves and straw. I went down hard, whacking my head so hard I saw fireworks. Without a helmet, no telling what the outcome would have been.
It is just plain stupid to ride a trail without a helmet, but as I said, the average newbie just doesn't realize the danger.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/22/12 - 10:04 am
"After being arrested, Hayes

"After being arrested, Hayes told police he was upset by the Trayvon Martin case and beat the man up because he was white"

Will they charge them with a hate crime?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 04/22/12 - 10:14 am
Hey Ya'll. I haven't been on

Hey Ya'll. I haven't been on in a while. Good to see some familiar screen names!
"The government messing with the weather."
Actually they're only messing with your weather . everyone elses is fine!

Ugadawgs68
Ugadawgs68 04/22/12 - 10:20 am
Yes they will be charged with

Yes they will be charged with a hate crime. The article is on Drudge .