Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FOR YEARS WE HAVE allowed our children to use our badges at the Masters, and have stayed home to watch it on television. The coverage was incredible under the direction of the late Frank Chirkinian. This year was the worst. We live close to the National and could hear the roars of the crowd, and all we saw was plays from years gone by. Also, too many commercials.

WELL, I SEE AZZIZ is finally learning about some diplomacy in running his kingdom. Agreeing to compromise per a former idea that was never put through is much better. Just plain closing down a busy, necessary street of Laney-Walker in a historic neighborhood just could not make sense when at least two high schools have no problems whatsoever for their students.

THE AUGUSTA TRANSITIONAL CENTER, in reality what’s supposed to be a prison, says it counsels prisoners on parenting, health, housing, victim impact(?), human reproduction, stress, work adjustment, etc. Meanwhile recently FOUR prisoners have simply “walked away” from this place that is supposed to keep prisoners penned up. This could not happen if the “inmates” were called “PRISONERS,” and were chained and made to do hard labor.

THE GEORGIA CAMPAIGN for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention ran a survey. If they want a close approximation of true statistics, take a look at any big super market check-out line. Look for young-looking girls with a kid (or more), pushing a cart piled high with groceries, and paying with welfare of one kind or another. Just count those and you’ve got your survey.

JUST IMAGINE IT – a nice spring day in downtown Augusta. You and your wife decide to have a picnic lunch by the river. Then you get to Riverfront drive, not one, but both picnic shelters are taken by the inmates from the local jail. Most every day they take one but today they have taken both and not just for 30 minutes but from before 11:30 until after 12:30.

I WAS TURNING INTO my road when I saw two women dragging a girl on pavement; she looked about 9. I’m only three houses away so I parked my car, called 911 and walked to them. The woman said... yes I’m beating her to teach her not to run away. I told her that was the wrong way. The cops came, stayed a while and left without arresting either woman. Is that not child abuse?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/20/12 - 02:52 am
When some of the RCSO higher

When some of the RCSO higher ranking officers went to DC to work for the Secret Service at Obama's inaguration, I bet they fit right in.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/20/12 - 03:34 am
Not much again today. So,

Not much again today. So, good mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the alphabet crew.

SON of Scoob
SON of Scoob 04/20/12 - 06:29 am
The rant from the individual

The rant from the individual complaining about the quality of CBS's coverage of the Masters is spot on. Frank Chirkinian knew how to keep the cameras moving so you saw action from all over the course. Who wants to watch a player clean his ball. Not good.

Retired Army
Retired Army 04/20/12 - 06:40 am
Cliche wars day :) "A hair on

Cliche wars day :) "A hair on the head is worth six on the back."

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/20/12 - 07:03 am
yesterday... Countyman said,

yesterday...

Countyman said, "We need more people under 35, asians, hispanics, openly gay, etc to run for leadership positions in Augusta."

Some of us won't fit into that box.....heh..heh..

We need more people over 45 with good common sense--feet planted on the ground--fair with decision making--knows the value of a dollar---cares about others--doesn't kiss behinds...wants the BEST for Augusta--FIND THAT countyman....sex/color won't matter.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/20/12 - 07:37 am
Something's Missing It's no

Something's Missing

It's no trick to decide on your own
you feel it when you feel fine later on
a shower you can't depend on at all
It's too hot then it's too cold then it's warm
something's missing something's missing
something's missing something's missing
from my life
the things I don't multiply and divide when
I just can't decide been here before
It's gonna come back again been here before
It's gonna come back my friend
something's missing something's missing
something's missing something's missing
from my life
I ain't quiet deep inside I ain't even on my side
something's missing from my life
there's nowhere I really wanted to stay and
nothing really makes it ok
nothing really makes it ok
there's nowhere I really wanted to stay
something's missing something's missing
something's missing

Some posters can't be replaced....somethings missing here....

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/20/12 - 08:01 am
SeenIt, yeah, Countyman's

SeenIt, yeah, Countyman's post seemed like he wants to exclude whites, blacks and those over 35 unless they are openly gay.

iLove
iLove 04/20/12 - 08:13 am
(exhale) Happy Friday!

(exhale) Happy Friday!

JRC2024
JRC2024 04/20/12 - 08:32 am
Happy weekend to you ilove.

Happy weekend to you ilove.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/20/12 - 09:11 am
Are you asking about the

Are you asking about the child or snitching on the police? You should have helped the Mom not the kid. No telling what would have happened to the kid if Mama didn't find her in time.

allhans
allhans 04/20/12 - 10:40 am
I'm not sure if "dragging" a

I'm not sure if "dragging" a child would be considered abuse. Now, if the child couldn't walk, then things might look different but if the child was refusing to walk, what was the mother to do?

everybodylies
everybodylies 04/20/12 - 11:07 am
@Riverman.......yes! Some

@Riverman.......yes! Some RCSO high ranking officials would bring a NEW meaning to "operation FOX hunt".....

Tots
Tots 04/20/12 - 11:51 am
Son of scoob wrote this at

Son of scoob wrote this at 7:29am-Who wants to watch a player clean his ball. Not good.

Well,i guess that just depends on how cute he was while he was washing his balls...

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/20/12 - 12:57 pm
The woman said... yes I’m

The woman said... yes I’m beating her to teach her not to run away.

Now that's always effective. No wonder the child was trying to run a way!!! SAD :(

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/20/12 - 12:59 pm
THE GEORGIA CAMPAIGN for

Just go the Kroger on 15th Street. Also look at what they buy. Colored sugar water by the gallons, junk food. . .

David Parker
David Parker 04/20/12 - 02:54 pm
colored sugar water. Funny!

colored sugar water. Funny! But heh, don't judge me cause I like bug juice. I get it though. The even sadder part is that those buying koolaid are at least using the funds instead of selling them at .50 on the dollar . The system is flawed and it doesn't take molecular science to come to that determination. Come up with something that isn't so easy to abuse. GEEZE!

I miss cat rants

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/20/12 - 03:22 pm
Tots @ 12:51... lmao!

Tots @ 12:51... lmao! Excellent point :-)

Tots
Tots 04/20/12 - 06:39 pm
Hi Abby,last year was my

Hi Abby,last year was my first time on a golf course..Did you know they have stations just for washing your balls?
When we stopped and the guys got out ,i asked them why? When they said they needed to wash their balls ,I nearly lost it ..
I understand now- why guys like playing golf...

More than 2,000 get meal at annual dinner

More than 800 volunteers served a hot meal to more than 2,000 homeless people at James Brown Arena on Saturday at the Bridge Ministry's annual Thanksgiving Dinner.