Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MOST POLITICIANS, both parties, speak of tax cuts and immediately say they must find ways to “pay for” those cuts. To say to “pay for” tax cuts is a lingo that is designed to make the Marxists in our government sound like down-to-earth, sensible people. And in so doing, while pretending to want to cut taxes, they sneak in a way to NEVER cut spending, thus taxes will never be cut either. The whole point of a tax cut is to give government less to spend, but as soon as you make up the difference, i.e., “pay for the tax cut,” the government ends up with the same overspending.

THE AMOUNT OF homework that the teachers at A.R. Johnson assigned for spring break is ridiculous. Good thing we couldn’t go on vacation because this would
never have been completed.

IT’S GETTING OLD hearing all the complaints about cyclists. I’m sorry you have to pay attention to the road. I’m sorry you can’t text and drive. I’m sorry you are overweight with diabetes and heart disease. Some of us care about our health and being good role models to our children. Nobody has ever complained about secondhand bike smoke.

AT THE GOODWILL STORE the cupboards are bare. Poor people are buying but the better-off people aren’t letting go of their stuff. No shoes for men at all. Come on; start giving again.

ISN’T IT ODD THAT before government took over schools and unions took over teachers, children learned wonderfully well from teachers who wrote their own tests, observed their pupils each day and thus could ultimately judge best how a student was doing?

RICHMOND COUNTY Schools held a “pep rally” to get kids motivated to take a competency test. Consider ball games; both sides hold pep rallies, but only
one team wins. Will a
pep rally instruct even one pupil in math, history, English? Sad government balderdash!

AMERICANS OWE $2,200 per person on credit cards. It looks like the average guy is just as
stupid as politicians; we all think we can borrow our way to prosperity.

CONCERNING THE lottery: Anything connected to a computer can be manipulated.

PRESIDENT OBAMA needs to “man up” and accept the blame for the mess that he’s made.

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/12/12 - 10:36 pm
Dang! Came on here to read

Dang! Came on here to read todays (Thursday) vents and get what appears to be Fridays! Rather new on here, so.. is this a normal thing for y'all A.C.? Admittedly, it's only 7:30 here in Oregon but still not past midnight over there. Going to bed now; y'all have a good morning when ya get here.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 04/13/12 - 01:52 am
And a fine mess he has made.

And a fine mess he has made. It will take two or more generations to clean up the mess that president wannabe has created.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 04:26 am
have any liberals read any

have any liberals read any understood obamacare? it seems y'all would know it word for word in order to argue y'all's contention that it(obamacare)is the greatest law ever. i have asked for months for any liberal to tell what they consider to be great about it,yet not one has even read it. that speaks volumes-they appear to be blindly following hussein with no questions asked. liberal;the obamacare law is the greatest law ever! conservstive;what is in it? liberal;i don't have a clue! conservative;how can you praise something that you don't know anything about? liberal;hussein,reid,and pelosi said it was wonderful and we still don't have to work for a living!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/13/12 - 04:32 am
coppperhead get real. I have

coppperhead get real. I have told you already that you are asking for reading comprehension and individual thinking. You know the poor Obama supporters are incapable of such actions. CBS said it good so it has to be true. Same as Dan Rathertellaliethanthetruth and his Bush service record story.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/13/12 - 04:33 am
Good Morning Awguster,

Good Morning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, Abby and a few select guys. You know who you are.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/13/12 - 04:35 am
Second hand bike smoke???

Second hand bike smoke??? Somebody explain that one to me please.

On a serious note, when bikers start obeying laws and using common sense when riding I will bet the complaints drop.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 04/13/12 - 04:40 am
To the person "sorry" about

To the person "sorry" about the complaints about cyclists...it's that smug attitude that cyclists have that is ONE of the reasons I have against/about cyclists. The absolute unpredictability of a cyclist in front, beside, and just behind me is what worries the stew out of me when I'm driving my 2 ton vehicle down a street that I have to share with you. And I'm sure you share that feeling, don't you? All it takes is a shimmy of your wheel to offset your balance and you could fall into the car-lane. You don't appreciate that feeling of apprehension by the drivers???

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 04:52 am
RoadkiII,i thought just MAYBE

RoadkiII,i thought just MAYBE one had been curious about it and actually read it. reckon they are just happy being hussein's sheeple!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/13/12 - 05:00 am
Yeah, THAT rant really did a

Yeah, THAT rant really did a lot to improve the image of bikers. But maybe he's right, they may not die of heart disease....if they live THAT long.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 05:25 am
government run anything is

government run anything is full of waste and fraud! example: GSA. when you consider government run healthcare,think gsa.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/13/12 - 05:45 am
Golfer Fence ~~ A little old

Golfer Fence
~~
A little old lady was walking down the street dragging two large plastic
garbage bags behind her. One of the bags was ripped and every once in a
while a $20 bill fell out onto the sidewalk. Noticing this, a policeman
stopped her, and said, "Ma'am, there are $20 bills falling out of that
bag."
Oh, really? Darn it!" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and
see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me officer."

"Well, now, not so fast," said the cop. Where did you get all that
money? You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Oh, no, no", said the old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to
a golf course. A lot of golfers come and pee through a knot hole in my
fence,
right into my flower garden. It used to really tick me off. Kills the
flowers, you know. Then I thought, 'why not make the best of it?"

"So, now, I stand behind the fence by the knot hole, real quiet, with my
hedge clippers. Every time some guy sticks his thing through my fence, I
surprise him, grab hold of it and say, 'O.K., buddy! Give me $20, or off
it comes."

"Well, that seems only fair," said the cop, laughing. "OK. Good luck!
Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Not everybody pays."

This joke kinda reminds me of the Sheriffs race in Richmond county.....just change head for that other theeeng....lol--:)

Chop-chop-

Martinez
Martinez 04/13/12 - 06:34 am
copperhead - I have read it

copperhead - I have read it and largely agree with it. I refuse to have a faceless debate here though because it wouldn't matter if it was the best piece of legislation to ever be written, some people would sooner cut off their own nose then admit it has any positive attributes simply because of who it's tied to.

Martinez
Martinez 04/13/12 - 06:42 am
Comments such as RoadKiLL

Comments such as RoadKiLL that imply that Democrats are incapable of thinking and even reading are ignorant at best. Having a differing opinion on social, financial and political issues and even religion does not equate to the other person being uneducated. The belief that one's opinions, views and beliefs are superior to all others to the extent of even being intolerant of all others is extremely narrow-minded, in my opinion.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 07:59 am
Martinez,i have read it and

Martinez,i have read it and disagree with it entirely! BUT i refuse to tell anybody about it too. it is full of socailist and marxist and communist regulations. it allows older patients to die while waiting for appointments. it allows children with certain illnesses to die. but it is the greatest legislation ever proposed bt mankind.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 08:06 am
Martinez,according to

Martinez,according to obamacare,the old and the seriously ill children are an economic waste. i do not understand your agreement with that BUT you are a liberal and a hussein worshipper!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/12 - 08:07 am
Good Morning

Good Morning America.

NARROW-MINDED...a very dreaded disease.

Narrow-minded is basically caused by three things. Facts, History and Common Sense. To cure yourself of this destructive disease, you must eradicate these causes.

First FACTS, you must train yourself daily that Facts are nothing but lies.You have to educate your brain that all facts that you see, hear or feel is a brain washing substance. It will be hard at first, but over time, it will become easier and you will become a healthy Democrat.
Second, History is caused by how long you have lived and how embedded it is in your system. You have to daily take the Liberal news media pill and block all access to history books, lying talking commenters and Fox news. This is also going to be difficult, but time will make you educated and tolerant of your fellow man.
Last Common Sense. Most humans attract this disease at birth and is cause by upbringing, life experiences along with the combination of Facts and History. This can only be cured by taking the liberal mind Pill, 5 times a day. It is very easy to get by supporting our King SMCICBHO.You have to religiously take this pill daily or you will not be cured.
If you follow the above devotedly, you will be cured by November 6, 2012 without fail.
Then and only then will you no longer be narrow-minded.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 08:17 am
So Martinez,it is your

So Martinez,it is your opinion that i base my opinion on who wrote it rather that what is in it? You must have been describing yourself in your second post. you are implying that i am not intelligent enough to read,comprehend,and form an opinion on content.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/13/12 - 08:17 am
I will provide the first

I will provide the first pill. Read the comments and take with a shot of CR Reserve XL.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 08:34 am
Martinez,you seem to have

Martinez,you seem to have forgotten that the democrats "passed it to see what is in it". To pass a law WITHOUT reading it is insanity to the Nth degree and praising it simply because of who wrote it is ignorance to the Nth degree.

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 08:43 am
Martinez,please deny that

Martinez,please deny that pelosi said"we have to pass it to see what is in it" please.

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/13/12 - 08:52 am
"I’m sorry you are overweight

"I’m sorry you are overweight with diabetes and heart disease. Some of us care about our health and being good role models to our children. Nobody has ever complained about secondhand bike smoke."

Riding bikes probably makes you healthier but it sure doesn't make you any smarter, any less arrogant, any less sarcastic, or any more likeable. The same arrogant, sarcastic, self-righteous attitude so apparent in your comment usually comes across in your riding when when you intentionally slow traffic, ride abreast and block the roads, and disobey traffic laws. The "not any smarter" part comes in when you get on your $1000, 10 lb. bicycle and go 15 mph in traffic with 4000 lb. motor vehicles going 50 mph and driven by overweight, diabetic smokers who are probably texting someone about how much they hate your spandex shorts and silly looking little teardrop helmets. Certainly your right, but certainly not too smart.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 04/13/12 - 09:04 am
Dichotomy @8:52...Now that

Dichotomy @8:52...Now that was classic! I needed that smile this morning. My little boy said they look like baboons with those pink pads on those spandex and their heads look like cockatiel birds. But.....if it make them safer, guess they have to have it.

What I don't get is why they want to ride on the busiest, most dangerous roads, AT, the most dangerous time of day WITH the most traffic flow. Now I am no rocket scientist but even I know that can't be a good idea.

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/13/12 - 09:48 am
Oh my gosh, seenit, that's a

Oh my gosh, seenit, that's a good one! Laugh out loud good. I know one about a fence with a hole in it, but can't print it. :)

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 10:07 am
Martinez,what is the

Martinez,what is the difference in supporting a bill because of who wrote it and opposing a bill because of who wrote it?

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 10:11 am
Martinez,how do YOU justify

Martinez,how do YOU justify passing a law without reading it? Do you favor passing ALL laws without knowing what is in them? If not,which bills should be read and studied and which should be passed without any knowledge of content?

copperhead
copperhead 04/13/12 - 10:44 am
Would any liberal defend

Would any liberal defend passing any law without knowing content?

raul
raul 04/13/12 - 10:52 am
Is any politician not shady,

Is any politician not shady, if not downright criminal? I put politicians on the same level as tort lawyers, used car salesmen, and the media. That goes for both parties.

David Parker
David Parker 04/13/12 - 11:39 am
Hey Smokeysbandit, the timing

Hey Smokeysbandit, the timing is kinda whompie where they post the following day's r/r's before the end of the day.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/13/12 - 11:46 am
Martinez, give me some FACTS

Martinez, give me some FACTS and my opinion may change. CH has asked many times for someone to give FACTS in support of the Emperors health care bill. So far no one has stepped up. So apparently my opinion isn't that far off.

unbiased_propaganda
unbiased_propaganda 04/13/12 - 01:37 pm
Riiiight - it's ALLLL Obama's

Riiiight - it's ALLLL Obama's fault. The country was so perfect before he became President and he ruined everything!

nnaugusta and the rest of you nay sayers, complainers, etc. - Barack Obama didn't create the mess that was already there when he came into office. I can admit he's made some mistakes and hasn't been perfect, but it's completely unfair to blame him for the state of the country.

But no worries....as soon as one of your Republican candidates wins the Presidency - we'll all be saved. Our country will be fixed and our problems no more!

I can't wait!

Lincolnton 17-year-old drowns in cove

Many in Lincoln County were in mourning Monday after the weekend drowning of a teenager from a well-known family in Lincolnton, Lincoln County Coroner Paul Reviere said.