Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE NEW JAIL includes a 164-bed med facility. That’s bigger than most Georgia/S.C. county hospitals. Meanwhile, the not-so-old Walton Way jail is falling apart. When a building can’t last 27 years, something about those architects and politicians looks amiss.

UP UNTIL ABOUT the end of World War II, most doctors worked on many patients and never charged them a penny. After the war, more socialists got into government and pretty soon government was screwing up medical care something fierce by raising taxes and making big, impossible promises. Now, 65 years later, doctors can’t afford to work for free. But socialists are happy as pigs in pens.

WE NEED TO HAVE the Masters in Augusta once a month. It seems like it’s the only time the city cleans up around here.

I FIND IT QUITE AMUSING Obama would criticize the Supreme Court for “legislating from the bench” in regards to the government takeover of health care. Yet, he appointed two liberals with the explicit purpose of having them “legislate” from a liberal viewpoint. Odd how Obama wants to change the rules to suit his socialistic agenda.

JOHN BARROW IS sponsoring a balanced budget law. Apparently, he is pretending to be conservative so that he can get re-elected. He’s still a liberal.

A NEW HOSPITAL IN McDuffie County is like a “field of dreams.” If the patient load is low now, why will a new hospital increase the patients? Dumb leaders wasting money.

I JUST SPENT A wonderful day on the course. You have to love this time of year in Augusta. My only complaint is that the pimento cheese sandwiches seemed a bit off this year. Did they change the recipe? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

I WOULD LIKE TO rave about the care and treatment I received while in Doctors Hospital from March 5-27. To everyone, including the housekeeping staff, I couldn’t have been more pleased. May God bless you all.

Comments (16)

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 04/11/12 - 11:07 pm

Sub-par public buildings are

Sub-par public buildings are a CSRA problem. Remember Savannah Rapids Pavilion with its cardboard roof?

dstewartsr
20388
dstewartsr 04/11/12 - 11:12 pm

Still seeing babyface Trayvon

Still seeing babyface Trayvon on every US media outlet, even the AC. Is there some kind of secret agreement? Funny, his Facebook photos-- complete with his screen name which can't be written in 'free' America-- complete with 'grill' and racially charged postings postings are available on even the UK tabloids. Thank you, internet.

allhans
21921
allhans 04/12/12 - 09:25 am

Regarding the hospital in

Regarding the hospital in Thomson. Yes. A better equipped, newer more up-to date- building, will attract more patients.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/12/12 - 11:28 am

allhans may be on to

allhans may be on to something. Would you rather go to a hospital 30 years old or a new state of the art facility?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/12/12 - 11:29 am

Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, Abby, cg, rm and the rest of the bunch.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/12/12 - 11:36 am

Anybody notice the lack of

Anybody notice the lack of comment when the "regulars" aren't here?

Anybody heard anything from Sarge lately?

gagentleman
gagentleman 04/12/12 - 11:40 am

if the county would biuld

if the county would biuld using union labor they wouldnt have all these problems. the jail and the civic center have had problems since they were new.i have worked on both sides of the fence and i can tell you ,union constuction workers are better educated and do better quality than non-union.all union craftsma are required to do a 4 or 5 year apprentiship compared to non union in which apprentiship training is not required. (who would you rather have woring on your heart , a trained cardiologist or someone that says they just know how to work on a heart)no alot of people say union craftsman demand more money well its always ben my impresstion that no matter what a person does for a living ,higher education usually demands higher pay. the old saying always rings true,you get what you pay for.

gagentleman
gagentleman 04/12/12 - 01:12 pm

as a consevative democrat i

as a consevative democrat i cant believe the the republican attacks on john barrow,what more do you people want,he has stood against obama on a ton of issues such as obamacare and the keystone pipeline.he has fought for georgians and georgia jobs. and now im hearing the lies on tv about him,i cant believe the lies and deception and dirty tricks republicans will pull just to get a republican elected no matter what kinda of person they are, i really believe HITLER could run on a republican ticket and yall would elect him just because hes republican. and changing the distric lines so to give the rep canadate the advantage was pretty dirty to ,but when you cant run on a record i guess you have to cheat any way you can.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/12/12 - 03:30 pm

as a conservative

as a conservative Libertarian, I can't believe the democrats attacks on people who won't vote for the Emperor just because he is a Halfrician American, had no record to run on, and started his re-election campaign before he was inaugurated.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/12 - 05:38 pm

RK says... Anybody notice the

RK says...

Anybody notice the lack of comment when the "regulars" aren't here?

Yes I notice a change RK.....but hey.......folks are never satisfied....if we fill the space they would gripe about that....so what to do---what to do----LOL LOL

raul
raul 04/12/12 - 06:02 pm

@seenitB4. Is there a boycott

@seenitB4. Is there a boycott on the R&R comments that I don't know about?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/12 - 06:03 pm

anyway RK....Don Gibson will bring out the meanies.....I just loooove Gibson & country......:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/12 - 06:07 pm

raul......no official

raul......no official boycott....BUT if they don't (AC) clean up their act & treat us with the "respect" we sooo deserve,....we might have to----don't wanta....but it ain't easy posting here all the time....takes up our valuable time we could be doing productive work ...instead we are making $$$ for them with adds & such...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/12/12 - 06:36 pm

Our toll hot lanes have hit

Our toll hot lanes have hit $5 one way to go from Old Peachtree to Chamblee Tucker....soooo that adds up for a driver.....prices like that could run $40 to $50 a week....
When they start talking toll lanes to you...keep this in mind.

seeya later folks!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 04/12/12 - 08:25 pm

Family and dear Friends, I

Family and dear Friends, I haven't had much time to do computer stuff, as it seems my doctors have taken control of my life, and quite a bit of my time. I go tomorrow to have a port placed in my chest, to begin chemotherapy, on the 17th. Fate made this very inconvenient, as Frances and I celebrate our 55th anniversary on the 18th. I hope that I will not disappoint her plans for the day. Treatment ...will be every three weeks, for a total of six treatments. The doc said I'll lose my hair, but those of you who know me well, know I don't have much to lose. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts, well wishes, and above all, the prayers. I will try to keep you all informed as I learn more. Thank you all for being there for Frances and me. I love you all!

Tots
Tots 04/12/12 - 08:49 pm

Hi Sarge,i'm glad to see you

Hi Sarge,i'm glad to see you on here again..
Hope to see you and others more often..Much love to you and your wife..I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Friends always,
T.Z.

Augusta pensioners eye benefit increase

With an eye on the millions remaining in the city's oldest pension funds - its 1945 and 1949 plans - a handful of retired city and county employees are reviving a push to increase their monthly ...