Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

RAVES FOR OUR President and his perseverance on the health care legislation which brings us nearer to realizing our ideal of “one nation under god.”

I WANT TO THANK the man who saved my grandson by pulling him out of the window when our house was burning. Thanks again and God be with you.

FUNNY HOW RACISM is defined these days. A black person can admit that he voted for Obama only because of race, and that’s OK. But, if a white person admitted to voting against Obama because of race, he would be branded as racist. Also, a young black man is shot and thousands march and protest before the facts of the case are even known. But, let a black man shoot a policeman, and these same marchers are silent. There are two types of racism today: acceptable and unacceptable.

RANT TO THE NEW management team of The Patch. Even after a month, trees felled by the storm have not been removed.

They said ‘no’ to having long-running charity tournaments at the course that generated guaranteed revenue. They ran off regular paying customers. And now they want us – taxpayers – to give them $300,000 for improvements. What’s up with that? And did they think anything through?

I AGREE ABOUT the Southside Mafia needing to make a comeback. I had high hopes for my commissioner out here in Goshen but have also been disappointed. He seems to just go along with whatever Joe Bowles tells him to do.

THE NEW GEORGIA law raising taxes by taxing Internet purchases was a recommendation from a group called the “Special Council (so official sounding) on Tax Reform and Fairness for Georgians.” Anything put forward that’s called “fairness,” “affordable,” etc., is always the opposite of what the name implies. This is standard procedure from big government, Big Brother politicians. The supposed “conservatives” who support such Marxism are working for the left, even if they’re too egotistically stupid to realize it.

PEOPLE, PLEASE keep your children in your yard. Not everyone likes the creatures, especially their smell and all the other nasty things they do. Plus all their bad habits ... wonder where they picked those up from, not the cat!

debbiep38
debbiep38 04/09/12 - 10:04 am
Copperhead what does Reid

Copperhead what does Reid being a Mormon have to do with anything?

to tell the truth1
to tell the truth1 04/09/12 - 10:06 am
There are at least 8 subjects

allhans
allhans 04/09/12 - 10:49 am
Yes. Copperhead,

Yes. Copperhead, thumbsup...got it!
Reid is a Mormon...and the Dems keep electing him. So that settles that.

To tell the trth..Are you hiring? I'm like the man at the Detroit unemployment office. I don't want a job, I want a career. I am here to get some of those Obamabucks.

museofsatie
museofsatie 04/09/12 - 11:06 am
"For the last ranter * keep

"For the last ranter * keep your children in your yard* what are you talking about, pets? in that case, I never think of my new dog as a *child, or pets, if so please elaborate. Thank you."

The ranter was talking about children and was spoofing a previous rant about cats (I think it was cats, anyway). I imagine they were specifically talking about the children who are allowed to wander around without supervision, playing with and/or destroying whatever they come across.

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 12:31 pm
debbiep38,what does a

debbiep38,what does a republican being a mormon have to do with anything?

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 12:40 pm
I see that not even ONE

I see that not even ONE hussein worshipper has tried to tell us what is in this law. Not very supportive at all! hussein is gonna take away y'all's collective salvation for not worshipping enough!

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/09/12 - 12:45 pm
Sounds like "to tell the

Sounds like "to tell the truth1" is a prime example of exactly what rant #3 was talking about.

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 12:47 pm
totellthetruth1,why do you

totellthetruth1,why do you call disagreeing with hussein RACISM? SIMPLE question!

David Parker
David Parker 04/09/12 - 12:53 pm
Me thinks thou doth protest

Me thinks thou doth protest too much

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 12:53 pm
Sooo totellthetruth1,any

Sooo totellthetruth1,any disagrement with bush is ALSO racism?

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 01:05 pm
David Parker,i will stop

David Parker,i will stop protesting when a hussein worshipper tells us he/she has read and understood the obamacare law. AND tells us what is in it,ALL of it. So much for transparency! Didn't hussein promise to put EVERY bill on cspan to be examimed before passage? ANOTHER LIE!

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/09/12 - 01:13 pm
Practicing "selective racism"

Practicing "selective racism" seems to be growing in popularity here.

It's OK to criticize Bush because that's your right as an American citizen. But, don't you dare criticize Obama. If you say anything negative about this president (forget about the facts), then you are a racist.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/12 - 01:19 pm
Free medical care. until you

Free medical care. until you go to the emergency room and find out that you aren't covered. Then find out you have to pay $700 to be covered. Its in the Emperors health care bill. Try reading it folks... or is it the poor Obama supporters can't read?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/09/12 - 01:19 pm
Come on copperhead, don't you

Come on copperhead, don't you realize that everything that comes out of the pie hole of King SMCICBHO is "I Swear To Tell The Truth, Nothing But The Truth, So Help Me Allah.

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 01:23 pm
Yea,i know we are all just

Yea,i know we are all just infidels to hussein. btw,i disagreed with many of bush's policies BUT he ain't president now!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 04/09/12 - 01:27 pm
"There are at least 8

"There are at least 8 subjects to rant and rave about but all you racist hypocrites as usual can't get around bashing our president. Get a life! for that matter, get a JOB!"

I worked for 40+ years and just retired, thank you very much. During that time I lived within my means and saved/invested enough money to supplement my pension for a decent lifestyle in my coming old age. "OUR PRESIDENT" has embarked on a spending spree, expansion of government, and an expansion of dependents on that government to the degree that what I worked for all of those years is in danger of being eaten up by inflation and $ devaluation; yet I am racist for criticizing him??? PUH-LEEZE!!!!!!! And that doesn't even touch on his foreign policy snafus.

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 01:35 pm
Sure is a nice sunny day.

Sure is a nice sunny day.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/09/12 - 01:36 pm
You know what I would like to

You know what I would like to see...a post from a TSD or a rug kneeling lover of the greatest President in History posting something like this...

"Can any of you Racist, hating posters of my President give me One thing he has Done, Action or spoken that has been bad since he was elected...Remember, please state FACTS?"

madgerman
madgerman 04/09/12 - 01:37 pm
Maybe copperhead would like

Maybe copperhead would like to answer the following questions. Don't we have a national health care system called - Medicare? Aren't people required to pay into Medicare? How many people on Medicare would rather drop it and pay for an individual insurance policy? Is there a law that requires insurance companys have to listen to doctors when doctors specify what treatment or medicine is needed? Will an insurance company cover the cost of any doctor I choose to visit? Will an insurance company allow unlimited visits to my doctor for complaints I may have? When my doctor recommends I have a CAT scan, EKG, MRI etc. do I have to ask the insurance company first or can I just schedule one at the place of my choosing?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/09/12 - 01:41 pm
TTTT1...."Get A Job" ha

TTTT1...."Get A Job" ha ha...I have worked my 72 years and have all I will every need and will survive anything this King will do....but, It's my Grandchildren who I am worried about.

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/09/12 - 01:47 pm
I just wish my (future)

I just wish my (future) grandkids could live in a world without racism against ANY race. Sadly, looks like we're still far from reaching Dr. King's goal.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/12 - 02:04 pm
I am waiting for my shift to

I am waiting for my shift to work. So it seems we are working or have retired. Get a life

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 02:08 pm
howcanweknow, how can we even

howcanweknow, how can we even begin to do away with "racism"when the liberals define it as disagreeing with someone that is a different racw?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/12 - 02:14 pm
I must admit that I am a

I must admit that I am a racist. I'm a huge NASCAR fan. Go Smoke!!!

howcanweknow
howcanweknow 04/09/12 - 02:35 pm
Actually, liberals display

Actually, liberals display hatred and racism against anyone that disagrees with their sacred positions. But, let a conservative even suggest they might be in error, and hell hath no fury like a "tolerant" liberal's hatred for a conservative.

Bouganvillea
Bouganvillea 04/09/12 - 02:34 pm
Rant #5. Yes I realize

Rant #5. Yes I realize Guilfoyle has been a disappointed and seems to vote the way The Cabal instructs him, but returning to the old days of the Southside Mafia stranglehold is not the way to go. What South Augusta needs is more independent minded commissioners. But like I have always said, look who has been donating the heaviest to a particular candidate if you want to know who will controlling them once they are in office. Look where most of Guilfoyle's contributions came from.. west Augusta and from The Cabal, so is it really any surprise that he is representing their interests instead of South Augusta?

copperhead
copperhead 04/09/12 - 03:19 pm
I'll make it easier for the

I'll make it easier for the hussein worshippers. List just 10 points in obamacare and explain them. Out of 2700 pages,surely y'all can find 10 points to explain to us and why you love them so much.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/09/12 - 04:08 pm
copperhead, you are asking

copperhead, you are asking them to think. You know that is against the rules. And then you want to throw reading comprehension in the mix. Gimme a break!

Jane18
Jane18 04/09/12 - 04:43 pm
That Rave #1 is just about

That Rave #1 is just about the most sickening thing I have read today. I know it's from our resident obama lover, his/her raves all sound the same--you know, make me want to throw up!! I know GOD doesn't mean anything to this person, no matter whar they say. Did not capitalize, small letters mean an idol or some man-made object. What a phony...........................

Jane18
Jane18 04/09/12 - 04:43 pm
That Rave #1 is just about

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.