Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

LEAVE THE STADIUM where it is and stop harassing the public about relocating it. Leave it and make improvements. It would cost less and Columbia County residents don’t like to drive way downtown.

AUGUSTA CHRONICLE, you don’t promote peace either because you keep drawing President Obama’s ears as big I don’t know what.

THEY TOOK AWAY all the beautiful trees and landscaping around I-20 leading to Washington Road and into South Carolina. Now they have taken away our beautiful trees along Gordon Highway at Bobby Jones Expressway. The Garden City is becoming an asphalt and concrete jungle.

EVERY TIME YOU turn around there is something in the news about someone being murdered. Young males equate killing someone with stealing a cookie from a cookie jar. They don’t attach much gravity to the taking of another human life.

WHY ARE ALL these people walking around in their pajamas? Grocery store, post office, schools? I think something should be done about it. It is ridiculous.

RANTS TO THE demonstrators in Sanford, Fla. Let the law handle this. The demonstrators must be on government assistance to give them the time to do this. Make them clean their mess before they go home.

I’D LIKE TO KNOW who forgot to clean up U.S. 25 and Bobby Jones? They are cleaning up the north side of town but not the south.

STORES IN EVANS, please use weed control, you are making Evans look bad for Masters week.

THANK YOU, Richmond County voters, for passing the 1 cent tax for schools. Now you have taken care of the physical plants. How about taking care of the teachers and students? To even suggest a 15-day furlough for teachers next year is ludicrous.

GEORGIA LAWMAKERS passed a bill to revoke bonuses for teachers who cheat on standardized tests. Why not pass a bill to lock up teachers – and administrators – who commit such fraud? Georgia lawmakers used to be tough.

SHAME ON THE Mayor of Blythe for the war on RV campers. Recently, my house has burned and both of my parents have passed on. I’m homeless, and a camper home is all I have.

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 04/07/12 - 11:17 am
Weeds I can handle; the smell

Tots
Tots 04/07/12 - 11:48 am
They ask for a meatier rants

They ask for a meatier rants and raves ,yet post on the scrapes...

Tots
Tots 04/07/12 - 11:54 am
Frankie-B

Frankie-B posted@12:17pm-Weeds I can handle; the smell of the dog park wafting over the Evans park during concerts and today's Easter Egg hunt is unacceptable.

Tots says- I agree Frankie-B ,give me the smell of weed any day,over the smell of dog poop..

Trouble
Trouble 04/08/12 - 12:53 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch, and heading out to work, yall play nice........pearl and rk, enough already....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/08/12 - 04:04 am
yes, dear

yes, dear

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/08/12 - 04:07 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seeit, and the alphabet crew.

Welcome Masters patrons to the final round. Look out for Phil, he is making his move. Just don't forget to look both way before crossing Washington Rd. to see him get another green jacket.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/08/12 - 04:10 am
What do the Emperors ears

What do the Emperors ears have to do with peace?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/08/12 - 06:49 am
Happy Easter America and

Happy Easter America and Friends (& TSDs)

The great gift of Easter is hope – Christian hope which makes us have that confidence in God, in his ultimate triumph, and in his goodness and love, which nothing can shake.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/08/12 - 06:59 am
Lets not forget that our King

Lets not forget that our King SMCICBHO made no bones about admitting in his 2006 memoir, "The Audacity of Hope," the secularism of his mother, father, and stepfather led him during his younger days to be far from a devoted Christian when it came to Easter.

Any positive display from him about Easter is only for a vote.

daphne3520
daphne3520 04/08/12 - 08:16 am
In MY HUmble Opion, ANYONE

In MY HUmble Opion, ANYONE wearing pajamas in public is a Psychiatrist's DREAM!!!!!!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/08/12 - 09:54 am
Rant 2, most inert objects

Rant 2, most inert objects have at least ONE good point about it, so why not promote that good point.

allhans
allhans 04/08/12 - 10:10 am
Maybe places of business

Maybe places of business could post a sign along with "no shirts" stating "NO pajamas".
This means of dress is especially nasty in restaurants...Ugh!

happychimer
19521
happychimer 04/08/12 - 11:51 am
I have not noticed pajamas

I have not noticed pajamas worn in public. I don't like the sagging pants with underwear showing, but I don't see as much of that as I use to. i also don't like to see women wearing clothes that show what they have. That is disgusting.

BamaMan
BamaMan 04/08/12 - 01:34 pm
Cities in Alabama are

Cities in Alabama are outlawing the pants below the butts. This area could follow suit, please!

smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/08/12 - 02:06 pm
Rant #2... Lets see now, if I

Rant #2... Lets see now, if I remember correctly when George Bush was President he was many times portrayed with features of a monkee AND greatly exaggerated ears! I don't remember anyone from the looney left who ever complained of the way their President was being treated. Come to think of it neither do I recall anyone from the Right complaining. Could it be because we understand the concept of satire??

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 04/08/12 - 02:43 pm
I'm not so disturbed about

I'm not so disturbed about the pj's in public; I can remember when local schools had "Pajama Day" fundraisers. Comes under the primary directive. "Anything adults wanna do is fine as long as I don't have to pay for it or participate."

Pants down, showing drawers; not attractive, but on the plus side, when they run away, it's easier for law enforcement to catch 'em. Laugh every time I see it on 'Cops.'

Real public eyesores are the return of too-tight shorts on your basic 300 pound buffarilla. Cameltoe and wookie thighs- ugh! It's always been my position that anyone wanting to wear anything more revealing in public than a burka should have to get a license-- after passing visual inspection.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/08/12 - 07:02 pm
THANK YOU BUBBA!!!!

THANK YOU BUBBA!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/08/12 - 07:28 pm
60 Minutes has a long segment

60 Minutes has a long segment on polo tonight and some of it was shot in Aiken. The world's number one player said he buys his horses from the facility in Aiken. They went to Aiken and interviewed the trainer and watched the training of the horses. Good local stuff.

allhans
allhans 04/09/12 - 10:10 am
I saw the polo segment. Polo

I saw the polo segment. Polo is an expensive sport.
I think that the massive cost was the reason for Fred Couples' divorce years ago. His wife was a player and broke the poor guy.

Ex-superintendent to write of miraculous recovery

Taking his doctor's advice, former Richmond County school superintendent Frank Roberson has nearly finished writing a 150-page book about his remarkable recovery from brain trauma.