Rants and raves

Comments from readers:

NOW THAT THE weather is getting warmer, the stench from the Dumpsters at the Post Office on Peach Orchard Rd is returning. I guess it is only fitting for south Augusta.

A RANT TO the old guy in a yellow shirt who took pickles from the salad bar. Thanks for using the tongs at least, but it is still called stealing because you did not pay for them at the check out counter. Someone saw you.

I THINK IT IS AMAZING how someone can get on the Rants & Raves and talk about whether the young boys who won the basketball championship can read. Why is it when young boys do something positive there is always something behind it, but when the boys at ASU won the golf championship, no one said anything bad about them? Don’t rain on those young boys’ parade. Those boys weren’t doing anything wrong.

I AM A 60-year-old male who had a quadruple bypass six months ago at University Hospital. Right after the operation the first thing the doctor asked me was: “When did you quit smoking, and how much did you smoke?” I said a cigarette has never touched my lips in my entire life. Second-hand smoke does kill. Thanks, smokers.

RANTS TO THE person who said we can’t blame Obama for high gas prices. Gas usage is down, not up. Obama is certainly to blame for no drilling. Get your facts right before you post in the Rants & Raves.

OUR PRIME RIVERFRONT property does not need to be wasted on student housing. That is a waste of our best real estate.

AZZIZ IS FOREVER in the paper. Who is responsible for bringing him here?

THE TRAYVON MARTIN killing is almost like Emmett Till. America, you should be ashamed of yourself. Where is the FBI at times like this? This is somebody’s baby. This sets America back 60 years.

I AM VERY disappointed they are castigating Mr. Zimmerman when he has proof and witnesses of what happened. These race hustlers and the president need to mind their own business.

TO ALL OF the female officers of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office: Why doesn’t one of you run for sheriff? We need a woman up there. They’ll straighten out the Sheriff’s Department. You’ve got my vote.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/06/12 - 11:55 pm
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Masters patrons, Trouble, seenit, rm, wb, sfb, cg, and the rest of the alphabet.

Halfway through the tournament and we haven't gotten one on Washington Road yet. I'm impressed.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/06/12 - 11:59 pm
I should have gotten pimento

I should have gotten pimento cheese to make sandwiches with this week. I wasn't thinking.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/07/12 - 12:56 am
oops

oops

Trouble
Trouble 04/07/12 - 12:45 am
morning all, just flipping

morning all, just flipping the switch, have fun

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/07/12 - 12:56 am
Todays rundown 1. It's trash,

Todays rundown

1. It's trash, what do you expect Chanel #5

2. Did you check his receipt? Or maybe his meal came with a salad bar and the pickles were all he wanted.

3. Nobody said anything bad about the team. But can they read? Nothing against them but the school system itself. College sports are a different thing all together. You have to take a test just to get in.

4. Sure it wasn't cholesterol from food YOU ate?

5. But the poor Obama supporters will never face the facts.

6. It was wasted when the county got it.

7. Good question.

8. Nope, people playing the race card set us back 60 years.

9. See above.

10. Maybe, but remember Pelosi was going to drain the swamp.

Trouble
Trouble 04/07/12 - 01:04 am
second rant........seriously

second rant........seriously ac, yall find that important enough to print again???? must have been a member of staff who had the traumatizing experience of watching someone "steal" pickles from the salad bar.......

copperhead
copperhead 04/07/12 - 01:26 am
when hussein is in his second

when hussein is in his second term,he will mandate that women be forced to join augusta national.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 05:48 am
The Augusta National has more

The Augusta National has more prestige and power than the White House.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 05:53 am
To the ranter who saw the old

To the ranter who saw the old guy pocket a pickle, let him enjoy it and not try to put him in a pickle.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 06:38 am
To the last ranter who

To the last ranter who suggested a woman officer run for Sheriff of Richmond County to straighten out things. That's a good idea if you can find one who hasn't worked with Roundtree or Peebles.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 07:00 am
Former Wash. DC mayor, former

Former Wash. DC mayor, former crackhead, now councilman, Democrat Marion Barry was recently reelected by his ward. He said they have to do something about Asians with businesses in the city. Think it's time for Obama to speak out about this racist official living a few miles from him representing the capital of our country?

Techfan
Techfan 04/07/12 - 07:06 am
"Global oil demand will rise

"Global oil demand will rise by 1.2% in 2012 to 88.96 million barrels a day, led by increases in China and other developing nations, U.S. government forecasters said Tuesday.

Reuters
But the growth is about 260,000 barrels a day less than projected a month ago, after tweaks in 2011 demand in the major industrialized nations and slightly slower growth in China and other developing countries, according to the Energy Information Administration."

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 07:16 am
I wonder if Fred Couples

I wonder if Fred Couples could play even better if he used a little Grecian Formula?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 07:22 am
Couples looks good just like

Couples looks good just like he is....I was hoping he would be a top contender & he is.......you can't improve "perfection"...he is right at the top......fun to watch too......I love to watch happy golfers..

Good am Masters & "others"

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 07:24 am
I'm not getting enough

I'm not getting enough sunshine.....I might need to stay outside a little more.....on a boat or something..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 07:27 am
The old guy with the

The old guy with the pickle....LEAVE him alone.....who knows why he wanted that pickle......geeez.....some would arrest him for that & let shooters of waffle houses walk away.......crazy world we live in today!

InChristLove
InChristLove 04/07/12 - 07:31 am
Ranter #8 must not read or

Ranter #8 must not read or listen to the news.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 07:38 am
Freddie Couples pic is on the

Freddie Couples pic is on the front page of sports in the AJC....he looks MARVELOUS!

Hang in there today & Sunday.....don't let the younguns get toya!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 07:54 am
RM said... The Augusta

RM said...

The Augusta National has more prestige and power than the White House.

I think ya right about that!!
If we could just get the members to run this country like they do the Masters...heh...we could solve a lot of problems here....If only.......I can dream can't I.....

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/07/12 - 07:59 am
The Augusta National has so

The Augusta National has so much power, they could declare war on some country and consult Congress later. The incomes of at least two members are greater than some countries.

allhans
allhans 04/07/12 - 07:59 am
Couples just has that little

Couples just has that little twist when he walks, ya know? :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 08:01 am
Yeh...allhans....cute little

Yeh...allhans....cute little behind:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 08:13 am
Headlines in the AJC....Job

Headlines in the AJC....Job Growth Loses Steam.....

well which is it---one day loses steam the next day grows ----I'm confused here......one day employment stinks the next day not....
Ya just don't know what's going on doya!!!

dichotomy
dichotomy 04/07/12 - 08:20 am
"This is somebody’s baby.

"This is somebody’s baby. This sets America back 60 years."

There was an incident and now there are ongoing investigations. The only thing that sets Amercia back 60 years are the actions of certain types of people who feel obligated to get in the streets and run their mouth before the investigation is finished and the facts come out.

As for being somebody's baby......everyone, including all young thugs and punks, are somebody's baby. We still do not know all of the fact of what happened but we do know that Martin was not an innocent angel. He had already been caught with a bag of women's jewelry and a burglary tool. Another time he had been caught with marijuana residue and a pipe. He had been expelled from school for graffiti, misbehaving, and truancy. Maybe Zimmerman was right to be suspicious and call the cops and try to keep Martin in sight. What happened after that we don't know. That's why there are ongoing investigations and a Grand Jury. Civilized people would wait for the outcome of the investigations. The "mobs" are what is setting us back 60 years.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 08:28 am
Russia is reportedly

Russia is reportedly deploying missles at the border of Poland & Lithuania....S-400 mobile surface to air missiles.....now can't ya just see this playing out right at election time......we are sooo naive to what is really going on....

allhans
allhans 04/07/12 - 08:30 am
In the very beginning a FL

In the very beginning a FL radio station aired a witness that said Martin was "peering into cars" as he strolled around. If so, that is suspicious behavior.
Was he doing that? I have no idea. Same as others who are spouting off.

Bruno
Bruno 04/07/12 - 08:44 am
dichotomy, NYT's March 17,

dichotomy, NYT's March 17, "Trayvon had no criminal record. He was suspended from his Miami high school for 10 days in February, which is the reason he was visiting his father. The family said the suspension was not for violent or criminal behavior but for a violation of school policy."
Where did you get the "women's jewelry and burglary tools" from?

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/07/12 - 08:49 am
Bridgestone Golf will expand

Bridgestone Golf will expand their company in Covington Ga....they will make 40% more golf balls......more jobs for that area.....you see golf is very important..:)

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 04/07/12 - 08:51 am
Because I saw no hyper-link

Because I saw no hyper-link for Bill Maxwells True Christians column in todays paper, I'll do my talking here.
I loved it - a "Christian" questioning if other "Christians" are doing things right or if they're "Christian" enough. Oh man, even the author couldn't see the hypocrisy he brings to his own writing. Although you so-called "Christians" hate me for my agnostic views, there are certain things you can not deny about agnostics: We're never questioning another agnostic as to if they're doing it correctly or not, and we wouldn't judge them to see if they're "agnostic enough." And besides, why do I need to get my "morals" out of a book? This "man the wise" (Homo - sapiens)[or is that "squirrel the wise"?] that evolved from an ape is smart enough to figure things out by himself. Bill Maxwell misses his grandfather and I miss my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-............................. grandmother - better know by the name of Australopithecus afarenis - but we liked to call her "Lucy." She would have been 3,204,165 years old this Fourth of July. Heck, she was still driving her Corvette up until she was 3,204,160 years old - and she still didn't wear glasses! And she had the best "hole shot" I ever saw.....could drop that clutch like Big Daddy Don Garlits !!!! Ah, good times - good times.
As always....peace out.
Wait a minute, I just got a phone call. It's from The Nature Boy Ric Flair - he says: Whooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 04/07/12 - 08:53 am
Last time I heard of a

Last time I heard of a championship involving young boys was when Richmond County ILLEGALLY used tax payers money to dress them up for the parade and buy them rings. That was swept under the rug very very quickly!

Kettle donations rise in 2014