Rants & Raves

CONGRATULATIONS TO Aquinas High School for their outstanding presentation of Sweeney Todd. The cast performed this difficult score and script with great professionalism, and the staging and costumes made this a true Broadway-style production. Thank you to Director Lloyd and staff, the cast and crew, and Aquinas High School for a most enjoyable evening. Job well done students!

I FEEL RICK Santorum made a very harsh comment when he stated that having Obama re-elected would be better than electing Romney as president. To say that Obama would be the better choice is absurd. I could run the country a whole lot better than Obama.

IT BREAKS MY HEART to hear about the tragedies involving precious, little children. Children are a gift from God and deserve to be loved and cared for and have their needs met physically, mentally and emotionally.

MY GRANDSON AND I stood by the stage at the commons on St. Patrick’s Day and the two young men running the sound board talked on and on how they would “like to go burn one.” Needless to say I was shocked.

A RANT to the Richmond County Board of Education for requiring the FBLA students to travel home at 1 a.m. from their state competition in Atlanta Saturday. Compromising our kids’ safety to save a buck is unacceptable.

I JUST WANT TO RAVE about the teachers at McBean Elementary. You really make a difference in our children’s lives with how much you care about their education!

ONCE AGAIN, President Obama has injected himself into a racially charged situation without knowing all the facts.

A BIG RAVE to Davidson Fine Arts’ production of Beauty and the Beast. It was a wonderful show! All the students in the show were great; but the young man that played Lumiere, Harrison Callaghan, stole the show! I do believe this young man is as good as most on Broadway!

CHANCE AND HYDRICK Funeral Home buried my son recently. They are good people with lots of feelings for the family. They did a good job for my family.

Trouble
Trouble 04/06/12 - 12:41 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch before i head out to work, yall have a good one and play nice......but not too nice........lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/06/12 - 02:39 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the rest.

Welcome Masters patrons. Be careful crossing Washington Road and remember to spend lots of money.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/06/12 - 02:55 am
Seems I remember a senseless

Seems I remember a senseless killing (times two} not long ago. Seems there were a girlfriend and a North Augusta police officer shot. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. Now the question is, where the heck are the Revs Al and Jesse??? If they are so concerned about senseless killings involving minorities. Come on Revs, put your mouth where you money is.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 03:08 am
Good morning, RK and the

Good morning, RK and the others when you wake up.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 04:08 am
Bobby Petrino should run for

Bobby Petrino should run for Sheriff of Richmond County. He would fit right in with some of the candidates.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:30 am
WEEELL......it is good to see

WEEELL......it is good to see the guys carry the load on here this am....

for a change....:)...I'm here for a short while--so let the thumping begin...yawn....yyyaaawwnn..

If the economy stinks I can't see it here....the restaurants are packed--the traffic is awful....booming I would say....something is changing...thank goodness...
YEA--good am CSRA & others..

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:33 am
Did santorum really say that

Did santorum really say that about it would be better for O to win???

Hate has no boundaries ..does it.....full of religion---is he also full of hate...put biiig ole foot in mouth why doncha...lol

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 05:35 am
SeenIt, I don't think he

SeenIt, I don't think he meant that. I can see him as the VP. Don't cha think?

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:38 am
I guess Joe Scarborough was

I guess Joe Scarborough was right .....he said if Santorum didn't get out of the race that Romneys group would burn the earth underneath him & do it in his home state.....the burning has started...ooohh that fire burns-burns-burns...that ring of fire...hahah

Sometimes I feel like a ring of fire---right here--& it isn't hot flashes either.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:39 am
No--NO---& NOo....he won't be

No--NO---& NOo....he won't be VPres for anyone...betcha on that..

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:41 am
Aren't you frisky this am

Aren't you frisky this am RM....did you take an energy bottle or "sumthin"??

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:45 am
About hearing folks say they

About hearing folks say they want to burn one....well that could be anything...right??----cig-cigar-mj--?---how do you know....

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 05:47 am
SeenIt, not working today,

SeenIt, not working today, woke up early for some reason, but I intend to go back to bed after ticking off half the western hemisphere.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:49 am
As usual SM...the r/rs are

As usual SM...the r/rs are lacking something.....you & I both know what it is...spicey-funny-gut wrenching --outstanding comments.....how can I do my job here when you don't supply the material>>You know how my mind works....I need a challenge with a reward at the end......ya know..:)

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:52 am
Well RM...You & I both know

Well RM...You & I both know how to tick off folks....even when they least expect it.....but hey..that is life...when you come on here get ready to play....I'm usually easy on the beginners BUT once they get their feet wet....well all bets are off...& some ASK for it!!
:):O)....but you are sooo much better than I am..lollol

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 05:57 am
I do notice a bunch of new

I do notice a bunch of new names on here...some are funny posters....they add a lot to the hum drum...I can actually predict what some of the older posters will say now....almost word for word,...I think AC puts certain articles on here just for a certain few...BUT I wonder what they put on here for seenit & RM??? heheheh lol

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:02 am
Let me get serious

Let me get serious here....

Another flight attendant jerked off plane because of erratic actions....say...myabe someone is putting something in their drinks.....why so many at one time....loss of sleep??...what is going on??

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 06:04 am
SeenIt asked, "BUT I wonder

SeenIt asked, "BUT I wonder what they put on here for seenit & RM??? "

Lots of stuff that we know is not right and will let the world know loudly.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:11 am
They can't put our mind in a

They can't put our mind in a box.....they don't have a clue on how to use it to the fullest.....there are some things that can't be trapped & caged....the more people try--the more we show them they are wasting their time......I can't even control my thoughts.....I need to get organized ....maybe 1 day...:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 06:16 am
Ha, fat chance of THAT. But

Ha, fat chance of THAT. But talking about patterns of those who comment, that's true, but we all have our views. I just wish everyone used a little more humor now and then while not taking things so serious and being so dogmatic. (Interesting word...automatic dog? Heh...I think I'm going schizo playing on words. That's a symptom.)

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:20 am
A few tips to help you with

A few tips to help you with learning to change your thoughts:

Be Open
Be willing to question your thinking and ask yourself if there are thoughts that are hindering you. As you are now in a different phase of your life, different strategies may be needed.

One technique to try is whenever you feel anxious or upset when dealing with someone, ask yourself why you're feeling those emotions. Or ask yourself why you reacted a certain way.

If your answer is because you want people to like you or to approve of you, then you need to keep questioning yourself as to why you feel you need to do that.
Why do you doubt yourself?
Why do you think they won't like you if you simply be yourself?

You may discover that an event from your childhood has made you think that you need to respond to certain situations in a particular way. It may have been a good strategy when you were little but if it's not working for you now, then you need to change it.

Be Aware
Don’t just automatically respond the same way you always do. Pay attention to how you react and what actions you use to solve certain issues. You should be able to see where how your behavior is creating the results that you get.

If you don’t like the results then you your thoughts might benefit from a few minor adjustments. Often just becoming aware of what you’ve been doing will change your habit.

Our difference imo...is that we don't need approval from others....we like it but it isn't necessary for our happiness in life....we have learned to make our own happy times....:)
We are happy with ourselves..

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 06:23 am
Like I'm going to even read

Like I'm going to even read all of that comment, much less try it. Ha.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:24 am
But ...just to be serious for

But ...just to be serious for a moment RM...if you could change 1 thing in the USA...what would it be ? (don't say O a Pres pls)

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/06/12 - 06:33 am
That's like when they asked

That's like when they asked boxer Randall Tex Cobb who the best boxer in the western hemisphere was. He said he didn't know, but he was the baddest man in North Abilene. I can't be serious about such an all encompassing question. It's hard enough for me trying to figure out how to save my little section of Columbia County. Let others take on this question.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:48 am
I have been reading that some

I have been reading that some want to change the way a Pres is elected....sounds good to me....just make it 6 years.....that's it....no running for re-election & make it majority vote win....

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 06:53 am
One thing I think would help

One thing I think would help America....is GUT the educational system & start over....make it like a boot camp from age of 5 to 15....study-reading-learning almost all day......uniforms are needed---discipline would be swift----trouble makers would be bounced......after 10 years of that--give them freedom to think freely.....by then most will want to learn more imo.

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 07:26 am
Ok....there are some great

Ok....there are some great pics in the AJC this am of the Masters...beautiful.....I just hope it is exciting & fun this year..... like a nail biter right up to the end....overtime....I hope Couples can surprise us with a great finish....& of course I want to see Tiger at the finish line too.....some have the pizzaz-looks-interest......& some seem to reallly enjoy the game & are having lots of fun out there.....they are the ones I like to watch..:).....They call them the Masters for a reason..:)

twolane
twolane 04/06/12 - 07:44 am
children precious little

children precious little gifts yeah 5 of those precious lil angels busted in a womans house and did unspeakable things to a mother in front of her children....these precious lil angels have become sociopathic killers in the last few years...how many kids have killed someone in these last two years

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 08:03 am

I love these dogs.......happy I know you will like this!

seenitB4 04/06/12 - 08:38 am
Question of the day...why do

Question of the day...why do we feel drugged when in love---cause ya are drugged....here is the reason...

18 months of drug effect usually.....but WHAT a trip....:)