Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE RANT ABOUT the recent picture of the bike riders: You beat me to it. I wanted to post a similar rant, but you said it much better than I could have. Thank you, thank you.

IT’S RIDICULOUS the commenters on the Rants & Raves who resort to lies, lies and more lies against the president. You can’t come up with real facts against him, so you keep putting lies out there over and over again as if you can brainwash others with it. The birth certificate thing is so over. Then you want to blame him without questioning all those millionaire oil and gas company moguls.

JUST WHEN I HOPED the world changed for the positive in some way, someone or some people bring down the level again. I thought it was bad just after 9/11 when people kept asking me what I am, as if I have to show them physical paper proof just because they demand it to “make sure” of what I am. Now they are judging any dark person who wears a hoodie as suspicious? That was a kid, just a teenage kid! I can remember years ago before 9/11, some guy was questioned just because he was dark and walking through a parking lot at MCG! When can we finally turn this chapter into the past about judging dark-skinned people so suspiciously that someone now shoots someone just for the way they look?

FOR THE RANTERS hinting that racism is the reason people are against Obama. Two things: These ranters are unable to defend any of Obama’s policies, and they are unable to compete in the arena of ideas. So all they are left with is, “Well, you just don’t like the color of his skin.” You that hated Bush need to look at his record. He had less unemployment than Obama. The national debt was a lot less than it’s now under Obama. Obama will tie Jimmy Carter as the worst president we have ever had. Do you want four more years with a president that spends money we don’t have and has said he is going to spend more money if he gets four more years?

THE LIBERAL MEDIA says that Occupy Wall Street is another civic group just like the tea party. Let’s see … Arrests at OWS gatherings: 4,149. Arrests at tea party gatherings: 0 (yes, that’s zero).

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/05/12 - 01:04 am
I don't know where to begin.

I don't know where to begin. Lies... what about the WMD's that were not in the area and now we find out that the likely cause of Desert Storm Syndrome was nerve gas.

When can we finally turn this chapter into the past about judging dark-skinned people so suspiciously that someone now shoots someone just for the way they look?.......... When you quit playing the race card every chance you get.

The more a lie is repeated the better chance of people believing it. As in the Emperor and "the economy is getting better". I must ask, how many of you are better off now than you were 3.4 years ago.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/05/12 - 01:01 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seeit, cg, wb, rm, sb, sfb, and the rest of the alphabet.

Special Welcome to the Masters patrons. Be sure the person next you you has their umbrella higher than yours. More thunder storms expected. And get 'em Phil, you need another green jacket.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/05/12 - 01:51 am
WOOHOO, I got the first

WOOHOO, I got the first thumbs down today. Ya'll make me so proud sometimes.

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 04:45 am
WOW RKill....how you found

WOW RKill....how you found some meat on the bones of these r.rs ...heh..I'll never know....AC..if ya don't get some goodies on here I'll be fishing on Lake Chatuge with GOb more & more is summer....he is getting the pontoon ready....now if he will just let me fish ...heheh

The case in Florida was sad...but for the life of me I can't see why THAT case is sooo imp....& thousands across the nation are NOT...they don't make the news....why not?? What is the difference??

A good article in the AJC said 72% of black families are parented by 1 parent....that is a disaster in the making....when you take the male figure out of the home you are asking for trouble.....

Young boys esp. need the man in the home...if you THINK you can work all day & then come home & discipline kids ..hahha..you are fooling yourself.....I'm speaking 1st hand ---been there/done that!

good am...good am MASTERS!

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 04:47 am
RK...don't be jealous cause I

RK...don't be jealous cause I get more thumps....heheheh....I know how to aggravate better han you..:)

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 04:54 am

This always get the bumps.....the great Don Gibson.......sometimes the older music just can't be beat.....the band-words-the meaning behind the song....all of it....todays music just doesn't have that "special" feeling to it.......yeh...I'm thinking out loud here.....but I'm sure some of you over 55 know what I mean..:)

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 04:59 am
InChristLove
InChristLove 04/05/12 - 05:07 am
'Now they are judging any

'Now they are judging any dark person who wears a hoodie as suspicious?"

I'm so tired of hearing and reading this. It wasn't because he was wearing a hoodie....it was because he was walking around in the rain, looking at houses, acting suspicious.

Morning RK and Seenit.....

I wish Ranter#2 would explain what lies he/she is talking about that the commenters are making about President Obama. As for the birth certificate issue, haven't heard much about it lately.

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:11 am
What Makes Beautiful Minds

What Makes Beautiful Minds

Some forms of creative genius seem unfathomable. But as the author of A Beautiful Mind tells us, that doesn't mean we can't learn from them.
BY Sylvia Nasar | December 1, 2004

In Ron Howard's movie based on my biography, A Beautiful Mind, Russell Crowe plays Princeton mathematician and economics Nobel laureate John Forbes Nash Jr. From the first frame, the young Nash -- driven, brilliant, odd -- is obsessed with finding the truly original idea that will reveal reality's "governing dynamics" and, not coincidentally, win him mathematical stardom.

Clueless as Nash is about social dynamics, he correctly senses that it is ideas, as much as money, power, or sex, that make the world go round. That, of course, is what economic thinkers from Friedrich Hayek to Joseph Schumpeter, John Maynard Keynes, and Robert Solow have argued all along. The explosion of creative thinking in the past century and a half or so is the main reason living standards have risen eightfold, market economies have outperformed socialist ones, corporations have become innovation labs, and work has become more interesting.

And so we'd all love to understand, harness, and enhance that kind of thinking. How nations can promote creativity is the subject of many studies, including one by Edward C. Prescott, who just won a Nobel Prize in economics. But how the minds of truly original problem solvers such as John Nash work remains pretty much a mystery. While most of us can imagine writing a book and maybe painting a picture, very few of us can imagine composing Mahler's Ninth Symphony, or proving Fermat's Last Theorem. Such inventions strike us as magical, perhaps the reason one synonym for creativity is "wizardry."

The 21-year-old John Nash was certainly a bit of a wizard to have come up with the first theory of nearly everything. That's no exaggeration, either. Most theories apply to just one specific discipline. But game theory, the subject Nash is best known for tackling, applies to any situation involving a mix of competition and cooperation -- corporate rivalry, competition for votes, Darwinian struggles among species. Nash's thesis was just one of a spectacular string of problems that he solved before he turned 30 and the onset of delusions and hallucinations sapped his creative powers. In fact, most of the mathematicians I interviewed insisted that Nash's contribution to game theory was the most "trivial" of his accomplishments.

To all the Beautiful Minds out there......just be careful though...I hear it can lead to madness..:)

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:12 am
Good am ICL....:)

Good am ICL....:)

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:15 am
I have noticed this...the

I have noticed this...the best posters on here have a little "madness" in them already.....in other words....sometimes they ain't quite normal!!

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:17 am
I have never wanted to be

I have never wanted to be normal---:):)

Some say...don't worry..heh

now see....last night we had 13 comments at 6pm.....see how easy it is to bump up that #...LOL

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:23 am
Read this again pls The

Read this again pls

This is the reason America is great.....the freedom to think outside the box!

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:32 am

These are the odds folks......ya may not like them....ya may get mad when I say the female vote is leaving the GOP....sigh......sorry......I call it as I see it.......if things stay the same ...you will see O back again...
I told yall to keep Perry in the race---ya just wouldn't listen....dang

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 05:52 am

The game theory by Nash......very long & few will read it...but bj might be interested...:)maybe LL too..

Life can be a game---some just play it with zest..:)

seenitB4 04/05/12 - 06:40 am
seenitB4 04/05/12 - 06:57 am
You are welcome SM....seeya

You are welcome SM....seeya later!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 04/05/12 - 07:03 am
Good Morning America, AC

Good Morning America, AC Friends and TSDs.

My one liner for the day.

"Thank you Honorable King SMCICBHO for all the Good you have done for America!!!" Thank you for destroying what could have been an enjoyable life for my Grand Children....

allhans
allhans 04/05/12 - 07:27 am
Some days the R & R's

Some days the R & R's complaints aren't too interesting, thus no reason to comment. Then there are the days that you can fire away.
Today is another ho-hum I think.

(the good ones might be printed next week)

strib1
strib1 04/05/12 - 07:44 am
to the bho lover, u gotem

to the bho lover, u gotem now deal with him.... he is the worst i have seen i think.... didnt know he showed true birth ceti.. lies i dont thilnk so?

strib1
strib1 04/05/12 - 07:47 am
o and as far as blaming all

o and as far as blaming all the rich people and millionares and billionares we should take a lesson from after all they are making money and we are not??? must know something?

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/05/12 - 08:05 am
The Weather Channel is

The Weather Channel is showing Chronicle photos of the National and giving credits. Cool.

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 04/05/12 - 08:29 am
Yeah. And Big Dog Stump &

Yeah. And Big Dog Stump & Tree couldn't begin to pay for the free advertising they are getting from those photos.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 04/05/12 - 09:30 am
I watched a show last night

I watched a show last night called WifeSwap. It's a show where they......wait for it.......swap wifes. Generally, couples will swap wifes into family situations that would be antipodal to their everyday way of life. For example - a disciplinarian swaps with someone with a care-free attitude. A "well to do" swaps with someone "not so well to do." A "professional" swaps with a "blue - collar" type. And last night they had a Christian swap with a...................and I said - "No, they're not going to swap a Christian with an atheist, are they?" - and they swapped one Christian for another Christian. Hmmm, not their usual modus- operandi, but hey, I'm not the director. Anyways, these are actual words that these Christians tossed at each other during the show: "manipulated," "brainwashed," "indoctrinated," "feel like a leper in your house," and "you're judging me." I guess that shows that Christian #1 felt they were correct and were trying to correct Christian #2 while Christian #2 felt they were correct and they were trying to correct Christian #1. Two Christians - each thinking they're correct - showing that they can't get along and people want to chastise me for being agnostic. At the end of the show I had my emotions come to the surface and those emotions are so important I must shout them to the world in all capital letters:
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD TO BE AGNOSTIC! After watching these two religious people trying to work each other over the coals, it was absolutely beautiful to observe as I took it all in.

By the way......this has nothing to do with the rants and raves, but neither do +90% of the comments on here. Peace out!

Tots
Tots 04/05/12 - 09:44 am
Good morning to everybody,and

Good morning to everybody,and God bless us all..

Tots
Tots 04/05/12 - 09:56 am
Pearlthesquirrel postedthis

Pearlthesquirrel postedthis @10:30am-I guess that shows that Christian #1 felt they were correct and were trying to correct Christian #2 while Christian #2 felt they were correct and they were trying to correct Christian #1. Two Christians - each thinking they're correct - showing that they can't get along and people want to chastise me for being agnostic. At the end of the show I had my emotions come to the surface and those emotions are so important I must shout them to the world in all capital letters:

Tots reply- It happens,not just with religious people..Have you ever been in a room with a few teachers in it , and they both think they are right?.. Some of the things that come out of their mouths ,and they are teaching your kids and grandkids...

happychimer
19503
happychimer 04/05/12 - 10:04 am
RK asked how many of you are

RK asked how many of you are better off now than you were 3.4 years ago. My husband and I are better off than we were 3 or 4 years ago.

Jake
Jake 04/05/12 - 10:05 am
Well, pearl, if they had

Well, pearl, if they had swapped two christians and each family was loving, kind, and respectful then that show would never be aired. These idiotic shows are all about anger, confrontation and disobedience. Now if they had done a show with a christian being swapped with a muslim then that would have been more interesting.

happychimer
19503
happychimer 04/05/12 - 10:09 am
As for the lies told about

As for the lies told about our President, I look at the source it came from, and just push it to the side. Repeating lies over and over will not make me believe them. I don't have time for nonsense.

unbiased_propaganda
unbiased_propaganda 04/05/12 - 10:29 am
Enough about the Trayvon

Enough about the Trayvon Shooting Case!! He wasn't just an innocent kid - the picture that the media kept showing was of him as a young kid - but if you saw him today - he looks like a grown man.

And nobody knows the real story - so stop making accusations!!

And stop making it a racial thing!! GEEEEEEEZUS - Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, everyone else making a huge deal out of this - GET OVER IT!

Man it's getting old!!

Sickness closes all McDuffie County schools

One day after closing an elementary school because of excessive absences caused by illness, the McDuffie County School System has decided to close all seven of its schools, according to its ...