Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

RICHMOND COUNTY Board of Education, how stupid do you think the public is? The same old story about the bus driver taking time off is the reason for the problems of the kids getting to school late. We sure are glad it’s an election year. Maybe someone will run against you people.

A RAVE for Aquinas High School who did a musical (Sweeney Todd) about a murderous barber who makes his victims into meat pies. It was totally amazing!

THE SE NATURAL Sciences Academy says it wants to “follow the same parcel of water as it goes downstream” in the Savannah River. Since flowing water constantly mixing and remixing, there are clearly no “parcels” to follow. As for the speed of the flow: they threw oranges into the water and couldn’t keep up with them. Wouldn’t it be more effective to just measure the water’s speed at intervals along the river and then take an average?

IN REFERENCE to a line in the article on the front page of the Metro on March 24: “... its visible areas need to be cleaned in case Masters visitors venture downtown.” WHAT? What this insinuates is that those of us that live, worship and work in Augusta are not worthy of the cleanup. I “venture” downtown EVERY DAY and I attend the festivals, eat at the great restaurants and buy from downtown merchants. Do the suits making these decisions and comments think my money isn’t green enough or my presence not elite enough to warrant a cleanup? This makes me angry enough that I have written my first ever rant … UGHHHHH!

OBAMA IS bankrupting America because of his wild spending. Obama stopped the pipeline from Canada and will not allow drilling for oil in new oil fields which could bring down the price of gas. Obama wants the price of gas to go to $8 to $10 a gallon like in Europe. Companies are scared to hire people because of the cost of Obamacare and the weak economy we have because of Obama. When you are elected president the problems of the country are your problems.

YOU HAVE GOT to be kidding me about wanting a smaller paper with less pages and therefore less news. You must not like to read much. I would assume that most readers WANT to see news, sports, The Pinch for savings tips and the many other categories and do not want less material.

countyman
19178
countyman 04/04/12 - 01:01 am
The golf and gardens property

The golf and gardens property belongs to the state of Georgia.. GA DOT already had to reduce the number of times they cut the grass and pick up trash each year.. I'm sure an abandoned property isn't the first priority..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/04/12 - 01:04 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the rest of the bunch.

Welcome to Masters patrons.

And to honor the opening day of baseball, what many, including me, consider the best comedy bit ever.....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/04/12 - 01:23 am
And thanks to those who were

And thanks to those who were concerned about me. I was in Arizona when the twister hit. I understand our Dallas facility had a lot of damage, but thankfully no injuries.

Trouble
Trouble 04/04/12 - 01:30 am
morning all, my parole is up,

morning all, my parole is up, and i must go back to the place what pays me, yall have a good day, im just here to flip the switch.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/04/12 - 02:24 am
smokeysbandit
smokeysbandit 04/04/12 - 08:21 am
Roadkill...glad to hear you

Roadkill...glad to hear you weren't anywhere around Dallas. Your Dallas facility took one heck of a nasty hit.

bigclaude
bigclaude 04/04/12 - 08:31 am
Ranter #3. In the immortal

Ranter #3. In the immortal words of Scooby Doo......HUH!!!???

allhans
allhans 04/04/12 - 10:13 am
Baseball..Bring it on! Golf

Baseball..Bring it on!

Golf season...!

happychimer
happychimer 04/04/12 - 10:15 am
Congress is bankrupting

Congress is bankrupting America; not President Obama. Get your facts straight for once.

allhans
allhans 04/04/12 - 10:18 am
A Thought for the day. If

A Thought for the day.

If private investors aren't interested in a project..then the government should stay far away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/04/12 - 10:40 am
happy, the president has to

happy, the president has to sign any bill before it becomes law. I don't remember the Emperor vetoing any spending bill. So, the Emperor is doing his part to bankrupt us as well.

constituent
constituent 04/04/12 - 11:00 am
I've to agree Georgians are

I've to agree Georgians are suckers for the lottery,Mega Million players are always loser.

happychimer
happychimer 04/04/12 - 12:45 pm
Georgia Lottery officials say

Georgia Lottery officials say the record Mega Millions jackpot generated $25.2 million for the HOPE scholarship and prekindergarten programs in the state.I don't call that losers.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 05:57 pm
This is ridiculous....6pm &

This is ridiculous....6pm & 13 measley comments!!
BUT...if I had comments on here....ya know the thumpers would be thumping & complaints coming out of (well ya know) fussing because I took up all the space...heh
BORING......PLACE.....
see what happens......empty space you are fussing about!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 06:01 pm

Liven it up a little.....pretty day here....sunshine ---nice cool breeze

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 06:16 pm
There is a great article in

There is a great article in the AJC by Mona Charen....When it comes to crime, it's not the race, it's NO FAMILY........she says 72% of black births are to unmarried women......the shame of this is the gov. help create this mess....
We can't keep paying unwed mothers to have babies....it is crazy!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 06:20 pm
I bet the traffic is a

I bet the traffic is a bbbeeech on Washington Rd......

RKill...I'm glad you afe ok & missed the tornado...

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 06:24 pm
Just a few helpful hints for

Just a few helpful hints for our Masters guests...& yankees...:)

Only a Southerner knows how many fish, collard greens, turnip greens, peas, beans, etc., make up "a mess."

_____

Only a Southerner can show or point out to you the general direction of "yonder."

_____

Only a Southerner knows exactly how long "directly" is, as in: "Going to town, be back directly."

_____

Even Southern babies know that "Gimme some sugar" is not a request for the white, granular, sweet substance that sits in a pretty little bowl in the middle of the table.

_____

All Southerners know exactly when "by and by" is. They might not use the term, but they know the concept well.

_____

Only a Southerner knows instinctively that the best gesture of solace for a neighbor who's got trouble is a plate of hot fried chicken and a big bowl of cold potato salad. If the neighbor's trouble is a real crisis, they also know to add a large banana puddin'!

_____

Only Southerners grow up knowing the difference between "right near" and "a right far piece." They also know that"just down the road" can be 1 mile or 20.

_____

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 04/04/12 - 06:25 pm
Yeh ...my kin said "Gimmie

Yeh ...my kin said "Gimmie some sugar....& round yonder"

gaptomom
gaptomom 04/04/12 - 09:29 pm
To the woman in the dark gray

To the woman in the dark gray Honda car waiting to turn left from Bobby Jones onto Washington Road during the hard rain on Wednesday afternoon...was putting mascara on while sitting in the middle of the intersection really necessary??? REALLY!!! That intersection at afternoon rush PLUS in a storm should have demanded your full
attention. Just hope that you were the only person in your car.