Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MANAGEMENT, COACHES and players who have any part of this bounty scheme should be banned from the NFL. I hope any of these players who received a debilitating injury from these bounties gets good lawyers and sues anyone who had any part in their injury.

MY DEEPEST THANKS to the person who turned in my cellphone at the Washington Road Kroger.

PAINE COLLEGE students are protesting because they did not get their checks? I would have given anything if my kids had received a check while they were in college.

IF YOU BUY YOUR child a four-wheeler or a dirt bike, please don’t let them ride on someone else’s property. Take them somewhere where they can ride it. Don’t let them tear up someone’s property.

OUTRAGE OVER the young man in Florida is to be expected, and an investigation should ensue. However, let us be incensed over this and other similar incidents because it is wrong and not just because of the color of the victim/perpetrator. Let the Jesse Jacksons and Barack Obamas speak out with distaste no matter the demographics of the individuals involved. True unity needs to start now.

I’VE SEEN A couple of the new anti-smoking campaigns put out by the American Cancer Society, and the last one was just dumb — “Smoking caused me to lose my legs.” I think they should have to put a disclaimer in these commercials giving the actual statistics of smokers who lose their legs versus smokers who don’t. Talk about taking things to the extreme!

IF PRESIDENT Obama calls those who understand the limitations of alternative energy sources “flat earthers” and his alternative energy is so great why doesn’t Obama take a Fisker Motors Karma on his next vacation? After all, over $500 million in tax money went to fund the car being built in Finland.

THE POLITICIANS AND Wall Street executives all have excuses for rising gas prices. But the real reason is plain and simple. Greed. I do not have a problem with people being greedy; in the end they will be judged. The problem is that high fuel prices will destroy our country.

A QUESTION TO the person who doesn’t like Sweeney Todd. What’s your favorite Tony Award-winning musical?

Trouble
Trouble 04/02/12 - 03:26 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch, come on, get started...........lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 04:34 am
Good am trouble..... Tiger is

Good am trouble.....
Tiger is back on his game.....watch out CSRA.....THAT brings the crowd in....big time...funny how wimmen tble can mess up the ole mind...:)

Lady A won....wow..they are great...weeel let me see what tble I can get into today!

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 04:39 am
I'm glad to see some are

I'm glad to see some are speaking out about the outrage in Florida should be an outrage all over the black neighborhoods with the thousands of deaths....everyday .....we see the headlines on here all the time....why not get upset about the black father killing the 4 year old ............innocents are dying....can you see that Sharpton--Jesse??

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 04:44 am

I listen to the oldies more than the new songs....

Red Solo Cup---Toby Keith.....(not 1 of his best imo)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/02/12 - 04:45 am
I was sent a pie chart on gas

I was sent a pie chart on gas prices by a friend a few days ago showing about a 30% profit margin. Ask any retail business owner how long he/she thinks they can stay in business with that profit margin. The extraordinary profits come from the sheer amount of gas we buy.

Trouble
Trouble 04/02/12 - 04:46 am
no seenit, they cant see

no seenit, they cant see anything that wont benefit them, either their bank account or their popularity. no race baiting to be done if both the victim and the prep are the same color.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/02/12 - 04:48 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, wb, rm, ch, sfb, and the rest of the alphabet.

A special welcome to the Masters patrons. But please be careful crossing Washington Road. We seem to manage to hit 2 or 3 of you every year.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 04:52 am
RK...Maybe they need to wear

RK...Maybe they need to wear the neon vests ...the kind that glows...that way we can see them when crossing the dang streets....I git tired of looking fer some spot to bury em.....LOL

JTF...don't worry---we will miss ya...hope ya having fun with your friends this week....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 04:54 am
I wish we had some moonshine

I wish we had some moonshine to sell up on Washington Rd this week....we could make a dang fortune....rk....did ya bring any home withya?.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 05:05 am

My kin in the North Ga mountains making shine....can't find them though...soo don't go a-looking :)

Trouble
Trouble 04/02/12 - 05:11 am
seenit, they play in traffic

seenit, they play in traffic enough without the help of moonshine.......

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 05:32 am
Yep they do trouble

Yep they do trouble lol

Couples says he is still a contender.....yes I believe him too....

“Once I’m there, I honestly think I can be in the mix,” he said. “I’ve got to play really well on Saturday and Sunday. My goal is to compete with the golf course. I’m not worried about a 22-year-old who hits it 380 yards or an older guy. I’ve got to go out there and shoot scores to give me a chance on the weekend to compete with the young and the older guys.”

One thing different about this Masters will be who is carrying his bag. Joe LaCava, who had caddied for Couples at every Masters since 1990, is working for Tiger Woods now. Couples’ new looper is his girlfriend, Midge Trammell.

His caddie is working for Tiger now.....how about that...

carcraft
carcraft 04/02/12 - 06:03 am
Roadkill- I understand that

Roadkill- I understand that oil companies have a profit margin of about 5-6%. Governent gets a big slice of gas price in taxes and the distributor gets a cut as does the owner of the station where the gas is bought. Maybe it is 30% by the time you add 5% here and 5% there, but owners are in ti to make money.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 04/02/12 - 06:47 am
Yeah, I think the 30% must be

Yeah, I think the 30% must be the total mark-up at the pump. The 5%-6% represents net profit margin.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 06:54 am
Why Women Cheat.... When it

Why Women Cheat....

When it comes to infidelity, there are a number of myths and misconceptions. First of all, infidelity isn't limited to sex or physical contact. And second, men aren't the only ones who cheat.

Women also seek comfort and satisfaction (in and out of the bedroom) outside of their marriages, and almost as frequently as men do, says Sarah Cook Ruggera, MFT, a marriage and family therapist in San Diego. It's estimated that the number of men who cheat on their wives is up to 60 percent. But as many as 55 percent of women also cheat, says Ruggera, a number that's climbing and today is likely on a par with men's statistics.

It's also important to clarify that you don't have to have sex to commit infidelity. Infidelity can be "some kind of inappropriate intimacy outside their relationship, be it emotional or physical," explains Ruggera. "Most affairs are not always about sex."

Weeeel then...that explains it.....I'm having an emotional affair with men on this posting outlet.....well ok then....it makes me happy..:):)

Boudreaux
Boudreaux 04/02/12 - 06:59 am
When I played football we

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 06:59 am

Just want yall to know though...it tears me up when yall don't say sweet things to me on here....:)

seeya later in day

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/02/12 - 08:15 am
Not part of any thread, but I

Not part of any thread, but I was surfing the Country Music Awards last night and stopped because Bono of the band U2 was speaking, and thought what it the world? I caught this sound bite -forgive if the words aren't precise- when he addressed the group, "I love country music. It's patriotic. When I listen, I feel proud to be an American- and I'm Irish! America is not just a country, it's not just geography, America's an IDEAL."

There you have why liberals so loathe country music.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/02/12 - 08:21 am
And on yet another unrelated

And on yet another unrelated topic, a friend asked me just how much the government of Afghanistan was paying the families of the US soldiers killed by Afghan troops?

Trouble
Trouble 04/02/12 - 08:48 am
dstewart, i dont see where

dstewart, i dont see where they are paying anything...........but maybe it is under the table.....................(yea right)

allhans
allhans 04/02/12 - 09:15 am
Regarding Martin, have you

Regarding Martin, have you read the tweaks and other internet postings done by Martin?

debby
debby 04/02/12 - 10:19 am
Proof that Augusta area gas

Proof that Augusta area gas retailers are ripping us off?: I traveled through middle of nowhere Georgia towns over the weekend and their gas was 12 cents cheaper per gallon than Augusta area gas. Even in NC, where fuel taxes are higher than ours, gas was cheaper than in Augusta.

Jane18
Jane18 04/02/12 - 10:43 am
Re; R&R#5- Unity will never

Re; R&R#5- Unity will never happen with the individuals mentioned in this Rant!

Jane18
Jane18 04/02/12 - 10:48 am
I should have said,

I should have said, "..........because of the individuals..........".

omnomnom
omnomnom 04/02/12 - 10:51 am
high fuel prices are among

high fuel prices are among the lowest on the totem pole when it comes to things tearing our country apart...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/02/12 - 11:02 am
OK, we will go with 2-3%. You

OK, we will go with 2-3%. You start a company and make it on that kind of profit.

David Parker
David Parker 04/02/12 - 01:16 pm
"When I played football we

"When I played football we were taught to hit as hard as possible and if you hurt someone w/o getting flagged you got praise for a good lick. That was at rec. dept., b-team, and varsity highschool."

Me too, which is why I find The Saints' method of paying cash for the same intensity so abhorrent. In football, the goal is not to injure the opposing player, at least it wasn't when I played. The goal is to play competively within the rules and put up more points than the opposition. Going outside the rules would have and still does, "draw a flag".

Trouble
Trouble 04/02/12 - 01:59 pm
high fuel prices are among

yea, but it is waaaaaaaaaay up there on the list of things that are draining my bank account.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 02:32 pm
I was just wondering about

I was just wondering about this insurance argument going on....what can the gov. really make us do.....
We have to pay taxes....we have to wear clothes....we have to drive on a certain side of the road....we live in houses(instead of under bridges-althought some do)we can carry a weapon but we need a cwp....etc.....

I'm really sick of some commercials they are cramming down our throats.....I don't smoke but do I have to watch the pics of smokers with problems breathing----or drunk drivers---or babies hungry.....anyway just letting off steam here.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/02/12 - 03:03 pm
The essential question is

The essential question is not, “How busy are you?” but “What are you busy at?”
~Oprah Winfrey

Find a job you like and you add five days to every week.
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Life grants nothing to us mortals without hard work.
~Horace

Advice is the only commodity on the market where the supply always exceeds the demand.
~Anonymous

The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never of any use to oneself.
~Oscar Wilde

Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it. Specially if you have to leave them alone.
~Author Unknown

There’s no business like… staying the heck out of my business, so please stay out.
~Unknown

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
~Leo Aikman