Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY ARE ALL these young kids getting killed (Where are the parents)? Somebody should be held responsible.

PEOPLE, PLEASE keep your cats in your yard. Everybody does not like the creatures, especially their smell and all the other nasty things they do.

THE SOUTHSIDE MAFIA needs to make a comeback. Those of us who live south of Gordon Highway have no representation. My commissioner for the 6th District seems to be more concerned about ballparks downtown than in working for the needs of south Augusta.

I AGREE WE SHOULD have contraceptives because the taxpayer is paying for every one of these illegitimate children to be born and their mothers to raise them.

A SAD RANT to all the wasted money and energy spent to stop two gay people from getting married – energy better spent feeding the needy or educating our kids.

I AM A PARENT of kids at a local middle school. I heard a public safety officer yelling at a young student in the hallway about his mother going to court. Everyone in the hallway didn’t need to know this family’s business. They were trying to humiliate that child.

MARY ANN and the staff at Regions Bank on Columbia Road are unbelievably efficient. If I had another home to refinance I’d do it again tomorrow!

THANK YOU SO MUCH to the kind person who turned in my charge card at the fuel station at Kroger on Washington Road. I wish I knew who you are!

AS A RESIDENT of an apartment building at 10th and Greene streets, I am tired of all the complaints about the church bells ringing every hour. I thoroughly enjoy hearing the bells and was saddened when they turned down the volume. It is not disturbing the peace for the church to ring their bells. I hope they know that they have supporters; we just don’t voice our opinions as “loudly” as others.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH – The liberal media and Hollywood socialites can say what they want about conservatives in front of packed audiences and with the president/first lady in attendance, and not an eyebrow is raised. What kind of president would attend a function and a rapper sings a song with an obscene title while extending his middle fingers to the audience?

Trouble
Trouble 04/01/12 - 01:44 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch and heading to work, be nice.....

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 04/01/12 - 04:07 am
morning trouble! I'm wide

morning trouble!
I'm wide awake at 4 am. I'll hold down the fort until you get back.
I just hope I can keep seenit and River in line!
Rant #1: I'm with you. What is happening? Parents need to lock up thierm firearms. Every morning some kid had shot another kid by accident. It's so sad.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/01/12 - 04:52 am
Where have you been shrimp???

Where have you been shrimp??? Missed ya a bunch...
Keep me in line...lol...no way hosea.....forget about river in line...he has so many groupies following him on here now that he THINKS he is a white Tiger....some evidently think he is the best poster on here...lol...can you say BIG head....:):)

Anyway shrimp I'm glad ya came back to see us.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/01/12 - 04:57 am
About the Southside

About the Southside Mafia.......it is on the way back....South Augusta ya need it too....
Have you been sick of what the city folks have thrown your way....well make a change at election time.....now is the time to make a BIG CHANGE.....forget about color----put the men in office that will do the job....some can work together to change the problems in S Augusta...
you deserve more than a bone....it is about time you got some of the steak too....change the politics in Augusta.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/01/12 - 05:04 am
1. Educate the kids. I am

1. Educate the kids. I am talking Mom and Dad. I have had loaded firearms in my house since before my first daughter was born. They were taught as soon as they could understand not to touch the guns. As they got older they were taken shooting where they saw next a gun could do.

2. You need to say keep your cat in the house. It is impossible to keep a cat in the yard if it wants to wander.

3) None of the commissioners are worried about the constituents until election time when they will say/promise what ever it takes to get elected.

4) Plenty of free contraceptives available now. If they won't use them now what makes you think they will use them then. The horse is dead, quit beating it.

5) While I personally disagree with the gay lifestyle, who am I to tell anyone who they can or can not be with?

6) Is it possible the little angel was the reason the parent was going to court. Nah, that couldn't be it. That would be making the parents responsible and we can't have that.

7) Noted

8) It must be Masters time. Trying to make the city look crime free.

9) That would depend on what time you work/sleep.

10) That's easy... the Emperor.

And there you have a complete rundown so we can get on with the hellos and chit chat.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 04/01/12 - 05:10 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, wb, rm, cg, ch, and the rest.

And I can't leave out the Masters patrons, spend plenty of money while you are here. The commissioners need more to waste.

If I have to explain how the commissioners get their hands on a portion of the money spent in the area, please don't vote.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/01/12 - 05:25 am
shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 04/01/12 - 05:48 am
Good to be back seenit. I had

Good to be back seenit. I had to get a new computer. The old one was confiscated by my daughter. Plus I've been busy with non computer related items.

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/01/12 - 06:02 am
Special request..... Women

Special request.....

Women choose the man.....& why they do....

Who’s choosing whom? We are used to think that it’s men who choose. They usually first start an acquaintance with a woman, ask he for a phone number, call her first, offer to go out together and etc. The most obvious sign, as it seems, that it’s a woman who waits for a man to make her a proposal. At that is the order verified by ages.

Still the scientists claim that the situation can be a little different in the reality. They say that the woman makes her choice more carefully and attentively than a man. She’s more capricious and fastidious while searching for a partner. A woman looks first at man’s social status, his financial affairs. She need not a person to watch and admire but a partner to rely on. Men as everybody knows it love with the eyes. So the beauty and the sexuality of a woman is more important for. Of course later he will have to deal with her character but he isn’t looking that far while a woman is from the beginning orientating on a long-lasting relationships. By the way there’s also an opinion that women are better socially adapted than men.

Both men and men claim that the character of a potential partner is more important for them than the appearance, but on the first date men still get attracted with the beauty of women while women are trying to find out who that man is really are.

The explanation of this lays in the evolutionary history. Women were risking much more when choosing a partner and had to be more attentive making her choice. After having sex man could always get up and leave and a woman could get pregnant. So a woman is historically orientated on a choosing a man to build a family with. Nowadays the situation is of course quite different, women are more independent and the process of conception is put under control but the biological nature of the humans is progressing slower than their socials one so the instincts still play a considerable role in our lives. So a woman on a first date probably isn’t searching for a husband or any serious relations at all, but unconsciously she’s valuing any man she sees if he is valid for creating a family.

So....guys we can't help it.....we ae programmed a certain way...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 04/01/12 - 06:10 am

This is for CGEE.....I hope you are in great health & feeling fine....

seeya later folks..

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 06:13 am
A huge rant to

A huge rant to hussein,holder,sharpton,and the new black panthers for ignoring the case of the black man beating his 4 year old daughter to death. I reckon,when they find a way to spin racism into the story and get some votes,they will voice their outrage.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 04/01/12 - 06:51 am
woohoo I just won $350,000 in

woohoo I just won $350,000 in the Georgia lottery! I have no idea what to buy first!
Of corse today is April fools day so I'm actually just as brole as I've always been.
Did I FOOL anyone?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 04/01/12 - 06:54 am
Copperhead Ain't that the

Copperhead Ain't that the truth!
Sharpton and Jackson are such a big part of the problem. They're useless and publicity whores.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 07:36 am
shrimpforbreakfast,you are

shrimpforbreakfast,you are being too kind to these two.... But if you complain too loudly,the new(old)black panthers will put a bounty(which is now legal and sanctioned by the hussein regime)on your head.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 07:43 am
Have y'all heard of the new

Have y'all heard of the new kkk? It has only 4 members and has nothing to do with the kkk. They are just a fringe group and are harmless. If they put a bounty on a non-white,ignore them,they really don't mean it. And again,they have absolutely,positively NOTHING to do with the old kkk.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 07:47 am
Oh,by the way,you can believe

Oh,by the way,you can believe that there are only 4 members because i got the numbers from the official site of the new kkk. AND the kkk confirmed it!

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/01/12 - 07:48 am
Copperhead, I've even heard

Copperhead, I've even heard blacks are allowed to join the New KKK (NKKK).

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 07:57 am
I don't know about their

I don't know about their membership requirements but i know with 100% certainty that there only 4 members and they are harmless and should be ignored. BECAUSE they said so AND the kkk confirmed it. Move on-nothing to see here!

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 08:06 am
I heard(unconfirmed) that

I heard(unconfirmed) that they were going to put a bounty on the person that beat his 4 year old daughter to death. Mind you,that is a rumor and should not be taken as fact.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/01/12 - 08:15 am
Good morning,

Good morning, y'all.

Copperhead, as long as they're the new and not old then it doesn't matter, eh? ;-)

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 08:16 am
Riverman,i think when the new

Riverman,i think when the new black panthers(NOT the old black panthers) accept non-black members,the new kkk(NOT the old kkk)will accept non-white members. This is speculation and should NOT be taken as fact.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 08:20 am
Abbynoll,they are supposed to

Abbynoll,they are supposed to be a fringe group of 4 or 5 that have no impact on our society. They are a non-issue and should be ignored-at least that's what they say and we can believe every word.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/01/12 - 08:22 am
of course we can... as long

of course we can... as long as they say they are harmless and the media agrees we should be fine.

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 08:28 am
If they both(the new kkk AND

If they both(the new kkk AND the old kkk)say it,how can it not be true. It must be taken as fact!

copperhead
copperhead 04/01/12 - 08:35 am
Well,it has been confirmed! I

Well,it has been confirmed! I just spoke to an old friend and she knows somebody that has a second cousin that dated a girl that had a brother that knew one of the founder's friends. And the new kkk has nothing to do with the old kkk.

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/01/12 - 08:48 am
I heard Cecil B. DeMille the

I heard Cecil B. DeMille the 4th is going to do a movie about the New KKK called The New Birth of a Nation. It will be filmed in Crawfordville. They are having trouble finding real NKKKers to play the parts so extras of all races are being hired and are instructed to bring their own sheets.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/01/12 - 08:54 am
All I know is they better not

All I know is they better not take their wife's good 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets or there WILL be trouble

Riverman1
Riverman1 04/01/12 - 09:32 am
Abby, who counts those

Abby, who counts those threads?

But, just saw the weather and there's going to be lots of rain the latter part of the week. I wonder if the Masters is going to be extended into the following week? That would be a boon for us.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 04/01/12 - 09:49 am
"Where are the parents?" It's

"Where are the parents?"

It's a constant refrain on all the message boards and the answer is as simple as it is unpalatable: Parents are there in homes across the nation mostly. The problem is they are drive-by's; to earn a living both work because inflation and the pressures of the workplace have them working more hours just to stay afloat. It stuns me when I see it go unremarked how our economy managed to actually grow while we effectively doubled the number of workers in the market as the result of 'liberation.' How is it that no one seems to understand that pressure? Twice as many people vying for the same jobs is NOT going to positively effect wages. When they are there, they don't have the tools to parent like their parents did- the majority of their parents raised by Dr. Spock's entirely wrong concepts.

In addition, the group support that once existed is gone; other parents are too busy as well to help out; and while they were so involved in making a better life for their children the State took away any power to discipline under the guise of the world's most damaging mantra "...It's for the children."

Don't get me started on single parent households; I cannot think of a worse or more destructive idea than having the state in the role of father.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 04/01/12 - 10:03 am
River... no clue but I bet

River... no clue but I bet they have awesome vision! I've seen that it's supposed to get icky too. I'm heading to Hilton Head for a few days... at least it's supposed to be pretty while we're down there. :-)

ARC to honor 1956 championship team

Because the championship year of 1956 has never lost its glory in Richmond Academy football lore, the team will be honored Thursday at the third annual ARC Hall of Fame banquet, where 10 alumni ...