Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I AM NOT WORRIED about the high gas prices. I am so happy and I thank God for the war ending and our troops coming home. The economy is getting better. Give God the glory.

THIS IS THE 21st century. Birth control has been around for a long time. A person with three children under the age of 3, who leaves them home alone, does not deserve to be bonded out of jail.

PEOPLE DON’T WANT to see babies breast-fed in public but will tolerate someone walking around with his pants to his knees.

I HAVE SEEN BUDGET cuts and termination of staff, all to save money since I went to work 40 years ago. What it has shown me is the millions they are going to save will just be spent on something else.

TO COLUMBIA COUNTY Foundation for Children, thank you for the assistance given to my grandchildren last Christmas. I apologize for sending this so late.

WE WOULD LIKE to give a big rave to the Rich­mond County Sheriff‘s Office. They worked diligently to find our stolen equipment and metal. The two thieves have been charged. Thank you again.

A RAVE TO THE NICE couple that paid for our food at Ryan’s in North Augusta on March 9. We received a gift card for our 63rd anniversary. The cashier told us it had not been activated. The individual told the cashier to put it on his card.

I QUIT THE GYM. These darn carpenter bees are keeping me hopping. I’ve lost 20 pounds chasing and killing these suckers. Is there a better way than a fly swatter?

WITH ALL THE talk of combining the two colleges in Augusta, and all that goes along with these changes, including vast amounts of money to be spent, one would think Dr. Azziz would be at least a little concerned about patient care at MCG. The mother of a dear friend was hospitalized there recently and received some of the worst care I have ever heard of. When they spoke up, the answer they received was, “What do you expect from a publicly funded hospital?” I would say there is a real problem here.

LEAF BLOWER GUYS, stop blowing the leaves off the sidewalk into the road so that the cars can blow them right back onto the sidewalk. You’re not making Augusta beautiful for the Masters; you’re just wasting the money people paid you.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/31/12 - 11:24 am
SeenIt, maybe it is time for

SeenIt, maybe it is time for a woman member of the National. Would she mind helping clean up after the dinners?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/31/12 - 11:25 am
Hey Leaf Blower commenter.

Hey Leaf Blower commenter. I've noticed that too. They blow everything into the road.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 11:26 am
That's really funny

That's really funny RM...(cough-cough)......it will happen....just a matter of time!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 11:32 am

OOoh how this song FITS!!!

LOL......seeya later---theeengs to do!

museofsatie
museofsatie 03/31/12 - 12:00 pm
" . . . one would think Dr.

" . . . one would think Dr. Azziz would be at least a little concerned about patient care at MCG. The mother of a dear friend was hospitalized there recently and received some of the worst care I have ever heard of . . . "

My father was hospitalized there almost 2 years ago for a couple of months. The doctors and nurses at MCG (especially the nurses in one particular ICU area) saved his life and did so much for him. I'm sorry your friend's mother had sub-standard care, but that experience isn't a universal one.

Trouble
Trouble 03/31/12 - 01:33 pm
afternoon all, work is done

afternoon all, work is done till i get to go and do it all over again tomorrow......you know, this gets old after awhile.......

Jane18
Jane18 03/31/12 - 01:36 pm
Someone please tell me what

Someone please tell me what is "natural" about Anyone and Everyone seeing a Mother nursing a baby? No, it is not "natural" to be out in the open for the world to see! Women used to take the time to breast feed somewhere out of the way of the public, have peace and quiet for the baby(and her), did not want just anyone(whoever or whatever they may be)to see ANY of her body, and took care of any other needs the baby had(diapers had to be changed-I remember that!)and the cleaning up of herself after the nursing. No, today, it's alright if girls, not women-not married, get pregnant, girls and women wearing fitted to the body clothing to show their "baby-bumps", children born with no Daddy around, I could go on and on. The family has broken down and all the natural ways of it, and we have some people out here arguing about if they can breastfeed or not in a certain place. Yeah, get yourself a certain place, be discreet instead of trying make show out of what should be so precious to you and nourishing to you baby!...... And speaking of these guys with their "drawers' showing, I cannot think of any style, fad, or fashion that has been as ugly as this one, and, brother, don't you know we have had some...................Plus, isn't there some negative meaning to "that fashion statement"? Something about prison and..................................?

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/31/12 - 03:11 pm
The thing I don't understand

The thing I don't understand is this... is this just an isolated incident where someone just flopped it out there and junior latched on? I breast fed in public whenever necessary.... with a blanket draped over my shoulder covering both me and my child. Had a friend walk up and try to hug me once, didn't even realize I was breastfeeding. I've never seen anyone be indiscreet about nursing, some people just look for something to whine about. Out of the other side of their mouth they're going to tell you to eat healthy and get plenty of excersize ... nothing more healthy or natural than breast feeding your child. By the way, it's healthy for both the child AND the mother... not to mention it sure beats the crap out of those nasty formulas that cause all sorts of digestive issues.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 03:35 pm

Thank you sweet abby for making sense about breast feeding.....why someone wants to make it something to be ashamed of I will never know...
I had an uncle who said the most beautiful thing in the world to him was a breast feeding baby or a pregnant woman...
the more I thought about that... the more I realized he was right....that is where life comes from....we all know it....we all came in this world THAT WAY.....
Love between a man & woman creating another life.....unbelievable glory & a miracle ........there are some things in life that are very special.....& that is at the top of the list..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/31/12 - 03:36 pm
Get 'em Abby. That is the

Get 'em Abby. That is the same thing my sis did with her kids. If you hadn't known what she was doing you wouldn't have known. If that makes sense.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 03:40 pm
RK...sometimes you make

RK...sometimes you make sense....ok :)

Trouble
Trouble 03/31/12 - 03:55 pm
seenit, seriously, you are

seenit, seriously, you are not the one who has to live with him, dont tell him things like that, makes him hard to live with.....lol

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 03:56 pm
I sure hope the groupies

I sure hope the groupies don't break their fake fingernails whie clicking on my posts....lordy......mercy.....ya barking up the wrong tree...lol..wrong tree...:):)

Too pretty to be inside today....gotta go now.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 03:57 pm
I know trouble.....I said

I know trouble.....I said "sometimes" what I didn't add...other times he can be a nut!

deadline
deadline 03/31/12 - 04:06 pm
Rant #9, you know, doctors

Rant #9, you know, doctors and and nurses don't wake up one morning and think "Today, I am going to harm my patients and provide terrible care". Call the hospital, let them know what you think, they will listen.

Trouble
Trouble 03/31/12 - 04:50 pm
seenit, he wont see the

seenit, he wont see the sometimes part of it....lol

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/31/12 - 05:24 pm
My turn to brag. My daughter

My turn to brag. My daughter made the varsity tennis team.........in the 10th grade!!!!!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:44 pm
You have a right to

You have a right to bragg....very proud papa..:)

museofsatie