Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I AM NOT WORRIED about the high gas prices. I am so happy and I thank God for the war ending and our troops coming home. The economy is getting better. Give God the glory.

THIS IS THE 21st century. Birth control has been around for a long time. A person with three children under the age of 3, who leaves them home alone, does not deserve to be bonded out of jail.

PEOPLE DON’T WANT to see babies breast-fed in public but will tolerate someone walking around with his pants to his knees.

I HAVE SEEN BUDGET cuts and termination of staff, all to save money since I went to work 40 years ago. What it has shown me is the millions they are going to save will just be spent on something else.

TO COLUMBIA COUNTY Foundation for Children, thank you for the assistance given to my grandchildren last Christmas. I apologize for sending this so late.

WE WOULD LIKE to give a big rave to the Rich­mond County Sheriff‘s Office. They worked diligently to find our stolen equipment and metal. The two thieves have been charged. Thank you again.

A RAVE TO THE NICE couple that paid for our food at Ryan’s in North Augusta on March 9. We received a gift card for our 63rd anniversary. The cashier told us it had not been activated. The individual told the cashier to put it on his card.

I QUIT THE GYM. These darn carpenter bees are keeping me hopping. I’ve lost 20 pounds chasing and killing these suckers. Is there a better way than a fly swatter?

WITH ALL THE talk of combining the two colleges in Augusta, and all that goes along with these changes, including vast amounts of money to be spent, one would think Dr. Azziz would be at least a little concerned about patient care at MCG. The mother of a dear friend was hospitalized there recently and received some of the worst care I have ever heard of. When they spoke up, the answer they received was, “What do you expect from a publicly funded hospital?” I would say there is a real problem here.

LEAF BLOWER GUYS, stop blowing the leaves off the sidewalk into the road so that the cars can blow them right back onto the sidewalk. You’re not making Augusta beautiful for the Masters; you’re just wasting the money people paid you.

Trouble
Trouble 03/31/12 - 01:41 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch for yall. ill leave you with a thought......what if asu and mcg combine, and they put william bloodworth (president of asu) in charge as opposed to dr azziz?

allhans
allhans 03/31/12 - 03:30 am
Bright as day, trouble. "Give

Bright as day, trouble.
"Give God the Glory". Yes.
As for as our young folks coming home, that is wishful thinking. They are still being sent to Afghanistan and we that have them on the way there now, worry..and pray a lot.
Gas prices? Outrageous. Senseless.
Desperate times.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/31/12 - 04:04 am
I think I will buy a horse so

I think I will buy a horse so I don't have to worry about high gas prices.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/31/12 - 04:07 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the rest of the bunch.

A welcome to The Masters patrons. We thank you for spending your money in the area. And it gives the local governments a reason to clean up in the area.

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 04:21 am
WEEELLL...now I know who woke

WEEELLL...now I know who woke me.....RKill stumbling around ...well ok I'm awake now....

If you want to feel young & bouncey ...spend some time with young folks.....my granddaughter & her friend are going on a run this am in Atlanta....pull up Color Run & google it.......never heard of this B4.....funny & something different ....

GOOD AM MASTERS.....Good am CSRA!

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 04:25 am
Put me down for wanting to

Put me down for wanting to see breast fed babies over drooping baggy butt showing pants.....any day of the week..:):)

Crack is whack......as Houston said..

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 04:27 am
A winning ticket sold in

A winning ticket sold in Maryland......maybe even more......I hope more......JAWGA.....comes to mind...

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 04:46 am

Maybe Augusta could use a color run...:)

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:01 am

Special request....How to tell if you are really in love......this is for teens & adults.....

Sunday...I may do-- How to tell if your EX still wants YOU...:)

Monday ..I may do -How to get FAR away from your EX--if she does still want you...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/31/12 - 05:04 am
Thanks seenit, now I can go

Thanks seenit, now I can go to sleep with a smile... and Trouble ain't even close!!!

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:08 am
RKill...Watch that "smiling"

RKill...Watch that "smiling" at night......it always cause me trouble....
LOL LOL.....ya have to explain why ya are smiling...:):)

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:17 am

I certainly don't want to disappoint the thumpers...so here ya go ...

I know the thumpers (better known as groupies) have certain posters they love--worship--adore......he is cotton candy --:):)

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:33 am
Disclaimer... If you think my

Disclaimer...

If you think my posts are about YOU....THINK AGAIN....:)

You just ain't on my radar screen.....LOL

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 05:40 am

How to get POSITIVE attention in life....now this could be about YOU!
:):)

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 06:18 am

Some REALLY need this advice.....& some don't!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/31/12 - 07:55 am
I bought lottery tickets for

I bought lottery tickets for the first time in years. Didn't get a single number. That'll teach me.

raul
raul 03/31/12 - 08:25 am
@Riverman. Disappointed

@Riverman. Disappointed doesn't begin to describe the feeling when I found out I didn't win the mega millions. Now, I will have to replan my future as a non multi-millionaire. Bummer.

allhans
allhans 03/31/12 - 08:27 am
I spent four bucks. Had one

I spent four bucks. Had one number (23). Easy come, easy go, I guess, but the $4 would have bought a gal of fuel.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/31/12 - 08:32 am
Yeah, Raul and Allhans, I

Yeah, Raul and Allhans, I guess I can work another 20 years or so. What the heck.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/31/12 - 08:32 am
Good morning, y'all. Here's

Good morning, y'all. Here's hoping the rain keeps the loonies inside and out of my hair.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/31/12 - 09:18 am
Allhans, I think you won

Allhans, I think you won $3.00 for having one number and the powerball number.
As far as the economy, just because someone says it's improving doesn't mean it is. Learn to think for yourselves.

Augusta resident
Augusta resident 03/31/12 - 09:20 am
Time for the chronicle to

Time for the chronicle to start the good news only cause it's Masters Week week.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 03/31/12 - 09:25 am
interesting

interesting read:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/electronics/9177609/The-Masters-could-the-Augusta-National-golf-club-be-forced-to-make-IBM-chief-Virginia-Rometty-its-first-ever-female-member.html

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 03/31/12 - 09:32 am
Rant #1...."The economy is

Rant #1...."The economy is getting better. Give God the glory." Well then, this person is also blaming God for the backslide the economy has been in for the past three or four years, correct? Why do people always "praise" God for something but never give him (how do you people know if God is a him, her, or whatever?...) "blame." I know why - it's religion inability to accept responsibility - let me put that another way. Religion always gets the "free pass." I love it - God is great and does all these great things - yet - God NEVER is responsible for any of the detriments of society. Oh yea, that "free pass" card works all the time for religion. Think about it - because I can tell you never have.
Oh....one more thing......still NO takers on my $15,000 / small block Chevy / title to my house bet. All talk - no walk. Whooooooooooo!!

allhans
allhans 03/31/12 - 10:08 am
pearl...I give God the Glory

pearl...I give God the Glory for every day, just to be alive.
As for the economy, I blame the current president for that sad state of affairs.

allhans
allhans 03/31/12 - 10:10 am
Yes, AR..Everyone be nice and

Yes, AR..Everyone be nice and pretend it is the real us.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/31/12 - 10:13 am
Good Morning America, AC

Good Morning America, AC Friends and even TSD's.

Enjoying the day with my brother from Florida. We are going to do a little shooting as soon as it dries up. At least I don't have to drive downtown to pick up my lottery money....

twolane
twolane 03/31/12 - 10:26 am
for the carpenter bees use a

for the carpenter bees use a badminton racquet bigger and easier to get em

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 11:14 am
Will she or won't she....I

Will she or won't she....I posted about this yesterday....it is time.....
Augusta National.....make it happen!

IBM hasn't spoken on the issue, and no one even knows whether Rometty wants to be a member. That's immaterial: The fact is that Augusta’s stance is indefensible, and has been for years. The club and its apologists, such as Washington Post sportswriter Sally Jenkins, maintain that as a private organization it should be free to set its own membership rules, like (from Jenkins’ list) the YWCA and African American fraternities.

Sorry, that doesn’t wash. Augusta’s record of retrograde exclusivity is long and contemptible. The club didn’t admit its first black member until 1990 (when the honor went to a Virginia television executive). And there’s a big difference between an organization aimed at promoting or protecting the interests of a marginalized group, and one with supposedly a broader purpose.

Augusta National, moreover, isn’t only a private club. It’s the force behind a major public televised event that draws viewers from all over the world and advertisers from the highest echelons of commerce. The club may be legally within its rights to exclude an entire category of people from membership, but that’s an infantile policy and should be condemned, not honored as some sort of blow for freedom of assembly.

CBS, which revels in its role as the longtime TV home of the Masters, and advertisers such as IBM are certainly responsible for helping Augusta perpetuate discrimination. But we should also blame the pro golfers who participate in the tournament. What gives the Masters its cachet is that it fields the greatest players in the game. Here’s a bet: The moment some of them register their displeasure by rejecting the coveted invitation, the club will begin to fold its hand. Phil Mickelson, Angel Cabrera, Tiger Woods, Tom Watson, Rory McIlroy — the ball’s teed up.

seenitB4 03/31/12 - 11:17 am