Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CONCERNING STRAY CATS: I’ll take a stray cat over a stray kid any day. So all you kid lovers kindly keep your kids in your yard and out of mine, off of my car, out of my tree, out of my shrubs etc. … And be sure to keep all of his candy wrappers, pop cans, snack bags and – here’s one you’re gonna love – his cigarette butts right there with him.

IS GREENBRIER the only high school in the CSRA? Why does Columbia County get all the coverage regarding high school sports? Where are the pictures and stories from Richmond County schools? Every local high school sport is coming out of the Columbia County Bureau. Do we not have a Richmond County Bureau?

RANTS TO THE STUDENTS at Paine College who are protesting. Is it not enough that they are getting a free education?

I THINK THAT WJBF should have more than the same two survivors on their commercials. There are a lot of survivors out there who want to tell their stories.

I DO NOT SUPPORT any ban on smoking. I think the government should get out of people’s personal business and let them live freely, abiding the law.

RAVES TO TINA and Ms. Vivian at Trinity Hospital. I was almost vomiting I was so nervous. They had me laughing and I forgot about being nervous. You guys are great. Thanks for everything.

A RAVE TO THE ACLU: Thank you so much for fighting so hard to protect the rights and liberties of American citizens (as long as you aren’t a Christian or Jew, that is)!

REGARDING THE CUTTING OF teachers and parapros in Columbia County schools: These teachers and parapros are needed in the classrooms for the students. They do not need all of the secretaries in these schools. Why not cut those jobs and leave the teachers in the classroom where they belong?

A HUGE RAVE to the person who found my flowered wallet in the Bi-Lo parking lot on Aiken-Augusta Highway and had it returned to me. Thank you so much. You are a blessing.

Patty-P
Patty-P 03/28/12 - 05:20 pm
Who said the kids at Paine

Who said the kids at Paine College are getting a free education? People always assume things and are often wrong.

tcowan13
tcowan13 03/28/12 - 05:40 pm
God Bless President Obama,The

God Bless President Obama,The United States And All Our People(Obama Haters And All) 'Nuff Said

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 03/28/12 - 07:16 pm
A RAVE TO THE ACLU: Thank you

Apparently this ranter isn't aware that the ACLU membership is about one-third Jewish. Seems many xians feel persecuted these days if they don't get their way in everything. They're waging a war against anything that is not what they believe. The ACLU fights for the rights of ALL citizens based on logic and reason not superstition.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/28/12 - 07:27 pm
The ACLU reminds me of what I

The ACLU reminds me of what I saw in Aiken last weekend. The Surrey With the Fringe on Top.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 02:47 am
Rest in peace Earl

Rest in peace Earl Scruggs.....

He made the banjo come alive..

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 02:52 am

Do you know there are 10 reasons chocolate is good for you.....see...something good can come from sweet things...heh heh.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 02:57 am
I just can't get excited

I just can't get excited about the r/rs...anymore...they just don't get me going.....neither does the case in Florida..I refuse to get sucked into that ordeal...
Think now folks.....election time is a-coming....just like a womans health-birth control methods.....here we go again with another tactic to sway the voters.....& I gotta give em credit too....it is working again...
& all this time I thought the Reps. were smarter than that...
Don't know who is pulling the shots but he is doing a good job for the Dems......is it David Axelrod...??

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:01 am
How many die every

How many die every day....crime is crime....but for some reason just a few cases make the national news.....could it be because SOME want the national news spotlighting it ??

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:31 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, wb, cg, rm, ch... heck, everybody. Even happy.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:35 am
Seems to me every week there

Seems to me every week there is a rant about high school sports coverage. With a different school every week. They must have the coverage about even then. And if you are that concerned, join the Booster Club.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:40 am
I SEE SO MUCH venom about

Yes we did when Bush was in office. Take back the race card. I can't use the card players term for taking back a card 'cause it would get me banned.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:39 am
A RAVE TO THE ACLU: Thank you

Copied so I could give it a thumbs up.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:41 am
Well hello bushy tail RKill

Well hello bushy tail RKill ....:)

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:43 am
The health care case is going

The health care case is going behind closed doors...hehh

Questions at the court this week showed a strong ideological division between the liberal justices who seem inclined to uphold the law in its entirety and the conservative justices whose skepticism about Congress' power to force people to buy insurance suggests deep trouble for the insurance requirement, and possibly the entire law.

Can we be forced to buy anything.....can we....maybe a car-house-shoes-food-etc.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:45 am
I wish they would force some

I wish they would force some to buy condoms & use the DANG things.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:55 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:55 am
What we need is a law

What we need is a law forbidding stupid people from breeding. But then I wouldn't have my kids.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 03:57 am
They are good aren't they.

They are good aren't they. Especially the banjo player as young as he is.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 03:59 am
9 years old....he must have

9 years old....he must have started at the age of 2...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/29/12 - 04:04 am
Keep 'em straight seenit,

Keep 'em straight seenit, Sean needs all the help he can get. Now it's time for bed. See ya this afternoon.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 04:07 am
RK....I'm getting a little

RK....I'm getting a little worried about GOB.....he is acting strange....he thinks I had Tooo good a time in the CSRA these last days....I told him the people I met & lunched with have the same political viewpoints---same quality of life choices---same desires in most things----& that you were all doctors & lawyers...:):)
Now don't let me down when he meets ya......pick one..Dr or Lawyer & act the part....heheheh lol lol

copperhead
copperhead 03/29/12 - 05:23 am
I have the same sentiment

I have the same sentiment towards hussein as rev.wright has towards the U.S.

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 06:00 am

We have lost a lot of posters in the last year...this is in memory of one of them...trouble..I know you know the one I'm thinking about..:)

seenitB4 03/29/12 - 06:20 am
Another special request

Another special request question....men want to know how do they attract beautiful women into their life....ok guys...

To sum up…
Attraction is different for men than it is for women
While men are attracted mostly by physical traits, women are attracted mostly by PERSONALITY traits.

Women don't decide who to feel attracted to with their logical minds. They “decide” with their emotions and then make up reasons and rationalize it.

Attraction Isn't a Choice!

This is why some men attract women so well, while others don't… and why ANY man can improve his success with women DRAMATICALLY, no matter what his looks, age, or income.

I'd like to share with you a lot more of what it takes to attract a woman - so I've set it up so you can get a no-risk trial copy of my eBook, “Double Your Dating”. You'll learn EXACTLY what it takes to communicate with women so attraction happens fast… and so you're never seen as “just a friend” again.

Remember guys..THAT personality means a lot to the female mind...send me your questions through email & I will try to answer some forya...
gotta go for a spell.....:)

Really_Really
Really_Really 03/29/12 - 06:53 am
"I SEE SO MUCH venom about

"I SEE SO MUCH venom about President Obama. I wonder if he was a white man doing the same thing, would we have any complaints in The Augusta Chronicle."

Yes he would.

copperhead
copperhead 03/29/12 - 07:01 am
I am starting to agree with

I am starting to agree with the new black panthers-we should be allowed to put a bounty,DEAD OR ALIVE, on anyone we don't like.

carol404
carol404 03/29/12 - 07:40 am
I do not know how people can

I do not know how people can keep using the race card with Obama, he is just as much white as he is black!

allhans
allhans 03/29/12 - 07:44 am
copperhead...with the right

copperhead...with the right amount offered, we could clean things up a bit.

allhans
allhans 03/29/12 - 07:47 am
I don't have any stray kids.

I don't have any stray kids. I wish I did sometimes. My neigborhood is old, old, old and most of us old folks don't see too many children. Maybe on special occassions.
So Rant #1, If you see a stray send it over...I love kids, strays or not.

deadline
deadline 03/29/12 - 07:50 am
Seenit: Chocolate

Seenit: Chocolate mmmmm...make sure its Dark Chocolate at minimum 72% Cocoa, the higher, the better. You only have to eat a few squares a day to reap the benefits.

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...