Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

WHY DOES THIS PAPER and network TV think everyone is a basketball fanatic? Why are the major network channels taken up for this silly game, when there are enough cable channels to air these games?

I AM GLAD TO see The Southside Coalition is backing a great man for sheriff. The Southside has been ignored too long. The Downtown Cabal has taken over virtually every part of Augusta’s government and if they get their hand selected yes-man elected sheriff, the Southside will suffer even more. If former Sheriff Charlie Webster is backing Silas, then so am I.

BIG RAVES AND KUDOS to Ms. Sylvia for keeping us posted on the political scene in “City Ink.” And to keep reminding us of the negative facts on any candidate. I can’t believe the brass of someone running for an office when it’s been documented in print how he faked an ID on a comment board in order to post praise to himself (Roundtree). Also, how he carelessly left work files of cases in his old apartment, as well as having caused a problem with staff by fooling around with female officers. I also have to wonder about Mr. Ivey when he noted he had thought about retirement since he’s 65. How many more years can we see of him in a top post, no offense meant? It’s a tough call about Peebles and Silas but Peebles does have about six years more of experience to bring to the top cop job. May the best man win!

SEEMS THERE are a lot more crimes against children these days. Beating them to death, child molestation, abuse, etc. Local news, papers, everywhere. It truly is sad to hear about. What has gone wrong with our country?

A SADLY MISLED ranter believes free market capitalism caused the U.S. to now owe China big money. If we’d HAD free market capitalism, we’d not owe that money. Alas, we’ve not had free market capitalism for a while now, particularly under Obama, who is strictly a Marxist.

HUGE RANT FOR the murder of civilians in Afghanistan ... horrible. That soldier should never see the light of day if he is proved sane. I’m fed up with our Afghan buddies too. Why would we try to save their country only to murder them in their beds? It makes no sense. Let’s get out and take our money with us! UNGRATEFUL FOLKS!

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/26/12 - 10:40 pm
Did anyone else hear three

Did anyone else hear three evenly spaced, methodical gunshots at 1:40pm this afternoon? (Monday 3/26/12) near Martin Road, Augusta, GA (which is off Peach Orchard Road on the Alleluia School side.) and parallels Richards Road.

Trouble
Trouble 03/27/12 - 04:55 am
morning all, flipping the

morning all, flipping the switch and heading to work, everyone have a good day.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/27/12 - 05:07 am
Rant 1. Like you said, there

Rant 1. Like you said, there are plenty of cable channels. Watch one of them. That's what I do. And if there was no coverage in the local paper instead of your rant there would be one asking why not. There are many things that interest many people, you can't please all of them. One other thing you may want to consider, that would be get a life. My girlfriend and I managed to make it through the weekend without a TV. Try it sometime.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/27/12 - 05:08 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, wb, Abby, and the guys who have some common sense. You know who you are.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/27/12 - 05:15 am
Did you spend that time

Did you spend that time fishing RKill??

hahaha.....I'm still here & still having fun....but GOB wants me to git home today..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/27/12 - 05:23 am
Give me clue RK...which guys

Give me clue RK...which guys have common sense??

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/27/12 - 06:11 am
copperhead
copperhead 03/27/12 - 07:20 am
A huge rave to the new black

A huge rave to the new black panthers for putting $1,000,000 bounty for zimmerman's "capture". Also for calling for the killing of more non-blacks. When will the kkk come out with their cry of revenge killings?

copperhead
copperhead 03/27/12 - 07:36 am
A rave to holder for allowing

A rave to holder for allowing the new black panthers to make terroristic threats. These folks know how to dispense justice. They got a pass on voter intimidation,they should get away with calling for the killing of said voters.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/27/12 - 07:41 am
Good Morning America,

Good Morning America, {{Trouble, RK, B4 and Copper}} & }} TSD{{.

#4, "What has gone wrong with our country?"

The fear of using Common Sense without Political Correctness.

I'm been thinking of changing my Avatar to one showing the American Flag, Torn, Beaten and weeping tears.......So sad.

copperhead
copperhead 03/27/12 - 07:56 am
CobaltGeorge,you would be

CobaltGeorge,you would be arrested for desecration of our colors. Maybe you could remove the stars and replace them with your own image.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/27/12 - 08:27 am
OK, I'm Racist! I don't like

OK, I'm Racist!

I don't like the actions of Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, The Black Panthers and especially the King SMCICBHO who supports them to the fullest. You want to call them, "Americans"?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/27/12 - 08:02 am
CU all later, got a Dr's

CU all later, got a Dr's appointment, going to take it before Obamuncare kicks in and I can not longer have that pleasure.

copperhead
copperhead 03/27/12 - 08:05 am
I'm with you CobaltGeorge. If

I'm with you CobaltGeorge. If they now define a racist as anyone that disagrees with someone else of a different race. I reckon that includes me.

fiveobike1
fiveobike1 03/27/12 - 08:32 am
TRAYVON the aggressor!!!

TRAYVON the aggressor!!! come on Jessie, come on Al, get all the facts prior to getting your puppets in an uproar!! sounds like a clear case of self defense....

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 03/27/12 - 09:14 am
The Left's Al and Jessie are

The Left's Al and Jessie are out there protecting Black folks from injustices and racism perpetrated by White folks and that's why neither Sharpton and Jackson have any interest in protecting Black folk from Black folk. Besides, 'white guilt' is more profitable than 'black guilt' for the crusading reverends.......

Since Zimmerman is white, his "right" to be considered 'innocent until proven guilty' does not apply under New Black Panther law, plain and simple.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/27/12 - 09:17 am
Zimmerman is not "White", he

Zimmerman is not "White", he is Hispanic. This is just another lie perpetrated to stir the pot. Minority on minority crime just doesn't sell.

Jane18
Jane18 03/27/12 - 09:53 am
Buuuutttttttt Anotherday,

Buuuutttttttt Anotherday, he's got a Caucasian sounding last name and he is "lighter" skinned than Trayvon, Jesse, Al, and the "new"(old, who can tell the difference)black panthers.You really don't think they care about black on black crime? You're right, I don't think they do either!

happychimer
happychimer 03/27/12 - 10:05 am
Trayvon martin was chased

Trayvon martin was chased down and murdered. Anyone who listens to the 911 calls can hear what happened. Zimmerman was short of breath from running and chasing the boy. It was drizzling rain, so Trayvon put his hood on his head. he was trying to get away from Zimmerman, and Trayvon's cries for help can clearly be heard right before the gunshot. this is a disgrace . Zimmerman also is heard using racial slur about Trayvon. I heard it, and anyone who listens to the tape can hear it, and can hear Trayvon yelling for help. zimmerman should be arrested, and then whatever defense he thinks he has, then let a jury decide. An arrest should have been made that night.

iLove
iLove 03/27/12 - 10:13 am
1. We all know that Zimmerman

1. We all know that Zimmerman is not white....are we that stupid? Who has ever said that he was white?!?
2. You people should be ashamed of your way of thinking.
3. I wonder if this were your child, or friend, or nephew....
4. So thats Zimmerman's voice on the tape?
5. If the case is currently under investigation WHY has this recent information been "leaked" to the public?
6. If the case is currently under investigation WHY has this recent information been "leaked" to the public?
7. If the case is currently under investigation WHY has this recent information been "leaked" to the public?
8. What did Zimmer call Trayvon on the 911 tape? It wasn't a RACIAL SLUR was it?!?
9. Bless your hearts.
10. GET REAL!

iLove
iLove 03/27/12 - 10:16 am
@Copperhead -- "They got a

@Copperhead -- "They got a pass on voter intimidation,they should get away with calling for the killing of said voters."

White folks got away with the mistreatment of non whites for CENTURIES! MANY of the WORLDS PROBLEMS have come @ the hands of white people. Histroy tells this story.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/27/12 - 10:30 am
happy, witnesses say those

happy, witnesses say those cries for help that you hear on the tape are Zimmerman's. This case is not so cut and dried as it first seemed. This is going to be a tough one to sort out from the legal side.

I might add, it is clear that Zimmerman caused this with his pursuing of Martin. I just don't know what the legal ramifications are.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/27/12 - 10:28 am
ilove, are you trying to

ilove, are you trying to justify vile behavior today with past vile behavior?

iLove
iLove 03/27/12 - 10:32 am
Did I say that? I am

Did I say that?

I am repeating history.
Cause and Effect.
The "perfect" storm.

allhans
allhans 03/27/12 - 10:34 am
TNT..Good post.

TNT..Good post.

toldyaso
toldyaso 03/27/12 - 10:47 am
SEEMS THERE are a lot more

Actually-- it's what's gone wrong with us. Our country and what goes on in it are a reflection on US. WE are the country. Let's quit blaming the THING and start taking some personal responsibility.

happychimer
happychimer 03/27/12 - 11:19 am
That was not Zimmerman.

That was not Zimmerman. anyone who listens to the tape can hear Zimmerman. the cries for help was not his voice. even if it were his voice, he was pursuing trayvon, and since when did trayvon's stand your ground rights end? If someone chases me down, i will fight back. that is my right. Zimmerman was chasing Trayvon. zimmerman claimed to have a broken nose, but he was not bleeding, according to witnesses who saw him standing over Trayvon after he murdered him. he did not even bother to see if he could help him. Reports leaked say that Zimmerman did not require anything but a bandaid, so his injuries could have happened before that night. he certainly was not bleeding enough to require stitch. he got a bandaid.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/27/12 - 11:47 am
happy, since you seem to have

happy, since you seem to have so much fisthand info in the Martin/Zimmerman case you should do your civic duty and call the Sanford FL PD. The really need a few more eyewitnesses to close the case. I posted the number yesterday for the benefit of the witnesses.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that no one from the CSRA actually witnessed a thing. Just jumping to conclusions from info the media chose to release. If I am wrong do your civic duty and make the call.

Tots
Tots 03/27/12 - 11:42 am
Good afternoon to

Good afternoon to everybody..

I brought my own red solo cup...Let's party...
Boohoo!!.....Means to cry loudly(verb)..Not picking on anyone.

Nuke supplier agrees to changes after cheating

ATLANTA - A manufacturer making parts for two nuclear plants in the Southeast has promised to better train its employees after investigators accused three workers of cheating on a qualification ...