Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

AH, SPRINGTIME in Augusta, when the roads are yellow even though they are no longer paved with bricks.

AS A SENIOR CITIZEN, I love the size of the paper now. It is so much easier to read and handle. Thank you very much.

I AM AN INDEPENDENT VOTER. Why is it that no one from Obama’s college days will stand up for him, or even acknowledge him? It is hard to believe that all his papers are sealed and the public is not allowed to read them. What is he hiding?

TO ALL THE PEOPLE who are blaming President Obama for the downfall of our nation. The president has no control over how high gas gets and he certainly does not have any control over how many people a company hires or fires. Please place your blame on the correct target, i.e., the oil companies and the owners of large corporations that choose to save money instead of hiring workers.

ROUNDTREE IS NOT the person for sheriff; the church is not the place for politics.

UGA COACH RICHT gets paid $2.81 MILLION to be a football coach. As ridiculous as that is, you’d think for such overpayment, he could maybe bribe the players into obeying the law.

BECAUSE OF LACK OF money, Richmond schools may have to increase class sizes. Look at it this way. If bigger classes mean kids will learn less, and if public schools nowadays are teaching more socialism than true liberty, then by increasing class sizes kids will be subject to less brainwashing. They’ll end up better off.

RANT FOR THE North Augusta Recreation Department Little League. Fathers should not be allowed to coach their children. It’s not fair to their kids or the other kids on the same team.

MY WIFE AND I would like to thank the “low life” that dumped the precious little full-blooded Chihuahua puppy on Russell Street behind Richmond Academy. They say one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. This must be true because now she is our beautiful treasure. By the way, her name is Sophie.

I LOVE WALMART. I hope they can put one on every corner. It brings jobs and puts money back into the economy.

Comments (46)

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 03/24/12 - 09:56 pm

Regarding the last Rant/Rave:

Regarding the last Rant/Rave: "IF AUGUSTA KEEPS selling property to Dr. Azziz, they may as well change Augusta, GA to Azziz, GA." I've been thinking the same thing!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/12 - 01:51 am

Yeh Azziz Ga ....kinda has a

Yeh Azziz Ga ....kinda has a ring to it.....ya know some things do..heheh

School class sizes.....if a kid wants to learn...he can learn anywhere-anytime-anyhow....we find too many reasons to think otherwise....imo..of course some will differ..

We walked to school...ate simple lunches...got a whupping when we needed it...lo & behold most of us turned into decent adults...I say most because yall know who the trouble makers are on here..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/12 - 02:02 am

Funny theeeng about that ole heart...the heart won't lie..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/12 - 02:11 am

Special request for this info.....yes yes.....I do understand

Trouble & I could write a book about this....maybe we will..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/12 - 02:18 am

Ok guys...I will try to

Ok guys...I will try to behave & be really good while in the CSRA......but can't promise though...cause I will be around some good looking & entertaining guys/gals....& I will be a-drinking sumthin----but my daughters will probably put a halt to anything outlandish..heh..they usually do...
Like the time I had a fake tattoo on my breast area they vetoed.....or the time I wanted us all to free in the pool at Destin...well oops...that time they got free too...heheh.....they still talk about that .....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/25/12 - 02:26 am

ok..CGEE.....I'm a

ok..CGEE.....I'm a -coming....crank up that ole truck..git that motor reved up ......git those guns on...ya know whatcha gootta do...:)

BTW...I ended up with black lace.....but I'm still laughing about what LL said....it really didn't matter what color...funny.:)

kissofdeath
kissofdeath 03/25/12 - 03:57 am

"ROUNDTREE IS NOT the person

"ROUNDTREE IS NOT the person for sheriff; I recalled those good ole boys said the same thing about President Obama and look what transpired in November. The under dog always does it big.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/12 - 04:07 am

Whoever said church is not

Whoever said church is not the place for politics doesn't understand Augusta very well.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/25/12 - 07:59 am

TO ALL THE PEOPLE who are

TO ALL THE PEOPLE who are blaming President Bush for the downfall of our nation. The president has no control over how high gas gets and he certainly does not have any control over how many people a company hires or fires.

Unless he uses taxpayer money to buy a company... remember Government Motors.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/25/12 - 07:59 am

Good morning from Mistletoe

Good morning from Mistletoe State Park where the bacon is starting to sizzle and the coffee beginning to percolate.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/25/12 - 08:08 am

Morning Seenit, Trouble said

Morning Seenit, Trouble said if I didn't say that I wouldn't get any lovin' today.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/25/12 - 08:24 am

Darn, RK &Trouble, your only

Darn, RK &Trouble, your only 4 miles from me and you could have camped out at Cobalt Park. Water, Electricity, Refrig, Camp fire, Out house, 21 acre pond, Hundreds of Democat geese to keep you up all night, Beavers, Deer, and me across the pond with binoculars.
Anyway, Good Morning to you both and God Bless America.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/25/12 - 08:24 am

And we all know what a

And we all know what a resounding success the Chevy Volt has been and how much more valuable the dollar is because of all the money borrowed from China and that we had our credit rating increased............ sorry, that was just a dream I had.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/25/12 - 08:32 am

CG, we are on our way :)

CG, we are on our way :)

iLove
iLove 03/25/12 - 08:59 am

'ROUNDTREE IS NOT the person

'ROUNDTREE IS NOT the person for sheriff; the church is not the place for politics"

The church means a lot to Black people....ie. segeration, Civil Rights, the plight of the black person in the history of America.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/25/12 - 08:59 am

"TO ALL THE PEOPLE who are

"TO ALL THE PEOPLE who are blaming President Obama for the downfall of our nation. The president has no control over how high gas gets and he certainly does not have any control over how many people a company hires or fires."

If I can't blame Obama for Obamacare, who do I blame? Obamacare itself is keeping thousands of small businesses and many large businesses from hiring people.

If I can't blame Obama for no new drilling permits on federal lands, who do I blame?

If I can't blame Obama for no Canadian pipeline, who do I blame?

If I can't blame Obama for putting us an additional $6 trillion dollars in debt in 3 years, who do I blame?

If I can't blame Obama for using my money to buy GM and give it to the unions, who do I blame?

If I can't blame Obama for appointing an anti-energy academic to be Secretary of Energy and a blatant racist as Attorney General, who do I blame?

If I can't blame Obama for wasting $billions on a multitude of Solyndra like green energy failures, who do I blame?

No, Ranter #4. You are wrong. I can, and I do, blame Obama and the "pass it so we can find out what's in it" Democrats.

Willow Bailey
20240
Willow Bailey 03/25/12 - 09:19 am

Good Morning River & Seenit,

Good Morning River & Seenit, CG, RK & all.

Sorry, to disagree with you seenit, but the heart does lie. That's why we have a mind...to talk things over with the heart.

Jane18
Jane18 03/25/12 - 09:26 am

Has anyone else noticed that

Has anyone else noticed that the ranter of R&R#4 sounds verrrrryyyyyyy familiar?(A regular commenter and LTE writer?)Hmmm..

upset mania
upset mania 03/25/12 - 09:41 am

I understand Nick Brown of

I understand Nick Brown of the Augusta Green Jackets has been relieved of his duties. In other words he has been terminated as General Manager. Can anyone confirm this information ?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/25/12 - 10:24 am

It's not only the black

It's not only the black churches in Augusta involved in politics. There's a well known connection with the white churches and candidates although it's more subtle.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/25/12 - 11:13 am

dichotomy, you know I always

dichotomy, you know I always support all your true and documented facts comments to the fullest, but this time I believe we should blame the uneducated, so called Americans, socialist minded, wannabees who voted for this al-Qaeda plant, muslin loving, maxist King SMCICBHO. We sure could not be blaming him now if this hadn't happened.

allhans
21928
allhans 03/25/12 - 11:25 am

Rante 4...The answer is

Rante 4...The answer is easy. We are right. You are misinformed.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/25/12 - 11:55 am

allhans, i love the

allhans, i love the simplicity of your answer. Dead on accurate, too!

deadline
deadline 03/25/12 - 01:53 pm

A Rutgers student is found

A Rutgers student is found guilty of indirectly causing his roomates death based on hate, however a guy in Florida chases down an unarmed teen, shoots him dead, and is roaming around free?

happychimer
happychimer 03/25/12 - 02:42 pm

deadline that's right, and

deadline that's right, and the killer is defended by many. It is sad that this country has gone backwards,and that there is so much hate today.

Tots
Tots 03/25/12 - 05:07 pm

Good example of how the news

Good example of how the news media can change the out come of cases was in fact the OJ Simpson case..And just a few years ago the case of the mother who killed her babies right here in Augusta GA..
Kinda like it's going to do for the mother who killed her two year old and twins,all because Oprah Winfrey is giving her all this attention..

KSL
KSL 03/25/12 - 05:10 pm

Uhhhh, what about the witness

Uhhhh, what about the witness who has come forward and is backing up Zimmerman's account?

Tots
Tots 03/25/12 - 05:13 pm

This was on Facebook on

This was on Facebook on March 24th from WRDW-Oprah Winfrey interviews SC mom who killed kids
www.wrdw.com
Talk show host Oprah Winfrey has come to South Carolina for a jailhouse interview with a mother who admitted suffocating her two children..

SO what's your take on this story happy?

Tots
Tots 03/25/12 - 06:01 pm

Yes and i find it down right

Yes and i find it down right funny how his mom has changed his Facebook page so people can't see what he was really like,yet now they have a petition for blind support on there ...

The FBI can go back and see or get what they need,i'll wait for the TRUTH...

Tots
Tots 03/25/12 - 05:22 pm

Good afternoon to

Good afternoon to everybody,may God bless us all.

Judge denies request to delay sales tax vote

A superior court judge denied a request Wednesday from a Richmond County citizen seeking a court order to postpone the May 20 special purpose local option sales tax referendum.