Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

PRESIDENT OBAMA SAYS he can’t do anything about the high gas prices. Remember that when you vote in November. It’s time for change!

WHY CAN’T we have a St. Paddy parade without the other non-Irish people? The Irish are being diluted in their one- day event.

HERE’S A PLAN: Mitt for prez; Rick for VP; and Newt for Sec State.

WHY CLOSE PUBLIC MEETINGS? The only reason seems to be to give cover to politicians. If politicians are acting legally and morally, why should they need cover?

CONGRATULATIONS TO the Laney basketball champs. Now – how is Laney doing academically?

OF COURSE HE WON’T, but Obama should let Israel handle the Iran nuke threat problem.

A PRO-ATHLETE will get $132 million to catch a football. America has gone bonkers! To catch a ball.

A RAVE TO THE company that fixed the patched area on Louisville Road. Much, much better

A RANT TO THE Columbia County BOE for even considering letting go teachers and para-pros. If the higher-ups would trim their salary just a little bit, you wouldn’t be putting men and women out of work and overcrowding the classrooms. Yeah we know how much make...

RAVES TO Congress­man John Barrow for arranging the health fair Thursday. I surely appreciated the chance to see that my blood pressure was way too high and had to be checked on after all from now on. And I had no idea how much the hospitals can do nowadays with senior programs.

With so many unemployed people, surely some of them could work during the night on the construction work?

RAVES TO THE new food writer, Danielle Moores. I don’t know how long she’s been writing it but I finally noticed the second food review now. Keep up the good work! We like the details of the menu and any steps to certain food ceremonies such as how to “inhale” the Pho Bac hot pot. Now can you tell us which are the top three places to serve REAL Chinese foods, please?

copperhead
copperhead 03/22/12 - 07:43 pm
A rant to all the hussein

A rant to all the hussein worshippers for not buying stock in solyndra and helping keep it solvent. Also,how many are buying stock in fuels made from algae? Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to back hussein's energy policies with YOUR money?

copperhead
copperhead 03/22/12 - 08:06 pm
A rant to hussein for giving

A rant to hussein for giving the muslim brotherhood $1.5 billion.

copperhead
copperhead 03/22/12 - 08:24 pm
A rant to hussein for now

A rant to hussein for now blaming china(that we are subsidizing) and congress(for passing the regulations he pushed) for solyndra. Who or what will he blame next?

copperhead
copperhead 03/22/12 - 09:16 pm
A rant for hussein saying

A rant for hussein saying that china subsidizing it's solar energy industry was to blame for the failure of solyndra. They were using our subsidy to subsidize a competing product that made our product unable to compete. Does anyone else find this insane? We BORROW money from china and them subsidize them with the borrowed $???

allhans
allhans 03/23/12 - 02:04 am
We should continue to buy

We should continue to buy solar panels from China and other markets until the demand is such in the US that a private investor will see the benefits of starting manufacturing facility, and as should always be the case, the private sector will create jobs.
. Forcing a product, using government subsidies, is putting the cart before the horse. It should be demand, then supply..not the other way around.

Trouble
Trouble 03/23/12 - 04:17 am
morning all

morning all

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 04:34 am
Hi trouble..... For some

Hi trouble.....
For some reason my heart is just not in this place today.....I guess some naysayers have taken the funny out of me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 04:35 am
ya know...licked the sweet

ya know...licked the sweet off of my lollipop..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 04:48 am
1) We should all be hoping

1) We should all be hoping for change.

2) Then don't drink a corona on Cinco de Mayo either.

3) Here's a better plan. Elect somebody that actually cares about America. Mike, why didn't you run?

4) So they can make screwed up decisions in private.

5) Who cares? Which is part of the problem.

6) Like anybody could stop then if they made the decision to go.

7) Then quit watching/reading about sports and creating gods who get those checks.

8) A rave for roads here? I don't think we are in Augusta any more Toto.

9) Apply for the position with out years of education and take the cut in pay.

10) Yep, forget personal responsibility. The government will make sure I'm healthy.

11) And give up the unemployment check. Surely you jest.

12. Noted... I won't say anything about using "gooky" in a post about Chinese food.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 04:50 am
And Good Mourning Awguster,

And Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, seenit, and the rest. You know who you are.

Trouble
Trouble 03/23/12 - 04:51 am
seenit, you are letting them

seenit, you are letting them win..........

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 04:51 am
Say it ain't so seenit!

Say it ain't so seenit!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 04:53 am
Hi RKill...I'm sorry but this

Hi RKill...I'm sorry but this am I don't know who I am...:)

I feel like a stranger to me......lost..somewhere in space--another world---I feel like we fought a battle on here yesterday....not sure who won......I know Sean won the top prize though!!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 04:54 am
You can not post with people

You can not post with people who don't understand humor...yall know that!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 04:57 am
Today I started loving ya

Today I started loving ya again is playing right now...by the Possum G Jones...you would think I could get HAPPY just listening to him...but I can't.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 05:03 am

anyway.....here are 50 ways to get your happy back

I'm going back to bed......seeya later in day..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 05:03 am
constituent
constituent 03/23/12 - 05:08 am
Mitt Romney and Republicans

Mitt Romney and Republicans in Congress need to halt singing the same tone and step their A game up because any Mormon know the President of United States has no control of price hike in gas at the pump. Oil prices are up because of Wall Street speculation, irresponsible talk of war with Iran, and rising demand for gasoline in countries like China and India. Please writer do your homework. Don't be ignorant and naive by misleading information printed daily by news media and the Elephant Party. I don't care if gas at the pump reach $6.00 a gallon, the president still got my vote in November. Its kind of bizarre and Big Oil companies think we the people are dumb founded, all of sudden gas prices start going up as we get close to the election and our president want to end tax breaks for Big Oil corporations.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 06:00 am
Seems I remember some of

Seems I remember some of these same people blaming Bush for high gas prices. I guess it's still his fault even though he has been out of office over three years. So, the Emperor and the Democratic Senate need to halt singing the same tone (tune).

copperhead
copperhead 03/23/12 - 06:10 am
allhans, why not just borrow

allhans, why not just borrow another trillion dollars from china and then give it back to them as a subsidy? Wouldn't that accomplish what you are suggesting?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/23/12 - 07:37 am
Thanks RK....that did make me

Thanks RK....that did make me smile......but it will probably take a ssweet email from Sean to REALLY get my happy back.....sooo we shall see how happy he wants me to be...:):)

OpenCurtain
OpenCurtain 03/23/12 - 07:49 am
Rant - When will the GA-DOT

Rant - When will the GA-DOT figure out a way to fix the section of Hwy 56 Spur between the Old Flea Market and Gordon Hwy.? It has been over 5 years now hasn't it? What's the story any way?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 03/23/12 - 08:08 am
Good Morning Y'all,

Good Morning Y'all, especially Seenit. It's a beautiful day in Charleston!

David Parker
David Parker 03/23/12 - 08:14 am
WHY CAN’T we have a St. Paddy

_____
What the !?!?

bigclaude
bigclaude 03/23/12 - 08:32 am
Well spoken David

Well spoken David Parker.....my sentiments exactly.

dichotomy
dichotomy 03/23/12 - 08:49 am
"WHY CLOSE PUBLIC

"WHY CLOSE PUBLIC MEETINGS?"

1. Because what they are doing cannot pass the smell test.

2. A public meeting might confuse them with the facts.

3. It's too hard to concentrate on vote swapping, divvying up our tax money between competing downtown factions, and illegal land sales when others are there wanting to talk about police and fire protection, road maintenance, garbage fees, and the deterioration of the southern half of the county.

4. Since they have no concern with what's morally correct, chances are they know what they are doing is illegal.

5. They are so arrogant they believe we have no right to know what they are doing until after they've done it. We are merely the peons that provide the pile of money they play in.

David Parker
David Parker 03/23/12 - 09:06 am
That last one was a rave to

That last one was a rave to the AC food correspondent AND a rant at PhoBac restaurant in Martinez all in one no? Anybody else got any experience eating at PhoBac?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/23/12 - 09:19 am
Did Obama Really Prevent A

Did Obama Really Prevent A Second Great Depression?

"While the economists credit Obama's stimulus for helping end the recession when it did and keeping unemployment lower than it would have been, they concluded that TARP and the Fed's actions were "substantially more effective" at saving the economy from ruin."

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/23/12 - 09:20 am
David, if that is the one

David, if that is the one across from Publix and behind the Circle K, I've heard one person rave about it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/23/12 - 09:35 am
So antherday, are you saying

So antherday, are you saying the economic recovery is Bush's fault? Betcha the Emperor won't blame that on him.

Even though I thought TARP was a bad idea. Guess that's why I am not President.

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs