Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I AGREE WITH the person who complains of people who use the rants/rave section as a chat room. They clog up the section but boast of keeping the section alive. Get real. This section is for comments, not what your daily activities are.

THERE ARE SOME very loud bells that are disturbing the peace. The residents get a big ring every hour on the hour. They are our neighbors; what happened to love thy neighbor? The church refuses to turn them off or down. Several people have moved. Go to the corner of 10th and Telfair to find out yourself. Be there a couple minutes before the hour. Bring ear plugs, too. What’s the definition or law for disturbing the peace? It’s not a loud car radio either.

YES, THANK GOD for the blacks that are here to stay, such as Herman Cain, Allen West, J.T. Watts, Thomas Sowell, Condo­leezza Rice, Walter Williams, Alan Keyes, Michael Steele, Lynn Swann, just to mention a few.

I’D LIKE TO thank the person who turned in my coupon book at the Bi-Lo on Peach Orchard Road on March 9. Thank you so much. You made my day.

I HOPE THE KROGER on 15th Street will not be closed. We all depend on it a lot, and it is always full of customers. It is a very busy, very needed store.

SHAME ON THE PERSON who parked their vehicle blocking a handicap place in front of Kroger on Wrightsboro Road. It had a trailer with a wheelchair behind it, and it took up half of the road. Obviously you didn’t need the wheelchair because it was still on the trailer. It was a hazard.

WHO ARE THE SPONSORS dropping their support of Rush Limbaugh? Rush is telling it like it is.

RCBOE, YOU GAVE US seven furlough days last year. We could barely get the kids to school on time. You’re giving us 13 furlough days this year. Your drivers are right now looking for jobs. You had better hire a bunch of them because we are gone.

“A GOVERNMENT WHICH robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.” – George Bernard Shaw.

FOUR REPUBLICANS ARE lining up to run against Rep. John Barrow in Congress. So far, they all sound sensible; and in fact, anybody at all is better than Barrow. Anybody!

Jake
Jake 03/21/12 - 08:43 pm
As far as rant #2 is

As far as rant #2 is concerned, I was in a little village in France in 2007 visiting a cousin. I stayed upstairs at this old inn above the restaurant and bar. It was Good Friday. The ancient village church that was across the street would ring the bells every hour. Sometimes I would sleep through it and sometimes it woke me up. I loved the sound and did not mind being awakened. There is something special about church bells that has stayed with me ever since I was a kid.

Trouble
Trouble 03/22/12 - 01:37 am
rant 1, we make COMMENTS

rant 1, we make COMMENTS about our daily activity, comments is comments you know.....you dont like them then, dont read them......you might wanna try out the ignore user feature, then you dont have to even skip them, the ac does it for you.......

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:37 am
the rant sez..... rants/rave

the rant sez.....

Why don't YOU come on & post your important news to Augusta.....most will stand back & give it the attention I'm sure it deserves...go for it....
Funny thing about this place....ANYONE can post at anytime....as for as daily activiities...heheh...SM wouldn't even allow THAT!! heh

Trouble
Trouble 03/22/12 - 01:38 am
oh, morning all, rk, hope to

oh, morning all, rk, hope to be seeing you later today, seenit, have a good one, about time for me to go to work.

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:38 am
Gosh trouble..I didn't mean

Gosh trouble..I didn't mean to wake ya....good am

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:42 am
Tough hours you keep t....I

Tough hours you keep t....I had some like that years ago tooo....all night---some til 2am in the morning....had to drive the streets in the am...many nights.

Trouble
Trouble 03/22/12 - 01:39 am
you is up early seenit....or

you is up early seenit....or should i say up late?

Trouble
Trouble 03/22/12 - 01:40 am
seenit, i am up at this time

seenit, i am up at this time every morning, i am getting ready for work.....

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:42 am
Just woke up & wanted

Just woke up & wanted coffee...now I will be WIDE awake!

Trouble
Trouble 03/22/12 - 01:44 am
coffee is good, but wide

coffee is good, but wide awake dont happen for me this early in the morning......to the first ranter.........if you had tried that ignore user function i mentioned above, you would not be going nuts reading these comments.......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 01:45 am
Good Early Mourning to

Good Early Mourning to Trouble and our favorite Atlanta suburbanite

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 01:47 am
Support you local Starbucks

Support you local Starbucks plant... when it is operational.

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:50 am
Hi RKill....I will support

Hi RKill....I will support Starbucks...i love the coffee.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 01:52 am
My daughter brings me a cup

My daughter brings me a cup every time I get home. Perk of working there.

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:54 am
trouble...we are like a flame

trouble...we are like a flame to these moths....they can't help the fascination they have with our words....they want to pull away but are unable...I sooo understand the misery though.......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 01:58 am
It ain't that hard to

It ain't that hard to leave...... so why am I here at 2 in the morning?

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 01:58 am
There are some posters I

There are some posters I would like to ignore....but then they get Funny--cute--entertaining.....with good home town stories....& make ya laugh & stuff.....just pulling ya back into the web again....getting that sticky webby gook all over ya fingers & body....you try to get out but NOOO...it is sticky.....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 01:59 am
Now y'all got me wanting

Now y'all got me wanting Starbucks... and I am in this truck.... it won't fit in the drive through

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/22/12 - 02:03 am
Nytol. Gotta get some sleep

Nytol. Gotta get some sleep so I can drive my shift, which should carry us back to he house for a visit.

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 02:36 am
system tble right now...ugh

system tble right now...ugh

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 02:49 am
Yesterday I made GOB verry

Yesterday I made GOB verry happy....I laughed so much at his jokes I was crying....he said that was a great birthday present....
you are welcome baby!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/22/12 - 05:09 am
Roger Goodell should be

Roger Goodell should be Secretary of Defense. He doesn't play.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/22/12 - 06:08 am
Good Morning Trouble, Seenit,

Good Morning Trouble, Seenit, RK and Riverman! Why in the world do people complain about such a silly thing? If you don't like the chit-chat, skip over it. If you have something to comment about in the R&R's, contribute your thoughts. It's simple.

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/22/12 - 06:09 am
OOps there Jake, didn't see

OOps there Jake, didn't see ya. Top of the morning to you too! As for church bells ringing, I think it's the most beautiful sound. Something very soothing about them.

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 06:41 am

Who let the dogs out...did you do it icl???...hehehhah

Just for you happy...look at the dogs laughing & smiling!

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 06:50 am
One day SM will let me put my

One day SM will let me put my daily activities on here...heheh...too funny...I promise to leave out the parts that might make SM nervous....the spots that would make him choke his coffee all over his computer...heh
I'm sure GOB would appreciate it if I kinda skipped over his parts too:)

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 06:57 am
Well anyway ....I have some

Well anyway ....I have some shopping today...think I might get a sexy night gown ..maybe black ...also some other delicate items ...for some reason I want to splurge a little bit today......just going to my younguns place ....but ya never know ...just like our mama always said....You have to have clean undies on cause ya just might be in an accident.......what kind of accident though??
yeh-yeh-yeh...:)
now is that personal enough ferya?

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 07:01 am
seenitB4 03/22/12 - 07:11 am

i want a parrot....gob sez noway...I want a young healthy bird....
Trouble....look at this & give me your opinion on the right kind of bird.....I don't want one that will talk ugly words & stuff though....or cuss & tell bad jokes...if I had one like that I would put it in RKills truck ..HEH
then RK wold have to drive around with him in the truck allday...:):)

seenitB4 03/22/12 - 07:12 am
Try to get your thumpers in

Try to get your thumpers in early..groupies...:):)

seeya

Vogtle workers see both reactor projects

Some veterans of the nuclear industry were at the site south of Augusta to see the complex network of rebar and concrete rising out of the ground in the 1970s and ’80s. Now, they are back.