Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

CONGRATULATIONS, Laney Wildcats! I am a ’64 graduate. Girls, you will get yours, too.

WHAT COMES AROUND GOES AROUND. MCG can’t be upset about the Walmart secret meeting because the Board of Regents had secret meetings about the ASU/MCG merger.

A RANT FOR THE person who is reading my paper that I paid for this morning. I am glad that you decided that the paper in my front yard was yours for the taking. You are mighty brave! I will make sure in the future that when I notice my paper in the yard that I get it so that you will have to find someone else’s.

LAW STUDENT SANDRA FLUKE claims she has a right to taxpayer contraception costing up to $3,000 a year. Since it can cost as little as $9 per month, can using $3,000 worth leave her any time for law school?

A HUGE RAVE TO the staff of St. John Towers. What a wonderful pageant you put on for the residents. The nine ladies had a great time, and the event was very enjoyable for the residents and their families.

A RANTER THINKS Southern Baptists can “boost the convention’s corporate image” by changing its name. Christian churches exist to spread Jesus’ Gospel, not to be “corporate images.”

TO THE DRIVER or parents of the driver whose speeding BMW went out of control in Chimney Hill on March 12 at approximately 9:30 a.m., hit and went over a curb, damaged a Comcast box, slogged through a lawn and obviously damaged the car (you left broken parts and pieces), come forward now before you are found (didn’t you see the Columbia County radar device with the camera)? To automobile collision companies, car dealerships, insurance companies, etc., notify Columbia County Sheriff’s Office if you know the owner or driver. Your children could have been on that lawn.

IF YOU DIDN’T LIKE Jimmy Carter, you were known as a Republican. If you didn’t like Bill Clinton, you were known as a conservative. If you don’t like Barrak Obama, you are known as a racist.

WHAT A JOY TO see the Lucy C. Laney High School boy’s basketball team on the front page of Sunday’s Augusta Chronicle. Congrats to this team on a well-deserved honor. Go Wildcats!

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 01:32 am
We all have a job to

We all have a job to do...some just do it better than others....

Trouble
Trouble 03/18/12 - 05:20 am
ok, i know i am a bit late,

ok, i know i am a bit late, but i dont work today, flipping the switch....

Morning all, RK, seenit, RM, and the rest

copperhead
copperhead 03/18/12 - 05:28 am
If one listens to the

If one listens to the liberals,there is ONE AND ONLY ONE reason to disagree with hussein-RACISM. His wisdom and leadership are second to none. He has saved the U.S. and the world from ourselves. So what if he is "betting"(and losing) taxpayer money! So what if his energy policies have doubled(and rising)gas prices. So what if his foreign policies have failed. So what if he has not kept any promises made while being elected. These are not reasons to disagree with him-the ONLY reason to disagree is because he is half black. This will be the spin until election time. Re-read cloward-piven/obama and see what you think about it now. Remember,once the train goes over the cliff,the brakes don't work.

Trouble
Trouble 03/18/12 - 05:50 am
this is to all of those out

this is to all of those out there who soooo love that thumbs down button....

justthefacts
20365
justthefacts 03/18/12 - 06:36 am
A rant for ranter #8 who

A rant for ranter #8 who can't spell the President's name after almost 4 years. A rave for the sentiment of the rant, however, it is shared by many.

Techfan
Techfan 03/18/12 - 06:39 am
#4: It helps to be informed.

#4: It helps to be informed. 1. Fluke was planning on speaking for a friend, not herself. 2. Darrell Issa (R) has a tendency to not allow anyone to speak who disagrees with his predetermined outcome of the hearing (going so far as to shut down his own witnesses when they start to tell the truth). 3. Fluke wanted to speak about insurance covering contraception, not the taxpayer.

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 06:39 am
Ya know trouble THAT was a

Ya know trouble THAT was a perfect video...:)

I feel kike I was hit with a few shots last night....maybe gob ravished me & I wasn't present for the drawing......dunno...for sure...

GOOD AM CRA & all the golfers in town...ya just hoping & praying you will be the next chamipion...!

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 06:46 am
I wonder why I put CRA

I wonder why I put CRA instead of CSRA...could that be a slip of the brain..maybe..could it mean "sumthin"....what though...Central River area---Control Rats Augusta--Crazy Rotten Argument...I will & shall mull that over.

Trouble
Trouble 03/18/12 - 06:48 am
morning seenit, i thought it

morning seenit, i thought it to be appropriate

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 06:50 am
I want the thumpers to

I want the thumpers to understand my 1st post of today...please

You will have to dig deep to get it----some will never get it & it doesn't matter how deep they try to dig----doesn't matter how hard they try-----the men will probably get it B4 the women...mainly because they have more time to mull & think....women are busy w/life & kids...

justthefacts
20365
justthefacts 03/18/12 - 06:55 am
What's a "thumper"?

What's a "thumper"?

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 06:57 am
You are NOT a thumper

You are NOT a thumper jtf....it is the little teeeny tiny minds pushing the down thumb on here..

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 06:59 am
And you are NOT the father of

And you are NOT the father of the baby either...hahah...like on Maury...
:) just a little funnie!---pls forgive me

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 07:03 am
Speaking of mulling... mull 2

Speaking of mulling...

mull 2 (ml)
v. mulled, mull·ing, mulls
v.tr.
To go over extensively in the mind; ponder.
v.intr.
To ruminate; ponder: mull over a plan.

I have found in my lifetime that men mull more than women.....they mull over a job---a football game---a woman they want---any & all things of interest to them, they usually map out a plan......why is it females don't mull like that......what do they know that we don't???......My job for Monday will be to investigate that.....& get to the bottom of mulling!!

justthefacts
20365
justthefacts 03/18/12 - 07:05 am
OK, good to know.......about

OK, good to know.......about the baby. I'm mulling over that comment.

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 07:06 am
BTW JTF....I'm glad you are

BTW JTF....I'm glad you are back among us...missed seeing ya....maybe some others will reconsider & come back home!

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 07:07 am
Hahah...Don't mull too long

Hahah...Don't mull too long or YOU could become the father ..lollol

justthefacts
20365
justthefacts 03/18/12 - 07:36 am
Thanks.

Thanks.

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 07:55 am
JTF ..You might like

JTF ..You might like this...Why Men Love Golf...(they just can't help it)

The ideal is a vista from high ground overlooking open, rolling grassland dotted with low-branched trees and a body of water. It would have been a familiar and presumably pleasant view for ancient hunters: an open savanna where prey could be spotted as they grazed; a water hole to attract animals; trees offering safe hiding places for hunters.

The descendants of those hunters seem to have inherited their fascination with hitting targets, because today's men excel at tests asking them to predict the flights of projectiles. They also seem to get a special pleasure from watching such flights, both in video games and real life. No matter how many times male pilots have seen a plane land, they'll watch another one just for the satisfaction of seeing the trajectory meet the ground.

That's the only plausible excuse for watching golf. Men, besides having a primal affection for the vistas of fairways, get so much joy watching that little ball fly toward the green that they'll sit through everything else. One sight of a putt dropping in the hole makes up for long moments watching pudgy guys agonize over which club to use.

I realize, of course, that this is conjecture. But it could be tested if some enterprising anthropologist showed a video of the P.G.A. championship to the men and women in one of the remaining hunter-gatherer societies. I predict that only the men would take the day off to watch.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/12 - 08:05 am
SeenIt, I know why you said

SeenIt, I know why you said CRA instead of CSRA.....You are still getting over the green Mint Juleps.

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 08:28 am
Scarlett did have some Juleps

Scarlett did have some Juleps last night RM.....
but have no fear ...all my brain cells are clicking right now....sooo you can hit me with your best shot any ole time ya pls....I can match you in ANYTHING!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/12 - 08:35 am
SeenIt, you CANNOT match me

SeenIt, you CANNOT match me in ticking off the status quo folks around here including the Chronicle. You take prisoners, I don't.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/12 - 08:38 am
I wish I could do my Rhett

I wish I could do my Rhett Butler personally most admired line more often. Nope, not the one you're thinking, but the one that came just after.

"I'm going back to Charleston."

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 08:41 am
about this!!!! "I'm going

about this!!!!

"I'm going back to Charleston."

Makes me think of this...
Frankly my dear I don't give a dim.....:):)--kidding rm

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 08:42 am
It is WHAT I do with the

It is WHAT I do with the prisoners while I have them....I change them to warm & cuddly....something you will never learn....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/12 - 08:46 am
Oh, I can just see SeenIt

Oh, I can just see SeenIt working over the prisoners.

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 08:50 am
You know what RM....I need to

You know what RM....I need to write a book....like GWTW.....1 book will probably do it for me....I would use you & shrimp as characters of course......might even call it Going Back To Charleston....

Natrally I would use some truth & fiction ...just like the greats do...even M Mitchell did that...she married men just like Rhett & milktoast....
But milktoast actually made her the great writer she became....amazing sometimes isn't it......how your partner in life wants you to accomplish greatness & never thinking of himself.....REALLY!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/18/12 - 09:04 am
Mitchell had a very wild side

Mitchell had a very wild side to her. I like bio's about her. Funny woman.

JRC2024
JRC2024 03/18/12 - 09:33 am
Seenit-I am sitting here

Seenit-I am sitting here mulling do I want another cup of coffee or go to the waffel house for some breakfast. Might mull to lunch time and then go to The Cracker Barrell. What should I do?

seenitB4 03/18/12 - 09:35 am

something to be said for the wild side of life....

Geez....I need a break from all of this "sweet talk"....hope yall have a great day on here......the weather is veeery nice here...makes me wanna get wild & wicked......where are ya trouble.....partner in crime???