Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS A RAVE for our sanitation men who empty our trash and recyclables on a regular basis, leaving nothing behind. They are very courteous and do a fine job for which we are grateful.

WHERE DID THE notion of not having free contraception become a woman’s health issue? What a lot of baloney. Also, employers fund the “free” contraception by having to pay higher insurance premiums, which will be a further “tax” on their business. Where is this going to stop?

WHAT’S ALL THE fuss about handing over the $300,000 that was already put aside for the upkeep of The Patch? The lad was only to pay for running the course, not to put all sorts of money into it at that low rate he’s charging to run it. Give it on to him and stop the fuss. The free plays for some of those folks are long over, and there’s no going back. The new nice rates for everybody will stay, plus the better run will stay.

CONGRATULATIONS to the new Boshears Terminal. Well-named.

I HOPE CLEAR CHANNEL’S petition wins and they kick out that disgusting Rush Limbaugh. He and too many like him pollute our airwaves and even our newspapers with the name-calling and phony accusations.

A HUGE RANT FOR Georgia voters in their support for Newt. One more reason Georgia will never become a great and prosperous state.

RUSH LIMBAUGH was out of line in using the remark he did in reference to Ms. Fluke. Limbaugh regrets this remark and has apologized to Ms. Fluke concerning his actions. The Obama supporters are in absolute glory bashing Limbaugh. Why? Because Limbaugh is a conservative. Had anyone from the liberal left made such a derogative remark, the matter would have had very little coverage or none at all.

LOTTERY SALES WOULD increase tenfold if the winning ticket paid off three winners instead of only one. Three of the same number could be printed with an A, a B and a C on each so there would be three that win.

IT’S OK TO KILL a child in its mother’s womb, but there is something wrong with a mother breast-feeding her child in public? Once again you so-called humans are killing me. I can’t wait until God comes here and straightens this mess up for all of us.

Jake
Jake 03/14/12 - 08:41 pm
Rant #6 - Georgia has been

Rant #6 - Georgia has been listed as the #1 state for "suckers" when it comes to the lottery. What makes you think their choice of elected officials would be any different?

twolane
twolane 03/14/12 - 11:14 pm
first off ed shultz has said

first off ed shultz has said the same and Bill Maher says ten times worse than limbaugh NUMEROUS TIMES....and limbaugh just states facts about budgets and government policies...listen instead to him instead of just having knee jerk reactions make your OWN EDUCATED assesment of him instead of jumping on the bandwagon without ever hearing what he says

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:15 am
Sanitation does a great

Sanitation does a great job..yep...why not give them their own month to celebrate....they deserve it..

Free contraception in health care....why is that sooo bad....yes--ya not thinking here...you will pay on either end..why not give it to prevent instead of fussing about what comes after..
Give the Patch the $$$ & stop beeching...
Boshear Terminal rave..yeh sounds ok to me....btw folks I took some flying lessons there years back...who wants to go flying with me?? hehheh
Ole big mouth Rush...I just don't like what he said about females ...sometimes I wonder about him...w/o the $$ I just can't see women rushing to be with him..
Ga won't prosper & be a great state...Who ya think ya talking to?? we rednecks like Georgia...ya know the saying Delta's ready when you are...

Dems. like what Rush said....yeh--they know a goldmine when they see one...that pony will ride til elections..
Leave our dadburn lottery alone...we wants a thrill anyway we can get it!!
Come & clean up this mess here....maybe 1 day....that will happen....some still won't be happy...they will say he came on the wrong day--wrong hour--didn't give warning--on/on..
Hi CSRA......I've been thinking about ya....last night I dreamed I was flying over the CSRA....looking for yall.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:17 am
Who sez I can't stick with

Who sez I can't stick with the r/rs...hahha

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:23 am
Do ya ever dream about

Do ya ever dream about flying...this might interest you.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:28 am
Duluth Ga has anti-tobacco

Duluth Ga has anti-tobacco act that stirs ire....city outlaws SMOKING-DIPPING-& CHEWING from all parks..

Gwinnett county libraries will now sell ads on bookmarks....they say this is a million dollar idea...hey...can't we walk around with ads on our bodies....cars...trucks..heh

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:44 am
I miss Conway Twitty---Lewis

I miss Conway Twitty---Lewis Grizzard--Elvis....& Rick Perry...sigh

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:49 am

What real taters tots look like..heheh...only the jokers will get it!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 04:53 am
To all the guys on my email

To all the guys on my email list----yeh all 500 of ya!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 05:07 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 05:49 am
Hey SeenIt, yeah, Lewis is

Hey SeenIt, yeah, Lewis is missed. Conway by Lorretta, I imagine.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 03/15/12 - 05:49 am
Rush is full of hot air and I

Rush is full of hot air and I choose not to listen to him. I have never liked him because of the hatred and disrespect he spouts out. He is not a conservative- he is a shock jock who claims to be a conservative. Personally, I don't know who advertises during his show since I don't listen- but if I knew of a company who's products I use sponsored him, I'd stop using their products. Our country needs the type law the UK has... if you spout out hatred then you are not wanted (no I don't know the wording of the law but there's one there)- that same law kept the cult leader Fred Phelps (calls himself a Reverend) and his clan of thugs out of the UK. As for the money for "The Patch"... what was in the contract?? We already know that the city's legal advisers get their diplomas from a mail order catalog and don't really know the law, but if that money was in the budget to fix up the patch as an option before having someone else come in and take it over and that money wasn't in their contract then the heck with them. Use it for something useful besides the patch- perhaps hire more police officers or pay to raze some of these crack houses throughout Augusta.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 05:59 am
Good am RM....yep I wonder

Good am RM....yep I wonder what comic could actually take Grizzards place...we do have some funny folks on here.......but could they deliver every week........some are stifled on here just like I am....i keep telling SM about the gag order he placed on me....but he sez he needs his job.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 06:07 am
Lewis was just so regular. He

Lewis was just so regular. He would get drunk for a few days and write about God knows what or where he would end up and have us laughing forever. The Best Beer Joint in Georgia was his award that made me want to drive to Ludowici and drink a can of Bud. So many funny things.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 06:14 am
Yep...Grizzard & Foxworthy

Yep...Grizzard & Foxworthy are in a class all of their own......they are just funnie ........Jeff got in trouble on jobs with his funnies....probably got him fired a time or two...but who's laughing now...

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/15/12 - 06:24 am
i gotta go....so much to do

i gotta go....so much to do so little time..

River i hope you like this beautiful song by Percy Sledge....1 of my favs.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 06:28 am
Yeah, those early jobs we

Yeah, those early jobs we were all stuck in. My first job, at 15, was at a drug store for "minimum wage and all I could steal." That's exactly what the owner, a pharmacist told me. A realist.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 06:30 am
About Percy Sledge, we have a

About Percy Sledge, we have a housekeeper lady where I work who says all Percy would have to do to her would be talk....and she would need a cigarette. He has a classic voice.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/15/12 - 06:43 am
Percy Sledge and Kitten's

Percy Sledge and Kitten's Corner-do you remember that River?

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 03/15/12 - 06:44 am
Road Trip! 31 March 2012

Road Trip! 31 March 2012 Ft. Bragg - Support the troups!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 06:56 am
Hey, JusttheFacts, not

Hey, JusttheFacts, not really. Although I know about Kitten's Corner, I grew up in SC and didn't get into Augusta that much. Aiken, Branchville and Charleston were my hangouts. I bet that would be something to see Percy in a small club.

I saw Jerry Lee Lewis perform for a very tiny, quiet crowd at the beach and drank a beer with him when he took a break. I really think I was one of the few who understood his genius at the time. Now we all know.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/15/12 - 07:05 am
Yes, Percy performed there a

Yes, Percy performed there a few times. Unfortunately, he always appeared to be stoned. There was a club down the road a bit called Leonard's Louge (had a rotating bar). Saw Kenny Rodgers there. He played for a week in front of 25/30 people. Then he hit it big again.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 07:06 am
This talk of meeting celebs

This talk of meeting celebs has me thinking and some may find this interesting. One thing I'll never do is ask for an autograph or pic like most groupies do. I want to draw the person out to respond to me like a regular guy. You know someone kind of like him in an equal situation with him wherever that may be.

I will initiate the conversation and try to make it about something I know will get him/her to see I'm like him and not a groupie.

Yeah, that was a great talk and beer with Jerry Lee. Better memories than an autograph would be.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/15/12 - 07:11 am
I know what you mean. While I

I know what you mean. While I have a few autographs, I don't seek them anymore. Sat in a bar in Boston with Arnold Palmer drinking and shooting the breeze one night. Never asked him. Of course I had a couple already.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 07:15 am
JTF, yep, that's it. Now you

JTF, yep, that's it. Now you have fantastic memories. Great story.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/15/12 - 07:26 am
Arnold Palmer is pretty hard

Arnold Palmer is pretty hard to top, but I have an unusual one. I met Muhammad Ali and got him into a little talk in Charleston. He was there to testify at a trial for a youth boxing coach and promoter that I knew, too. Ali was a character witness and hung around outside the courthouse before going in when I met him. It didn't take long for him to draw a crowd though.

justthefacts
justthefacts 03/15/12 - 07:42 am
"The Greatest". Saw him at

"The Greatest". Saw him at Emory one day when he was getting treatment. Just shook his hand and told him how much I enjoyed his career. He was in bad shape.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 03/15/12 - 08:09 am
Met The Stones at the

Met The Stones at the Anchorage AK airport; Mick Jagger was there being interviewed by some flack and simply got bored and walked away. I was in uniform; he came over and asked if I had been in Vietnam? I told him I had had, and braced for the usual. Instead, he said, the war sucks, but it's a damned shame the way everyone blamed the poor squadies (GI's) for it. Been a Stones' fan ever since.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/15/12 - 08:36 am
Ed Schultz and too many like

Ed Schultz and too many like him pollute our airwaves and even our newspapers with the name-calling and phony accusations.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 03/15/12 - 08:39 am
Good Morning Everyone. Where

Good Morning Everyone. Where is WNC? I have a gardening highlight to share with her....There are four bunches of.....bananas in my garden.
I was thinking Fla winter when the ferns didn't freeze, but bananas!
Think it's too early to plant tomatoes?

Kettle donations rise in 2014