Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MY MECHANIC WANTS to thank you (and possibly the county) for knocking my steering out of alignment each and every day as I pass over those railroad tracks on River Watch Parkway. You really help stimulate the economy.

FORT GORDON’S barracks don’t need redesigning, especially when government and taxpayers are flat broke.

I WOULD LIKE TO thank the female customer in the drive-through of Chick-Fil-A on the morning of March 9 for the gift card. As a deputy for the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, we seldom feel appreciated for the job that we do. Because of your thoughtfulness and kindness, I was able to purchase breakfast for two other members of my law enforcement family, and they expressed their gratitude, too. It’s people like you who make our job worthwhile, and I regret that I wasn’t able to personally thank you.

THE GOLF COURSE is not privately owned. It is a city-owned golf course. The management right now is private, but improvements would be for the benefit of the city and its taxpayers. Those taxpayers voted for the money to fix the golf course several years ago.

A RANT TO Evans High School. We attended a soccer game. There was no flag on the flag pole, no national anthem was played and there was no introduction of the players before the game. There was a baseball game being played at the same time. I guess soccer is second fiddle to baseball even though it is the No. 1 sport in the world.

IT SEEMS DR. RICARDO Azziz is not too pleased over the Wal-mart property issue and especially not being able to get his way. I guess Wal-mart was not quite what Azziz had in mind as part of the great vision of GHSU.

A RANT FOR ANYONE who is going to be voting for Obama. If he is re-elected, expect $8 per gallon gasoline and we will be in worse shape than Greece or anybody else.

PRESIDENT OBAMA does not plan to do anything concerning the high price of gas. Instead, he wants Congress to approve $1 billion in grants for fuel-efficiency technology. This is another one of Obama’s so-called bright … schemes.

TO THE HOMEOWNER on Knob Hill Circle with the dogs that are left out 24/7. Your neighbors all around you have to listen to them barking all day while you are at work and then into the night while you are at home.

Comments (47)

Magpie
Magpie 03/13/12 - 08:11 pm

#1 You gotta know how to hit

#1 You gotta know how to hit them just right.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/13/12 - 09:47 pm

#5, get use to it, the

#5, get use to it, the handwriting is on the wall. The future is here.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/13/12 - 09:51 pm

#7 & 8, Only the very

#7 & 8, Only the very intelligent one's that walk among us, agree with those actions.

fftaz71
fftaz71 03/14/12 - 01:24 am

#2...the barracks do need to

#2...the barracks do need to be renovated. Would YOU live in a mold infested house? I dont think so. Many of the buildings on Fort Gordon reek of mold. My guess is youve never been in one. Our service men and women deserve decent housing that is not going to be a risk to their health. THEY are not the problem with the budget...stop trying to balance the budget on the backs of the military. Why is it you arent complaining about Congress working an average of 180 days and getting 174k? Maybe THEY should start giving up pay when the government is going to shut down because THEY cant get THEIR act together. Any servicemember who performed the way our Congress does would be promptly discharged..most likely not honorably either. Its time we get rid of the dead wood....its NOT our military.
To those who serve... THANK YOU.

fftaz71
fftaz71 03/14/12 - 01:25 am

Isnt Knob Hill the same HOA

Isnt Knob Hill the same HOA that pretty much kicked out a disabled vet not too long ago b/c his home didnt conform? I bet HIS dogs wouldnt be outside barking all night disturbing the neighbors. Wheres your HOA now?

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/14/12 - 03:34 am

Morning ya'll !!! To the

Morning ya'll !!!
To the ranter yesterday about fixing the jet stream. Please tell me that person was joking. No one could be that stupid.
Oh and the ranter who doesn't like our little chat room here. Sean said it was OK and he's the boss! You can't do it on other stories but the R and R postings are fair game. It's kind of like where all the posters can get together and say hey. You should try it sometime ranter. We'd love to have you.

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:16 am

Have ya ever been searching

Have ya ever been searching for sumthin & you thought it was right at your fingertips but heck it took off & said BEGG ME AGAIN...heheh...try looking in other places....hey...I'm not talking about luv...I'm talking about a song I can't find yet!!!
I'm still "searchin".....& I will get it ......believe it or not..:)

Good am shrimp---others etc. & all humans on the earth....now that covers ebbybody. :)

A special good am to our leader SM...I don't care what they say about ya...I know ya have good points!

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:26 am

BTW...The crossover vote is

BTW...The crossover vote is KILLING the REP party...stick a fork in it if Santorum wins again.
IMHO

anyway...ya can go out & do this....

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:32 am

Ain't love great....& this man made this song great!

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:39 am

Question...Why do clickers

Question...Why do clickers click (thumbsdowners)

Some are so unhappy in their own life that it pains them to see others having ANY kind of fun....even when you wish good luck to a friend in the hospital.....crazy world isn't it...
These folks find a morbid satisfaction in dissing others....instead of looking for some type of "happy feeling" they look to destroy....guess what..
IT AIN'T WORKING!!!......Ya just can't kill HAPPY!

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:43 am

Because I'm a decent

Because I'm a decent person...I'm going to give you some happy...
haha

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 05:51 am

Well I used to be decent til

Well I used to be decent til I ran into some characters on here....now i drink---hang around bars just looking for trouble......usually she is on here or at work though....I wish she could retire so we could both just hang...
There Might be a few guys on here "hanging" with us.....they drink too...some drink Crown Royale..heheh..(some hang out at post ofc)
Some drive a BIG rig all over....some fish a lot..really good at it too..on here & in the real water too.....
Some just want to BOSS....tell ya what to do....what ya can't do....what ya can post....& I'm getting tired of it..heheheh (not really)

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 06:17 am

Another theeeeng...if my

Another theeeeng...if my posts pain you...please just do this...

heh-heh

hit that skip button-----cause i love country .

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 06:31 am
seenitB4 03/14/12 - 06:40 am

Into a day break miraculously

Into a day break miraculously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts my ancestors gave.
I am the hope and the dream of the slave.
And so I rise
I rise
I rise.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Why is that??? Maybe we need to waste it sometimes.....much tooo serious on here.......we need to give the ole mind a rest at times...let it play...relax....& enjoy life.....thinking is hard work ya know!

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 06:48 am

For those counting my posts

For those counting my posts ..this makes #10....I don't usually post all day cause I do have a life....so if ya count others you will probably see I'm not the #1 in posting....not complaining though cause they are very good posters & I try to read most of their posts...
Heh...some I really comb through...looking for meaning...jokes....codes...& if you were a player on these boards YOU would understand that....but ya gotta play the game & stand up to the PRESSURE they place on your mind......I do understand that "some" can't take that pressure...heh..it makes my mind go bat crazy at times....heh

Ya just gotta luv it!!!

ForeverFrog
ForeverFrog 03/14/12 - 07:01 am

Thumbs up to the Richmond

Thumbs up to the Richmond County Sheriff Officers. Too bad they don't get paid enough for what they do for us!!!

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 07:08 am
Riverman1
Riverman1 03/14/12 - 07:09 am

SeenIt, I believe if we

SeenIt, I believe if we compiled all our comments we could have a neat book. You are worried about these little thumb tack characters too much. Tell them to stick it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/14/12 - 07:10 am

Okay, SeenIt, I increased all

Okay, SeenIt, I increased all your thumbs by one. Feel better now?

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 07:13 am

Heh...I increased yours

Heh...I increased yours downside too ..just to make ya happy...

But tell them to stick it where...SM won't let me put that on here....I'm just his puppet ....he pulls the strings...
:):):)
GGOD AM RM!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/14/12 - 07:18 am

SeenIt, quit fantasizing

SeenIt, quit fantasizing about those thumbtacks sticking you somewhere and focus on the crime and corruption as we fight for justice in the neverending Amercian way. Didn't Superman say something like that?

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/14/12 - 07:19 am

Is the editorial worth

Is the editorial worth commenting on today? Shows what I read first. Heh.

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 07:25 am

Well here goes ...serious

Well here goes ...serious stuff

Santorum gets southern win.....hey-don't get too excited cause he can't win the BIG one..
Higher sea levels may swamp US cities..experts say this
A John wilkes Booth doll..like a bobblehead---aint that special

Afghans want a public trial for killer---dont look good ..does it
Fed upbeat -but cautious......havent we heard this B4??
Senators gut anti=diversion bill ---heck..dont they gut EVERYTHING..

AJC headlines folks.....that's all for now!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/14/12 - 07:55 am

I know what you mean Seenit.

I know what you mean Seenit. I could say rainbows and kittens and someone would give me thumbs down.
I'm glad those kinds of things don't bug me. I never have cared what other people think of me...except girls that is...when I was a teenager.

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 08:01 am

OOh tell the truth

OOh tell the truth shrimp...you care what girls say now too....I can tell that in your book....which I'm still reading btw......
I'll try to say just sweet theeengs to ya shrimp.....because you are sweet. :)

seenitB4 03/14/12 - 08:11 am

And if Bonkk would come back

And if Bonkk would come back around...I would really say some nice things to him because "unlike others" bonkk sees me as I really am...respects me.....notices my good points....likes my posts..etc.

I luvs ya back bonkk..:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/14/12 - 08:16 am

Thanks Seenit. I really have

Thanks Seenit. I really have been sleeping with the dog. (Not the wife) she sleeps on the other side of the dog. (not me) We keep him deflead and he gets his regular spa treatments. Dang thing gets treated better that I do.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 03/14/12 - 08:27 am

I'd like to say that I've

I'd like to say that I've been on the island of Ohau working on my book but it was actually the island of Folly. Two glorious weeks without the kids. (they were at their grandparents on weekends) My wife could only come on weekends because of her educator status. Which left me in the 2 bedroom beach house with my fridge stuffed with seafood and I stayed up most nights writing. A swim in the frigid Atlantic in the morning got me in the mood for my nap. I did manage to give about 20 hour long tours of Charleston by way of horse and carriage. I think I'll post a picture of me in all my glory!