Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

GOOD LUCK, ranter, with your planned move to the Colum­bia County school system. Teachers aren’t defended there, either. Some are forced to resign, while others are asked to keep quiet about behavioral situations.

SUPER RAVE TO Rick McKee for the cartoon illustration on the front of the Opinion section on March 4. This cartoon was great and one of your best. I think I’ll tape this on my fridge.

INSTEAD OF STOPPING hurricanes, the government needs to figure out how to stop tornadoes. Messing with the jet stream is what caused all this mess. Put the jet stream back where it belongs.

THAT NEW MAGNET school in Richmond County is great news. It’s the kind of school we all had in North Carolina back in the 1960s. We were taught typing, cooking, accounting, personal finance and sewing. The boys got auto shop, woodworking and accounting. We were all taught manners, cleanliness, how to dress, how to set a table, etc. When we got out of high school, we were ready to go to work or on to college.

RAVES FOR THE Puppet Ministry folks who recently picked up three seniors’ lunch tickets. They were wonderful people, and we appreciate it.

DO THE PEOPLE of Georgia really believe that Newt Gingrich lives in Georgia? He hasn’t lived in Georgia since he resigned his seat.

ANYONE IN government who believes that North Korea is sincere about the latest proposal in exchange for food needs to be voted out of office as soon as possible. As soon as they have enough food to feed their starving army, it will be back to business as usual.

FOR THE PEOPLE who do not like President Obama, please get over it. Blacks are here to stay, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 03:28 am
morning all, i find it very

morning all, i find it very entertaining when the printed ranters are on good drugs, like the last one......obama is the only black person left in America.......and he is only half black....i want some of what you are on......lol. thank you ac for the laugh this morning.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/13/12 - 03:58 am
About stopping tornadoes...

About stopping tornadoes... heh, heh, heh.

Gamecocks5
Gamecocks5 03/13/12 - 04:02 am
Just because someone doesn't

Just because someone doesn't like Obama doesn't at all mean they want black people gone! So what the ranter is implying is for all the people that didn't like George W. must mean they would've wanted a country without whites. What a joke. This is an example of why racism still exists today. People simply need Jesus, including this ranter and Obama.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:11 am
trouble & I stop tornadoes on

trouble & I stop tornadoes on here ebbyday....heheh

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 04:18 am
if the ranter is that worried

if the ranter is that worried about tornadoes, he needs to let bush know, he can control the weather you know, he did cause katrina after all.............

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:24 am

I need some wake up music...maybe this will do it!

Bush could stop the weather.....but he couldn't do a dang thing with us trouble..ha...good am to all on here-coming later--about to be born & etc....& not even thought of yet!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:26 am
Trouble....don't forget give

Trouble....don't forget give RM some thumsdown..he said he felt left out when he didn't get some.......I think he meant thumbsdown...:)

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 04:27 am
there you go RM, remember we

there you go RM, remember we love you....

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:31 am
yeh trouble...we do...just

yeh trouble...we do...just wish we could give him even more....:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:32 am
I wish RKill & CGee would

I wish RKill & CGee would come on today & give him some too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:38 am
The rave said... THAT NEW

The rave said...

Heck...we have been saying that on here forever...bring back the 60s....
it worked then & by golly it could work again....we didn't backtalk adults...our hineys were made for whuppings ..not just for sitting & we KNEW IT!

KSL
KSL 03/13/12 - 04:38 am
Just who moved the jet

Just who moved the jet stream?

KSL
KSL 03/13/12 - 04:41 am
I hope that third ranrter

I hope that third ranrter doesn't vote.

carcraft
carcraft 03/13/12 - 04:40 am
Indeed blacks are here to

Indeed blacks are here to stay, I just HOPE the melanin blessed Marxists leaves the White House and the occupant CHANGES! That would be hope and change I can believe in!

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 04:40 am
heck seenit, i was taught all

heck seenit, i was taught all that in the 70's and early 80's too

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 04:42 am
Well hello early

Well hello early birds....nice to seeya 2....:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 05:02 am
If you have 6 mins. listen to

If you have 6 mins. listen to this amazing man Neil DeGrasse Tyson....learn years of knowledge in a few mins...explains why we are connected to everything around us..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/13/12 - 05:17 am
SEAN M...... I want my own

SEAN M......

I want my own space...called Trashpile...I feel stifled on here....the r/rs just aren't doing it for me anymore...Trouble is my co-pilot....you will be sorry if another picks us up...you will be saying....coulda-woulda-shouda..I really WANT to stay with YOU...(& you know I do)...THINK about it.....:):)
seeya later folks...much to do!

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 05:49 am
sean, you really should

sean, you really should consider it, we promise to be good, and think of all the other posters you would make happy by getting us off the rants and raves...............lol

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/13/12 - 07:17 am
There was a tornado headed

There was a tornado headed toward Augusta this morning, but I stopped it for you.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/13/12 - 07:51 am
Good Morning America and even

Good Morning America and even one to our Thumb Sucker Downer (TSD).

Sarge started radiation yesterday and it is tearing him a new one. Just not good....pain is heavy.
I"m out the door to see him. He still at room 519, Dr, Hospital, Tele #(706) 651-4519.

As far as asking me to get over hating our Socialist, Marxist, King SMCICBHO...Forget it!.....and what does Black have to do with the President?

Trouble
Trouble 03/13/12 - 07:44 am

thank you soooooo much little lamb, what would we do without you????

sarge you are in our prayers, stay strong.

David Parker
David Parker 03/13/12 - 07:59 am
Why don't we have a thumb up

Why don't we have a thumb up / down for the rants and raves that actually make the cut?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 03/13/12 - 08:14 am
Good Morning David, I

Good Morning David, I completely agree with you. Not much to work with on most days, and the absurdity of them to complain about the commenters who keep this place alive.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 03/13/12 - 08:27 am
Ranter 8, ...You are so

Ranter 8, ...You are so RIGHT. People voted for Obama because he is a black man. Hopefully, in this election, the novelty will have worn off, and they will take a good look at his background, beliefs, character, and performance. May God save America, if they don't.

And yes, what we can do, is vote & pray, like we've never voted and prayed before.

pearlthesquirrel
pearlthesquirrel 03/13/12 - 08:27 am
Rant #1: "Teachers aren't

Rant #1: "Teachers aren't defended there, either." "Some are forced to resign, while others are asked to keep quiet about behavioral situations." That sounds like my kind of rant. I would love to here more. Would you please expand your "rant"...please! I want to hear more.....please!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/13/12 - 08:31 am
Good Mourning Awguster,

Good Mourning Awguster, Trouble, Willow, and our favorite Atlanta suburbanite

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/13/12 - 08:40 am
And does anybody have any tin

And does anybody have any tin foil, I think I need a new hat. We (humans) moved the jet stream?!?!?! I could be wrong but I'm not, the jet stream has been moving itself for years.

I am glad somebody finally realized blacks are here to stay. Vote Herman Cain, he is 50% blacker than the Emperor.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/13/12 - 09:00 am
KSL, of course it was the

KSL, of course it was the Bush administration and Republicans who messed up the jet stream. And yes, unfortunately, all of those ranters can and WILL vote; which is why it is imperative that every thinking American over the age of 18 get off their duffs and vote.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/13/12 - 09:08 am
I'm praying for you, Sarge.

I'm praying for you, Sarge.