Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE AIKEN COUNTY Tax Assessors need to do a better job. If these stores owe $700,000 or more, they could collect all those taxes and they wouldn’t have to go up on our property taxes.

I HAVE MOSTLY solved my issue with high gas prices. … I drive less. Problem solved!

A RANT TO OUR government. You keep mentioning means-testing for seniors to receive Social Security. You need to means-test for Medicaid and food stamps. If they are driving gas-guzzling luxury SUVs with chrome rims we are giving them too much money. The cuts need to come from Medicaid before anything else because that is where all the fraud is.

A HUGE RAVE to Sheryl James and the Augusta-Richmond County Public Library for hosting the inaugural Augusta Literary Festival.

THIS IS A RAVE to Lakeside Middle School students who were standing in front of the judge with their pants up around their waist and a belt on. That was a miracle. It was delightful to see on the front page of The Augusta Chronicle.

I AM FED UP with being 1-cent taxed. When is it going to stop?

A RANT TO THE real reason gas prices are out of control … oil speculation. It’s time to end it.

I RECOMMEND THAT all pay to U.S. senators and their staffs be immediately suspended until they pass a budget and get back on the job. If this were a business in which employees stopped doing their job, they would be terminated.

MY HUSBAND, A contractor, is out hunting people to start a job. Nobody shows up. Don’t blame the economy. When it tanked, we had plenty of foreign workers. They worked for reasonable pay, and their work was better than those who are left. Someone in Columbia County got their feelings hurt (they knew what was going on.) Now we have to hunt people who are sober and want to work. We have to share all the good ones.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 03/09/12 - 11:40 pm
Last ranter, that is sad but

Last ranter, that is sad but true. People want a position, not work. The majority of these migrant workers are eager to learn the trade, and will run rings around most other manual laborers, thats for sure. They don't come in drunk, they are on time, and they do what you ask them to do and not complain about it.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/10/12 - 02:44 am
As long as you don't ask them

As long as you don't ask them for a green card.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:10 am

Important message about your eyes...I had to have mine checked this past week....soo much they can tell by looking into your eyes....
& collards-blueberries & apricots are GOOD for your eyes.

Good am CSRA & like trouble sez..good am fake-os too!

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:32 am
More Imp. news----How to tell

More Imp. news----How to tell if you run into a person with more than 1 personality...

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:35 am
When you are alone do you

When you are alone do you talk to yourself...ask questions & then answer in another personality....weeelll you could be a good candidate.

I do talk to myself once in awhile.....but I always like the answers!!

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:37 am
BTW...You can daydream about

BTW...You can daydream about a fantasy & still have just 1 personality.

Soo wishful daydreaming won't count......

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:59 am

WOW...You get Roy & Bruce in this song....(I'll take Bruce S)

Listen to the band-music backing up Roy...PERFECT!!

another great band backing up the singer.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 05:45 am
So now I have

So now I have covered...health-good food-disorders of the mind--daydreaming & music...yeh..that should tick everybody off! Gotcha!

wildman
wildman 03/10/12 - 07:12 am
Not sure what seenitB4 had

Not sure what seenitB4 had last night or this morning but I'll have a double. Maybe not! Today is a great day, enjoy it.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 07:17 am
LOL wildman...heh baileys

LOL wildman...heh

baileys with coffee---martini regular---1 choc martini---& a great Cobb salad.....great friends....the kind that make life worth living!
AND wonderful MUSIC ...:)
Let me add some of the best comics in Augusta post on here.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 08:03 am
A woman was having a

A woman was having a passionate affair with an Irish inspector from a pest-control company.. One afternoon they were carrying on in the bedroom together when her husband arrived home unexpectedly.

'Quick,' said the woman to the lover, 'into the closet!' and she pushed him in the closet, stark naked.

The husband, however, became suspicious and after a search of the bedroom discovered the man in the closet..

'Who are you?' he asked him..

'I'm an inspector from Bugs-B-Gone,' said the exterminator.

'What are you doing in there?' the husband asked..

'I'm investigating a complaint about an infestation of moths,' the man replied.

'And where are your clothes?' asked the husband.

The man looked down at himself and said, 'Those little beaeests!!

Thanks for the joke HC

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 08:20 am
WOW...read that cokes CEO's

WOW...read that cokes CEO's pay tops $21 million...
that includes salary-stock & an incentive plan....& who sez we are broke in the USA>>heh....some men have what it takes to make the bucks.

Now don't be jealous cause he is beautiful---ha

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 08:26 am
Bonk......Mr sean Moores is a

Bonk......Mr sean Moores is a very smart man (really sean) the best way to get along with him is to say that about 10 times a day....& when he sends you a warning, just say..."You are right & I am wrong & will try to do better.."

and also send him huggies {{{{}}}} during the day....:):)luv ya SM

allhans
allhans 03/10/12 - 08:59 am
Whoa!!!

Whoa!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 08:59 am
When I answer Sean's "abuse"

When I answer Sean's "abuse" posts, I'll always type two responses. One is how I really feel with lots of #@$!X and then one I actually send. But you talk about an impossible job. His boss in in the news so much with public-private business dealings that it has to be tough.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 09:00 am
I'm also starting to

I'm also starting to understand the relationship of SeenIt and SM. Heh.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:01 am
NO ONE understands

NO ONE understands THAT....not even the 2 of us!

:):)

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:21 am
Just read something very

Just read something very sad...
2 kids found living in an abandoned school bus in Texas....ages 11 & 5...sounds impossible BUT it happened.....their parents were in jail.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 09:22 am
Hey, remember THAT book, The

Hey, remember THAT book, The Boxcar Kids, in school?

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:32 am

No I didn't remember that book so I looked it up....maybe because you are sooo much older than I......hhahaha......yeh ...ya must have been about 6 grades ahead of me in school....so maybe they didn't teach it when I was in school. :)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 09:36 am
Well, it wasn't taught in

Well, it wasn't taught in school, but Mrs. DeHay would read it to us at storytime which came just before nap time. She would also sneak in a bible story now and then. The Boxcar Kids. I guess that title wouldn't work today in this age of trailers and RV's.

Frankie-B
Frankie-B 03/10/12 - 09:38 am
Last rant, by "foreign

Last rant, by "foreign workers" you mean illegal aliens, "undocumented" aliens", "immigration process challenged", etc.? I'm curious as to what "reasonable pay" equates to? Your family benefits while you exploit these people. You and yours are willingly breaking the law. You are the root problem with this issue; you are greedy, and your greed starts the wheel turning for a continuing host of problems; the misery of human trafficking, resource exhaustion due to tax base inequity, city Balkanization by language and nationalistic affiliation, etc. I'm also a bit perturbed to the general attribution of qualities by race being implied, but you're a modern-day slaver marketing your product, and are feebly trying to justify an opposition to the State's attempt to getting its house in order.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 09:38 am
Yeah, I hope there's

Yeah, I hope there's something left in SS when I get there. Of course we have to make sure the others get theirs and then we can have what's left of OUR money.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:39 am
RM....I think you are still

RM....I think you are still in love with that teacher...Mrs DeHay....she must have some powerful perfume.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/10/12 - 09:49 am
Now if you want to talk THAT

Now if you want to talk THAT way, I could tell you about Mrs. B. It is unbelieveable no one went to jail, but back then you could get away with that stuff. I'll just say the morale of our football team was good. She is still around today and everyone respects her and we keep secrets of the old days. Heh.

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:53 am
Talk about what

Talk about what RM...hahaha...funny ...things have really changed in todays world.....
Now GOB is up & wants to go for breakfast....since I listen & OBEY HIM like a wifey should (HEH)...we are going out this am...
seeya later

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 03/10/12 - 09:54 am
River, cling to your Mrs.

River, cling to your Mrs. DeHay teachings. Good Morning!

seenitB4 03/10/12 - 09:55 am
POSTING FOR GOB--- That is a

POSTING FOR GOB---

That is a dim lie....sez gob...heh

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 03/10/12 - 10:04 am
Not about going to breakfast,

Not about going to breakfast, but about the "minding" part, I'm sure:)

Willow Bailey
20624
Willow Bailey 03/10/12 - 10:06 am
And Good Morning GOB! (don't

And Good Morning GOB! (don't let him start posting on here...I could tell him how to handle you, seenit...:)

Hot temps increase worries about children left alone in cars
Despite continual warnings by police and child advocates, the number of children dying in hot cars is already close to surpassing last year with five months left in 2016.