Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE ENERGY POLICY touted recently by President Obama sounded a lot like his plan way back in 2008. So what has he done since 2008? He spent half a billion dollars of our taxpayer money on a company (Solyndra) which went bust. Spending millions on companies like Ener1, Xide, etc., with no results. Stopped the Keystone XL pipeline from becoming a reality, which cost us thousands of jobs and weakened our move towards energy independence.

I WOULD LIKE TO give a HUGE RAVE to the staff who was working Feb. 13 in Triage at the VA hospital (night shift) when my heart stopped beating. It was a scary experience. And a special thank you to Danny, who comforted me when I thought I was gonna die.

THE 2012 ITALIAN-American Pasta Festival at the Greek Orthodox church was very impressive. Thank you to all the members and their families who worked so hard. It’s on my calendar for next year!

AS A BLACK RCBOE teacher, I have a rant to RCBOE for allowing a celebration of Black History Month. Black history should be taught in conjunction with all history. You can’t teach students that race does not matter but then throw race in everyone’s face for one solid month!

RANT TO THE Richmond County Schools: Start supporting your teachers! Bring discipline back and drop the socialist mentality that all children should be in schools — chronic trouble makers should be shown the door, so the innocent learners can excel. What a difference that would make.

REMEMBER WHEN THE world hated us because of Bush? Yes, they love us so much now that they are killing U.S. workers and soldiers in Afghanistan while burning effigies of Obama, while Iran is threatening us with annihilation. Thanks for the change!

HUGE RAVE TO THE guy in a red Columbia County T-shirt who found my debit card in the Dollar General parking lot on Columbia Road and found me in the store to return it to me!!! Thank You.

IF THE CCBOE had attended the Georgia All State Choral program in Savannah, they would think twice about reducing the school music programs. Our students underwent two difficult auditions to join kids from around the state to provide some of the best music that you will ever hear. Too bad we favor athletics to bring in the money.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 06:02 pm
Augusta needs to figure ways

Augusta needs to figure ways to route traffic around the Hill section. Traffic is almost ruining that beautiful and historic area.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 06:17 pm
Some won't like this post at

Some won't like this post at all...so be it!!

If we don't get some NEW BLOOD in the Rep party---& new candidates ..we will lose the election.....females have left by the millions in the last months...O won't have to run/it will be given to him....I saw maybe 4 people voting on Tuesday at the polls....sorry but folks are just sick of what they see....I hope what I heard on Morning Joe will happen....they will bring in something new in the next month or so...it has happened B4.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 06:37 pm
SeenIt, ever heard of Johnny

SeenIt, ever heard of Johnny Hensley and the Red Hots? I've NEVER met him, but here's a weird thing. I bought some new gel point pens the other day and was trying them out. His TV show, Shag Time, was on and I let it play in the background for all the great beach music while I was online.

I tried out one pen and wrote his name on a sheet of paper for some reason. Then the papers got shuffled around. I go to the store today and there he is and I HAVE to talk to him. Nice and friendly guy who talked a good bit about his career and so on.

I get home, pay some bills and straighten up that pile of papers on my desk and when I lay the stack down there is a clean sheet of paper with "Johnny Hensley" on top.......I'm going to use the same pen and write on the same piece of paper, Mick Jagger. Wonder what will happen?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 06:40 pm
Nothing!! I was at Richmond

Nothing!!

I was at Richmond when Hensley was there.....didn't know him personally but like him..

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 06:43 pm
I've always wanted to meet

I've always wanted to meet THE BOSS--- Bruce....his music is still great!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 06:50 pm
Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 06:51 pm
I know a girl the Boss called

I know a girl the Boss called up on the stage in Columbia to do THAT dance with him.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 06:54 pm
Know what's puzzling? Why

Know what's puzzling? Why doesn't Augusta know more about Columbia. We are an hour away on an interstate from the center of the city. Plus, Aiken, part of the CSRA is in the same state and 30 minutes away. We should share an airport. You would think Columbia was Atlanta, Columbus or something.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 07:00 pm
RM said... .......I'm going

RM said...

....amazing that Mick Jagger would be the one you would want to meet...I sure wouldve thought some actress would be....& thinking about Columbia are ya....your mind has been busy today...:)
Ludowici ...gone bye bye.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 07:40 pm
River, I spend time in Aiken,

River, I spend time in Aiken, Columbia, and of course my beloved Charleston. Planning to add Greenville to my list of quick trips next week. Last week on my way home from Charleston, I discovered a really neat restaurant in Columbia called "Cotton Grill". It's in an old mill house on a lake. Excellent atmosphere and the food was great, almost like being in Charleston. It's worth the drive over just for dinner. And you didn't ask me, but I do know two of the Red Hots...Johnny is one.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 07:07 pm
I think if I chose a town in

I think if I chose a town in S Carolina to live it would be Charleston.....just something about that town....I love but can't really say what it is.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 07:09 pm
Where were you born & raised

Where were you born & raised WB?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 07:25 pm
I'm calling it a night

I'm calling it a night RM....it has been a looong day for me.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 07:41 pm
Born in Columbia, spent the

Born in Columbia, spent the majority of my life here, seenit.
I can tell you what I love about Charleston, everything. The history, the gardens, the bay, the boats, the shopping on King Street, particularly Pottery Barn, Brighton, Finicky Filly's & Nice Ice, the restaurants, especially, Magnolias, the Cooper River Bridge, the architecture, the old southern black ladies weaving their baskets, Hyams Nursery, GDC Design Center, the artist, the antique stores, the spring garden show, Spoleto, the Charleston Ladies Quilt Guild, and many of the other local events.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 07:41 pm
Thanks WB.... River for you

Thanks WB....

River for you tonight....sleep well...

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 07:54 pm
SeenIt...nice song. Willow,

SeenIt...nice song. Willow, yep, I mean Columbia is sooooo close to us and I'm sure you know it well. But I bet I know things about Charleston outsiders don't know.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 08:00 pm
River, you know a lot that I

River, you know a lot that I don't know:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/08/12 - 08:43 pm
Willow, that's a two-way

Willow, that's a two-way street. You know a lot I don't know.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/09/12 - 05:39 am
Shucks....I know a lot ya

Shucks....I know a lot ya BOTH don't know!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/09/12 - 04:16 pm
But are you telling any of

But are you telling any of it, seenit?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/09/12 - 05:35 pm
When it comes to MY

When it comes to MY business...I tell what I want to tell...just likeYOU.

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/10/12 - 12:28 am
Actually, I have several

Actually, I have several policies, depending on the subject, the person, the circumstances, and any past experience with them.

Ruben given last shot on downtown buildings

Richmond County Magistrate Judge H. Scott Allen approved an agreement the two sides reached this week to obtain a boarding permit in the next 30 days to "mothball" two buildings.