Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THE ENERGY POLICY touted recently by President Obama sounded a lot like his plan way back in 2008. So what has he done since 2008? He spent half a billion dollars of our taxpayer money on a company (Solyndra) which went bust. Spending millions on companies like Ener1, Xide, etc., with no results. Stopped the Keystone XL pipeline from becoming a reality, which cost us thousands of jobs and weakened our move towards energy independence.

I WOULD LIKE TO give a HUGE RAVE to the staff who was working Feb. 13 in Triage at the VA hospital (night shift) when my heart stopped beating. It was a scary experience. And a special thank you to Danny, who comforted me when I thought I was gonna die.

THE 2012 ITALIAN-American Pasta Festival at the Greek Orthodox church was very impressive. Thank you to all the members and their families who worked so hard. It’s on my calendar for next year!

AS A BLACK RCBOE teacher, I have a rant to RCBOE for allowing a celebration of Black History Month. Black history should be taught in conjunction with all history. You can’t teach students that race does not matter but then throw race in everyone’s face for one solid month!

RANT TO THE Richmond County Schools: Start supporting your teachers! Bring discipline back and drop the socialist mentality that all children should be in schools — chronic trouble makers should be shown the door, so the innocent learners can excel. What a difference that would make.

REMEMBER WHEN THE world hated us because of Bush? Yes, they love us so much now that they are killing U.S. workers and soldiers in Afghanistan while burning effigies of Obama, while Iran is threatening us with annihilation. Thanks for the change!

HUGE RAVE TO THE guy in a red Columbia County T-shirt who found my debit card in the Dollar General parking lot on Columbia Road and found me in the store to return it to me!!! Thank You.

IF THE CCBOE had attended the Georgia All State Choral program in Savannah, they would think twice about reducing the school music programs. Our students underwent two difficult auditions to join kids from around the state to provide some of the best music that you will ever hear. Too bad we favor athletics to bring in the money.

allmostgone
allmostgone 03/08/12 - 08:32 am
seenitB4: That Percy Sledge

seenitB4: That Percy Sledge sure brings back some good ole memories.
For the past year I've been doing Maintenance work for his daughter Tonya, she's one of the sweetest people I've ever met, she lives right here in Augusta. Thanks for the memories.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 08:38 am
ok gentry...i'm following ya

ok gentry...i'm following ya now...ain't "nuthin" ya can do about it either.....put a smile on that face & others will follow ya too!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 08:44 am
Hi shrimp....I've been

Hi shrimp....I've been worried about ya...thought you were caught in a net somewhere........glad ya still with us...:)

BamaMan
BamaMan 03/08/12 - 08:45 am
31 posts, and 22 are

31 posts, and 22 are Seenit's, in 3 hours. Give it a rest. Geez

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 11:46 am
Good Morning Everyone,

Good Morning Everyone, especially Sargebaby. Hope you are feeling much better this a.m. Praying for you.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 08:47 am
Wise teacher in rant #4.

Wise teacher in rant #4.

dstewartsr
20389
dstewartsr 03/08/12 - 08:47 am
About the lottery winner

About the lottery winner still collecting food stamps: Not sure why some sharp lawyer for the state hasn't gone after the money. The state presumably paid for the lottery ticket, no?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/08/12 - 08:54 am
Good Morning America. Shrimp,

Good Morning America.

Shrimp, I hope you made enough to put some gas in their Cad!

raul
raul 03/08/12 - 09:01 am
@shrimpforbreakfast. Have you

@shrimpforbreakfast. Have you considered submitting an article for this? I would like to read it.

Have you taken time off from work to write a book, travel or just rest? Tell us about your sabbatical for an upcoming article in The Augusta Chronicle. Call staff writer Kelly Jasper at (706) 823-3552 or email kelly.jasper@augustachronicle.com.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 09:03 am
Hi guys wb-cgee.....I'm not

Hi guys wb-cgee.....I'm not leaving cause yall made it here...gotta do some work now....
.....might look up 1 good one for ya CGEE b4 I go..:)

raul
raul 03/08/12 - 09:04 am
Good morning, Willow, et al.

Good morning, Willow, et al.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 09:08 am

Just for you Cgee.....you know you will always be a fav. to me...seeyalater..

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 03/08/12 - 09:15 am
Good Morning Raul, It's a

Good Morning Raul, It's a beautiful morning and I think I'll go out for awhile. If you love the woods, two lanes, and country sides, this is for you. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, despite what the day brings...

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 03/08/12 - 09:48 am
President Obama has promised

President Obama has promised Israel more sophisticated weapons, to include nuclear bunker busters, if Israel waits to attack Iran after the election.

Apparently the Democrats don't want any higher gas prices until 'Barry the Peacemaker' is reelected...

Dudeness
Dudeness 03/08/12 - 09:53 am
Big thumbs up to the RCBOE

Big thumbs up to the RCBOE teacher. I can't understand how it benefits anyone to celebrate/endorse segregation either.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/08/12 - 10:00 am
"Riverman- I was listening to

"Riverman- I was listening to Boortz yesterday while runing earns. There is some women whol won a million on the lottory and still collecting welfare!!! She said "well I have two houses, bills and I'm not working so yes I deserve it".. Have a good day at work. I'll be off to work a a little bit to insure million dollar lottery winners keep getting there check!"

Come on carcraft, cut the parasite some slack! She only got $500K of it after cash value and taxes were figure in!! {sarcasm-off}

raul
raul 03/08/12 - 10:25 am
when I heard that on Boortz,

when I heard that on Boortz, I was white knuckeling the steering wheel. I hope they take back the welfare money and charge her with fraud. Yes, she deserves it.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 03/08/12 - 10:44 am
LOL...I think seenit has a

LOL...I think seenit has a lot to say...perhaps she could condense her thoughts into a "few" posts and then the "totum pole" effect would not be as evident.....jmho

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/08/12 - 10:50 am
Sarge update, Still in

Sarge update, Still in extreme pain in any bottom movement. Doctors feel but not confirmed that it has to do with the cancer growth in the prostrate area that was removed a while back. Also, and x-ray of the lungs show some spots and has not been evaluated yet.
I gave you all the wrong number to his room. it is.... 706 651-4519. He said he would like to hear from you all.

allhans
allhans 03/08/12 - 11:21 am
seenit..when they finally

seenit..when they finally announce a pairing of Rubio and Romney all this talk will stop. The left loves to create a diversion and they have a way of doing it. All the top politicians say there is no way a candidate could start that late in the game and have a chance...Too many things have to factored in.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/08/12 - 11:59 am
Good Afternoon Awguster,

Good Afternoon Awguster, Trouble, Willow, and a certain Atlanta suburbanite.

happychimer
19323
happychimer 03/08/12 - 12:38 pm
The Michigan lottery winner

The Michigan lottery winner was still getting $200 month food assistance, but not now. She did buy a house with part of her money.

whyme
2070
whyme 03/08/12 - 12:49 pm
2 things...I agree with the

2 things...I agree with the rave about the choral music. My child has participated in All State as well and it is wonderful. A lot of time and effort goes into the process, and we still have to pay for our trip. Don't know if that's true for other counties, but we save up and it's well worth the cost. There's also District Honors Chorus for our immediate area, and again, it's good music. I guess we want to prepare our kids more for a pro ball career than a music career.
On the other note, I agreed with the rant about the Black History month. I'm not sure who started it but if you take it away, then people would complain that the accomplishments of Black Americans are being overlooked. I think that we all need to stop with the racial splitting and if we can't recognize the great deeds that ALL Americans have done, then we need to check ourselves. Along with this, though, we need to then stop with the Miss Black America pageant, Asian-America Day, and those sorts of things. I know why they were started but the historically white activities have accepted other races in their programs (which should have been done from the start).

Magpie
Magpie 03/08/12 - 02:08 pm
#4 I totally agree.

#4 I totally agree.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/08/12 - 02:56 pm
Just got back from visiting

Just got back from visiting Sargebaby. The cancer has moved into the bone of the lower spine, but Jim seems to be very stoic and optimistic about wherever this road takes him. He asks for continued prayers and good wishes.

Jake
Jake 03/08/12 - 03:06 pm
Best wishes Sarge, I hope you

Best wishes Sarge, I hope you get better.

I have a question. When a son is named after his father he gets Jr. (Junior) attached to his name in most cases. What if a daughter is named after her mother? What do you call her?

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 03/08/12 - 03:11 pm
Betty Sue

Betty Sue

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 04:29 pm
I just want to make something

I just want to make something perfectly clear...

I don't care how yall post...you can put them all together--you can spread them out---you can post all day--you can post all night.....cause I

KNOW HOW TO SKIP OVER STUFF....but seldom have to because I LOVE most posts on here...so keep it up...yall make me HAPPY :):)

Dixieman...I do feel your pain...I let off steam on here too.....:)

kmb413
kmb413 03/08/12 - 04:32 pm
Didn't GA just pass a law

Didn't GA just pass a law requiring random drug tests every other year for welfare recipiants?

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/08/12 - 04:36 pm

This song is for any unhappy folks reading this today.....I wish you happiness & love with all of my heart!