Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

A RANT TO THE Rich­mond County Board of Education: Why do you waste money on tribunals? Give principals the power back and allow them to make decisions over expulsions and suspensions.

YOUR CHILDREN are daily subjected to verbal abuse, profanity, sexual harassment, racial slurs and physical violence. This is all happening in your child’s classroom, in the hallways, in the bathrooms and on the bus. Go to your child’s school and observe for three hours. You will be shocked at what you see and hear. Do something.

I WANT TO RAVE ABOUT the very good care my wife experienced at Doctors Hospital (knee replacement) and a special thanks to Lyn on nights and Mary and Mary Beth on days (physical therapy).

GEORGIA POWER CO. worked to restore power to all customers with the assistance of out-of-town crews. My son, who works in Canton, Ga., called near the end of his workday to tell me that he and others from the Canton station were on the way here. The trucks are very large and move at a relatively slow pace. They expected to be here by 9 p.m. and worked the rest of the night, probably a 23-hour workday for them. In an emergency we forget about those who work such long, hard hours for our comfort and convenience. Don’t we owe them some recognition for their efforts?

TEACHERS IN AUGUSTA are forced to run our public schools like prisons because it’s the only way we can protect the good kids from the bad kids. Assigned seats at lunch. Silent lunch. No one goes to the bathroom unless accompanied by a teacher. No one can get out of their seat. No group work. No talking. Lockdowns. Book bag searches. No talking in hallways. Walk in single file. Eyes straight ahead. Touch no one. And this is to be a learning environment?

JAYWALKING IS against the law. If the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office
would sit on the Rey­nolds Street side of the Augusta Chronicle there would be no money problems. These educated people who work there constantly jaywalk and when one of them is hit because of jaywalking I will be the first in line to speak for the driver of the car that hits them.

WOULD SOMEONE please tell me why you think e-mail is secure? The IRS, Bank of America, the Pentagon and many other institutions disagree with you.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/07/12 - 12:28 am
1. It all started when the

1. It all started when the government decided they could run our schools better than locals. First they took God out of schools. Next they took away any type of punishment. All in the name of political correctness.

2. See number 1

3. I was married to a nurse. Many times they don't get the thanks they deserve.

4. When was the last time you went out in the middle of a storm to help somebody? This poster is correct, another profession that doesn't get the thanks or recognition it deserves. BTW, have you thanked a LEO today?

5. See 1 and 2

6. And when RCSO starts writing those tickets the cry will be "Why aren't they fighting real crime?" Again, have you thanked a LEO today?

7. ANYTHING that is put out on the internet is subject to interception. It isn't right but that's the way it is. Just ask any famous/influential person who has been the victim of an intercepted photo.

There you have today's complete rundown.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 03/07/12 - 12:30 am
Good mourning Trouble,

Good mourning Trouble, Willow, rest of Awguster and our friendly Atlanta suburbanite. Time for me to go to bed. Y'all try to have fun without me.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/12 - 12:46 am
#1- Agree. The more local the

#1- Agree. The more local the authority, the better the results in most cases.

#2. Agree. It is the lack of involvement by parents driving most behavior issues.

#3. My best friend would differ. His experience was sub-par.

#4. It is the career they chose, and are well compensated for it. That is recognition enough.

#5. See #2.

#6. Who cares? Police have more to do than worry about jaywalkers. MYOB and let jaywalkers suffer from their own bad judgment if injured. Police don't need to protect people from their own stupidity.

#7. What person who has an iota of understanding about the cyber world thinks anything is absolutely secure? Every piece of data you send or receive is logged through a server somewhere. We can only trust our ISP's, etc. have as much security as is available.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 03/07/12 - 12:54 am
RK- For nurses and other

RK- For nurses and other allied health professionals, no recognition needed. The reward of seeing sick people get well because of your personal involvement is greater than words or plaques could ever express. Been there done that. I'm retired, but thinking seriously about getting involved in healthcare again- maybe an EMT or the like.

Trouble
Trouble 03/07/12 - 01:50 am
morning all.....you too rk.

morning all.....you too rk.

rant #5, you work in a middle school dont you? they aint got near that much control over the high schools

Trouble
Trouble 03/07/12 - 01:55 am
it is once again time for me

it is once again time for me to head to work, meanie heads say so.....have a good one

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 04:16 am
Well....maybe I can get some

Well....maybe I can get some work done today......& we won't be hogging up this space on here.....yaknow...

We won't be chatting ALL DAY as usual..heh......I know SM will miss me....won't ya---:)

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 04:17 am
RAVES to Ga Power.....can't

RAVES to Ga Power.....can't say enough about the guys.....lov em!!

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 04:21 am

Just for you Sean M.......only you!

You are the best.....:)

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 04:44 am
seenitB4 03/07/12 - 04:52 am
What is sin...really----read

What is sin...really----read what is sin for one may not be sin for another
amazing thought!

The truth is, we all sin. The Bible makes this apparent in Scriptures such as Romans 3:23 and 1 John 1:10. But the Bible also says that God hates sin and encourages us as Christians to stop sinning: "Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning, because God's life is in them." (1 John 3:9, NLT) Further complicating the matter are Bible passages that seem to suggest that some sins are debatable and that sin is not always "black and white." What is sin for one Christian, for example, may not be sin for another Christian. So, in light of all of these considerations, what attitude should we have toward sin?

Soooo no more sinning for seenit-----may not work for some.

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 06:15 am
Ya know what...I tried to go

Ya know what...I tried to go back to bed...it didn't work...olemind won't let me this am....maybe the lure of coffee-Baileys & whip cream puuulled me back to AC...or could it be S Moores enterprises......lured me back..:)

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 06:20 am
Do yall have ANY idea how

Do yall have ANY idea how hard it is to write in a name on a puter screen vote in todays voting???

I wanted to write in George Clooney---told the girl that & she went to the back room--woke up the manager to fix the puter so I could do that....by the time he finally came in I just went ahead & punced in R Perrys name......it was between the 2 of them anyways....

Some think I wasted my vote---I say NO I didn't...it was a protest vote of sorts....I can't stand most of the candidates...(honestly) on either side btw.....If this is all we have to offer....we are in a world of hurt in the USA.....

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 06:25 am
What would it take to

What would it take to actually have great choices???

Good business decisions by men/women .......the very people who make this country work....why is it they won't run??

Could it be the MEDIA BIAS??.....why not have an article on that AC??

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 06:30 am
carcraft said this on another

carcraft said this on another article...

Ah, I remember when Joe the plumber asked Obama about redistributing the weath. Secret government files were leaked to the press AND PRINTED, his past and life story were made an issue, and he was smeaared

Yep....exactly what I'm talking about...thanks carcraft

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 06:38 am
Do we really have any

Do we really have any innocents in the world of politics.....I would bet...no-no-no......we all have history/gaffes/secrets......& most don't want them aired on tv-radio-papers ALL DAY LONG..

But 1 day I hope we will see a candidate who will have the (you-know-what)to say.....I have sinned many times in my life---I'm not perfect & I won't pretend to be......I'm not talking about this again....I wish he would say..."I have loved women-liquor & good times in my life..now I want to be the best President I possibly can be....& will dedicate myself to doing just that".

THAT MAN would be voted in...IMHO!

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/07/12 - 07:37 am
G'morning Seenit, RK and all

G'morning Seenit, RK and all others. Seenit... any news on Sarge?

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 07:40 am
Hi sweet abby....I have not

Hi sweet abby....I have not heard anything....will email Cgee though & check....let you know if I hear anything.....I will right now!

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/07/12 - 08:26 am
Who the heck could give that

Who the heck could give that a thumbs down? C'mon people, don't be buttheads.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/12 - 08:52 am
Good Morning America and Dear

Good Morning America and Dear AC Friends.
Looks like a lot of women are using their eyes to cast their votes, must be blonds...ha ha.

Response to B4 email. My Brother Sarge is having one heck of a time with paralyzing pain in the lower part of the back and both legs. He has been unable to sleep, but because of a great personality and positive attitude, he still can joke and keep a smile on his face. He still talking about all of you and regrets not being able to Chat with you all. I know without a doubt he would love to hear from any of you...Room 519, Tele #706 651-5519. He had a multitude of test yesterday but doctors have not been able to diagnose his problems. Remember, he has a heart monitor and pace maker and is unable to have an MRI. There are going to preform some bone test today. Any updates, will let you all know.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/07/12 - 09:14 am
Thanks, CG. I'll call after

Thanks, CG. I'll call after my dr appt and check on him. I do adore that guy.

David Parker
David Parker 03/07/12 - 09:18 am
@ seenitB4, we almost had a

@ seenitB4, we almost had a president of that caliber in Clinton. He lived the life but just couldn't be outwardly true to himself.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/12 - 09:19 am
{{Abby}} It doesn't take a

{{Abby}} It doesn't take a Brain Scientist to figure out what type of individual this Thumb Sucking Downer is. There is no doubt that it doesn't even like itself. It has down thumbs every post made by a few posters. I think it is finding pleasure doing so like I find pleasure offending some that need offending.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 03/07/12 - 09:22 am
I noticed the select few were

I noticed the select few were "downed" no matter what they said. It's all good, nobody cares what someone like that thinks anyway. They can just continue to suck on their sour lemons. Glad to see you all... hate that I had to come here to do it. lol. hugglez! Off to the doc.

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 09:29 am
Hahha...seenit can handle

Hahha...seenit can handle it---no worry......thanks Cgee for responding--luv ya..
gotta go again --things going on here!

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/07/12 - 09:29 am
CG, thanks for the update on

CG, thanks for the update on Sarge. Do you know if he is accepting visitors? Morning Abby!

seenitB4 03/07/12 - 09:32 am

It's only make believe anyway---country wll stay with me & they can like it/or not!!!

heh

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 03/07/12 - 09:35 am
Yes ICL, he would love

Yes ICL, he would love visitors. I would recommend afternoons because in the morning he may be receiving test.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 03/07/12 - 09:44 am
Thanks seenit!

Thanks seenit!

InChristLove
InChristLove 03/07/12 - 09:52 am
Thanks CG....may stop in this

Thanks CG....may stop in this afternoon when I'm over on that side of town. :) Hope the CIC is feeling better.

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...