Rants & Raves

FOR THE PEOPLE who live with someone for sexual purposes, then complain about them and their actions after moving out: You should not live together for sex without marriage. See what happens when you break up and move apart?

I’M A SOUTHERN Baptist and I don’t like the name change at all.

GOODNESS, BILL KIRBY. Your Monday Feb. 20 column is the complete opposite of what could help our Augusta Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau. Can’t you think of anything positive besides the Masters? How about a postcard of the Augusta GreenJackets? A postcard of the RiverHawks team? A postcard of your top 5 favorite eateries? (In Augusta).

You owe us a postcard, Bill.

A RAVE TO THE kind gentleman who brought us the beautiful red roses. Augusta Gardens’ residents are thoroughly enjoying them. God bless you for your gift and the smiles it has brought our residents.

THANK YOU, THANK you to the kind gentleman who bought our lunch last month at Harbor Inn. Your kindness and thoughtfulness were so heart-warming. May the Lord bless you tenfold for your kind heart.

WHAT’S UP WITH folks who don’t wash their hands? It’s especially bad when you work in the medical district and you see folks doing this. Soap and water can be found all over the hospitals and nearby buildings in our area. Use them. I don’t want your germs. Also, if you really can’t get to the soap and water, hit that bottle of sanitizer they have pretty much at every doorway. Simply disgusted.

WITH A GALLON of gasoline heading to $4 and beyond, it’s time for President Obama to step in and propose a gas stamp program similar to the food stamp program to help us be able to get back and forth to work. The government needs to provide us with 12 gallons a week.

I AM A PART-TIME cashier at an Evans retail store. Please have some courtesy and stay off your phone when we are trying to help you. It is rude. If you have to talk on them, do it out of the store.

RAVES TO THE Lakeside Middle School student who demonstrated bravery in reporting the actions of the Charlie Rape Gang. He is truly a hero who shows that one person can make a difference.

Trouble
Trouble 03/03/12 - 02:31 am
morning all gas stamp?

morning all

gas stamp? really? you cant use your welfare money to pay for your own gas? suddenly we should be expected to pay for your gas as well as your food? sad thing is, there are those out there who will think this is a great idea, and next thing you know, they will be forcing us to pay for this too.

part time cashier, agreed, there i nothing i hate more than customers who expect you to wait on them when they are talking to someone else on the phone, if you cant give me your attention, dont expect me to give you mine, there are other things i could be doing besides standing around waiting for you to decide to talk to me.

Trouble
Trouble 03/03/12 - 02:33 am
sorry, i was a bit talkative

sorry, i was a bit talkative with my first post, but now it is time to head off to work.....morning seenit, rk, rm, and all the rest of you wonderful people, i will be back later....

Trouble
Trouble 03/03/12 - 02:54 am
ok, one more comment about

ok, one more comment about the "gas stamp" program...

12 gallons......thursday when i put this amount in my truck, it cost me 45 dollars.

the ranter wants this so that they can "get back and forth to work".....honey, i hate to be the one to break this to you, but if you work, you will not qualify for it anyways......entitlement programs like this are designed for people who dont want to do anything to help themselves.

KSL
KSL 03/03/12 - 05:15 am
Agree, T. Gas would be less

Agree, T. Gas would be less if we had the right leadership in the White House and Congress. We need refineries and we need drilling. How ridiculous is it to condone China drilling in our backyard but keep us from doing it because of environmental concerns??? How ridiculous is it to hand money over to green energy companies who have not yet arrived at a point they can compete and stay alive? That is taxpayers' down the drain, or was it just a matter of political payback that was so ill-advised?

KSL
KSL 03/03/12 - 05:19 am
By the way, ranter, With A

By the way, ranter, With A Gallon, you do understand that our government does not have the ability at this point to pay for those gas stamps. They are currently running up a huge charge card without the means to pay it off. Now if you did that, you know what would happen, don't you?

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 07:54 am
I'm 100% with you

I'm 100% with you trouble....

I don't get that first post...can someone tell me what they said......are they mad because their lover moved out??

good am to all this great sat. morning..

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:07 am

Wake up with Aretha...she can sing...ya baby..

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:12 am
The rant said... WHAT’S UP

The rant said...

WHAT’S UP WITH folks who don’t wash their hands? It’s especially bad when you work in the medical district and you see folks doing this..

I hate that too....but I have heard more germs are on a Drs tie....because he doesn't change the dang thing!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 08:21 am
Hey, SeenIt.....Trouble, KSL

Hey, SeenIt.....Trouble, KSL and company. About the gase prices, I bet siphon hoses would be a good thing to sell these days.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:24 am
Well RM....you must know

Well RM....you must know "somethin".....they had on the news that some were pulling up right over gas wells at stations & putting a siphon hose down deep into the well & taking gas......no one sees a thing...

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 08:27 am
When gas stealing is going

When gas stealing is going on, times are tough. Heh. Maybe we can use that against Obama for the election somehow. Come up with a phrase about people siphoning gas.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:30 am
You do a better job with

You do a better job with phrasing than I.......you have proven that..time & again....

I will look for a funnie about it...:)

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:34 am

many ways to take gas...I never thought of this ONE!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 08:51 am
Funny video, SeenIt. So you

Funny video, SeenIt. So you need a short person and a long hose to pull that off? That gives me inappropriate visuals.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:53 am
double entendre lit. from

double entendre
lit. from the French meaning 'double meaning.' a phrase or saying that has another connotation apart from the literal, almost always sexual in nature

French......who woulda thought it..heh

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 08:55 am
It takes a dirty mind to

It takes a dirty mind to believe something is a double entendre.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 08:58 am
We do have the inappropriate

We do have the inappropriate police on here ...yaknow....they will keep ole RM in line.......no worry there..:)

They are also the thumbs down clickers.......trying to silence others.....but it ain't working!!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 08:59 am
I wonder what happened to

I wonder what happened to that guy who used to post a good bit, jet ski on the river and had some kind of crime prevention website? It was something about giving rewards for giving info to solve crimes. He had several screennames. Remember him?

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 09:02 am
Yep...& I liked him....so

Yep...& I liked him....so many are missing now---jtf-chillen--& some lost to other blogs.......I wish they would rethink & come back.....everyone adds something to this place.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 09:03 am
Oh, about the handwashing

Oh, about the handwashing rant. I wonder where they observe people not washing their hands? Bathrooms? Somewhere else? I'm just curious. I mean how would you know that?

strib1
strib1 03/03/12 - 09:05 am
with all my bills whichs

with all my bills whichs nobody pays but me...,, i could use some us postal stamps!!!!!!!!!

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 09:07 am
B4 they put their hands on me

B4 they put their hands on me (at hospital)...I want to see them wash/clean their hands....

Yaknow "others" have tried to lure me to other sites....some local..some long distance....BUT my love for uuumm this place jerks me back everytime.....sometimes I get whiplash from the many jerks....I'm kinda dizzy this am as a matter of fact.....THEY emailed this am & made my head spin with the offers..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 09:18 am
SeenIt, oh quit showing off.

SeenIt, oh quit showing off. I could tell you stories along that line, too. I like the other site(s), but this is more immediate. Although I'm on the same page with THEM in our goals, it would take too much work for me to write there as I told them. I admire THEIR hardwork.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 09:20 am
Now wait a second about the

Now wait a second about the handwashing for those in medicine. I believe the standard is to wash hands after seeing a patient, not just before touching a new patient. But if that is the case, I suspect they wash their hands just before the new patient comes in the office because the touching starts almost immediately.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 09:20 am
I'll put MY offers up against

I'll put MY offers up against yours...any day of the week...haha

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/03/12 - 09:23 am
SeenIt, I sent you those

SeenIt, I sent you those offers just to improve your self-esteem.

seenitB4 03/03/12 - 09:26 am
Haha..heh...some things need

Haha..heh...some things need improving BUT it ain't THAT!

Breakfast for GOB & dog.....will ck in later!

Ya funny this am...:):)

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 03/03/12 - 09:31 am
Good Morning ya'll.

Good Morning ya'll.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 03/03/12 - 09:37 am
How the liberals are spinning

How the liberals are spinning this 'contraceptive mandate' is almost comical. Free birth control for all females, paid for by the taxpayer.

I thought Planned Parenthood and health departments already provided
'free' stuff for women. Why does contraceptives and abortion have to
be added to insurance programs?

Since its an election year a 'gas stamp' program could be proposed by
Obama to garner a few more votes?

itsanotherday1
42039
itsanotherday1 03/03/12 - 09:37 am
Dittos. Hope none of our

Dittos. Hope none of our posters/readers have been in the path of this weather.

Officers tell of trauma from taking life

Although every experience is different, officers who take a life often experience severe bouts of depression, alcoholism, marital problems, sleepless nights and feelings of being alone in the ...