News |   Obits |   Sports |   Business |   Opinion |   Things to Do |   Life |   Blogs |   Photos |   Video |   Data |   Jobs |   Homes |   Autos |   Buy/Sell

Rants and Raves

JUST TO REMIND everyone that in July 2008, gas was $4.11 per gallon and we were smack in the middle of a war that ended over 4,000 brave soldiers’ lives and cost billions. Bin Laden was alive and well, and none other than George Bush was leading our country.

TO THE PERSON WHO accidentally hit my parked gold Camry at the 5 O’clock Bistro on Sunday night, Feb. 19, it is not too late to make it right. The owners of the restaurant have my contact info. Thank you.

SURELY THE TEACHERS do not make $275 a day (the article about nine furlough days). I don’t know many Augusta citizens who make this kind of money. Surely there is an error here, or we are paying teachers too much money.

THE ‘CHRONICLE’ reported that about 30 people showed up for the River Glen anti-violence rally, and judging from the photos, many of those were young children. I assume there are hundreds of people living there. The situation will not improve until the community is willing to police itself. Call the police; identify the criminals. They are not your friends.

THE ONLY SPECIAL purpose local option sales tax I will vote for would be for a very large jail. We can’t keep letting violent criminals back on the streets and expect to have a civilized society.

RAVE TO Judge Jack Early for denying bond to Stephon Carter. Anyone charged with murder should not be allowed on the streets.

A RANT FOR THE situation at River Glen apartments. This cannot be solved by police. It is the product of illegitimate babies, welfare mothers and fathers who are nonexistent.

I HIGHLY COMMEND the family of Whitney Houston for making the decision to have her funeral service in the church where her musical roots began. This was very appropriate and more dignified than having an all-out circus show atmosphere. What did not seem right was for Jesse Jackson to be up front and center on the pulpit area.

WHAT A WASTE of time and money for UGA to hold a symposium about the impact of the TV program The Simpsons. The impact is totally negative to society and the beginning of the slippery slope to the disrespectful attitude we see everywhere.

Comments from readers.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/12 - 04:13 pm

One of my favs...Aretha Franklin...hits

I see bj & RM are adding some smiles on the religion thread...

:):)---keep it up guys!!

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/12 - 04:17 pm
GOB is taking me out to

GOB is taking me out to Bonefish this evening....nice martinis--great food...& because I'm "special" to him..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/12 - 04:23 pm
RM said.. you may have an

RM said..

you may have an Andrew Brietbart-like heart attack if you go for a stroll.

You know I thought the very same thing when I heard of his death,.....you know they can punch you with an umbrella end with a poison tip & you can kiss it goodbye....

So many ways to kill....we think alike at times.

samarrington
samarrington 03/02/12 - 04:27 pm
How can Iran or any nation

How can Iran or any nation respect the USA when we have a cream puff, head bowing, appologizing, blame it on someone else for a President? We need a very strong military as only an idiot would pick on the big boy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/12 - 05:00 pm

For the doubters...we don't always need a partner for reproduction......amazing stuff.
Believe it or not.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/12 - 05:06 pm
SeenIt, keep that secret. I

SeenIt, keep that secret. I want women to keep thinking they need men for reproduction. I know Mrs. DeHay taught me in 3rd grade science that earth worms did some kind of "osis" thing where they divided and didn't need a partner, but that was kind of weird.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/12 - 05:08 pm
I'm telling y'all, there is

I'm telling y'all, there is something to that Andrew Brietbart death.

seenitB4
seenitB4 03/02/12 - 05:11 pm
ME keep a

ME keep a secret......funny...read your email st....

seeya later!

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/12 - 05:26 pm
SeenIt, I have no doubt the

SeenIt, I have no doubt the cabal tries to aim the microwaves at our embassies often to get our sinoatrial nodes misfiring.

Riverman1
Riverman1 03/02/12 - 09:24 pm
If Sandra Fluke needs someone

If Sandra Fluke needs someone to teach her other methods of birth control to save money, I volunteer to help.

RunningMan
RunningMan 03/02/12 - 10:16 pm
Gas prices will continue to

Gas prices will continue to go up and down. The prices are affected by a number of things that many will never understand. The best thing the US can do is build more fuel efficient vehicles, look for other choices of fuel and folks stop thinking that bigger is better.

God save America
God save America 03/03/12 - 12:12 pm
when gas prices went up under

when gas prices went up under pres.bush he did things to lower gas prices .when pres. bush was in office he had a five and a half % unemployment. you dem.still want to blame pres. bush for obamas mess he has made .he said unemployment would go down below 8% it hasen't , he has spent more money than all the presidents before him and he wants to spend more money that we don't have.if all the people who are out of work were counted unemployment would be over 15%. canada is going to build the pipe line in places obama can't stop them. maybe we will get a new pres. who will let canada finish the pipeline. obama wants to raise gas to 8.00$ a gallon like in europe.

Property tax jump OK'd

Augusta commissioners broke a seven-year trend Wednesday and agreed 7-0 to raise property taxes by 1.75 mills to cover a deficit and provide employees a small bonus.