Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WENT TO EVANS Middle School and Evans High School and graduated in 2000 from Augusta State University. Like most Augusta natives, I couldn’t wait to break free from this place. Since 2000 I lived and worked in Little Rock, Seattle and southern Maryland. I survived the recession, made friends, went on adventures and never gave Augusta a second thought. Now I’m back in Augusta. No matter where I’ve been or how bad I’ve messed up, the continued support and encouragement from Augusta has been the backbone of my courage to venture out and try new things. So I just wanted to say thank you, Augusta, for supporting me, cheering me on and welcoming me home.

I COULD NOT BELIEVE MY EYES when looking through The Chronicle. There were two different photos of Fred Russell checking his phone instead of paying attention to what is going on at the commission retreat. Cut off your phone and go to work.

HUD: Helping Underachievers Default

IN WALGREENS after just having paid my $7 prescription co-pay, I witnessed a Medicaid customer curse out a clerk because she did not want to pay her 50-cent co-pay. Some people just do not know when to shut their mouths. I felt sorry for the clerk and told her so in front of the Medicaid diva.

WHY ON EARTH WAS the commission retreat held at the Marriott, the place related to the contention of the parking deck? Why on Earth wasn’t the Ramada considered?

THERE ARE A LOT OF smart people in Columbia County. Why can’t they get the local yokels out of leadership and put to work those military, medical and engineering brains to lead?

I AM SO SICK of construction at Augusta National. Work has been going on for eight months-ish, but there is this new pulsing/grinding that starts at the stroke of 7 and has been going on all week.

THE GOVERNMENT SAYS economic signs are improving. Are your personal economic signs improving?

GAS COSTS $4 per gallon, and all that heavy paper, called mail, will get hauled hundreds of miles for no reason. That will increase costs.

RANT TO WHOEVER paved/patched Louisville Road. It’s worse now than before.

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:46 am
Ok guys I'll need something

Ok guys I'll need something from ya today.....this is what I need

If ANYONE is faking it---I will know it!!
(more tests)........seeya later in day

Trouble
Trouble 02/28/12 - 05:38 am
morning all, time to flip the

morning all, time to flip the switch and turn on the lights..........

people wonder why we use this as a chat, we do it because on days like this with rants and raves like these, there would not be any posts if we didnt.......lol

Trouble
Trouble 02/28/12 - 08:08 am
ok, i will turn on the search

ok, i will turn on the search lights for yall, but i dont know what more i can do to help you find this place............

BamaMan
BamaMan 02/28/12 - 09:22 am
Maybe none of my beeswax, but

Maybe none of my beeswax, but in these economic times, why did the Augusta Commission pay a hotel to put them up for a "retreat"? Couldn't they just meet all day at the marble palace and sleep/eat at home?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/28/12 - 10:21 am
Good Morning

Good Morning Everyone!

Seenit, I hope everything goes well for you today, with your testing.
How ironic we are both thinking of Otis Reddings songs this a.m.

I have choosen one for you in Michael Bolton's version, because the lyrics are included and the video is so beautiful. I hope you enjoy it.

Especially for my seenit...

happychimer
19624
happychimer 02/28/12 - 10:43 am
THE GOVERNMENT SAYS economic

Oh yes it has and is improving.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/28/12 - 11:00 am
Good Mourning Awguster... and

Good Mourning Awguster... and Hotlanter suburbanite

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/28/12 - 11:05 am
If I were retired and on

If I were retired and on social security, disabled and getting a disability check, or on some other entitlement my economic signs may be getting better. But I am still working and paying for others who won't work so my economic signs are getting worse. Maybe I should just go to the social security office with 20 years of medical records showing chronic back, knee, and shoulder pain from arthritis. Then I could sit at home all day and praise the Emperor.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 02/28/12 - 12:26 pm
Anyone who says signs are

Anyone who says signs are improving needs to take a closer look. Start with gas prices and work back. Obama "killed" one of the best opportunities for economic growth when he vetoed the Pipe-line deal. With the single stroke of his poison pen, he wiped out over a million jobs, and millions in revenue. Whatever economic improvement may have occurred was wiped out. This will end up being one of his biggest blunders.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/28/12 - 12:27 pm
"Oh yes it has and is

"Oh yes it has and is improving."

No, you just think it is. It's a clever ruse perpetrated by our FED who has the power to print money that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. Look at the prices of groceries. Look at the price of gas. They are not going up. The value of your money is going down. The FED is printing money that is not worth anything in order to cover Obama's doubled debt. Oh it will work for a short time. Probably just long enough to get Obama through the election. But we are well on our way to that $8 a gallon gas and $5 loaf of bread and it isn't due to "inflation". It's due to our money rapidly becoming worthless in the global economy.

gagentleman
gagentleman 02/28/12 - 12:28 pm
roadkill, i just happen to be

roadkill, i just happen to be one of those people depending on disability.after working for years and paying a small fortune in taxes i lost my left leg.i really appreciate you working soooo hard with all your ailments so i can get paid almost one third of what i was making when i was able to work,yes i really have it made trying to make ends meet with alot less money.im sure when you retire someone else will be glad to work so you to can get a check.as far as worshiping an emporer, i would rather do that than vote for a republican who would rather take money from my disability check than raise taxes on their rich buddies,lord knows if we tax the rich and their corporations they will have less money to create CHINESE jobs.let me know when you retire because i would like to be with you when you turn down your benefits.

gagentleman
gagentleman 02/28/12 - 12:45 pm
as far as blaming the

as far as blaming the president for high gas prices ,lets not forget that during KING BUSHES REIGHN gas was as high as 5.50 a gallon.as far as the pipeline is concerned it was being pushed through without a environmentle impact study which is illegal. if you want to pass the blame look to wall street and big oil who use every little crisis as an excuse to raise oil prices. oh and back to the pipeline ,their is a whole lot of new drilling going on in south dakota and oklahoma that it is predicted we will be energy independent in 10 years.so the pipeline is not needed,plus the fact that getting the oil extracted from sand like they are doing is expensive and would not drop the price any.

God save America
God save America 02/28/12 - 01:50 pm
pres. bush had high gas

pres. bush had high gas prices but they went down . some states are paying 6.00$ a gallon under obama so that beats pres.bushs highest gas prices . pres. bush is long gone and obama is in charge of the most money spent than all the president's before him and the highest debt ever.obama stopped the pipe line payed for by canada which would bring down gas cost. canada said today that they are going to build the pipeline to the border between us and them. so we can send tanker ships and trucks to canada and get oil and gas. so there is hussein obama outsmarted again by another leader.

God save America
God save America 02/28/12 - 02:01 pm
to gagentleman there are

to gagentleman there are many pipelines all over this country underground so one more pipe line will not hurt. this pipeline would maybe stop us from buying oil and gas from foreign nations that don't like us and stop sending aid to these country's.

happychimer
19624
happychimer 02/28/12 - 02:10 pm
roadkill my household is what

roadkill my household is what my comment was about.I am not on disability. Yes I get social security, which is not welfare. My husband is still working,because he wants to and enjoys his work. So don't accuse us of being on welfare of any kind. My personal economic signs have and are improving.

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:07 pm
Kids--kids ...can't I leave

Kids--kids ...can't I leave ya alone for 5 mins???
Here it is 3pm & only 15 comments...pitiful just pitiful!!

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:10 pm
Ya gotta get a bigger light

Ya gotta get a bigger light trouble.....they can't see...

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:12 pm
SOOO depressing on here

SOOO depressing on here today.....where are the jokes...the fine music....the laughs...the comics...

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:27 pm

Ya'll need some Jerry Clower ....his examples of a Redneck........& he sez a redneck always has a JOB....:)

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:49 pm

Yeh...I got this drinkin thing to keep from thinking thing....

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 03:57 pm
I have been asked why do I

I have been asked why do I use up so many boxes when commenting.....& I wonder ...are there others standing in line to use THIS box??? Not here at my house.....but still yet I wonder...Is there a limit or quota on comment boxes....AC I want you to tell me if you are running out of comment boxes...
We need to know these things........I might try to save some for future use.

Trouble
Trouble 02/28/12 - 04:02 pm
seenit, i cant find bigger

seenit, i cant find bigger lights

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:03 pm
seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:04 pm
About time ya showed up.....I

About time ya showed up.....I was going to put Clower jokes on here til somebody came on..:)

Trouble
Trouble 02/28/12 - 04:05 pm
yall are welcome....... but i

yall are welcome....... but i happen to like jerry clower

Trouble
Trouble 02/28/12 - 04:06 pm
seenit, hope things went well

seenit, hope things went well for you today

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:08 pm
When have we ever cared what

When have we ever cared what others think about OUR posts.....trouble are we different in some way.....we have the gumption to actually put our thoughts on here & let the chips fall....(now we know that is a song --don't we..heheh)

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:11 pm
duuno nuthin....that's what

duuno nuthin....that's what made me think of J Clower jokes....remember the joke about "Shoot up here amongst us...one of us has got to have some relief"

That's how I feel about the dang tests......they better find SOMETHING to take out cause 1 of us has got to have some relief..:)

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:12 pm
Maybe by the end of the

Maybe by the end of the week....they will decide what parts of me can stay & what parts can go...:):)
I hope I get to keep the important parts..:):)

seenitB4 02/28/12 - 04:17 pm

Charlie Pride........ let the chips fall.....

City Ink: New board means more work for me

First Mayor-elect Hardie Davis will be sworn in, and the very next day the work will begin. Commissioners will meet and the gavel will fall. It will be a brand new day at City Hall.