Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I’M TIRED OF ALL these people sucking the economy dry because they will not learn from their mistakes and improve themselves, and so expect the rest of us to carry their load. Time to just turn off the money and make folks fend for themselves using their own wits and elbow grease. Put in the flat tax so everyone pays equally, then kill welfare, unemployment, foreign aid, child credits, mortgage credits, any
credits. We need to spend money on what we N-E-E-D, not what we W-A-N-T.

I LOVE HOW PEOPLE redefine “fairness.” Economic fairness does not mean you have the right to take what someone else has earned. Fairness means that you have an equal opportunity to earn your own living as you see fit.

TO THE PERSON driving down Gregory Lake Road in an ATV Feb. 15 with NO BACK LIGHTS! I came so close to hitting him that I was trembling all over. After we turned into The Oaks subdivision, I stopped him and told him that if he was going to drive that thing on a busy road like Gregory Lake he needed to get some tail lights on it. I noticed then that he had a 3- or 4-year-old little boy in the front seat with him. I hope you learned your lesson last night!

I HAVE A RANT: How about when you don’t want to leave your comfortable home to go pick up your pizza and have it delivered, how about you tip the driver who brought it?

YOU’RE RIGHT. THE 37 people that were laid off at Club Car would not have happened if a union was there. They would have had to close the whole plant and more than 37 people would have lost their jobs.

I THINK THE Postal Service should shut down mail service to homes on Saturday. It would save a lot of money and those bills can wait until Monday.

LOWERING THE FLAGS IS supposed to be for heroes, not drug addicts and drunks.

CERTAINLY, HIGH SCHOOL JROTC kids should be encouraged, but is it overdoing it to give them more medals than Audie Murphy got in all of World War II?

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 06:51 am
morning all, rants number 1

morning all, rants number 1 and 2, amen....here, let me turn the lights on for yall....

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/27/12 - 07:12 am
Thanks, Trouble. I was

Thanks, Trouble. I was stumbling down the hallway in the dark.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:14 am
Have we met B4....this place

Have we met B4....this place seems familiar for some reason.....well at least the r/rs are the same tired news.....

GOOD AM to all true Americans reading today!

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:17 am
seenit, that is

seenit, that is discrimination, you should at least say something to the fake ones...........lol

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:18 am
i get to stay home

i get to stay home today!!!!!!!!! the big meanie heads have granted me the next 2 days off!!!

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:23 am
Well ok trouble....Hello Fake

Well ok trouble....Hello Fake Os....:)

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:24 am
I never have liked a fake

I never have liked a fake anything.....I very seldom fake things...almost never....how about you trouble??

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:25 am
i cant stand fake, but i do

i cant stand fake, but i do know a lot of them.......and personally, i dont fake anything either......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:26 am
Rant 1, work for yourself,

Rant 1, work for yourself, you have to be kidding. Just because somebody else made better life choices than I did doesn't mean that I don't deserve a portion of their hard work. I can't help it if I was stupid. Now give me what I deserve. Like the boat that I not just want, but deserve. You worked for it so give it to me.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:27 am
Good Mourning Awguster....

Good Mourning Awguster.... and Hotlanter suburbanites.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:27 am
Do you remember that movie &

Do you remember that movie & that actress was in a restaurant faking something......everyone was watching....I think Billy Crystal was in the movie........NOW that was a good fake job!!

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:28 am
Hello RKIlll.....we know ya

Hello RKIlll.....we know ya are NO fake.....we luv you!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/27/12 - 07:29 am
Oh, come on, everybody fakes

Oh, come on, everybody fakes things all the time. We all lie, too. See, I'm honest enough to say I lie.

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:29 am
lol seenit, that it was, she

lol seenit, that it was, she would have been meg ryan

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:30 am
Flag rant... I agree, just

Flag rant... I agree, just because you are rich and famous does not mean you deserve that honor. Sorry Whitney fans, get over it. That honor is for people like my nephew who died to maintain your right to be an idiot.

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:31 am
ok, i will admit, i fake

ok, i will admit, i fake being nice to fake people..........and since when were faking and lying the same thing?

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:31 am
RM fakes....ohhh say it ain't

RM fakes....ohhh say it ain't true.....:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:34 am
Tipping rant... if you have a

Tipping rant... if you have a good attitude and get my pie delivered in a reasonable time you get at tip. If you don't get tips, maybe you should do a self-assessment of your service.

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:35 am
he is either very good at it

he is either very good at it or not very convincing.........men are usually not good at faking things.........

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:37 am
Yep trouble ...we can always

Yep trouble ...we can always tell....but "they" on the otherhand can't tell. :)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:37 am
I really do NEED that boat.

I really do NEED that boat. It would be a boost to my self esteem. And just think of the enjoyment it would bring to family and friends.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:38 am
I sent yall some good emails

I sent yall some good emails this am...I'm riled about some ....but check the coconut oil email thingy....gob sez it is working for him...

Trouble
Trouble 02/27/12 - 07:40 am
fine rk, you can have that

fine rk, you can have that little plastic boat you were obsessed with at walmart the other day.......

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/27/12 - 07:41 am
SeenIt, that was a great

SeenIt, that was a great video. I've commented before on here after articles on Alzheimer's. It's on the cutting edge, but ketogenic diets and coconut oil do prevent and improve Alzheimer's. Alzheimer's is diabetes of the brain. Glucose can't be utilized by the cells and die. Fueling with ketones prevents this. Mainstream medicine is slowly catching on.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:42 am
BTW...some on here thought

BTW...some on here thought CGee was trying to be real serious on r/rs....not joking around & stuff.....well let me assure you cg does have a funny bone...I have seen it B4....

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:44 am
Well that explains why the

Well that explains why the Island people are soo healthy & alive at old ages....dang maybe gob is right to take that OIL.....plus they eat bananas & fruit of all kind....nuts too.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:52 am
BUT what bothers me is the

BUT what bothers me is the garbage our kids hear from schools......if it is true what the lady sez in the video.....other religions THINK they can brainwash our kids in 10 years.......if you look around you can see some things happening now...some laws changed ...dim I hope we can wake up B4 it is too late.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/27/12 - 07:55 am
Has anybody heard anything

Has anybody heard anything about CG's wife? I understand she was taken the the ER yesterday.

seenitB4 02/27/12 - 07:58 am
No I haven't...I hope she is

No I haven't...I hope she is ok..

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/27/12 - 08:00 am
CG is a blast. I love the

CG is a blast. I love the guy.

Fort Gordon Warrior Transition Battalion closing

Fort Gordon's Warrior Transition Battalion, the second-largest in the Army, is one of 10 military medical units nationwide that will be closed by August 2016, as the number of sick and injured ...