Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MY RAVES TO all of the wonderful people at C21 Larry Miller Realty for their support of our troops overseas by sending cases and cases of hand warmers and to all of the great people of the CSRA who are donating the hand warmers.

RAVES TO RCBOE Media Technology department for the upgrades to the school media centers and for the resources they offer. Our children say that a visit to the media center is the highlight of their school day.

A RAVE TO the Augusta Utilities worker who bought ice cream for all of our students with special needs while on a field trip and all of the chaperones. Thank you, Mr. Hadden! Too often our students are overlooked or shied away from. You made a huge difference for them.

RAVE TO the nice men who stopped the morning of Feb. 8 to help push my Honda Civic off of Washington Road and in to the Eye Care One parking lot. It was so nice to have people come to my rescue in a situation where I felt helpless. Thank you for taking the time on your way to work to help a complete stranger.

IT’S ACTUALLY A GOOD THING this paper posted the salaries online. Now we can see just how underpaid some people were mistreated.

A RAVE for the family who so kindly paid for me and my husband’s dinner at Calvert’s on Valentine’s Day! You truly made our night special and one that we will remember forever. We really do appreciate the kindness that you showed us. Thank You!

I WANT TO SAY thank-you to Jan and Chris, the two EMTs from Gold Cross who brought me out of a diabetic coma at 6 a.m. Dec. 13. I am also thankful to the good Lord for awakening my wife and thankful to her for recognizing the symptoms and knowing we had an emergency.

I apologize for taking so long to say thank you, but it was like a dream seeing strangers in our bedroom and an IV hanging from our fan to my arm, and the first thing I heard was Chris saying to my wife, “If you hadn’t called when you did he would have been a goner.”

THANK YOU SO VERY much and God bless you both for paying for me and my husband’s lunch at Harbor Inn on Valentine’s Day.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 02/25/12 - 09:12 pm
Nice - to have nothing but

Nice - to have nothing but good things to read for a change. God bless all those caring people. We need everyone of them and more. Let's get with it folks.

seenitB4 02/25/12 - 11:31 pm
Check & see if the lights are

Check & see if the lights are out at the other places...thank you.

seenitB4 02/25/12 - 11:50 pm

blame it on RK....he said he liked my music..:)

seenitB4 02/25/12 - 11:51 pm
goodnight now...

goodnight now...

Trouble
Trouble 02/26/12 - 04:39 am
morning all, time to get up

morning all, time to get up and moving.............oh wait, that is just me, ok, the rest of yall get some sleep for me, i need it.....lol

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 05:22 am
trouble thank goodness

trouble thank goodness someone will keep our soc sec checks coming in......but how much longer can a few do it all......thanks for doing your part though...:)
Good am America..

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 05:27 am
I think it is real funny

I think it is real funny about a nascar car with Rick Santorums name on it ....just wonder now if Romney & Newt will buy some space somewhere at nascar.... they could try to outdo each other...hey...maybe that is what nascar is hoping to happen.....hey the good ole boys are smarter than ya think...:) (thank goodness)

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 05:28 am
Once my good ole boy hubby

Once my good ole boy hubby was told by a golfing buddy that he was smarter than he looked.....I couldn't stop laughing....gob didn't see the humor...hehheh...

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/26/12 - 06:13 am
Good Mourning Awguster... and

Good Mourning Awguster... and Hotlanter suburbanites.

Should I post the link to Santorum's car again?

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 06:24 am
You can post anything ya

You can post anything ya want...just me/you on here...hahah

This man has fantastic music....almost forgot how great it is!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/26/12 - 06:29 am
But I am gonna go back to

But I am gonna go back to bed. Maybe go back to sleep would be a better choice since I am still in bed.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 07:32 am
People posting too early are

People posting too early are just being indecent. What's wrong with y'all?

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 07:39 am
. indecent - not in keeping

. indecent - not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society; "was buried with indecent haste"; "indecorous behavior"; "language unbecoming to a lady"; "unseemly to use profanity"; "moved to curb their untoward ribaldry"

whatcha mean indecent....I've been accused B4...lol

anyway...you meet the qualifications of posting here.

Just ain't fittin....just ain't fittin...
(I'm glad Scarlett didn't listen to others)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 07:41 am
SeenIt, you are so obsessed

SeenIt, you are so obsessed with Gone With the Wind, I fully expect Yankee cavalry soldiers to ride up to your house one day and take you away.

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 07:47 am
What would YOU know about

What would YOU know about being obssessed????

Right now I think I'm obssessed with Percy Sledge....I can't STOP playing his music.....I might have to play it ALL DAY!......not on here though...for myself..

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/12 - 07:48 am
Good Morning (I'm almost

Good Morning (I'm almost ashamed to say) America.

When an anti-American Commander In Chief Apologizes to a country for the killing of 2 of our Americans in Cold Blood, is one sick puppy. Of all the destructive acts this "it" has done in the past almost 4 years, this is the most despicable act done to this great nation. Anybody that follows or support this type of thinking are doing nothing but supporting the destruction of America. Any other president would make Afghanistan the largest desert in the world.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 07:50 am
Good morning, George. I don't

Good morning, George. I don't get that either. The CG over there is working hard to keep the guys calm. They rightfully want revenge. This is just plain wrong to kill our people and protest even after we have said no disrespect was intended.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 07:51 am
SeenIt, why do I feel like

SeenIt, why do I feel like you wouldn't be so put out if those Yankee Calvary Bluecoats showed up at your door?

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 08:00 am
Scarlett could work with

Scarlett could work with them....might be able to use them at the sawmill......can't be choosy when ya need a good worker ya know....

Cgee I feel your pain....we try to bring the wasteland of the war up to todays standard.....can't be done imo....the people are living in yesterdays time.....100s of years ago.....we can't change the mindset in a few years...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/12 - 08:03 am
B4, I have a 1968, "Gone With

B4, I have a 1968, "Gone With the Wind" Collector's Edition, I & II, Bound in Genuine Leather with Gold Print by Margaret Mitchell. I bet you would like that.

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 08:04 am
OK CGEE....what's the trick

OK CGEE....what's the trick ....ya know I would....soooo what's it gonna take???
Put the answer on here biiiig boy..LOL

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/26/12 - 08:04 am
George, it's just a

George, it's just a continuation of the apology tour he started right after he was sworn in. In this case he needs to be more PC and say "It's your fault"

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/26/12 - 08:09 am
I am not trying to make this

I am not trying to make this a religious debate, but why is it that if a Bible is burned that is freedom of speech. If it is a sacred writing of any other faith it is blasphemy???

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/12 - 08:13 am
RK, I'm just brain lost

RK, I'm just brain lost trying to understand why so many walking among us has allowed this anti-American, Marxist, SMCICBHO to still be in office, destroying this country from the minute he wakes up to the time he knells on his rug before going to sleep. This America has never seen a change like it has in my 72 years of life..God, Please do something to save my Grand Kids.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/26/12 - 08:22 am
I like this, stole it from

I like this, stole it from another blog....

I must have missed the news broadcasts where POTUS has apologized to the Christians who have had their churches burned, pastors murdered, co-worshippers beaten, raped and dismembered by multitudes of Muslim extremists in many countries around the world. The military has outlawed the carrying of Bibles or religious displays anywhere in our Islamic allies' sight.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/26/12 - 08:26 am
Chances are most people don't

Chances are most people don't know that chaplains have to remove any religious insignia from their uniforms. Unless of course it is Muslim. Even on US bases. And of course we agreed to it since it was the PC thing to do. I agree more and more with the saying "Everything I need to know about Islam I learned on 9/11"

seenitB4 02/26/12 - 08:32 am
River said... SeenIt, why do

River said...

I hope ya realize that Cobalt came from the other side of the Mason/Dixon line......we just made him one of ours..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 08:34 am
We've been repeatedly told

We've been repeatedly told Obama never practiced Islam after he left Indonesia at about 10 years of age. When he went to Pakistan when he was in his 20's and stayed with the Pakistani family for awhile, I'll bet he did. It would be interesting to talk to those in Pakistan who remember him.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/26/12 - 08:36 am
SeenIt, there you go. Because

SeenIt, there you go. Because I KNOW how you feel about CG. If he would blue suit up and ride up to your house it would be like Evil Knievel's girl getting on the back of his bike at the college and riding away with him into the sunset.

Census: Augusta young adults struggling

A new report shows that young adults in the area today are better educated and on average, earn more money than 30 years ago, but are far more likely to be unemployed, unmarried and living with ...