Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

TEACHERS HAVE LOST training days because of furloughs. Other counties across Georgia have used “webinars” during faculty meetings to replace training in common core standards. BUT not Richmond County. We are paying for substitute teachers to come in for numerous days so hundreds of teachers can go to training. What is this costing the county? RCBOE never uses logic when it comes to spending money.

IF YOU ARE A proponent of recreation in Columbia County as a public service, now is the time to start speaking up. If the question were, “Is the Recreation Department in Columbia County better off than it was just over 14 months ago?” then the answer is a resounding NO.

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT, for: $4 gas, $5 trillion added in debt, unemployment, pro-abortion policies, allowing gays to openly serve in the military, stopping the Keystone pipeline, saying no to drilling in Anwar, the terrorists running rampant in Iraq, cutting the military, taxpayer-paid Hawaiian vacations.

WHAT IS WRONG with the Chief of Police in Thomson. Do they need M-16s? They must plan to blow the people away. The only people who should be using M-16s are at Ft. Gordon.

LET’S NOT FORGET Whitney Houston’s rendition of The Star Spangled Banner – probably one of the best. Then we have Roseanne Barr and her rendition, and who has recently announced running for president?

CITY COMMISSIONERS AND Fred Russell can’t do their own jobs so they are going to hire an efficiency expert to do it for them? Typical.

A 17-YEAR-OLD takes a shot at his mother and shoots at police and gets 7 years. Another teenager shoots a rival and gets 10 years. Judge Overstreet strikes again.

SOUTH CAROLINA, please hurry up and pass a tough immigration law like Georgia did. North Augusta is completely overrun with illegals.

ACCOLADES TO Dr. Wayne Frazier, principal of Glenn Hills High School. His compassion and caring for his students again shows up with the Taste of the World showcase that was held recently at his school. He cares for the kids and that makes for a difference.

Comments (91)

Pu239
Pu239 02/23/12 - 10:33 pm

Rant number 4....Do you have

Rant number 4....Do you have any concept about escalation of force? I didn't think so.

Retired Army
Retired Army 02/23/12 - 11:51 pm

Talk of Brenda Lee's

Talk of Brenda Lee's fantastic voice mkade me thuink of this beauty gone so early in 1996 at the age of 33:

Retired Army
Retired Army 02/23/12 - 11:55 pm

And now that you've had some

And now that you've had some reflection it's time to WAKE up Augusta!

bertiegavin
bertiegavin 02/24/12 - 01:11 am

When are we going to admit

When are we going to admit that the gas and oil companies are terrorists. They know we need fuel to run our country right.They are gouging us as they go. No Gas or Diesel, no Goods, no Jobs, Period.

Trouble
Trouble 02/24/12 - 01:44 am

morning all, it is once again

morning all, it is once again time for me to get ready to go to work, but tomorrow, i get to act more like a normal person and sleep in all the way to 5.........w00t

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:33 am

Rant 3, I would like to add

Rant 3, I would like to add some of Bill Cosby's feelings.

I'm 74 Except for brief period in the 50's when I was doing my National
Service, I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for some some serious health challenges, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:34 am

I'm tired of being told that

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who
don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:35 am

I'm tired of being told that

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:36 am

I'm tired of being told that

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia, New Zealand, UK, America and Canada, while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:37 am

I'm tired of being told I

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global
warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:38 am

I'm tired of being told that

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:38 am

I'm tired of hearing wealthy

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all
parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful
mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting
caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:39 am

I'm really tired of people

I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:40 am

I'm also tired and fed up

I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck them selves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves un-employable and claiming money from the Government.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:41 am

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 74.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and her children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 03:53 am

I too am tired and 72. I'm

I too am tired and 72. I'm tired in trying to make sense on how American Citizens can allow this Marxist King SMCICBHO continue to destroy the greatest nation in the world. The only conclusion I can come up with is that Aliens from another world have landed and are eating up the brain cells of many of our citizens.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/24/12 - 03:56 am

What George said.

What George said.

CobaltGeorge 02/24/12 - 04:09 am

RK, This is for you, "Keep

RK, This is for you, "Keep Them Rolling". Have a good one.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/24/12 - 05:44 am

Great stuff, George!!! You

Great stuff, George!!! You had a productive night.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 05:58 am

CGEE.....I can't post while

CGEE.....I can't post while I'm clapping......you da man.....!!!!

No wonder I love ya sooo.

:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:01 am

River....I think Cgee had us

River....I think Cgee had us at "hello".....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/24/12 - 06:04 am

Seenit, yep, he was throwing

Seenit, yep, he was throwing out what lots of Americans believe. I'm out of here for a few hours. See y'all.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/24/12 - 06:12 am

A thought before I go. Power

A thought before I go. Power is impressive. In Augusta it even affects our justice system. We see it tap dance and allow some of the guilty parties to go untouched even though we all KNOW what happened. David Fry gets a slap on the wrist and back to business in Augusta, GA of figuring out ways to get the taxpayers' money. Some days you just want to stop reading the paper.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:20 am

Yep....power is

Yep....power is impressive....heck I bet they could make a banner plane go "poof" if they wanted to......know whatta mean....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:23 am

I bet they can make my

I bet they can make my computer go "poof" too.........& Riverman they might turn you into a tiny little stream...

carcraft
20896
carcraft 02/24/12 - 06:32 am

George, I think you need a

George, I think you need a nap, you seem pretty tired!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:41 am

carcraft.....Here is his

carcraft.....Here is his secret!

Tots
Tots 02/24/12 - 06:44 am

Good Morning to everybody...

Good Morning to everybody...
It's off to work i go....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:47 am

Just wondering....If we had

Just wondering....If we had posters named "Tiny little Stream" would they automatically be River's offspring??

If we had some called "Been There Done That" (because my mama has seenitB4) would they be my offspring??

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/24/12 - 06:51 am

"Little Flattened out

"Little Flattened out Possums".....could be Roadkills younguns....

Augusta man gets life without parole in killing

Jonathan Lee Felton, 23, was convicted in Richmond County Superior Court of murder and weapon charges for the Oct. 25, 2010, shooting death of 22-year-old Eric "Easy" Wright.