Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

THE WATERWORKS DEPARTMENT is stealing from us. My wife and I were out of town for two weeks. We live by ourselves in Knight Woods and our water bill went up $6.

SUNDAY ALCOHOL SALES will not stop “nip” houses in Richmond County. That’s where people go for just a drink (a nip). They don’t want or cannot afford a bottle. They drop in to get a drink of vodka or whiskey and are off. Some are underage and get a beer. The cops know where these nip houses are. There are several in Harrisburg.

I AM A REPUBLICAN and Obama hater and I so say what I mean, but the paper won’t print it. Now ain’t that something?

TO THE PERSON who thinks we should fix infrastructure to create jobs rather than allow the Keystone pipeline: Private industry pays for the pipeline. Guess who pays for the bill for infrastructure?

I WISH PEOPLE IN this country would wake up and see where Obama is leading us. He is spending us into bankruptcy so the people won’t have any choice but to depend on what he says.

RAVES TO MR. ETHAN at the Regions Bank in Harlem, Ga. He is so nice and polite. When you walk in, it is a breath of fresh air. He is always kind and caring.

allhans
allhans 02/22/12 - 01:45 am

museofsatie
museofsatie 02/22/12 - 01:44 am
"WHAT DO THE GRAMMY awards

"WHAT DO THE GRAMMY awards have to do with music? I think Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Ella Fitz­gerald would be rolling in their graves."

I think Sinatra, Martin, and David would be too drunk/high to give a hoot. Fitzgerald too, possibly. Regardless, you have a point. The Grammy awards really mean nothing.

Trouble
Trouble 02/22/12 - 02:51 am
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the

i thought that obama was indeed a man, if he is not, then what exactly is he?

Trouble
Trouble 02/22/12 - 02:53 am
I AM A REPUBLICAN and Obama

perhaps you are using words that the paper does not consider appropriate for all viewing audiences?

Trouble
Trouble 02/22/12 - 02:55 am
morning all, i am off to work

morning all, i am off to work now, yall play nice.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/22/12 - 04:30 am
"LET ME GET THIS straight:

"LET ME GET THIS straight: You are against abortion but you don’t want birth control either? You just don’t want a woman to have a chance, do you?"

I love this Rant! What we need is a candidate who is anti-sex!
I am so sick of hearing Santorum talking about religion this and religion that. Obama's not really a Christian is what he wants to say soooo bad but he knows he can't so he had Franklin Graham say it for him. Obama is a Muslim because his father and grandfather were Muslim and so Obama is what the Quran calls the seed. Then Graham goes on to say that Romney's not a Christian because of all the "Weird Other stuff" that mormons believe. "Then there's Newt with all his marriages." That leaves us with holier than thou Santorum who is the only logical choice.
Horse chips!
I wan't a President who's going to lead the country not the morning prayer.

tanbaby
tanbaby 02/22/12 - 05:06 am
well said shrimp!!!!! the

well said shrimp!!!!! the last line says it all...i guess we foolishly think that is what the presidents job is...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/12 - 06:30 am
shrimp....Your intelligence

shrimp....Your intelligence is showing up all over this place....you amaze me in sooo many ways...luv ya

Have a great day trouble!

Hello CSRA!

carcraft
carcraft 02/22/12 - 10:47 am
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the Republicans blaming Obama for all the sin in the world today. Man is to blame, not Obama, so you so-called Chris­tians don’t blame him. Pray for the wicked people. Well Obama told us he could fix the economy, keep unemployment below 8% by spending $800 billion dollars, and solve social issues from health care to cooling the earth. We hired him and now all we get are excuses and buck passing? If you hired a plumber to fix a leak and your house still has leaks do you blame the plumber you hired to fix the leak or do you blame George Bush, The tsunami, China, Greece, Iran, and how complex your plumbing system is, the congress, the Republicans , the courts etc, etc, etc?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/12 - 07:11 am
Everytime I read about

Everytime I read about another crime story on here this song comes to mind----on-- on--- on.....same story, different day.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/22/12 - 07:15 am
Good one Carcraft! Morning

Good one Carcraft!
Morning Seenit and River wherever he is. I've been up writing most of the night so I'm wired on coffee! In fact I'm going to have to make another pot pretty soon because the wife gets up at 6:30.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/12 - 07:24 am
HIya shrimp....forget about

HIya shrimp....forget about river---I'm the imp. one here...hehheeheh just kidding Mr RM....Mr Special somewhere......anyway he might be fishing ....
I'm hyped too with coffee...need another pot to really put me in the zone!!!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/22/12 - 08:00 am
Seenit I just sent you some

Seenit I just sent you some more of my new book.
I'll send you some of my novel Dangerous Sands which has some history of Charleston.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/12 - 08:06 am
shrimp...I got it & I thank

shrimp...I got it & I thank you...kiss-kiss

Today I'm going to make Doctors RICH...all day probably---funny theeeng about docs & lawyers.....we fuss about them but when we need them we want them ASAP!
Now if they can make me feel & look 25 again....I'll pay them BIG TIME $$$....GOB would too he said..:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/22/12 - 08:18 am
To all posters this am...even

To all posters this am...even AC folks----Sean & your beeeeg boss!

seeya later!

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/22/12 - 08:31 am
If my doctor could make me

If my doctor could make me look and feel 25 again I'd marry his daughter!

David Parker
David Parker 02/22/12 - 10:21 am
Rant to the Water Co:

Rant to the Water Co: happens to me too. funny how it works, the less you use, the more it costs. Idk how they do it, ahem. But make no mistake, I am pro-h20.

Rant about the Nip Houses: SHHHHhhh. you're just going to make it harder to grab a quick one on Sunday.

Mr. Ethan Rave: You are the wind beneath my wings this morning.

HAH, morning ranters and lest we forget, ravers!!!

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/22/12 - 10:29 am
If the Emperor does get

If the Emperor does get elected again (by buying votes at $7000 per), who is he going to blame the last 4 years on???

Good Mourning Awguster

twolane
twolane 02/22/12 - 11:05 am
well i hate to say this but a

well i hate to say this but a human doesnt have to have sex to survive i have hundreds of friends that got pregnant on the pill....if a woman or man seriously does not want kids dont have sex

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/22/12 - 11:09 am
Susan McCord said last

Susan McCord said last night on her tweets that were posted here that Bowles Construction Company was Joe Bowles private company. I don't think that's accurate.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/22/12 - 11:18 am
It is my understanding that

It is my understanding that Bowles Construction Company is owned by Joe Bowles’ brother, and that Joe Bowles has only recently been hired by the company to be an accountant or comptroller or something like that. Remember that by next January, Bowles will be a private citizen and no longer a city commissioner.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/22/12 - 11:22 am
Commenting about water rates,

Commenting about water rates, David Parker wrote:

. . . the less you use, the more it costs.

Yeah, and if you are Forest Hills golf course, you get unlimited water for just a couple hundred dollars a month. Go figure.

Jane18
Jane18 02/22/12 - 11:59 am
And I want a president to

And I want a president to lead my country 'after' he says his morning prayers(works for me every day!).

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/22/12 - 01:43 pm
LOL, Jane18, after shrimps

LOL, Jane18, after shrimps comment I thought, why can't he do both. Have his morning prayer and then lead this nation.

tcowan13
tcowan13 02/22/12 - 01:45 pm
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED of the Republicans blaming Obama for all the sin in the world today. Man is to blame, not Obama, so you so-called Chris­tians don’t blame him. Pray for the wicked people, I agree with this statement 100 percent.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/12 - 01:59 pm
I think the ownership of

I think the ownership of Bowles Construction is Joe's cousins or uncles, not him or his siblings.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/22/12 - 02:05 pm
Harley, that's what I

Harley, that's what I thought, too, but Susan McCord presented it as HIS private company. The reason it's important is because of the company involvement with the Fire Dept problems in the past. Of course it was just a fast entry on Twitter that was printed here. Understandable error.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/22/12 - 02:14 pm
And to think someone dislikes

And to think someone dislikes me so much they want me to put a plastic bag or something over my head...heh, heh, heh.

harley_52
harley_52 02/22/12 - 02:15 pm
I think you are correct, RM.

I think you are correct, RM.

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.