Rants & Raves

POLITICIANS OF North and South Carolina have worked 18 years to establish their common border, and they’re still not finished. It sounds absurd until you realize government is involved.

ELEANOR PASCAL’S article in The Chronicle on Sunday is disturbing in that it shows what a drain on the American people immigration can be. Immigration to America should require that immigrants be able to support their self and their family. They should know and speak English. Illegal immigrants should go home and take their babies. Medicaid, food stamps, free school lunches, free cellphones and others are overloaded. The unemployed Americans should be required to work on the farms, motels, etc.

SHAME ON THE administration at Blythe City Hall for making me move my camper. I’m homeless and both my father and mother have passed on.

AMEN TO Don Turner about his letter to the editor.

WHAT A MEMORIAL to Truemaine Jones on the front page of The Augusta Chronicle. I need to start saving wine and liquor bottles and beer cans for my memorial someday.

IF YOU THINK your constitutional rights have been abridged and your children’s future has been put in jeopardy the past three years, just wait to see what will happen if we re-elect this current regime. The liberals in office want to fundamentally change America from the land of the free and the home of the brave to a totalitarian, socialistic state where no one is free. Remember this in November.

RANT FOR OUR government. You had better end all the entitlement giveaways like Medicaid and food stamps. Mercedes-Benz may run out of cars.

ANOTHER RANT ABOUT red-light runners – those who speed up to beat the red light. It is getting worse and more dangerous and if allowed to continue it will become a common practice, much like speeding on Bobby Jones and other streets. Sheriff Strength should set one day a week or set some schedule where his deputies go all out on stopping this dangerous practice.

RANT TO THE person who shot the dog near Keg Creek. You should have been charged with animal cruelty in addition to the gun charge. The dog was not a threat to you. YOU were the threat!

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND how a homeless man would have a laptop computer. The money spent on the computer could have been used to support himself.

carcraft
carcraft 02/20/12 - 06:47 am
There are the red light

There are the red light runners and then there are the green light obstructionists. These folks sit and watch a green light for 30-45 sec before they start to pull forward (some times I even have to honk) before they come out of the daze from the wonderment of a green light. Then they inch forward. The driver of the car in back of them sits and watchs, entranced by the drama, not moving. After the first car is safely throught the green light he inches forward. This process is repeated until the light has been yellow for a period of time and just turned red. Then two or three cars bolt throught the red light like sprinters in the olympics. A total of maybe 6 cars ahve made it throught the red light!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 07:27 am
Yep shooting a dog like that

Yep shooting a dog like that is the act of a coward....:(

Now I wonder where that homeless man plugs in his computer.....he probably reads us on here for entertainment on the cheap..

I hope we don't disappoint..:) I know shrimp won't disappoint him..

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 07:52 am
Ok some won't like what i'm

Ok some won't like what i'm saying here...

Police trawled daily through student websites run by Muslim student groups at Yale, the University of Pennsylvania, Rutgers and 13 other colleges in the Northeast. They talked with local authorities about professors in Buffalo and even sent an undercover agent on a whitewater rafting trip, where he recorded students' names and noted in police intelligence files how many times they prayed.

Asked about the monitoring, police spokesman Paul Browne provided a list of 12 people arrested or convicted on terrorism charges in the United States and abroad who had once been members of Muslim student associations, which the NYPD referred to as MSAs. They included Jesse Morton, who this month pleaded guilty to posting online threats against the creators of the animated TV show "South Park." He had once tried to recruit followers at Stony Brook University on Long Island, Browne said.

"As a result, the NYPD deemed it prudent to get a better handle on what was occurring at MSAs," Browne said in an email. He said police monitored student websites and collected publicly available information in 2006 and 2007.But documents show other surveillance efforts continued for years afterward.

"I see a violation of civil rights here," said Tanweer Haq, chaplain of the Muslim Student Association at Syracuse University. "Nobody wants to be on the list of the FBI or the NYPD or whatever. Muslim students want to have their own lives, their own privacy and enjoy the same freedoms and opportunities that everybody else has."

Because of their monitoring NY has been fairly safe since 9-11.....they have found some info. that prevented bombing........I say GOOD FOR THEM......if we can have Senators on the FBI list we dang sure can have these punks too. IMHO

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 08:08 am
I'm thinking of writing a

I'm thinking of writing a song....My House has Gone to Hades since This addiction to Yo!!!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/12 - 08:10 am
SeenIt, you are too much.

SeenIt, you are too much. Heh.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 08:12 am
I think I can use most of the

I think I can use most of the words in please Help Me I'm Falling...

like pls help me i'm falling.... over the trash in my house....etc. etc.

:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/12 - 08:15 am
You better not show up on the

You better not show up on the Hoarders TV show.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 08:18 am

The real version of that great song......& yes I'm addicted to my friends on here...I'll admit it----yall are my downfall--if I show up on hoarders just remember yall caused IT!!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 08:30 am
I do have toooo many

I do have toooo many books/mags....my daughters have threaten me & will put me somewhere "nice" they say......away from humans they say....with a nice picture window to look out.....with ducks in the pond & birds singing nearby.....they say I will be happy there...
dunno about the happy part....so I might just do what they told me to do while I still have some mind to work with....they can be tough on seniors.....:).....LOVE YALL if yo reading babes...

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 08:43 am
I just read LLambs post about

I just read LLambs post about gov. taking land for highways & etc.----so I wonder if the gov. wanted to run a highway through (lets just say) Jones Creek homes...could they w/o a lot of hassle......I mean money talks ....so really what can the residents do in a case like that??

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/20/12 - 08:54 am
SeenIt, I'd guess the people

SeenIt, I'd guess the people of Jones Creek would be paid fair value for their houses. In Hyde Park it's the politics at work. Lack of money may have been the case there as vote buying came into play.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 09:07 am
Some headlines in AJC... Ala.

Some headlines in AJC...

Ala. immigration law ...they are returning to Ala. after fears of mass deportation subside
Eliz. Smart marries in Hawaii----good for her..hope she has a good life.
Attack on Iran won't be that easy---(no joke sherlock)
New maps stir old divisions...Atlanta parents question how quality, race, class will drive redistricting.....(some things never change)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/20/12 - 09:11 am
Hey, Carcraft, your 5:47 post

Hey, Carcraft, your 5:47 post was a good one. There is a strange traffic light at Washington Rd. and Belair Rd. in front of Lowes. If you want to make a left turn onto Belair to go to Rhinehart's, that left-turn arrow is green only two or three seconds. It makes for some interesting driving.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/20/12 - 09:19 am
Hey, Seenit, here is another

Hey, Seenit, here is another song about what might happen if you post too much here:

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 09:23 am
River said ... With these

River said ...

With these proposed highways, we are talking so far in the future, trips to Mars will be commonplace for weekend get-aways.

By the time Mars gets a Motel 6---you won't need it!!

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 09:27 am

Theeengs have gone to pieces LL....I don't know why your post didn't pick up---but I'm reposting it cause it is a goooood one! thanks.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/20/12 - 09:44 am
Yeah, I've forgotten

Yeah, I've forgotten something about HTML. I'll have to go look at my book when I get home.

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/20/12 - 09:57 am
The unemployed Americans

The unemployed Americans should be required to work on the farms, motels, etc.

Amen to that--get them off the sofa and make them work for their check from our paycheck. The entitlement crowd that has been on the dole for so many years.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 02/20/12 - 10:17 am
Good am

Good am JRC....

this another great by jones....I have to do some time in this house...so seeya later...:)

RunningMan
RunningMan 02/20/12 - 11:13 am
Once again the uninformed is

Once again the uninformed is posting negative comments about matters they simply have no clue. If you think most of the unemployed in this country are setting on the sofa waiting for a handout you are dead wrong. They are mostly middle class workers that have run up on hard times for one reason or another. It just hard for them to give up their toys (flat screen, Benz, Harley, etc.)

daphne3520
daphne3520 02/20/12 - 11:30 am
CarCraft: AMEN to that!!!!!

CarCraft: AMEN to that!!!!!

corgimom
corgimom 02/20/12 - 11:34 am
Rant #1- If you know your

Rant #1- If you know your North and South Carolina history, you'd know that the border has been in dispute for nearly 300 years, off and on. And yes, it's more important than you think. Who would you pay taxes to? Who would you call if you needed police or fire? Whose laws would you follow, North Carolina's or South Carolina's? Where would you file your state tax return? Where would your children attend school? If you needed to take someone to court, what courthouse would you file it in? What courthouse would your mortgage and deed be filed in? What county gets your property tax?

This was long overdue, it's finally coming because of modern technology. The old border was established by things like "The oak tree on the corner of Joe Blow's land" and the oak tree hasn't been there for 150 years.

What becomes critical is water rights, like those of the Catawba River, which runs along NC and SC. Both sides want it. Rivers shift over time, and both states want their side to have more river than the other.

Doesn't seem so absurd now, does it?

David Parker
David Parker 02/20/12 - 02:42 pm
Yall all look so groovy

Yall all look so groovy today.

I'm on a rave only diet so get use to it.

happychimer
happychimer 02/20/12 - 03:50 pm
The sky is so blue today, and

The sky is so blue today, and it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. David a rave only diet sounds good.

filemite
filemite 02/20/12 - 05:26 pm
I'll admit, I'm guilty of

I'll admit, I'm guilty of occasionally trying to speed up to beat the red light. However I'm mostly pretty good about stopping at yellow. But I'm from Savannah and I definitely notice the difference...We here in the Augusta area are much worse about trying to beat the red light. Mostly because we lose...terribly. I don't know, they say you're absolutely supposed to stop at yellow light. What about when it turns at that precise moment when you hesitate to stop or keep going? I say keep going, if it's between skidding out of control/getting rammed by the driver behind you or running the light. Wouldn't that be safest?

filemite
filemite 02/20/12 - 05:44 pm
I have a SCATHING RANT

I have a SCATHING RANT against people coming off 520 East who block the intersection near the mall on Wrightsboro. I initially gave it the benefit of a doubt and figured it was because you can't see around the corner where cars are stopped at the red light, but I learned from experience that you absolutely CAN see cars stopped under the overpass if you LOOK AHEAD... It's all about paying attention! I have waited through 2 red lights in a row behind cars blocking that intersection. You know those signs up there by the lights? "DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTION"? Yeah, they're there for a reason!

Willow Bailey
20580
Willow Bailey 02/20/12 - 06:55 pm
David, it's so hard to

David, it's so hard to disagree with you, cause you are sooo sweet.
But I must confess, sometimes, I do. Not here, but somewhere else. I'm sorry.

pdixiedog
pdixiedog 02/20/12 - 08:11 pm
I'm commenting on the article

I'm commenting on the article in today's paper about the teacher at Harry Garrett Elementry School who has to work 2 jobs because of the furlough days she is required to take. According to the Ga. Dept. of Audits website, she earned more than $47,000 this past year, even with her furlough days. What about the state employees who earn half of what she earns and have to work two or three jobs to make ends meet? We haven't had a payraise in over 4 years and get furloughed too. Yet many of us earn $25,000 or less. Why is it teachers get all the publicity about having such a hard time with the state budget cuts?

Tots
Tots 02/20/12 - 10:00 pm
Amen to your 7:11pm post

Amen to your 7:11pm post pdixiedog....

Longtime Red Devils coach honored

LINCOLNTON, Ga. - Larry Campbell slowly walked into the stadium like he had done countless times before. But on this night, Campbell walked out of his stadium.