Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THIS IS FOR THE mothers who leave their children in the playground area of the new Columbia County park and go walking around the track. They are leaving their most prized possessions. Someone could just come in and take their children. Please, mothers, don’t leave your children there.

COMMERCIALS these days are being made by children for children to watch.

A BIG RAVE TO a lady at the Circle K on Furys Ferry Rd. When I asked for directions to a school for my grandson’s basketball game, she not only gave me directions, she took me there and I followed her. It was a wonderful gesture. There are still nice people in this world.

THANK GOD FOR Michelle Malkin. She is right on the money.

I LIVE IN HARLEM, GA. Thank God that we are free in this country. Imagine how it is in Iran and China and places you can’t even call the Rants & Raves.

A RAVE FOR pharmacist Brent at Barney’s in Wrens for being so nice and understanding to his customers.

I’M A DISABLED veteran from the Vietnam era, and I had to buy my own house. I’ve been living on disability for half my life. How about the rest of us disabled veterans? How about giving me a house?

IF YOU ARE GOING to be out and about in a situation where you don’t feel safe, buy some pepper spray. It’s not very expensive and they come in cute little cases. You can keep them on your pocket book or in your pocket.

SEN. MCCARTHY SAID the U.S. State Department was “riddled with Communists.” Liberals and the media attacked McCarthy, who, as it turns out, was absolutely right. The problem has grown; look at our present government.

WE CAN FIGHT LIKE mad to help the president lead our nation toward economic fairness. Or we can let Newt and Mitt seize the White House and Congress - and hand it over to the 1 percent.

RANT TO CLUB CAR for the layoffs. Never would have happened with a union.

allhans
allhans 02/16/12 - 07:27 pm
General Motors is a union,

General Motors is a union, bless their hearts, and even though they, GM, still owes us 20 billion dollars, they are giving their employees an average bonus of $7,000.
I think we also own 30% of stock in the company so we are paying twice?
There is one thing you can count on. Democrats will never let a little thing like debt get in the way of handouts.

Pu239
Pu239 02/16/12 - 08:46 pm
Hey Shrimp....I remember

Hey Shrimp....I remember Jeremiah...Jeremiah was a bullfrog! (rimshot)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/12 - 10:36 pm
This county just ain't right.

This county just ain't right. Pringles, a company that sells carb laden potato chips smothered in high fructose corn syrup and fat, was bought for $2.7 BILLION. Really, it just ain't right.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/16/12 - 10:39 pm
Pringles are disgusting. I'd

Pringles are disgusting. I'd rather chew paper.

Jake
Jake 02/16/12 - 10:45 pm
Good for you Willow, I think

Good for you Willow, I think Pringles are made from recycled paper with salt added. Nasty. If we want to cause harm to Iran or other countries then we should send them massive amounts of free Pringles and Cheetos.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/16/12 - 10:50 pm
And we just can't end our

And we just can't end our evening on that note, so let's try a little of this.

One of my favorites... To Jake and et al...

Good night, Y'all...

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/16/12 - 11:00 pm
Willow, I listened intently.

Willow, I listened intently. I have to represent the et al's. Beautiful song.

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/16/12 - 11:15 pm
I already told

I already told you....River..."You're more than a number in my little red book...." That trumps all the et als!

Jake
Jake 02/16/12 - 11:23 pm
Nice rendition, but I like

Nice rendition, but I like the Ray Charles version better.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/17/12 - 05:22 am
I'm with you Jake.... ole

I'm with you Jake.... ole Charles has him beat many times over! :)

Mayor's race historic, controversial

Hardie Davis is still waiting to take office after winning a mayoral race that featured no white candidates and saw one of his opponents drop out the day before the election.