Rants and Raves

Comments from readers:

ONE REASON JURIES let criminals walk is because judges give the juries instructions that must be followed, and often those instructions leave an otherwise reasonable jury no choice. Remember, justices and judges are politicians, too.

AFTER NEARLY a full year of Syria’s dictator slaughtering his own people, Obama/Hillary finally got around to closing our embassy in Damascus. Why so slow, Obama?

I FEEL FOR THE young man on the first page of the Metro section on Feb. 7 at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center. Malachi is 9, not a little child, and I think it was in poor taste to publish this picture.

WHAT DOES ONE have to do to get help with cars going down Pineview Drive too fast? It is a cut-through to miss the light at U.S. Highway 1 and Lumpkin Road. We have small children who get into the road before you know it. When we complain, no one seems to take it seriously.

AFTER CAYCE VICE was killed, people kept calling on more to be done for domestic violence victims. If the victims themselves won’t call the police, what else can be done?

I HOPE THE Republican circus is not winding down. We need more laughter in this world after the latest murders here. Mitt and Newt, we need to hear your spats.

FISKER MOTORS, recipient of a $500 million “green energy” loan from Obama’s Depart­ment of Energy, is laying off employees. I guess that was money well spent!

THE MAYOR’S ARTICLE in the paper was right on target. He correctly referred to the silly Facebook pages of so-called activist groups; however, they’re more than just silly. The six or seven “activists” who monopolize the dialogue on the “Augusta Today” site pepper their comments with lewdness, sexual double entendres, and other unbecoming language. To the casual observer, this provides rather meaningful insight as to their mindset and credibility.

SO FOREIGNERS don’t necessarily like the U.S. Constitution. Who the heck cares? Americans like it – everybody but power-grabbing politicians, that is.

I THINK THAT IT is hysterically funny that the IRS is using UPS to deliver a large number of forms instead of using the U.S. Postal Service.

kmb413
kmb413 02/12/12 - 11:31 pm
Rant 1, look up jury

Rant 1, look up jury nullification.

allhans
allhans 02/12/12 - 11:50 pm
Fisker Motors: Apparently not

Fisker Motors: Apparently not enough rich people wanted to pay $102,000 for a "green car.

KSL
KSL 02/13/12 - 12:26 am
Green energy research needs

Green energy research needs to be based on viability, not government subsidy. I'm not opposed to green energy. It just needs not to take extra green from us taxpayers to exist, a fact lost on the Obama administration.

KSL
KSL 02/13/12 - 12:30 am
allhans, if I were rich

allhans, if I were rich enough to pay that much for a car, I definitely would not pay for one of those stupid green cars. That's exactly where they lose the battle. Why doesn't Obama ride around in one of those non reinforced little green cars and set an example for us. He has called for sacrifice on the part of the American people and pray tell, where has he sacrificed one iota, or Michele and her friends?

mike71345
mike71345 02/13/12 - 02:13 am
For the Rant (or Rave?) about

For the Rant (or Rave?) about the Mayor's article–if it's lewdness and double entendres that destroy credibility for you, but shady land deals and cronyism do not, then all I can say is that you'll swallow anything.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 04:41 am
Waiting, waiting, is a

Waiting, waiting,
is a endless remark,
and whilst we're both living,
how can we wait?
There was a time when,
I thought I saw the end,
but I know I can't see it,
now I've come do far.
And eagles flying,
couldn't have taught me more,
I've forgotten what us both,
were even fighting for.
The burrow is melting,
but into something more solid,
when water is finally drained,
it must go somewhere,
and eagles flying,
could not have taught me more,
what I have learnt from you,
and I'll always want more.

Rebecca Stansfield

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/12 - 05:53 am
SeenIt, is up entirely too

SeenIt, is up entirely too early, soaring like an eagle already.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 05:59 am
Ya never know what an Eagle

Ya never know what an Eagle can do....

Busy day here---My geek on computers will teach me some new tricks....Lordy i need them.....he will even lower his prices because he wants $$$ for Valentine Day...wow..

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/12 - 06:00 am
Busy day for me in the other

Busy day for me in the other world. Y'all tell Augusta crime and corruption to wait until I get back later today.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 06:04 am
I'm happy to say that last

I'm happy to say that last night at the assoc. meeting we had an Alpha male in charge......you know the kind....ex football guy.....he took charge-we didn't have any talking back--he listened....he was nice to all---& he made a lot of sense.......i think his ideas will work .......just what we needed to change things ......finally...a man with a plan.........they are hard to find.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 06:06 am
Go make some $$$ & keep my

Go make some $$$ & keep my soc sec checks coming in...I need to buy some property....great time to buy yaknow.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/12 - 06:08 am
You gotta stop hanging out

You gotta stop hanging out with those guys at the association meetings. Yeah, I think it's a good time to buy anything, too. Although I recently took a break in the market after a good run-up. Later.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 06:16 am
Like I said.....men like this

Like I said.....men like this guy are hard to find...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 07:34 am
Shrimp......We need another

Shrimp......We need another GWTW book......maybe this time it can be based in Charleston SC......another Rhett character...think about it.....I bet you can do it...romance & the beautiful town of Charleston..

We have some posters on here that would make great characters in your book....I bet you know the very folks I'm thinking about........you need some smart know-it-alls & some sweetness to balance the plot.....some gun fighters & dare devils...I'll help you. :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 07:38 am
Sean would have to be a big

Sean would have to be a big landowner--overseer of a big plantation.....:)

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 02/13/12 - 07:57 am
One reason that a jury will

One reason that a jury will let someone off the hook is because the prosecution tries to go for something that they cannot prove. If they do not have the evidence to PROVE it (even if you "Know" they're guilty of something..). I sat on a jury of a road rage case where the guy was accused of brandishing a weapon at his foe. It's been quite a while now and I cannot remember what the exact wording of the charge, but since they never found a gun we could not convict him of that crime- even though he had terrorized his victim. When you're deliberations, they remind you that you have to look at the CHARGES. Are they guilty of THAT specific charge. They could have been found guilty of a multitude of other things but were never brought to trial for those things... I hated that the guy in my case got off... hated it.

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/13/12 - 09:03 am
KSL wrote: Green energy

KSL wrote:

You were on a roll with a lot of great comments yesterday, KSL.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 09:18 am
Hi LLamb......:)

Hi LLamb......:)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 02/13/12 - 09:40 am
Good morning, Seenit. I was

Good morning, Seenit. I was so busy over the weekend that I didn't join the online crowd. I'm getting caught up today. Since I'm not a Whitney Houston fan, it was a slow news weekend for me.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 09:47 am
Yeh...I missed you on

Yeh...I missed you on here....my geek will be here in a few mins---honestly this toshiba has a mind of its own sometimes....faster than a speeding bullet....has skype 7 i didn't even know that when I bought the dang thing.,...I don't know how to skype..do you?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/12 - 09:52 am
Good Morning America. Just

Good Morning America.

Just time for one post....

A man without PC and a Father of my heart...Too bad we don't have more!

allhans
allhans 02/13/12 - 10:05 am
Obama presents his budget

Obama presents his budget proposal:
The Obama budget seeks $360 billion in savings in Medicare and Medicaid mainly through reduced payments to health care providers, avoiding tougher measures..."

This is addition to the 500 billion deduction already in in Obamacare.
Obama cutting more from Medicare-Medicaid. Say it's not so!

Patty-P
Patty-P 02/13/12 - 10:05 am
Rant #1 is on to something.

Rant #1 is on to something. From what I've seen the judicial system in Augusta is warped. There is no justice really and the judges do what they want. I've not seen anything like it anywhere else.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/13/12 - 10:06 am
allhans. give him another 4

allhans. give him another 4 years and there will be no Medicare-Medicaid.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 02/13/12 - 10:18 am
The best parts of Obama's

The best parts of Obama's cuts to Medicare-Medicaid is that he's able to blame the republicans for the cuts....

And the folks actually believe it!

eb97
eb97 02/13/12 - 11:21 am
@mike, you said it all right

@mike, you said it all right there man. Love it.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/13/12 - 11:47 am
Cgee...GOB loved your

Cgee...GOB loved your video....now he says he is going to do that to mine....so thanks a lot cgee......:):)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/13/12 - 06:37 pm
When is Joe Neal's Jr. going

When is Joe Neal's Jr. going to court about the 18 year old girl?

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 02/13/12 - 07:14 pm
Of course no one wants

Of course no one wants speeders on their street and hopefully something can be done about it, but why would anyone allow children to get anywhere near the street? Children should be under your control; not in the street. Drivers, fast or slow, are not likely to see a small child in the road until it is too late. Too many blind spots in a driver's field of vision.