Rants and Raves

THERE IS NOTHING to stop Warren Buffett to pay more than his tax liability. So, Warren put up or shut up and stop trying to dictate tax policy for others.

I READ THAT North Augusta Public Safety assembled their SWAT team to apprehend a teen (with a violent history) “OUT ON BOND” for shooting, attempted murder. What are our judges thinking, how could this man not be determined to be a threat to the public? We have had three local law enforcement officers slain with two of the murderers being out on bond. Maybe changes are due for the court systems that keep putting these thugs back on the streets. Can judges be charged for gross negligence?

CONGRATS TO North Augusta Public Safety for winning the local SAC Award.

THE AUGUSTA Commission has “air rights” to the parking deck?! It may be more accurate to say they have “air heads.”

JOSHUA JONES may have mental issues but he’s not insane. Jones knew what he was doing when he made the decision to shoot two innocent victims. It would be a total injustice to conclude that Jones is not fit to stand trial because of insanity.

ARIZONA GOV. Jan Brewer is one tough cookie. I applaud her for standing up to Obama and speaking her mind concerning the border issue. Obama claims the border is secure, but Gov. Brewer states otherwise.

DO I DESERVE to be penalized for working hard, careful spending, saving money and investing wisely? Apparently the Obama administration thinks so. Totally Unfair!

DO YOU THINK it’s possible that Dr. Azziz could remove at least a few of his many pictures that adorn the walls of GHSU?

countyman
countyman 02/08/12 - 12:39 am
Glad to hear about private

Glad to hear about private investment occurring in South Augusta.. The Bi-Lo on Tobacco rd/Windsor Spring and Peach Orchard rd were both renovated in November of 2011.. The Taco Bell at 3104 Peach Orchard rd will begin it's makeover shortly.. Don't forget Dennys is supposed to be opening a 24hr restaurant somewhere along Peach Orchard..

I'm sure once the widening of I-520(Gordon Hwy to Deans Bridge rd) start construction this year.. The long rumored South Augusta shopping center with Target, Ruby Tuesday, and Chick Fil A shopping center will come into play in the near future.. The Windsor Spring/I-520 corridor has the land available for this type of development.

Augusta will have the 115 acre Village at Riverwatch, Wheeler Town Park, urban market Walmart, Augusta West Plaza(renovate Regal Village theatre, Let Jump kids play center, etc) 25 acre shopping center/10k sq. ft Shoppes at Dyess Park all pick up steam by the end of 2012 and 2013..

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/08/12 - 03:36 am
"WHY SHOULD Romney’s religion

"WHY SHOULD Romney’s religion cause concern for voters? It is obvious they had no concerns over Obama’s lack of religion."

Religion has no place in politics. I don't care what my candidate believes as far as a deity is concerned as long as he has the good of the country at heart. The ranter has a lot of GALL claiming he knows Obamas heart. What an ego!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 02/08/12 - 05:55 am
Good Morning Shrimp and RK.

Good Morning Shrimp and RK.

David Parker
David Parker 02/08/12 - 06:56 am
ranter 2. "perps out on

ranter 2. "perps out on bonds" . The time is way overdue. Come up with alternate means of rehab/penalty for non-violent offenders and make room to imprison the violent ones and for humanity sake, don't release them before they finish their sentence. Judges are immune from prosecution i'm sure but if they are negligent they can be removed. Just takes alot of pressure I guess.

Religious PResident ranter: IF there has ever been a president who hasn't mentioned the Lord or invoked God then I apparently haven't been paying attention. Does them saying "God bless America" make them a religious or virtuous person? Not by itself. Pres. Obama hasn't shown any indication he is less religious than W. Measure the person by their merit all you want but consider the mention of God as part of the template.
good mornings all around.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/08/12 - 07:33 am
Morning Willow! How ya been?

Morning Willow! How ya been? Wonder where seenit and River are

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 07:37 am
Weeel.....someone sure keeps

Weeel.....someone sure keeps up with us...LOL

You are cute shrimp...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 07:41 am
First things

First things first.....

countyman...I bet that South Augusta is jumpimg up/down over the new GROWTH.....wow...a Dennys/Taco Bell......sure ........thanks for some jobs BUT where are the big restaurants....big business....PUT the real growth in S Augusta ....bring the poverty groups up to par...
You are playing games with their tax $$$ & you know it!

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 07:43 am
shrimp...Have you been typing

shrimp...Have you been typing all night>??

Can't sleep......all alone.....singing the blues...

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 07:45 am
seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 07:55 am
We all know the border is not

We all know the border is not secure...Jan Brewer is tough but she can't fight the Federal government all alone......it really is an up hill battle for all the border states..:(

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:01 am
Good morning to all my

Good morning to all my friends and enemies. What would I do without you. For anyone interested, my talk went well yesterday. Here is a secret for anyone who has to give a speech. Arrive early and go through your anxieties while listening to others talk or whatever. Even comment here and there so the crowd gets to know you a little bit and you get to know them. Then just speak in the same tone, natural, when you begin your speech.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 08:01 am
I'm getting a little tired of

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about Warren Buffet too....he is filthy rich....he can now go fishing & enjoy some of the bucks he paid...but he won't I betcha....he probably lives to work/just like Steve Jobs......wow...I betcha that's the reason they made the $$$$....amazing how smart I get just fooling around with the folks on AC...some real smarties on here......I bet they're still in bed right now just dreaming of ways to make $$$..:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:01 am
Of course, a special good

Of course, a special good morning to SeenIt and Willow.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/08/12 - 08:08 am
How did you know I was typing

How did you know I was typing all night seenit?
I have been. I'm working on another book called The Edgefield Sanctuary. Maybe this one will be published. I'll send you some.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 08:08 am
RM....as much as you like to

RM....as much as you like to talk I can't picture you as anxious.....I bet they have to ask you to sit down .......once ya get the limelight it is so hard to give it up...lol :)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/08/12 - 08:10 am
My next book is going to be

My next book is going to be called "Why Riverman is Such a Cool Dude"

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 08:12 am
shrimp....the hex is still on

shrimp....the hex is still on you sweetness......I know what you are doing "most" of the time......yes i would like for you to send me some of your work......you & RM amaze me.......
We underlings are in the midst of "greatness" with you two...one day we will be proud to say "We knew them B4 they were famous."

Horselover Fat
Horselover Fat 02/08/12 - 08:17 am
Lack of religion? I thought

Lack of religion? I thought the right-wing said he was a devout and fanatical Muslim. I don't get it.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:21 am
Shrimp, heh, but I admire

Shrimp, heh, but I admire your book writing pursuits. I have one text book and dabble in fiction. I've been in lots of amateur story contests and won a couple. I entered the short story contest the Morris Museum had last year just for the heck of it, but didn't even get a third place. Heh. All of us should enter the contest this year for fun. I bet SeenIt could put some wild words on the page. Is the Edgefield book about the pottery and slavery? Just a wild guess.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:30 am
I need to justify going out,

I need to justify going out, drinking too much and getting involved in all kinds of things as a way to live material for a book. When someone in the media around here was slamming me pretty bad and talking big about what he would do to me, I invited him down to the bar I frequent near his place when he got off that day. He quieted down immediately and started tap dancing worthy of a 10 year old girl taking lessons at Little Twinkle Toes.

I was bar room brawling in joints catering to sailors off the ships on Reynolds Ave in Charleston (for Shrimp) back before they leveled that street it was so bad. I got in a fight with one guy and the next month I read about him getting a year in prison for killing a guy in a barroom fight, hitting him in the head with a cue stick. The Army was good for me. I'm sure it kept me out of jail or the other side of life, meaning lack of life.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:35 am
Technical question for Sean

Technical question for Sean or somebody. When I sign in these days with my email address and password, the box won't disappear even when I hit the close button at the bottom. It used to work fine, but now I have to close things and get back on the AC. Anyone else having this problem?

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/08/12 - 08:36 am
Yeh...that is

Yeh...that is funny...seenitB4 write a book....novel...truth or fiction...
Some Fire Chiefs /lawyers would run for cover........hehehh

You know they say you always put some truth in what you write about.....even if I made it up the truth would still be more enjoyable.....might even include some of the big players in past Augusta politics...hint-hint

Now I just need a catchy title.....hmmmm..let me think about it..

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 02/08/12 - 08:40 am
riverman, I spoke to someone

riverman, I spoke to someone yesterday that was having that problem. Can you send me an email detailing exactly what is happening and which web browser you are using?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:40 am
Shrimp, remember the

Shrimp, remember the Charleston Police Chief who was found shot to death in a presumable suicide right after he had done a live TV interview show? There has to be material in that for a novel.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/08/12 - 08:40 am
Good Morning America, My

Good Morning America, My Friends and (like River said) My enemies too.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you walk up the steps to the building which
houses the U..S Supreme Court you can see near
the top of the building a row of the world's law
givers and each one is facing one in the middle
whois facing forward with a full frontal view
...
It is Moses and he is holding the Ten
Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two
huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments
engraved on each lower portion of each door.

DID YOU KNOW?

As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above
where the Supreme Court Judges sit, a display of the
Ten Commandments!

DID YOU KNOW?

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the
Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington ,D.C.

DID YOU KNOW?

James Madison, the fourth president, known as 'The
Father of Our Constitution' made the Following statement:

'We have staked the whole of all our political
Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for
Self-government,upon the capacity of each and
all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves,
to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of
God.'

DID YOU KNOW?

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a
paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the
taxpayer since 1777.

DID YOU KNOW?

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were
members of the established Orthodox churches in
the colonies..

DID YOU KNOW?

Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep
their authority and instead of Interpreting the
law would begin making law an oligarchy the rule
of few over many.

How then, have we gotten to the point that everything
we have done for 220 years in this Country is now suddenly
wrong and Unconstitutional?

Religion seems to be the main topic in politics right now, too bad our King SMCICBHO and his cronies don't want to believe this great nation was founded on "In God We Trust"

Horselover Fat
Horselover Fat 02/08/12 - 08:41 am
Unfortunately, religion will

Unfortunately, religion will play a part in this election, as the right-wing media will make sure it does. For eample, Gingrich's claim of Obama's assault on religion because of the enforcement of providing birth control in health insurance if accepting federal funds. Don't like it, don't take it. Religions suck up taxpayer money, but do not want to be held responsible for answering to the public. My church takes federal funds for running a pre-school, and we cannot say we want to be exempt from discrminiation policies for students or teachrs. Same with health insurance.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/08/12 - 08:43 am
Sean, I'm using Widows 7

Sean, I'm using Widows 7 without virus protection. It's a new problem. Bascially, what happens is the screen just stays up after I log in. Thus, I have to reenter the Chronicle to get it to go away. (I thought maybe it would help others just to answer here, but you can email me privately if you would rather. I know you have my email address...heh.)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/08/12 - 08:43 am
Actually it's about 3 13 year

Actually it's about 3 13 year old kids who were bullied at school so they decided to quit and hide out in the woods during school hours. They end up having their share of adventures while on the truancy lamb. I just sent seenit the first 4 chapters

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 02/08/12 - 08:44 am
Good Morning seenit. And

Good Morning seenit. And David,

Countymam , why do you credit the city for private business ventures? You act like the Mayor is responsible for starting them. I would just like to see some good fiscal and moral iresponsibility shown to the duties of good goverent for All of the taxpayers..

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/08/12 - 08:46 am
Are we giving Target a 10

Are we giving Target a 10 year tax incentive to encourage them to do this thing? South Augusta needs all the help it can get. It's not enough to tell us they are thinking about it. Somebody needs to get in there and actively promote the retail for the south end with incentives like they did for Costco.

I hope you are right countyman. We will take the Denny's too. Not exactly fine evening dining but pretty good food for a fair price and they've got a decent hamburger.