Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

FIVE ADULTS IN a restaurant, same table, good service, NO TIP. HOW CHEAP can some people be? No, I wasn’t the waitress; I was at the next table.

A HUGE RAVE for James and Alicia! They gave comfort and care to my daughter last Sunday when she was hit in the head. There are not enough words to express what you did means to our family. We are grateful to you from the bottom of our hearts!

REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES do not need to fight among themselves. They need to focus on major issues and how they can restore this country.

RAVE TO COACH Jimmy Link of Paine College for getting The Augusta Chronicle to post the SIAC Basketball Standings. By the way, you are doing a great job with the team.

AS FAR AS MCG goes, it is a maze that exhausts one even to get into the main building. God help you if you park in the wrong garage and then find out elevators in the other areas are out of order because of construction which forces you to walk another mile to find your destination.

A RANT ABOUT the lack of security in the parking deck at University Hospital. My father was up there for four weeks and every night when I left, it was after dark, and I had to walk to my car by myself. I asked several times when I went to leave at night if I could get security to walk me to my car, and they never were available to do so. Something is definitely wrong.

ANOTHER DEDICATED law enforcement officer, Master Cpl. Sandra Rogers, of the Aiken Dept. of Public Safety, has lost her life at the hands of a criminal who should have been locked up in jail.

PLEASE SPARE ME from hearing that Joshua Jones had been going through “mental issues.” I also have some “mental issues” and I try to do my best to deal with them each day.

I LIKE WATCHING THE COMMISSION meetings, but you can’t see who is talking. Is there any way to rearrange the cameras so you can see who is talking? Also is there any way to have Mr. Russell sit down and stop walking between the camera and the commissioners?

WHY SHOULD ONE veteran get a new home built for no cost when all the other thousands of disabled vets have to buy their own homes and getting foreclosed?

Trouble
Trouble 02/06/12 - 06:32 am
morning all.....to the 6th

morning all.....to the 6th rant, might i point out that if, in that part of town, you were able to walk to your car alone every night for 4 straight weeks, and get there safely, university hospital's security is indeed doing something right.......

copperhead
copperhead 02/06/12 - 07:18 am
Liberals! One that thinks the

Liberals! One that thinks the U.S. is a monarchy and another that backs rosanne (behead the rich that refuse to give up their wealth)barr! No wonder they worship hussein.

allhans
allhans 02/06/12 - 09:30 am
Rant 3..Have you forgotten

Rant 3..Have you forgotten the Barack-Hillary contest in 2008? Hilarious. All the way to June, yet. You should replay a few of the clips.

kmb413
kmb413 02/06/12 - 09:43 am
Good morning. Who will pay

Good morning.

Who will pay for the thousands of homes? Is it so bad that a charity does good for some, but cannot do good for all? Just get rid of the charity because it just isn't fair!!!!

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 02/06/12 - 10:01 am
Our Forefathers never

Our Forefathers never imagined the havoc liberals could wreck with political correctness as their weapon of choice...

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/06/12 - 10:58 am
Where is everybody?

Where is everybody?

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 11:03 am
Good morning. I see liberals

Good morning. I see liberals are talked about this morning. Your profiling is wrong. Not all liberals are the same. Conserves are not all the same either.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 11:07 am
Our new cat is working out

Our new cat is working out good. Callie thinks she owns us.She now has a good home, and she knows it.

harley_52
harley_52 02/06/12 - 11:04 am
TNTHOMSON you hit the nail on

TNTHOMSON you hit the nail on the head.

allhans
allhans 02/06/12 - 11:48 am
Democrats aren't all the

Democrats aren't all the same. Liberals...well maybe.

copperhead
copperhead 02/06/12 - 12:08 pm
Does anyone know why a U.S.

Does anyone know why a U.S. veteran is required to know spanish to work in construction?

Willow Bailey
20605
Willow Bailey 02/06/12 - 12:27 pm
It is true. There is

It is true. There is definitely cause for extra care when parking in University Hospital's parking deck both day and night. I am much more comfortable now, at MCG's deck. Security is visible and there are not hooded punks hanging out.

I've been visiting all week at Athens Regional, where security approached me to offer their services whenever I have to go out at night. I have really appreciated their concern for my safety and comfort.

David Parker
David Parker 02/06/12 - 12:32 pm
hungover shrimp

hungover shrimp

crackerjack
crackerjack 02/06/12 - 02:01 pm
Rant #1 Sometimes when

Rant #1 Sometimes when someone doesn't leave a tip at the table, it could be that they put their tip on their credit card. I know when you are on an expense account, you will not be reimbursed for the tip if it is not on your receipt. I don't know if that is the case in this instance, but you might want to consider this before jumping to conclusions.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/06/12 - 02:16 pm
I forgot about that David.

I forgot about that David. hehe
I'm glad I drank gatorade and ate about 10 hotdogs. Not to mention chips, boiled peanuts (canned), hamburgers, dip, pickles, olives, cheese and about 100 other goodies. I guess it's time to get some exersise but I think I'll wait until I finish all the leftovers!

David Parker
David Parker 02/06/12 - 02:35 pm
I dodged it with a regiment

I dodged it with a regiment of heavy hors d'oeuvre, ibuprofen, and water. But sheer will was what got me out the door. It could have been much worse.

dstewartsr
20393
dstewartsr 02/06/12 - 05:01 pm
RE #1: Probably noticed some

RE #1: Probably noticed some shifty character watching their table while they were paying the bill, and gave the waitress the money directly rather than have it end up in the pocket of a little-bit-too-curious fellow patron.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 02/06/12 - 05:47 pm
HappyChimer - Congratulations

HappyChimer - Congratulations on getting Callie - I know you grieved over losing Lucky for a long time and may Callie now take up where Lucky left off. God bless you for loving animals!!!

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 06:25 pm
Truly it was Hotrod i grieved

Truly it was Hotrod i grieved so much for.She was with us a long time, and we loved her very much. No other cat can take her place, but Callie will have her own place. So now we have Callie and Rambo.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/06/12 - 06:30 pm
Happy, Callie and Rambo

Happy, Callie and Rambo sounds like a pair that are fun to be around.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 06:32 pm
I do love animals. I like to

I do love animals. I like to watch the geese on the pond. Sometimes there are just 2, and then a flock of 2 dozen will be out there on the pond ahving a party. Every summer there are baby geese, and I just love watching the parents teach the babies how to get food, bathe, and walk and swim in a straight line. It is so fascinating.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 06:36 pm
River they are. Rambo is so

River they are. Rambo is so spoiled that he won't shed. He helps me shed him. Callie has seen him, but she just looks away and ignores him.I have a comment that is being held. That filter is no good.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 06:38 pm
I can't even carry on a

I can't even carry on a conversation without that filter holding one or more of my comments.

KSL
KSL 02/06/12 - 06:54 pm
Happy, I have always wondered

Happy, I have always wondered how Hotrod got her name.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 06:56 pm
Hotrod was a stray. She was a

Hotrod was a stray. She was a skinny black cat that arched her back and hissed and growled before she would chase any dog she saw. She ran very fast. Hotrod seemed to be the perfect name for her.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 07:02 pm
We ended up keeping her. She

We ended up keeping her. She had 2 or 3 litters and we had her spaded. We loved her a lot. When I was recovering from surgery, Hotrod stayed right by me, watching me as if it was her duty to take care of me.She even slept where she could see me at night if I got up. She was very special.

KSL
KSL 02/06/12 - 07:17 pm
Great way to name her. We

Great way to name her. We have lenox because we rescued her at a hotel on lenox road in Atlanta. I think we stole her from some homeless person. The hotel people let us keep her in the room after checkout time because we were attending grandparents day at Pace Academy. Till this day if she sleeps with us, she sleeps on my arm/shoulder.

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/06/12 - 07:25 pm
I still believe the man up

I still believe the man up from us trapped her. He pretended to search for her, but I don't trust him one little bit.

TrulyWorried
TrulyWorried 02/06/12 - 07:40 pm
happychimer, so sorry about

happychimer, so sorry about blowing it on the name for the kitty, I knew it was an unusual one but could not come up with it. Main thing is you have given another little creature a good home - God bless you!
My children brought home 2 tiny black cats over a period of years and they each had a happy and long life in our home.

KSL
KSL 02/06/12 - 07:43 pm
We think topaz was trapped

We think topaz was trapped and injured by the trap by a resident who lives 3 blocks from us. At least that is what his neighbor, who found him injured suggested. Topaz never left our yard. He hardly ever left our house. The whole thing is still a mystery.

Daniel Field removes trees, lights structures in airspace

Daniel Field, managed by operations company Augusta Aviation, has spent more than $30,000 conducting land surveys, removing 30 trees and installing red blinking lights on top of the Newman Tennis ...