Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

OBAMA’S DEFENSE cuts will kill Augusta. Fort Gordon will be hit hard – less jobs, less money to spend at businesses, less taxes. It’s coming.

COLUMBIA COUNTY Library needs books? Then stop selling them for a dollar at the Friends kiosk. The ex-library books are in great shape. I get a bargain; your shelves get emptied.

RANT TO THE management at Club Car: 37 people were laid off. Everyone had 20 or more years service there that were cut. Management says they wanted “the most bang for the buck.” They got it, just hope the ones left realize what happened.

AUGUSTA STATE AND GSHU combined should be called UGAA (Uni­ver­sity of Georgia at Au­gus­ta). That is what it is. Naming the school after someone who gives big money to GSHU would be a mistake. Liked ASU and MCG better, but if there must be a combine of the school and both are part of the University of Georgia System, then UGAA would be a better title for the school.

PLEASE, PRESIDENT OBAMA, if you want to tax the wealthy and have everyone pay their “fair share,” implement the Fair Tax now! Those that spend more, pay more (no tax on used goods). Illegals and tax dodgers will also pay into the system; foreigners, tourists as well.

I WANT TO SEND BIG RAVES to Annie and Dr. Oestor at Doctors’ ER! They seem to know what taking care of their patients means. Thanks to you.

AT THE WRANGLER Family Fun Fest, we were treated to several fun events. We were most impressed by the Rhythm and Class Clog­gers who had to perform with just their boom box when the sound guy apparently had to leave. They gave a great performance, and we really enjoyed their professionalism. Whoever was running the team did an outstanding job! Hats off to you!

RANT TO THE PRINCIPAL who told me she couldn’t honor a write-up on a student because other students sided with the student written up. It is a shame when principals don’t have the courage or moral fiber to defend their teachers nor stand up to the parents and the hoodlums they raise.

TO THE PERSON IN Sum­ter Landing whose dog barks all the time: It is a nuisance. Please shut him up.

VNVETERAN
VNVETERAN 02/05/12 - 12:38 am
Rant about Mitt Romney. He

Rant about Mitt Romney. He says Obama's term as President has been a disaster most of the time, but some of the time he says, "Of course things are getting better. Things always get better after a recession." In some places they call that lying. Of course, you can fool some of the people all of the time and a bunch of them live around here. When the blind lead the blind, get out of the way.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 02/05/12 - 01:07 am
last rant--- Isn't it amazing

last rant---
Isn't it amazing that a dog barking all the time bothers everyone except the dog's owners.

allhans
allhans 02/05/12 - 02:08 am
Hopefully, there won't be

Hopefully, there won't be enough time left for Obama to do more damage than he has already done, or if he does, it can be reversed.
As mitt (THE Fixer) said in Nevada tonight, people didn't come to this country for freebies, but for freedom!
So be it. Romney 2012

allhans
allhans 02/05/12 - 03:16 am
I have been led to believe

I have been led to believe that a barking dog is an unhappy, neglected dog. Take a closer look it , it might be the owner who is at fault, the dog probably has no attention at all. A dog requires affection, talk to a dog about anything, they love it. Let them lick your hand, their tail will wag. They don't ask for much.

David Parker
David Parker 02/05/12 - 06:29 am
Or it's a hound dog and just

Or it's a hound dog and just digs hearing themself bark. I talk to mine when they won't shut it. I hold the little muzzle in my hand and tell him if he doesn't hush, i'm going to put it on him. His head lowers and he gets that submissive expression and gets quiet.

for about 20 seconds.

Techfan
Techfan 02/05/12 - 06:31 am
Personally, I'm not a big fan

Personally, I'm not a big fan of used food and and medicine. Also, it's a little tricky relying used gasoline and electricity.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 06:38 am

Ok ...over 50+ crowd you need to read this......don't want to scare you but it seems not all over 50 are sitting in front of a puter & posting all day..

scoobynews
scoobynews 02/05/12 - 06:40 am
Principals today are so

Principals today are so scared of parents and their backlash that often times a kid will get away with just about anything. As long as the parent comes up to the school then rants and raves they get what they want. I have seen it happen in several cases and was absolutely amazed at how the parent got their way no wonder their kids act that way.

Techfan
Techfan 02/05/12 - 06:40 am
ED???????????

ED???????????

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 06:41 am
This sentence jumped

This sentence jumped out----who would've thunk it!!

In addition, sex therapist Ian Kerner points out to CNN that people 50 and older make up one of the fastest-growing age groups taking advantage of online dating

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 06:43 am
I'm not too worried about the

I'm not too worried about the folks on here though...because we KNOW what you are doing..heh

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/12 - 07:15 am
Good Morning America and True

Good Morning America and True Americans.

We haven't had any Country and Western this AM, so lets start it with a little "Johnny Cash" To stay on topic I dedicate it to Rants 1, 5 and maybe even 8,

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 07:25 am
Good morning Cobalt....That

Good morning Cobalt....That should wake them up this am...:)

Techfan
Techfan 02/05/12 - 07:29 am
I'll skip the C&W and take an

I'll skip the C&W and take an Augusta native for my morning music:

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 07:35 am
Steve is nice techfan...but

Steve is nice techfan...but this guy does it for me...

when he was younger he had the voice & his band was fantastic....i think he maybe had too much wine-women & song...:)

Techfan
Techfan 02/05/12 - 07:46 am
Always liked T Graham, Johnny

Always liked T Graham, Johnny Cash too. Can't stand modern "country". Pop with a twang. As an attempted guitarist, Steve is sort of the pinnacle. i've seen him over 100 times and he still blows me away. Technical, fast, and versatile. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_GMvIea6s

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 07:51 am
I don't like the new country

I don't like the new country that much either....old still suits me....but for some reason this song came to my mind today....my ex didn't care for it that much....heheh

Techfan
Techfan 02/05/12 - 08:09 am
That's more in line with what

That's more in line with what I listen to.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 08:12 am
Well tech we are in agreement

Well tech we are in agreement on sooo much today.....what is going on here.......??
:)......I like it.

wondersnevercease
wondersnevercease 02/05/12 - 08:13 am
LOL...finished reading this

LOL...finished reading this paper in about 4 min..........................

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 08:16 am
I guess rm & shrimp are still

I guess rm & shrimp are still snuggled in their bed dreaming of their good ole days in Charleston..(years ago)....back when they had good looks-teeth-slim tummy--etc.
Dream on my sweeties......:)

Jane18
Jane18 02/05/12 - 08:23 am
We like some of the same

We like some of the same music Techfan. I am shocked at some of the normal things we have in common.........................

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/05/12 - 08:29 am
SeenIt, what's up with all

SeenIt, what's up with all this talk about online dating in a negative way? The internet has been great. I learned to day trade in the stock market and lost hundreds of thousands of dollars, I had two divorces, had Riverman's name being thrown around on the radio like I was a dead skunk, had the FBI seize my computer and my phone rings 20 times a day with someone hanging up, but the Nigerian lottery will make up for all that according to the email I just got.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 08:36 am
LOL RM....best laugh this

LOL RM....best laugh this am!!

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 02/05/12 - 08:40 am
Good morning, y'all.

Good morning, y'all.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/05/12 - 08:44 am
A good am to you sweet

A good am to you sweet abby.....:)

David Parker
David Parker 02/05/12 - 08:55 am
Watching Hoffa. Jack hitting

Watching Hoffa. Jack hitting a sweet stride with this role. Good Sunday morning and blue skies. Isn't there a wall of weather heading across the state?

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 02/05/12 - 08:57 am
Hiya Seenit... and CG.

Hiya Seenit... and CG.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 02/05/12 - 08:59 am
A great day to you too, Abby.

A great day to you too, Abby.

Abbynoll
Abbynoll 02/05/12 - 09:01 am
Oh, you are speaking to me,

Oh, you are speaking to me, CG. I thought you didn't love me anymore. No emails, no comments at the other "home". How ya be?

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs