Home   |   News   |   Sports   |   Business   |   Opinion   |   Things to Do   |   Blogs   |   Photos   |   Video

Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

THAT NICE OLD MAN barber shop. Why
doesn’t Augusta’s mayor take some of that hundred thousand he
wants to throw away and get that man his life back?

IS THE NEW OPERATOR OF The Patch going to walk around in a kilt all the time? I may have to learn how to play golf.

A RANT TO Candorville, The Chronicle’s Cal Berkeley liberal political comic strip. It should be moved to the editorial page; I’m sure they would run it.

CHRONICLE, please print, for us all to take, the Georgia Teacher Certification Exam. What an eye opener.

MAGIC CITY, YDC, Warren-Hancock fight – keep covering it up. It will only lead to more dead people.

ADP IS GOOD ENOUGH to create jobs here, but they aren’t good enough to do the city’s business? What a way to run off employers.

WHAT IS DEKE Copenhaver talking about with the $200,000 for the “collaboration center” and creating a “buzz around Augusta”? Sounds to me from reading the crime reports that Augusta has a pretty good buzz on without spending $200,000. Give the money to the sheriff’s office for Tasers, weapons and bulletproof vests.

NO KEYSTONE PIPELINE and thousands of associated jobs? Wait until Obama reacts to his EPA’s latest findings that U.S. power plants are
responsible for the
bulk of the pollution blamed for global warming. Two of the largest “greenhouse gas polluters” are in Georgia, so
be prepared to be
paying more or doing without.

I WORK AT one of the hospitals in Augusta, and I have never before seen patients and family members come in and expect the nurses to cater to them like they are at the Holiday Inn. They ask for everything, and when they ask for more than what they need, they get mad and call the supervisor on you.

We are understaffed and overworked, so the patients need to be a little more considerate of the staffers.

I WONDER WHAT we would be like if the English Pilgrims had never landed at Plymouth.

David Parker
David Parker 02/02/12 - 01:12 pm
Would smoked Gouda work ya

Would smoked Gouda work ya think? I got to get it eaten before there is a problem.

Jake
Jake 02/02/12 - 01:18 pm
That would work as well, in

That would work as well, in fact, it could add a little more flavor. Now you have given me an idea.

twolane
twolane 02/02/12 - 01:33 pm
a man has been operating a

a man has been operating a cash business for years and never was responsible enough nto make sure he had insurance...he has no right to recieve any money from anyone for his own lack of responsibilty...my question is why was he even allowed to be in business with no insurance

twolane
twolane 02/02/12 - 01:34 pm
nurses are nurses and not

nurses are nurses and not your butlers and maids sorry no sympathy you are not their only patient

kmb413
kmb413 02/02/12 - 01:53 pm
ilove: I really hope you are

ilove: I really hope you are not implying that all white people are horrible due to history. Please tell me you are not.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/12 - 02:00 pm
That was it, I'm sure.

That was it, I'm sure. Thanks, Sean....

GuesS_wHU
GuesS_wHU 02/02/12 - 03:54 pm
Here is a 200,000$

Here is a 200,000$ suggestion, let the Augusta Tomorrow group host a "Collaboration Center".

iLove
iLove 02/02/12 - 04:15 pm
@KMB413: No. Context my

@KMB413: No. Context my friend. Context.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/02/12 - 04:24 pm
Dang, David Parker; I'm

Dang, David Parker; I'm trying to save your life and Jake wants to kill you! :)

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/02/12 - 04:31 pm
Ilove, I just found out

Ilove, I just found out yesterday that my early ancestors in this country were indeed slave owners. ( I received a document from a relative detailing our family tree and origins). You know what though? I was privately hoping that would not be true, but it is, and I can't change it. Nor can any slave descendants change it, so it is a moot point for all of us trying to discuss it. At the end of the day, we are all the same person we were this morning.

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/12 - 04:44 pm
I have proof of slave owners

I have proof of slave owners in my family, and at least 2 slave owners were mixed race, black and white.One of those documents is by a dna match.I am not proud of the slave ownership, but it happened.

iLove
iLove 02/02/12 - 05:32 pm
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? I only responded to a comment about Black History Month.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/12 - 05:33 pm
Family gossip says my great

Family gossip says my great grandfather (harley_49) had an eye for lots of women and used to drink like a drunken sailor (that may be because he was a sailor, and often drunk).

I am ashamed as all get out and beat myself up about it nearly all day, every day. I think it's all my fault and I'm terribly sorry I let it go on for so long.

iLove
iLove 02/02/12 - 05:47 pm
Some people really get upset

Some people really get upset when Feb. comes around. . . .why is that? Why is it that @ a certain magnet school in the area you have to discuss famous African Americans AND famous white Americans during the month of Feb. That kind of defeats the purpose, imo.

*Race IS the heartbeat of Augusta, Ga.

raul
raul 02/02/12 - 05:38 pm
@harley_52. LOL.

@harley_52. LOL.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/12 - 05:43 pm
Harley, you had your great

Harley, you had your great grandfather and I had my Uncle Mervin.

I read in a book about my ancestors that one of them in Aiken went away to join the Confederate Army, but didn't show up. So I can say I'm proud of him either way. It depends on who I'm talking to, I can spin he was a hero for going away to join the Confederates or for not showing up. Doesn't bother me one bit because he never came back home. There was less land to divide up when the inheritances started.

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/12 - 05:55 pm
You're lucky, Riverman. Ol'

You're lucky, Riverman. Ol' harley_49 didn't leave anything behind for his ancestors because he spent it all on wine, women, and song. Well, actually I'm not sure about the "song" part, but I'm sure he didn't leave a family fortune behind.....whoops, I mean "after he died." (behind is why he had all the problems in the first place). :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:01 pm
LOL...at Harley &

LOL...at Harley & RM.......nice ancestors..

harley_52
harley_52 02/02/12 - 06:02 pm
iLove said "That kind of

iLove said "That kind of defeats the purpose, imo."

What, exactly, is the purpose?

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/12 - 06:02 pm
"Behind," heh, heh,

"Behind," heh, heh, heh.

SeenIt, actually I kind of like Harley's G Granddad.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:03 pm
Me too RM..:)

Me too RM..:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:06 pm
Why would we be upset because

Why would we be upset because it is February??

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/12 - 06:08 pm
A UFO just crashed in

A UFO just crashed in Columbia County. It kind of fits the Sheriff's Office was called and not the military or something. It's just like in the old movies where the Sheriff out in some Arizona desert town comes up on this scary thing that can turn you into an outline of ashes on the ground. Pam Tucker has it now. She better not push any buttons.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:11 pm
I guess AC reporters will be

I guess AC reporters will be on top of that news RM.....:)

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/12 - 06:13 pm
SeenIt, I am NOT making this

SeenIt, I am NOT making this up. It was on the radio news.

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/02/12 - 06:18 pm
Okay, they said it was an

Okay, they said it was an unknown, strange weather balloon. But I bet that's just a cover-up. The Columbia County cabal. You can't trust them. Someone check the morgue and see if any aliens have been brought there.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:21 pm
Oh noooo....another Roswell

Oh noooo....another Roswell cover-up.......you know they say we have tons of space debris ready to fall from space.....amazing that no one has been killed by the dang stuff.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/02/12 - 06:35 pm
gotta run>>>>>>>>>>>

gotta run>>>>>>>>>>>

Pu239
Pu239 02/02/12 - 08:08 pm
Words of wisdom from

Words of wisdom from PaPa....I spent all of my money on wine, women and song....the rest I just wasted!

happychimer
happychimer 02/02/12 - 09:22 pm
I did not know that National

I did not know that National Prayer Breakfast was this morning in Washington.I only saw one headline, and watched the video to learn about it.