Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

QUIT TALKING ABOUT a stadium. We don’t need that. What this city needs is to be cleaned up.

WHY DOES THE Better Business Bureau have a telephone that they never answer?

A BIG RAVE TO the painted PETA protesters. Animals are not ours to wear. I think they were doing a great job and braving some cold temperatures.

A FEW YEARS AGO while visiting in Alaska, they told me PETA meant People Eating Tasty Animals.

RAVES TO MS. LIZA EMORY of Campania, Ga. She is a wonderful senior citizen who always looks out for other people.

THERE IS A LINE FROM My Fair Lady; it says “Show me, show me.” Obama hasn’t shown me anything. The pipeline was approved. I’m sick and tired of it.

I WANT TO THANK God for our troops coming home, and I thank our great president for ending this nine-year war. I hope you continue to do a good job for this country. He deserves our honor.

TOTAL PRICE FOR airline tickets is a good idea. Now how about the same thing for motels? We don’t need sticker shock at the desk.

THE POLICE NEED a refresher course in driving. They don’t use turn signals, they don’t turn their lights on when raining, they go through stop lights, and they roll through stop signs. I know they are not all on secret calls.

WE NEED TO bring our aircraft carriers home. This is entirely unacceptable that we are trying to provoke another war.

THE COLUMBIA COUNTY Commission has built new county buildings, a new school, a highway department, a health department an animal control. Will the godfathers of Columbia County please put a red light on Long Creek Falls, Baker Place Road and William Few Parkway? The neighbors are tired of having to sit and wait. Please put a red light at that intersection.

museofsatie
museofsatie 02/02/12 - 09:35 pm
"REGARDING THE illegal left

"REGARDING THE illegal left turn off of Walton Way at Woodlawn Methodist Church, people have been making illegal left turns there long before the day-care center was there. I used to get stuck there behind people trying to make illegal left turns there in the 1990s."

Agreed. I lived in the CSRA (North Augusta and Augusta) for over two decades and moved last August. During my time in Augusta, I lost count of how many times I witnessed people making illegal left turns there. Same for the intersection of Central and Highland.

x58dav8r
x58dav8r 02/02/12 - 10:59 pm
Regarding the troops coming

Regarding the troops coming home from Iraq. Don't give a lot of credit to Obama. "All US Forces are mandated to withdraw from Iraqi territory by December 31, 2011 under the terms of a bilateral agreement signed in 2008 by President Bush." OB didn't have a lot to do with it. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_U.S._troops_from_Iraq

KSL
KSL 02/02/12 - 11:25 pm
Of course he's going to claim

Of course he's going to claim credit. He has nothing else to show good for himself during his first term. What a piece of work he is and an example of how stupid Americans have become. He does have handlers and big bucks, big evil bucks, backing him up.

Trouble
Trouble 02/03/12 - 07:32 am
morning all, i think ranter

morning all, i think ranter #7 needs to meet with ranter #10, and they need to get their stories straight and come back and try again.....

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/03/12 - 07:46 am
What is the difference

What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
If you say to a psychiatrist "I hate my mother," he will ask "Why do you say that?" while a psychologist will say "Thank you for sharing that with us."

Once I had multiple personalities, but now we are feeling well.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute.
I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.
The best thing about being schizophrenic is that I'm never alone.
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you!
Hypochondria is the only illness that I don't have.

Yes---yes-yes....we are feeling well this morning.....good am to all readers & watchers....:)

David Parker
David Parker 02/03/12 - 07:48 am
yep good friday morning.

yep good friday morning. Rant 1 - what augusta needs is a good clean-up hitter.... in a ballpark on the river HAH!

I honor Pres. Obama and don't thinks he's as lame as the good posters above. I didn't think W was lame either. Did I become stupid over the last 3 years?

David Parker
David Parker 02/03/12 - 07:51 am
"Just because you are

"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get you!"

u ain't jez whistlin Dixie there.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/03/12 - 07:55 am
Good am Parker.... A blonde

Good am Parker....

A blonde decides to try horseback riding, even though she has had no lessons or prior experience. She mounts the horse unassisted and the horse immediately springs into motion. It gallops along at a steady and rhythmic pace, but the blonde begins to slip from the saddle. In terror, she grabs for the horse's mane, but cannot seem to get a firm grip. She tries to throw her arms around the horse's neck, but she slides down the side of the horse anyway. The horse gallops along, seemingly impervious to its slipping rider. Finally, giving up her frail grip, she leaps away from the horse to try and throw herself to safety. Unfortunately, her foot has become entangled in the stirrup, she is now at the mercy of the horse's pounding hooves as her head is struck against the ground over and over. As her head is battered against the ground, she is mere moments away from unconsciousness when to her great fortune... the Walmart manager sees her and shuts the horse off.

Sorry......I just had to put a blonde joke on here...:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/03/12 - 08:09 am

Now let's come together & sing ....all together now.....sunnyside of life

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/03/12 - 08:20 am

If you are waking up in Dixie.....you are lucky-lucky-lucky!!

raul
raul 02/03/12 - 09:36 am
@fastazzevo. Nothing is free,

@fastazzevo. Nothing is free, my friend.

allhans
allhans 02/03/12 - 09:54 am
Drivers are breaking the law

Drivers are breaking the law when they make a left turn off Walton Way at Woodlawn Church. Then, or now, it is illegal!

Conservative Man
Conservative Man 02/03/12 - 10:40 am
RE: PETA rave,"They were

RE: PETA rave,"They were doing a great job and braving some cold temperatures".......All while wearing leather boots...Hmmmm

raul
raul 02/03/12 - 12:02 pm
@Conservative Man. A pretty

@Conservative Man. A pretty astute observation. I must admit I wasn't looking at their boots!

happychimer
happychimer 02/03/12 - 12:04 pm
probably fake leather

probably fake leather

harley_52
harley_52 02/03/12 - 12:43 pm
probably fake leather. Funny,

probably fake leather.

Funny, mine is not.

happychimer
happychimer 02/03/12 - 01:24 pm
My shoes are not fake leather

My shoes are not fake leather either, but we were not talking about our shoes.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 02/03/12 - 01:39 pm
Ranter number 1, sit tight.

Ranter number 1, sit tight. The city will be cleaned up, around the end of March.....!

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/03/12 - 01:39 pm
Strange about the blood being

Strange about the blood being found at Grovetown and then the unusual weather balloon coming down. We need to keep all this mysterious and get an Area 51 thing going in Columbia County. I'll tell everyone the aliens kidnapped me and took me for a ride. My friends would believe it.

allhans
allhans 02/03/12 - 01:58 pm
Aliens...I like that theory..

Aliens...I like that theory..

raul
raul 02/03/12 - 02:23 pm
@nnaugusta. but only the

@nnaugusta. but only the parts of the city where the touristos go. Ha.

reba530
reba530 02/03/12 - 03:34 pm
THIS IS FOR RANT # 1. IN JUST

THIS IS FOR RANT # 1. IN JUST A FEW SHORT WEEKS THE CITY WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL AGAIN. WE ALL KNOW THAT MASTERS WEEK IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

Riverman1
Riverman1 02/03/12 - 05:28 pm
Can Richmond County get a new

Can Richmond County get a new traffic engineer? This guy is worthless with some of the most poorly planned traffic movement I've ever seen.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/03/12 - 06:33 pm

This is tough to look at....but if you are stealing copper--you need to look..

Clemson halts mandatory student sex survey

CLEMSON, S.C. - Clemson says it has suspended a mandatory survey of students the school says was part of a review to prevent sexual discrimination, harassment and assault.