Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

DON’T BLAME OBAMA for what a herd of rich congressmen refuses to do for us non-millionaires suffering in this economy. They obviously want to pay less than fair taxes in order to throw monies at ferocious ads and the Cayman Islands.

HOW WONDERFUL FOR the 75th anniversary of the Augusta Museum of History! I’ve loved it since childhood. I remember all the rocks, shells, “Mr. Buffalo,” the jars of babies, the various stuffed birds and the copper door of Major Archibald Butt. I shall look forward to seeing this new setup, as I have enjoyed all the displays and Brown Bag lunches I can get to visit.

RANT TO ALL the drivers who believe it’s OK to run red lights. The two locations where I see this a lot are Wheeler and Frontage and Augusta West Parkway and Wrightsboro Road. Let’s write some tickets.

THANK YOU TO the kind gentleman who stopped to help the senior couple with a runaway pickup truck Jan. 15. My husband had surgery at University Hospital to repair his broken leg and is doing fine. I’m sorry we did not get your name in the excitement.

RANT TO THE Hancock County Grand Jury. How on this earth can you not punish these football players for aggravated assault? This is precisely the reason this country is in such pathetic shape. Not punishing these kids will just lead to more of this. Do your duty.

I AM PROUD OF The Chronicle for putting Mel Blount’s picture and testimony on the front page.

TO THE PERSON that said if they could change one thing in history there would be no slavery and they wonder what their country would be like: It’s not your country alone. I wonder what this country would be like if it were not stolen from the Indians because they were here first.

THIS IS A RANT to families who are looking to adopt and have a fundraiser to mooch monies from other people so they can go OVERSEAS to adopt. Here’s a news flash for you good Samaritans: If you’re looking to give a kid a “forever family,” we have plenty of kiddies here in the good ol’ United States you can adopt without incurring the expense of an overseas adoption. Take care of your own backyard first instead of worrying about the rest of the world.

seenitB4
seenitB4 02/01/12 - 04:29 am
Sometimes I would just rather

Sometimes I would just rather read the comments than the r/rs..

carcraft
carcraft 02/01/12 - 05:38 am
Rant one- Sorta like Obama's

Rant one- Sorta like Obama's good buddy Warren Buffet whose company may owe up to 1 billion in Back taxes to the IRS, or the 100 or so White House (Democratic staffers) that owe the IRS over $300,000? Gee, maybe THESE folks should be criticized for not paying their fair share before those who ARE paying their legal taxes!
The other issue is the complete non sequitur. How does the rich paying some ill-defined vague “fair share” keep the government from helping the middle class? If the government can afford to give $124 million to a battery company owned by a rich Russian it should be able to give some money to the middle class to help them.

InChristLove
InChristLove 02/01/12 - 06:25 am
I have to agree with you

I have to agree with you seenit. There sure seems to be a lot of bitter people out there. I'm just glad my joy is not dependant on the things of this world.

For the last ranter... never mind.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 06:43 am
Good mourning Augusta, and

Good mourning Augusta, and Trouble, Seenit, Willow, ICL

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 06:51 am
I guess it's a good thing I

I guess it's a good thing I never claimed to be a good Democrat. I have an appointment to see how much I will be paying in taxes this year. Notice I said paying, not getting back in the form of earned income tax credit and other forms of entitlements tied to tax returns.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 07:05 am
I forgot. Riverman, back off

I forgot. Riverman, back off :)

corgimom
corgimom 02/01/12 - 07:58 am
Hey Seenit, I'm reading

Hey Seenit, I'm reading another good book..."Harold, the Boy Who Became Mark Twain", Hal Holbrook's autobiography. I think you'd like it.

dichotomy
dichotomy 02/01/12 - 09:01 am
Ranter #1.......If you take a

Ranter #1.......If you take a look at all of the shoppers at the mall, all of the people eating out in the restaurants 7 days a week, or all of the cars on the roads you will see that most "non-millionaires" are not suffering at all. The people who are suffering are the unemployed who actually want a job. Those people are being hurt by Obama's policies including Obamacare, his (lack of) energy policy, his constant cry to raise taxes on corporations and investors, and his irrational ideologue decisions on things like building the Canadian pipeline. Meanwhile Obama gives $billions to rich Democrats to build solar panel companies and battery companies which immediately go bankrupt and the money mysteriously disappears. If you want to blame someone for the continued suffering of people who do not have a job, blame Obama and the Democrat anti-business policies.

The people with jobs are doing fine. It's the people who want a job but can't find one that are "suffering". No job has ever been created by taking money away from "wealthy" people, working people, and corporations and giving it to the unions, failed technologies, and the "poor" people (who are already totally supported by the taxpayers).

Now, if you happen to be one of the people who don't work, won't work, and wouldn't work if we gave you a job starting tomorrow, then I can see why you support Obama.

And, oh by the way, the biggest threat to this country is our debt. Check the nation's debt meter. Almost half of that debt belongs to Obama. Where did it go? What did we get for it? Naada, zip, zero. Well......the unions got GM and Chrysler, the rich Democrats got Solyndra and numerous other failed green energy companies, and the gimmee crowed got free healthcare. All I got was the bill. I'm tired of getting the bill. And now my grandkids are getting the bill. They each already owe over $50,000. I checked their piggy banks. They ain't got it. And the way the country is headed, they ain't likely to get it. We are writing checks that our collective rear end cannot cover. It's got to stop.

Bruno
Bruno 02/01/12 - 09:14 am
Rant 1. Did the person in

Rant 1. Did the person in question pay the amount of taxes required by law? If you are referring to Romney, the answer is yes. So given that the law requires him to may "X" percent then he did pay his "fair share". The only way to be truly "fair" is to have everyone pay the exact same percentage in taxes with no loopholes or exceptions. But if you do that then people will complain that a person who pays 10% of 1,000,000 can more easily afford to pay that than a person who pays 10% of 10,000. Once that argument is fielded then it stops being about "fair" and starts being about feelings and emotions. Feelings and emotions are never "fair".

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 09:40 am
National sales tax. That way

National sales tax. That way everybody pays the same, percentage wise. If you buy a Lamborghini you pay sales tax on it. If you can only afford a used Yugo, you pay sales tax on that. What could be more fair? OH silly me. We can't all afford the Lambo. But here is a news flash for ya. Life sometimes isn't fair.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 09:43 am
One more thing. According to

One more thing. According to the Huffingandpuffington Post, our Emperor paid 26% of his adjusted gross income in taxes. Sounds to me like he needs to throw in another 24% since he is a millionaire. How's that for fair?

David Parker
David Parker 02/01/12 - 10:04 am
more rhetoric GREAT! Obama,

more rhetoric GREAT! Obama, Romney, Spongebob it matters not in the least with a bipartisan system that has failed itself.

twolane
twolane 02/01/12 - 10:21 am
so since the indians werent

so since the indians werent doing anything we had every right to steal their land, murder thousands upon thousand of men women and children and move and corral them into small reservations like prisoners...and well if we would had bought the land that they owned they would be the richest people in the world since the indians owned this entire country....please tell me that post was sarcasm

happychimer
19537
happychimer 02/01/12 - 10:34 am
The Indians are still treated

The Indians are still treated bad today. Indians are suing in SD because they have been given 6 days of early voting in the primary, and everyone else gets 46 days. Voter fraud at its worst.

kc fan
kc fan 02/01/12 - 11:05 am
Life is not fair!

Life is not fair!

fastazzevo
fastazzevo 02/01/12 - 11:07 am
Indians weren't here first

Indians weren't here first silly.... Adam n Eve were :D

allhans
allhans 02/01/12 - 11:45 am
Would this country still be

Would this country still be non-industrial if the "natives" had not been invaded by the white man, if they had permitted no immigration? Would it be plain open spaces where the deer and antelope still play? Who knows. It's like "things are better than they would have been if Obama...blah blah blah. One can only assume.
We don't have do-overs in real life. "What if" is a question with no answer.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 02/01/12 - 11:50 am
Who did the indians conquer

Who did the indians conquer to take these lands. I seriously doubt they "owned" it first.

allhans
allhans 02/01/12 - 11:51 am
Rant one said: "in order to

Rant one said: "in order to throw monies at ferocious ads and.." He hasn't seen anything yet. Wait until Obama bombards the airwaves with his millions of dollars in ads criticizing his Republican opponent.
Right now he is using our money to campaign but this is the "lite" stuff, the pregame..

JRC2024
JRC2024 02/01/12 - 12:10 pm
My comment got flagged.

My comment got flagged. Someone is touchy today. Sorry if I offended you. PC is alive and well.

allhans
allhans 02/01/12 - 12:13 pm
JRC..Re-write and try again..

JRC..Re-write and try again..

iLove
iLove 02/01/12 - 12:44 pm
You guys call them "indians"

You guys call them "indians" . . that already shows your lack of understanding of history.

"Indians" were not the FIRST inhabitants of this land.....many, MANY civilations travled here many many centuries ago. You will learn this in nonAmerican History 101.

iLove
iLove 02/01/12 - 12:46 pm
Obama will win. Remember

Obama will win. Remember this comment.

It is setup this way.

bjphysics
bjphysics 02/01/12 - 01:24 pm
iLove: “…many, MANY

iLove: “…many, MANY civilations travled here many many centuries ago. You will learn this in nonAmerican History 101.”

Why don’t you tell us the names of these “many MANY” and give us links?

[You can exclude the Vikings, we all know about them]

copperhead
copperhead 02/01/12 - 01:27 pm
I've already tried to tell

I've already tried to tell y'all the fix is in. There will be record democrat turnout(or so they will say) there will be a sharp decline in republican turnout and the hispanic community will be allowed to vote(citizenship or not) this adds up to hussein in a huge win.

bjphysics
bjphysics 02/01/12 - 01:42 pm
That’s true, I can vouch; I

That’s true, I can vouch; I have been to the Grand Conspiracy planning meetings. George Soros, Saul Alinsky (not really dead, part of our fiendish plot), Bill Ayers, the Global Warming Cabal, and our Vegetarian overlords were all in attendance.

We have a huge under complex that stretches from Glenn Hills to Aiken (below the river bottom) full of minority and non-citizen voters with multiple undetectable fake ID’s. The video explains further:

copperhead
copperhead 02/01/12 - 01:51 pm
Thanks bjphysics for

Thanks bjphysics for admitting your part. Few hussein worshippers would have the courage.

allhans
allhans 02/01/12 - 02:01 pm
It is good to keep the

It is good to keep the locations at a deep throat level, I guess.
But remember, nothing is hidden that won't be revealed.. :D

allhans
allhans 02/01/12 - 02:08 pm
The Indian tribes were the

The Indian tribes were the first settlers of this land as far back as we know. There was no one here for them to take the lands from. They moved in, unhindered. If there were others,the stone age, etc., they were long gone before the Indian settled here.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 02/01/12 - 02:44 pm
I was here first. Now all of

I was here first. Now all of you get out of my country.

Historic building on Laney campus demolished

The demolition of the 89-year-old Cauley-Wheeler building on the Lucy C. Laney High School campus is over, but the plan for a building that will act as a link to the former site and its story has ...