Rants & Raves

Comments from readers.

NO ONE HAS been indicted in the football brawl where the winning Warren County coach was smashed with a helmet. Why would a winning coach hit anybody except in self-defense? If nobody is caught for this travesty, it’s just one more example of the current madness and American justice down the drain.

GEORGE WASHINGTON would turn over in his grave if he knew that a male United States congressman was planning to marry another man.

I SWEAR, IF Repub­li­cans loved Big Oil any more, they’d name their kids Conoco Phillips and Exxon Mobil. Big Oil just posted multibillion dollar profits – again. What are Republicans in Congress doing? Filibustering a jobs bill. Refusing to make the millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share.

RANTS TO THE ranter who dislikes all the happy and fun online commenters. Life’s too short to be such a stick in the mud. Laugh – you might find you like it.

PLENTY OF nonlibrary city employees were slighted by no raises; don’t forget them.

HA HA FOR THE Re­pub­lican comedy show. Now we see why Mitt and company wanted so badly to not tax themselves more when they are multimillionaires. So Mitt puts his money outside the U.S. Why on Earth should he be an American president?

THE RIVER IS A precious resource that should be preserved, and I believe in the work of the Riverkeepers organizations across the nation.

I GET NO COMFORT from knowing that Ron Cross and Doug Batchelor “are taking care of business” and “looking out for our best interest.”

A SADLY MISDIRECTED ranter claims the tea party wants tax breaks for the rich rather than creating jobs. Alas, what a sad ignorance of basic economics.

FAVORITISM AND cronyism have interfered with fairness in Columbia County. They give unfair advantage to people or companies that do not merit this treatment. This practice undercuts the transparency that should be a part of our local government.

RANTS TO DEKE Copenhaver. No more Ripken ballpark talk. What is the matter with these guys? Drop it and fix up the city with the $35 million.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:09 am
RANTS TO THE ranter who

Finally......one of our thousand raves sent in was actually published...wow...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:11 am
Actually we do have some

Actually we do have some southerners named "Big Oil".......usually they are just farmers though......they just want folks to think they have oil.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:12 am
The more I look at the r/rs

The more I look at the r/rs ...I think riverman wrote some of them....:)

Didya??

carcraft
carcraft 01/31/12 - 07:16 am
Rant 3- What are the

Rant 3- What are the Democrats doing? I swear If they loved failed green energy businesses any more they would name their Daugthers Solyndra and their sons Fisker Motors..The oil company profit margian is around 8%. The reason they post big profits is because they put risk big money. Why aren't you complaining about the billions wasted on The Energy Department loans to rich white guys who go bankrupt? One of the richest 75 men in the world got $124 million dollars in tax payers money for the green energy battery company Ener1. Ener1 was mentioned as one of Obama's green energy (we have partnered with a high tech battery company) success in the state of the union address. Ener1 has filled for bankruptcy like Solyndra!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:16 am
The rant sez... RANTS TO DEKE

The rant sez...

ok ....the truth is this......They will get the ballpark & you will learn to like it..........have you ever been hit over the head enough that you finally said....ok, I'll take 2 dozen of whatever you are selling.......

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/31/12 - 07:41 am
It's OK to loose billions on

It's OK to loose billions on green energy. There were good intentions involved. Just ask the Emperor.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/31/12 - 07:43 am
Good mourning

Good mourning Awguster......... Trouble, Seenit, Willow, and the rest. Riverman, back off :)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 07:47 am
Now that RKill has a clean

Now that RKill has a clean bill of health he will be acting like a frisky teenager on here......Lord please help us:):)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 08:01 am

You want some candy little boy.......hey... ya got Roy & Bruce together ...what more do you want...:)

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 08:09 am
shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 08:17 am
Hey seenit I thought you

Hey seenit I thought you wrote the R/R about our little chat room.
I've been in Charleston and took a nice break from the computer for almost a week. Didn't even take it with me!
Ain't ya'll proud!
Hey Riverman I made a wish and tossed a quarter off of High Battery the other day!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 08:25 am
Well shrimp I knew you were

Well shrimp I knew you were missing but had no idea you were enjoying seafood-fresh air-great views......because I thought you would want US with you to do that....my bad....

We all should get together & do that as a group---we could rent a big house on the beach & really enjoy Charleston....:)

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 08:38 am
Seenit that's a great idea.

Seenit that's a great idea. My wife and I had such a great time that we're going back Sunday the 19 and staying overnight. This time we're going to take the dog too! The kids have to stay in Augusta because they have school. Poor little things. hehehehehe

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 08:41 am
Hotels are cheap this time of

Hotels are cheap this time of year. We stayed at Patriot's Point Hampton Inn for $85 a night. Right on the water with a fantastic view.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 08:46 am
That's great pricing.....we

That's great pricing.....we might have to call you frisky shrimp....:)

I bet the dog will love it!

I have a busy day ...so I'm getting my posts in B4 I have to leave...

allhans
allhans 01/31/12 - 08:47 am
Hey, the man, Obama, got a

Hey, the man, Obama, got a Nobel Prize for future good intentions.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 08:51 am
Good Morning America and R&R

Good Morning America and R&R Friends.

What is really strange, is why there has been very little written in any News paper or aired on the media air waves (Liberal or Conservative) about "Obama Ignores Georgia Subpoena".To be removed from the GA voting ballet.

Is this not true? To me that is really good news and should make the Head lines.

allhans
allhans 01/31/12 - 08:55 am
On the Lite side.... JESUS

On the Lite side....
JESUS AND THE DEMOCRAT

(I don't care what party you like, this one's funny!!)

A Republican, in a wheelchair, entered a restaurant one afternoon and
asked the waitress for a cup of coffee. The Republican looked across
the restaurant and asked, "Is that Jesus sitting over there?"

The waitress nodded "yes," so the Republican requested that she give
Jesus a cup of coffee, "on him."

The next patron to come in was a Libertarian, with a hunched back. He
shuffled over to a booth, painfully sat down, and asked the waitress
for a cup of hot tea. He also glanced across the restaurant and asked,
"Is that Jesus, over there?"

The waitress nodded yes, so the Libertarian asked her to give Jesus a
cup of hot tea, "My treat."

The third patron to come into the restaurant was a Democrat on
crutches. He hobbled over to a booth, sat down and said, "Hey there
honey! How's about getting me a cold mug of Miller Light?" He too
looked across the restaurant and asked, "Isn't that God's boy over
there?"

The waitress nodded yes again, so the Democrat directed her to give Jesus a cold
Beer. "On my bill."

As Jesus got up to leave, he passed by the Republican, touched him and
said, "For your kindness, you are healed." The Republican felt the
strength come back into his legs, got up, and danced a jig out the
door.

Jesus passed by the Libertarian, touched him and said, "For your
kindness, you are healed." The Libertarian felt his back straightening
up and he raised his hands, praised the Lord, and did a series of back
flips out the door.

Then, Jesus walked towards the Democrat, just smiling.

The Democrat jumped up and yelled, "Don't touch me ... I'm collecting
disability."

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 09:01 am
Good one Allhans!

Good one Allhans!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/31/12 - 09:07 am
FUNNY....I'm leaving to get

FUNNY....I'm leaving to get beautified......it will take hours-hours......keep posting away folks......seeya later..:)

a special bye-bye to CGEE!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 09:16 am
I guess nobody wants to touch

I guess nobody wants to touch the subject. Too controversial like abortion.

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 09:26 am
I haven't been keeping up

I haven't been keeping up with it CG.
If it has to do with Obama's birth certificate then Georgia is just throwing money down the drain. This thing was settled long ago and it's a dead horse. The only thing that will be accomplished is that money that we don't have will be spent chasing a pipe dream.
In order to beat Obama it will have to be done at the polls in November.

raul
raul 01/31/12 - 09:34 am

@CobaltGeorge. CG, here is a post I received a couple of days ago.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 09:34 am
I'm going to post a part of

I'm going to post a part of the trial transcript and then leave and put my head in the sand like so many others.

"Barack Hussein Obama II has publicly admitted his father, Barack Obama Sr., was a Kenyan native and a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. Barack Obama Sr. NEVER became a U.S. citizen. Therefore, Barack Hussein Obama II is not now, and never CAN be, a natural born citizen of the United States!"

shrimp for breakfast
shrimp for breakfast 01/31/12 - 09:47 am
I don't understand CG. Just

I don't understand CG. Just because Obama's father wasn't born in the US doesn't mean his son wasn't.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 09:48 am
raul....I'm going to say that

raul....I'm going to say that is all BS just like some many other supposably Americans.

harley_52
harley_52 01/31/12 - 09:51 am
CG, it's an interesting case.

CG, it's an interesting case. Obama has decided to ignore it. I think it's now up to the State to decide whether to include him on the ballot, or not.

raul
raul 01/31/12 - 09:56 am
@shrimpforbreakfast.

@shrimpforbreakfast. According to the blog I posted (can't attest to the credibility), both parents have to be U.S. citizens for Obama to be a natural born citizen. The argument is Obama's dad was not, therefore, President Obama is not a "natural born citizen" and thus ineligible for the office of President.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 09:56 am
shrimp...that is not the

shrimp...that is not the point. "both Parents has to be US citizens for you to be classified as a natural born citizen. His father wasn't.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/31/12 - 09:59 am
More states are now

More states are now considering doing the same thing to have him removed from their ballets same as Georgia. God bless America.

Commission rejects tax jump

Seven commissioners nixed a proposed tax increase Monday that would cost a typical homeowner $70 a year, leaving the countywide millage rate unset with just a few days to meet state deadlines.