Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

RANT TO THE RCBOE for failing to establish and maintain favorable teaching and learning conditions in many of its middle and high schools.

I WANT TO RAVE to Jimmy at Barney’s Pharmacy in Wrens for bringing my drops by after closing time. He could have been at home but he chose to help me. There are still good people in the world.

THE MEDIA AND the Washington Republicans are determined to destroy any Republican candidate that might be a threat to Romney’s chances of being the nominee to run against Obama. The irony is that all of the candidates are more qualified than the “community organizer in chief” that occupies the White House now. Three years in office and no one has questioned his qualifications yet. The media wants Romney so that the Republican Party will be split and Obama will be re-elected. The Washington Republicans are terrified that the nominee will be something other than their “Republican in name only.”

I SAY LEAVE THE baseball stadium where it is and make repairs if necessary. It will cost too much to relocate.

I’M SORRY JON Huntsman gave up. He was one of the best and the most straightforward of the candidates. Herman Cain shouldn’t have given up either.

AZZIZ, BUY MORE property, pay megabucks for name changes, fire employees, and cut pay for the rest. The college was doing fine before you came.

RICARDO AZZIZ, the great dictator. Why doesn’t Deke just turn Augusta over to him?

TO CASH A CHECK we must show picture ID, so is the problem that you are not being paid to vote? I am sure that if you were told to line up to show ID to get a check that one could be produced and happily at that.

THE CONDITION of Wrightsboro Road from North Leg to Daniel Field is embarrassing! Where are my taxes going, again?!

HOORAY FOR THE new Walmart coming near Wrightsboro Road! Yes, yes, yes!!! That will be much closer because I can rarely get a ride out to the other Walmarts. I just hope it will have the same policy to supposedly match lowest advertised prices elsewhere, please?

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 01/30/12 - 05:45 am
I've got a feeling the new

I've got a feeling the new Walmart on Wrightsboro Road will look pretty much like the Walmart on Deans Bridge Road.

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 06:01 am
JMO...I think you are

JMO...I think you are right......they look the same to me.....nice.

There was a Barneys Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Rd.....I used it all the time.....great people ran the place.....sometimes I walked to the grocery store & drug store.......oooh the good ole days.....dirt roads in the neighborhood....rode bikes all over the place....Fleming school was just 2 blocks away ....we kids got a lot of exercise back then.

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 06:04 am
Please don't let the media &

Please don't let the media & money decide who our next President will be.....the tricks are going on right now----I don't know who will come out on top......BUT please THINK for yourself.

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 06:22 am

If you can remember this guy....well ya ooooollllllddddie but goodie!

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 06:27 am
RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/30/12 - 07:18 am
Good mourning Augusta. Ranter

Good mourning Augusta. Ranter is on the money about ID's.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/30/12 - 07:22 am
Don't you have to show an ID

Don't you have to show an ID when signing up for government gimmie programs too?

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 07:27 am
Rkill...I have to show an ID

Rkill...I have to show an ID everywhere...drug stores-using credit cards---buying a drink (they don't think I'm old enough heheheh)
I mean EVERYWHERE....where is the beef?

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 07:43 am

I love this song/music....I can't explain why...I could listen to this all day.......I put on headsets & exercise to this.......what is it about this music???

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/30/12 - 07:52 am
Given my job and not knowing

Given my job and not knowing if I will be here on primary day I am going to see if I can vote today. If not, I will ask for an absentee ballot. And I would bet Trouble, Seenit, Willow, et al breakfast that I will have to show an ID. And I don't care. Heck, I will even have to show my government issued ID when I go to my government provided doctors appointment. Only took me about 6 weeks to get this one scheduled. Do you realize what a pain it is to plan sickness 2-3 months in advance so it will coincide with a doctors visit?

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 07:58 am
Yes RK...you will have to

Yes RK...you will have to show an ID....I might even ask you for one the next time I seeya....I think we have some imposters on here...trying to take your place....know whatta mean...:)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/30/12 - 08:03 am
Nah, Riverman ain't an

Nah, Riverman ain't an impostor, he is just trying to move in on my territory.

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 08:09 am
OOPS....I think he has

OOPS....I think he has RK......ain't trying ----you are out-of-town a lot yaknow..:)

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 08:13 am
I think he did say that you

I think he did say that you could have ALL of Richmind county------I guess that means he wants to cover all the other counties......heck that is a lot of counties!!!

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 08:25 am

Why we have soo many counties.....see I told ya'll make me think....thanks....very interesting..

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 08:43 am
BUT....You are in this area a

BUT....You are in this area a lot......have truck will travel....call me when you want to have breakfast sometimes...:)

Little Lamb
Little Lamb 01/30/12 - 09:08 am
Not much anyone can say about

Not much anyone can say about rant #1 if he's not going to name names.

seenitB4 01/30/12 - 09:26 am
My coffee has worn off....I'm

My coffee has worn off....I'm leaving til later....try to fill the page..:)

MachineMade
MachineMade 01/30/12 - 09:33 am
Support local business. I

Support local business. I try to buy everything I can from small business. These are the people that live in my community. They know my name and I know there's. So much better.

kmb413
kmb413 01/30/12 - 10:00 am
Good morning. I need an ID

Good morning. I need an ID to get into work.

David Parker
David Parker 01/30/12 - 10:59 am
Not much up there worth

Not much up there worth counter ranting. Morning all ! Goody's and Red-eyes for all my friends.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 01/30/12 - 11:02 am
Ranter 4, Oh, that wouldn't

Ranter 4, Oh, that wouldn't be any fun! No big land sales for the cabal, no smoozing with Jacobs and Ripkin, no spending mega bucks, and no photo opps.

Willow Bailey
20579
Willow Bailey 01/30/12 - 11:03 am
Good Morning David, RK,

Good Morning David, RK, seenit and LL & Riverman1, et al.

AutumnLeaves
AutumnLeaves 01/30/12 - 11:25 am
SeenitB4 There is still a

SeenitB4 There is still a Barney's Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road, isn't there? I thought I saw it still open yesterday.

gagentleman
gagentleman 01/30/12 - 12:57 pm
as far as a republican

as far as a republican canidate what do we have,one who was centured and left congress in disgrace plus he couldnt keep it in his pants( if i remember correctly ,yall crusified clinton for that). then we have a man who brags about creating thousands of eight dollar an hour jobs with no benefits, but doesnt say a word about the thousands of twenty to twenty five dollar an hour jobs that BAIN corp did away with,great choices huh.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/30/12 - 01:04 pm
Gagentleman, if not for BAIN,

Gagentleman, if not for BAIN, many, if not most of those would have turned into $0/hr jobs because the companies would have gone under. BAIN did not buy out thriving companies; they invested in struggling companies, restructured them, and then turned a profit when they sold them after they were back on their feet.

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/30/12 - 01:06 pm
How rude of me to forget!!

How rude of me to forget!! Good morning to all of my wimmen and R & R buddies!

Check that. All of Riverman's wimmen.

gagentleman
gagentleman 01/30/12 - 01:07 pm
the new stadium downtown is a

the new stadium downtown is a great idea ,look at the cities like greenville that spent money on itself and created a downtown were all people had things to enjoy,and improved its overall appearance.companies took notice of this and now greenville has JOBS,same is true for greenwood. if you spend the money they will come.look at the jba for example ,i remember in the 90s it was one top name act after another then the larger bi-lo center in greenville was built and concerts dried up here.quit bitching about a twenty dollar a year tax increase on your 150,000 dollar home and help improve augusta,we will all benefit from it,plus the old stadium could be given to our new university so thier baseball facility could be as up to par as other schools.

gagentleman
gagentleman 01/30/12 - 01:10 pm
itsanotherday,you need to

itsanotherday,you need to read thier website alittle more carefully,they were a major player in outsourcing good jobs overseas for thier own greed

Tots
Tots 01/30/12 - 01:19 pm
Hi Autumn,there's still a

Hi Autumn,there's still a Barney's Pharmacy on Peach Orchard Road/HWY 25,and some very nice people work there..

Good afternoon to all you fine folks on here...