Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MAJ. GEN. Marcia Anderson says American military people “teach democratic elections … teach democratic forms of government … and provide humanitarian support.” When did armies stop existing to defeat enemies? Has political correctness taken over our military?

I HAVE YET TO hear a Republican candidate who can beat Obama. Seriously, I would hate to see what kind of shape this country would be in right now if a Republican had been president instead of Obama. This man had to make tough decisions to save this country.

COREY JOHNSON NEEDS to take a look at the neighborhoods in his district, especially the area off Peach Orchard Road that includes Rhodes Drive. There is one house that a tree completely demolished, two houses that burned and still sitting there, and several that aren’t fit to live in. How about getting this mess cleaned up? No wonder south Augusta has a bad name!

RAVE TO THE Columbia County Ballet for a wonderful evening of The Nutcracker. My great-granddaughter and I enjoyed it so much. A special rave to Clark, Chris and Haley for the love and friendship they showed us.

GO, NEWT. You got my vote.

I AM A 65-year-old retiree. To the people who are complaining about Magnolia Trace, I am a father of four, grandfather of three, married to the same woman for 43 years. I happen to be black. I am considering trying to get a place in Magnolia Trace. I have never been in any trouble, so I’m wondering who are they complaining about. They don’t know me.

SHAME ON NEWT Gingrich. He is a disgrace to the Republican Party. I will not vote for him.

WHEN WILL AMERICA finally have someone who unites the country instead of dividing the country? Instead of making the country weaker, make it stronger. Instead of pumping oil out of the ground, how about solar panels? Instead of talking about the color of one’s skin, how about uniting? Instead of the rich getting fatter, how about the poor getting help? How about educating instead of locking people up? If the economic situation was correct then there would be no crime.

SINCERE RAVE TO all of our loyal patrons of Ryan’s on Bobby Jones for the past 28 years. It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you from the day crew: Sally, Cheryl Lynn, Kat, Sheila, Linda, Denise Iming, Ann Marie and Norma.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 01:25 pm
The new American dream.....

The new American dream..... Hoping for Change in November.

tcowan13
tcowan13 01/28/12 - 02:01 pm
I am a Thinking American and

I am a Thinking American and Obama will be my choice for President.I think that he has done very well as President. How many times did George Bush say that he was going to get Bin Laden?Thinking people have to realize that President Obama in inherited a very bad situation when He did become President.You can have Gingrich And Romney.Both of them are fully-blown with Hot Air!!!

harley_52
harley_52 01/28/12 - 02:33 pm
How did they get Ross Perot

How did they get Ross Perot to voice the commercials for the Augusta Futurity?

allhans
allhans 01/28/12 - 02:34 pm
I will vote for Obama because

I will vote for Obama because he got Bin Laden. Yes, I will. Just follow the bouncing ball. :D

Thankfully, I have a different set of standard for grading my leaders, and the best I see at the moment is Mitt Romney, he will get my vote (barring any unforeseen..)

Bruno
Bruno 01/28/12 - 03:04 pm
The claim that the economy

The claim that the economy etc. are in such poor shape because Obama "inherited" it is specious. The economy is in poor shape because Obama hasn't done a great deal to make it better. As to "getting bin laden" assassinating a person in a foreign, sovereign country isn't a way to get my vote.

CobaltGeorge
207468
CobaltGeorge 01/28/12 - 03:08 pm
allhans, you know I agree

allhans, you know I agree with all your comments and mindset. This is first time I have to differ from you pick on Mitt Romney.

We all know, anybody with a one level above an Idiot would damn will be better than we have now.

At present, we have 4 that are trying to replace the Idiot running and destroying this great nation. In my 50 plus years of voting, I have never had the uneasy feeling I have now about voting and deciding who can save us.

Rick and Ron IMO had the most American attitude to get things done, but to vote for either one, would be a wasted vote. That leaves 2 left,
Newt and Mitt. My opinion of Mitt is he is nothing but our present King in disguise. Newt is the last bad apple in the barrel. I have a few more months to see what happens in this uncertain future of America. May God Help Us.

allhans
allhans 01/28/12 - 03:25 pm
CG..I believe Romney has the

CG..I believe Romney has the ability and the discipline to take on the job..the only one of the four who does. My fingers are crossed that he doesn't let me down.
I will vote for the GOP nominee...that is a given.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 04:39 pm
You know sometimes you read

You know sometimes you read something that makes your blood boil....
I just did....a Dekalb county man left his dog in his foreclosed home to starve & die....w/o water & food....the dog ate styrofoam & eventually died of malnutrition & dehydration.....he was arrested this week..he needs a whupping that would last for weeks...imo

BTW your Dr Azziz is in the AJC today too....my he does get around..

dstewartsr
20394
dstewartsr 01/28/12 - 04:56 pm
Had too much time on my hands

Had too much time on my hands today and read the news. Then stopped after the following two items: "Werner Oyandel, head of Connecticut's Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission." Really? (Mr. Oyandel is calling for a duly elected city mayor to resign for not being obsequious enough for offending his special interest group.)

Later down the page I read how Attorney General Holder is boasting of his Justice Department "...opening more than 100 investigations into possible voting rights discrimination last year." Still no word on whether uniformed club wielding Black Panthers standing in the doorway of polling places might be considered such.

nowhine
nowhine 01/28/12 - 05:50 pm
Seenit - go to youtube and

Seenit - go to youtube and search for Windows 7 videos. They have a bunch to tell you how to use it. And.................. it is free.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 06:00 pm
Thanks nowhine---I will do

Thanks nowhine---I will do that too....I did buy a book today.....I wanted to go to the bookstore to look for the Gov. of Arizonas book...they didn't have it yet.

sawgrass
sawgrass 01/28/12 - 06:46 pm
My rave is for the comments

My rave is for the comments today. Very enjoyable reading. I hate to hear about Ryan's closing. My mother (GOD rest her soul) loved eating there. I took her out every Saturday night giving her the choice of anywhere in Augusta and she always wanted to go to Ryan's. I wanted to go other places but loving my mother as I did I always gave in. Being a mama's boy is tough sometimes.

carcraft
carcraft 01/28/12 - 08:42 pm
Tcowan13- Yep Obama got Bin

Tcowan13- Yep Obama got Bin Lauden, what about the master mined of 9-11 still sitting in Gitmo awaiting his open trial in New York like Obama promised, justice delayed is justice denied. Oh I am still waiting to watch the health care nagotiations on C span like Obama promised...LOL

Cadence
Cadence 01/28/12 - 11:21 pm
Yeah, it's just that this is

Yeah, it's just that this is not the discussion group, it is rants and raves. But, I solved it by just not coming here anymore. Dropped by today. Moving on. Have a great day.