Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

MAJ. GEN. Marcia Anderson says American military people “teach democratic elections … teach democratic forms of government … and provide humanitarian support.” When did armies stop existing to defeat enemies? Has political correctness taken over our military?

I HAVE YET TO hear a Republican candidate who can beat Obama. Seriously, I would hate to see what kind of shape this country would be in right now if a Republican had been president instead of Obama. This man had to make tough decisions to save this country.

COREY JOHNSON NEEDS to take a look at the neighborhoods in his district, especially the area off Peach Orchard Road that includes Rhodes Drive. There is one house that a tree completely demolished, two houses that burned and still sitting there, and several that aren’t fit to live in. How about getting this mess cleaned up? No wonder south Augusta has a bad name!

RAVE TO THE Columbia County Ballet for a wonderful evening of The Nutcracker. My great-granddaughter and I enjoyed it so much. A special rave to Clark, Chris and Haley for the love and friendship they showed us.

GO, NEWT. You got my vote.

I AM A 65-year-old retiree. To the people who are complaining about Magnolia Trace, I am a father of four, grandfather of three, married to the same woman for 43 years. I happen to be black. I am considering trying to get a place in Magnolia Trace. I have never been in any trouble, so I’m wondering who are they complaining about. They don’t know me.

SHAME ON NEWT Gingrich. He is a disgrace to the Republican Party. I will not vote for him.

WHEN WILL AMERICA finally have someone who unites the country instead of dividing the country? Instead of making the country weaker, make it stronger. Instead of pumping oil out of the ground, how about solar panels? Instead of talking about the color of one’s skin, how about uniting? Instead of the rich getting fatter, how about the poor getting help? How about educating instead of locking people up? If the economic situation was correct then there would be no crime.

SINCERE RAVE TO all of our loyal patrons of Ryan’s on Bobby Jones for the past 28 years. It was our pleasure to serve you. Thank you from the day crew: Sally, Cheryl Lynn, Kat, Sheila, Linda, Denise Iming, Ann Marie and Norma.

allhans
allhans 01/28/12 - 12:34 am
"WHEN WILL AMERICA finally

"WHEN WILL AMERICA finally have someone who unites the country instead of dividing the country" Someone asks.

Hopefully January 0f 2013 when the new president is sworn in. Obama was at the U of Mich telling students that the rich is the reason for their unpaid students loans.
Getting this divider out of office cannot come fast enough.

Ranter # 2 . The presidential election hasn't yet been held..it will be held later this year, in November.

carcraft
carcraft 01/28/12 - 07:18 am
I have yet to hear any

I have yet to hear any thinking American say he will vote for Obama. Obama is a dismal failure and has increased the debt for America buy over 3 trillion dollars. Wasted billions on clean energy scams and failures like Solyndra, Tesla motors, Fiscer motors, enrdel ( part owner of enerdel is a Russian listed as one of the 100 riches men in the world, I am sure he needs an American tax payer subsidy http://www.marketwatch.com/story/lugar-instrumental-in-securing-stimulus... ) battery company. Still hasn't ried the terrorist in open court in New York like promised, Gitmo still open and thinks he can Bully the Governor of Arizona. What a complete incompetent jerk. Oh, of course all his fiailures are due to George Bush or the Wealthy not paying thier fair share...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 07:25 am
ok finally some r/r I can

ok finally some r/r I can bite into....

PC has taken over everything.....haven't you noticed that?? (even here)

Rep. candidate to beat President O.......yep, we need to improve our choices ----but hey....O will make them look better as time goes on...

C Johnson...You do need to clean up that area...Peach orchard Rd was a beautiful part of town years ago....it can be again---NO EXCUSES..

Rave for Columbia County Ballet....rave from me too..:)

Newt...what can we say ---Newt is Newt

65 year ole retiree....You seem ike a great person....but how many others do you want to subsidize?? That is the problem ..

Newt again....run along

Economy ok would crime exist.....sure & double sure.....don't blame that all on the economy....a crook is a crook & a jerk..

Ryans steak house....raves for all workers there....:):)

Hi ebbybody..

carcraft
carcraft 01/28/12 - 07:44 am
To the second to last post:

To the second to last post: How about educating instead of locking people up, High school is free and teachers are available, just apply yourself while your there! Instead of the rich getting fatter, how about the poor getting help? We have food stamps, health care programs, earned income tax credits, WIC, section 8 housing, and soup kitchens, food pantries, and many, many , many charitable organizations such as Salvation Army, how much more do the poor need? Instead of pumping oil out of the ground, how about solar panels, OOPS tried that, we now have Solyndra, Enerdel, and Billions of dollars spent on other equally worthless solar industry alternate energy subsidies from the Federal government, why do you want more?

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 08:12 am

The eye in the sky article made me think of this song......many caves in the state of Georgia...

Where do you think we kept the moonshine??

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 08:25 am

Just for you RKill.....we all worry about you so stay safe..

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/12 - 08:45 am
Hey, SeenIt...the lady who

Hey, SeenIt...the lady who keeps us all together. Nice comments on the R and R's.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 08:53 am
Hi RM...I need ya'll more

Hi RM...I need ya'll more than you need me...

Did you ever wake up in the am & feel mentally tired.....not sure if it's because you used the brain too much or too little.....I think it is too little in my case.....so ...coming here stimulates my mind & makes me think in color....vivid color & full screen..

So to those complaining about us....please stop....we actually enjoy the posts from others...we are friends & deeply care about others on here....join in & be a part of the group.....
This is medicine for me....like a drug of sorts.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 08:56 am
Thanks Seenit. Right now I

Thanks Seenit. Right now I just hope to get home. We are stuck in Arkansas. We were supposed to be home last night. Now it looks like sometime in the morning at the earliest.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/12 - 09:03 am
SeenIt, sure I can relate.

SeenIt, sure I can relate. I've always liked newspapers and the Internet has allowed all of us to become part of it. We are all journalists. I just find news events fascinating.

In high school I was more interested in football than studying and hated having to do all the boring Algebra and Chemistry things, but in history class I had a blast. Because I read the paper every day from front to cover. I mean even the minute info such as the reviews of the best sellers, I read it all.

So I knew who our local political office holders were and all that. You know things we just know from reading the paper. The other students knew very little about local politics and Mr. Blanton, who now lives in Aiken, would refer to me on such matters. That was the one thing about my HS academic career without a red mark beside it. It fits that I hang out here.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/12 - 09:08 am
Here is another thing about

Here is another thing about the comments. I appreciate good writing with humor and insights. No one at the AC takes it upon themselves to compliment the comments so I follow your lead, SeenIt, and try to compliment and encourage others, no matter the politics.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/28/12 - 09:10 am
Well, I was going to make a

Well, I was going to make a comment concerning the next to last post but I believe carcraft stated it plainly at 6:44am.

InChristLove
InChristLove 01/28/12 - 09:14 am
RK, praying for safe travel.

RK, praying for safe travel. You still got icy roads and wind or has that cleared up?

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 09:20 am
We are out of the nasty

We are out of the nasty stuff. Just waiting for a load to get us home. I have a doctor's appointment Monday so I can't wait much longer. We have a load that will be ready 17:00 CST.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 09:23 am
People are people aren't

People are people aren't they....if we had another 9-11 politics wouldn't matter....I noticed when Gabby resigned from congress they all came together---some cried....she was a special congresswoman....even though we disagree at times on here.....we still come together when it is important to do so..
Sooo keep stimulating me......I need the medicine...:):)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 09:34 am
Shouldn't GOB be the one

Shouldn't GOB be the one stimulating you? Couldn't resist, sorry.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 09:40 am
Heheh...RKill.... He doesn't

Heheh...RKill....

He doesn't think in color 24/7.....ya'll do...

Newspapers are not of interest to him....if Neal Boortz didn't say it...he would miss the news.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 09:53 am
One for Newt, one against.

One for Newt, one against. One for Obama, one against... Ain't this country great where you can express your opinions without fear of the government breaking your door down............... so far.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 09:57 am

Watch out guys.....this is what the internet can do forya.....old girlfriends can spill the beans onya..

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 09:59 am
CAMBRIDGE, Md. (AP) — House

CAMBRIDGE, Md. (AP) — House Democratic leaders say they welcome a campaign by President Barack Obama against a "do-nothing Congress" even though they're part of it.
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday it's not only okay for the president to adopt that strategy, she would encourage it. Democrats argue that Americans will then understand how Republicans are blocking the president's agenda. They say voters will also understand dysfunctional Senate rules that require 60 votes to move legislation

Or are the Democrats blocking the Republican agenda. Remember Nancy, it WAS a government of the people, for the people, by the people. Not government of the Emperor and his minions.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/12 - 10:05 am
RK, Nancy Pelosi reminds me

RK, Nancy Pelosi reminds me on an enabler saying it's all her fault.

SeenIt, that's why it's best to stay anonymous on the internet. Heh, heh, heh.

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/28/12 - 10:25 am
River is up high (not me, the

River is up high (not me, the real river) and crystal clear. I'm going to try casting a big white frog lure off my dock. Sometimes the big ones hit in winter. See y'all later.

JRC2024
JRC2024 01/28/12 - 10:37 am
More for the poor, get real.

More for the poor, get real. Maybe that is why my check is ravaged with all the help they already receive.

seenitB4
81914
seenitB4 01/28/12 - 10:41 am

They say Gingrich is leaking hot air....is he?....They are sooo coached on debate techniques.....some treat us like sheep waiting for the slaughter......the news grabs us & tosses us around like rag dolls...will we ever hear the truth or is it all truthiness like they say....funny stuff...
Right now I'm in need of books on windows7....I'm messing up & I can't afford $40 bucks hourly nerds to come here......I have some geeks in the neighborhood but don't want to messup their free weekends..

So I'll be looking for some info. today-----Barnes & Noble ---need you!
Have a great day folks----seeya in pm.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 10:42 am
JRC... agreed. I do make what

JRC... agreed. I do make what most people would consider a decent salary but I am far from what is called rich. Just for kicks, I used the education acquired before the federal government got involved and determined I am paying 30% in taxes. And folks say I should pay more??? I am gonna be taxed into poverty simply because I have a job and paying my own way.

TrukinRanger
TrukinRanger 01/28/12 - 11:07 am
Where to start... I'm a

Where to start... I'm a democrat, but not all my views are left wing. Obama is not my favorite but at the moment a better choice than anything the Republicans are offering. Are they really the best we have?? I guess the old saying (not word for word) that those who seek power are the ones to be scared of- and those who do not seek it are the ones who deserve it. Gingrich is a snake and Romney is... well, I don't really know but something isn't right there. He's more "Presidential" than Gingrich but seems a bit slippery to me. Obama, well... I know he meant well with the health insurance business- too bad all parties would not cooperate with each other to come up with a good system that looked after citizens and not corporations. He finally got our troops out of Iraq, hopefully the same with Afghanistan. He finally helped lift the archaic ban on gays in the military. As for the bailouts in ALL industries- well, who the heck could have come up with a real plan with that? That was/is a lose-lose situation no matter how you look at it. I'm all for solar, wind, and other types of alternative energy but those markets are so niche that until the majority of Americans outnumber the opposing industries (oil, oil, oil, coal, natural gas) then it will be a long time until we can really look at a profitable and manageable alternative energy industry--- but we have to start trying sometime. We need to get off the oil- just look at how Iran taunts disrupting global supply. We'll never be able to compete with the middle eastern countries for drilling with oil here or off our shores. I'm not saying I'm against it completely, but look at what the disaster the BP platform created. Anyway- all the candidates pretty much stink in some way.... a real winner is out there somewhere but is smart enough to stay out of the BS that comes with the job.

daphne3520
daphne3520 01/28/12 - 11:48 am
ANYBODY that would vote for

ANYBODY that would vote for "Newt," is dreaming and hallucinating.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/28/12 - 12:23 pm
Anybody that voted for Obama

Anybody that voted for Obama was dreaming and hallucinating.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 01/28/12 - 01:13 pm
3 reasons why anybody would

3 reasons why anybody would vote for the King SMCICBHO.

1. He looks like me.

2. Instead of being an Undocumented Worker, I'll be an American citizen and be a loyal follower.

3. Instead of submitting a resume for a job and get paid, I just cast a vote an can stay unemployed and get my paycheck at my very close mailbox.

allhans