Rants & Raves

Comments from readers:

I WANT TO RAVE to the ER of Eisenhower hospital and all of the doctors and nurses that treated me on Ward 9 W for three days with excellent care. Thank you very much.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT the only mention of Martin Luther King Jr. in Jan. 16 paper was a couple of goings on and visitation to the memorial in Atlanta. I expected the front page to have stories about him on it. You have to go the Page 2 of the Metro section to even see a mention of him. I planned on showing my children all about him in today’s paper since it is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but I will have to show them on the Internet. I am very disappointed in The Chronicle for slighting MLK. He is a major part of our history.

PEOPLE SHOULDN’T be so hard on Obama; after all, this is his first job.

RAVE TO ALL the men with their pants down to their knees trying to walk. You have given me some of the best laughs I have ever had in my entire life.

BEST COMMENT I heard concerning the State of Union Address was that Obama would make a great salesman for the Sham Wow products.

A HUGE RANT GOES out to the loud and vulgar music (noise) and the thumping bass on the streets of Augusta.

I WISH I HAD voted no on consolidation of Richmond County and Augusta. Everything must be in Augusta, not Richmond County.

IF PRESIDENT OBAMA’S blueprint for America is anything like President Obama’s blueprint to close Gitmo, or President Obama’s blueprint to stimulate the economy with $800 billion dollars, he can keep his blueprint and kindly leave the White House next January!

I THINK THAT IT IS a shame that the middle school sports are not recognized. The Glenn Hills girls basketball team has gone undefeated all season with no recognition. We have got to do better at encouraging the children!!!

RANTS AND RATS TO the commissioners and Fred Russell for not giving library employees a raise.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/26/12 - 09:02 pm
Ranter 8: Just for you:

Ranter 8: Just for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUdux2eQ6Kw

Where is everyone? Let's chat!! You know reading is a choice don't you?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/26/12 - 09:28 pm
I'm here! :)

I'm here! :)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/26/12 - 09:31 pm
Actually, this "chariot"

Actually, this "chariot" changes to a punkin at 8:50. That's my "cut-off" for when Precious takes over! Chat quick, or I'll have to leave soon!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/26/12 - 09:38 pm
Sarge? Precious got you yet?

Sarge? Precious got you yet?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/26/12 - 09:51 pm
Not yet, but she's close! :)

Not yet, but she's close! :)

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/26/12 - 09:52 pm
I suppose I owe you an

I suppose I owe you an explanation about this situation, so look for an Email soon!

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/26/12 - 09:58 pm
So long, she has arrived! :)

So long, she has arrived! :)

Jake
Jake 01/27/12 - 12:09 am
Rant #3, Guess what? He has

Rant #3, Guess what? He has gotten further on in his profession than you have. Unless, of course, you are a former president. Not that he is doing a great job, who does as president? They all pretty much stink. Remember how great Dubya was? Well, great is not the correct word. I guess the word was incompent but according to the AC he was doing marvelous according to all of their idiotorials of the past. Only now they are saying that he was "meh". Pretty much what the rest of us that were not brain dead were saying back then.

Just My Opinion
Just My Opinion 01/27/12 - 05:45 am
To the ranter about the MLK

To the ranter about the MLK coverage in the paper this year..sorry, but MLK, while a great man with regards to civil rights, was not a major part of our history. The only reason there is a MLK day is because of political pressure to have one...that's it. It is not celebrated in many, if not most, of the country...and they barely acknowledge it. Just be happy we have the sales and some people get the day off.

carcraft
carcraft 01/27/12 - 06:54 am
Jake yes, but dubya only

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/27/12 - 07:01 am
Good morning to all my

Good morning to all my girlfriends, Trouble, Seenit, Willow, Wonders, Ksl, Madame.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/27/12 - 07:05 am
Pants rant... I recently saw

Pants rant... I recently saw another driver attempting to talk on his cell, open his trailer doors, and hold up his pants. All at the same time. He was about 2 hands short of what he needed. But it did provide a good chuckle.

augusta citizen
augusta citizen 01/27/12 - 07:08 am
Rant #3 -LOL!

Rant #3 -LOL!

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 07:52 am
Thanks RKill....You know how

Thanks RKill....You know how to treat a woman.....:)

Do ya'll find it funny that some complain about r/r but STILL come back here......BUT WB has it just right---WALK ON BY folks......that ignore button works....use it....

I'm kinda tired of the debates now.....same ole stuff rehashed....& they are stacking the audience.....money talks...
Great good am folks...

myopinion3
myopinion3 01/27/12 - 08:57 am
Mr Moore has shown us TODAY

Mr Moore has shown us TODAY that this becoming a chat room is A-OK with him.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 09:03 am

Well Mr. Moore has very good taste.....thank you Mr. Moore!

David Parker
David Parker 01/27/12 - 09:11 am
"THANK YOU, CHRONICLE, for

"THANK YOU, CHRONICLE, for having the courage to print the rant about people using the comment section of rant/raves as their personnel chat room."

Not sure courage is accurate, think it has more to do with the 1st amendment, which apparently you are not a fan of, but luckily I am. Thanks for your input Sir or Mam dependeth.

**********
"THE SOCIOECONOMIC DIVIDE in Augusta is beyond troubling. I believe that is the reason Augusta has not flourished to its full potential. Augusta could be SO much better."

a reason indeed, but not singularly.

**********
"Jake yes, but dubya only spent $1 trillion to prove he was bad, Obama's inexperance has forced him to spend $ 3 trillion to prove how bad he is!"

clever, i like it.

David Parker
David Parker 01/27/12 - 09:12 am
I'm down with MLK. He's the

I'm down with MLK. He's the only person, not a president, with a monument on the national mall thing. I think he qualifies as significant all around.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 09:14 am
onlysane......Everything

onlysane......Everything equal/free.....that is rose colored glasses my friend...

Gosh I would like to look like Kim K---have $$ of W Buffett--live in Jones Creek---as smart as RMan...(well maybe about that :))
Things will never be 100% be equal...ever-ever-ever....& no law will make that happen....
Move on with life & make the best of it---I have to!

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/27/12 - 09:22 am
SeenIt, you are much, much

SeenIt, you are much, much smarter than I am. Prettier too.

Sean Moores
Sean Moores 01/27/12 - 09:47 am
Just to clarify, we do allow

Just to clarify, we do allow chatting in the R&R section. Story comments should be on topic.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 09:53 am

Ok guys...I'm going to give ya'll the secret--to what females want--listen to the song....:)

Today my GOB (country boy I live with) are going to have a fun day---movies...nice lunch...& whatever comes up....that keeps me young....keeps me in love....makes me happy...:) seeya later

Bruno
Bruno 01/27/12 - 09:57 am
Why would the AC do a full

Why would the AC do a full front page on MLK? They don't do it for George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson or any of the founding fathers. Rather than showing your kids all about MLK in a local paper you should pick up a history book or biography of the man.
Now one has to wonder with everything that Benjamin Franklin did to help form this country, why doesn't he have a memorial on the national mall?

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/27/12 - 09:58 am
Thanks RMan.....forever:)

Thanks RMan.....forever:)

David Parker
David Parker 01/27/12 - 10:10 am
@ Bruno, good point. I'd

@ Bruno, good point. I'd probably agree on that, but I'd also like to know how celebrated Washington and Lincoln were approximately 50 years after they were president. MLK is much more relevant and recent. I'm not going to the point of a whole front page dedication, save that for silver, gold, platinum anniverseries. Downplaying his role and significance is kinda weird considering though.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/27/12 - 11:11 am
Good Morning RK, and et al!

Good Morning RK, and et al! You know the funny thing about the chatting is after we all greet one another and share a little musical inspirtion in the a.m. we did pretty much stay on commenting about R & R's and other events....until some started making such an issue of it.

TNTHOMSON
TNTHOMSON 01/27/12 - 11:13 am
Re the MLK monument on the

Re the MLK monument on the Mall...I bet it's the only monument on the mall where the family charged $800,000 for the likeness and (incorrectly inscribed) inscription (on the monument).

Probably the only monument sculptured in China and 'assembled in America'......

Hope we don't run out of room in DC for monuments. The Barack Hussein Obama monument is coming to Washington sooner or later, and I'll bet it'll be at least the same height and width as the USS Regan......

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/27/12 - 11:24 am
seenit, we might have to

seenit, we might have to X-rate you:) You're getting quite sassy.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/27/12 - 11:51 am
Suggested idea for the Obama

Suggested idea for the Obama monument. A sink with a dollar bill going down the drain.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/27/12 - 12:08 pm
OK, a trillion dollar bill.

OK, a trillion dollar bill. Eight of them so far and still counting.