Rants and Raves

SOMEONE TELL Elton
John that he can come
to the Lady A Amphi­theater after his gig downtown. No one seems to be using it, so it’s available.

THE MERGER OF ASU and GHSU is nothing but cover to eventually move all the medical training out to Athens a little bit at a time. In 20 years, it will be gone from Augusta and what will be left will still be what ASU is today. Very ingenious.

MY RANT IS The Chronicle allowing people to use the Rants & Raves section of the paper as a chat room. These people have no life. I don’t want to know who is first to post, what errands they need to run or music copied and pasted from YouTube. Debate the issues at hand; otherwise, get a Facebook account.

I SUGGEST THEY use GASU. Or maybe just leave things AZZIZ!

POWER BROKERS CLAIM the merger of MCG and ASU will produce a bigger school. Basic math teaches that 1 plus 1 equals 2. “Excitement or anticipation” has nothing to do with actual results. To call any money spent by government an “investment” has always proved to be a joke on the taxpayer, since government makes investment decisions based on the political goal of bigger government rather than actual improvement of what they’re “investing” our money in.

JIMMY CARTER WRITES that we “have a responsibility to take care of the Earth.” That’s right, but it doesn’t mean falling for dishonest political scams like global warming that merely use that excuse to gain unconstitutional and destructive power.

THANK YOU TO mystery person or persons who bought lunch for our Bible study group (seven women) at Cracker Barrel on Jan. 10. We will surely pass this blessing on to others.

A RAVE FOR Woodlawn United Methodist preschool. There should be more preschools like you, and we want to thank you for everything you have done. The Woodlawn staff and Pastor Jim and the members are awesome.

PACS ARE CLEARLY trying to buy public office for the guys whose puppet strings they control. Our country is now controlled by corruption. We’d better start making smart decisions and get some guts.

Comments from readers.

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/23/12 - 06:59 pm
Ranter #1, when a scheduled

Ranter #1, when a scheduled event is ongoing, it's a "sold out" crowd. Participation in the Columbia County Park is phenomenal. You wouldn't be a little jealous would you?

Sargebaby
Sargebaby 01/23/12 - 07:01 pm
Ranter #3, if you don't like

Ranter #3, if you don't like what you read, just don't read it. My guess is, you're a chronic complainer!

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/23/12 - 08:12 pm
Sarge, apparently some folks'

Sarge, apparently some folks' scroll function doesn't work on their computer. Lord knows, I wore mine out on the old forums because of a certain forumite.

speeddy
speeddy 01/24/12 - 05:41 am
Aiken County Council needs

Aiken County Council needs to Zone our area for a tattoo shop.South Carolina has passed the law and set regulations threw DHEC.Thats why our county is behind in time.Why is there a 1 st amenment? If Aiken county isn't going follow it? If the artist has all the training and his shop is up to code by South Carolina DHEC.He or she should ba able to open a shop it is a legal Businesses .Even all the racing horses that come to Aiken has a tattoo inside it's lip as a ID. It would bring tax money to the county Just like Richmond county making zoning changes.

Trouble
Trouble 01/24/12 - 05:55 am
hmmmmm, you think by printing

hmmmmm, you think by printing the rants like rant #3 they are trying to tell us something????

morning all

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 06:43 am
Well drop it off & get dozens

Well drop it off & get dozens of people to go elsewhere.....when the chatters leave the clicks on this paper will drop ....some days there might be 9 or so posts ......well that won't sell adds will it???

Good am ebbybody..

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 06:44 am
Someone must be tired of

Someone must be tired of Farmville....heheh

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 07:05 am
I've got to be honest

I've got to be honest here......some of the posters are so dang smart on here I'd rather read what they post than the dang articles.....& the jokes are GREAT......lately the rants on the paper are missing something.......very boring ole stuff-----me thinks they are bending over for a small group of unhappy disgruntled "old" posters.......

I'm retired & I gave my 30+ years to a JOB----so some need to bite the bullet--go to work & pay my social security ....work...off to work...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 07:10 am
Here we go... Elton John has

Here we go...
Elton John has gotten old ---just not what he used to be..
Merger???---wait & see...might be good but anyway YA GITTING IT
Call it University Azizz.....make him happy....
Jimmie Cattah....take care of everything & then go home & rest...
Cracker Barrel has great customers ...don't they...

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 07:15 am
David Parker
David Parker 01/24/12 - 08:42 am
That CC amphi will get more

That CC amphi will get more play as the weather gets nice again.

I got my merge on for better or worse.

Now I'm off to Crackerbarrel to find some good youtube vids for future comments.

dichotomy
dichotomy 01/24/12 - 08:49 am
"Or maybe just leave things

"Or maybe just leave things AZZIZ!"

Best line of the day.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/24/12 - 09:23 am
Good morning Trouble, SB4,

Good morning Trouble, SB4, WB, Wonders, KSL

#3, I do have FB, it's not our fault if you don't have friends to talk to.

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/24/12 - 09:29 am
At last, definitive proof

At last, definitive proof that you can find rednecks on the golf course....

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/24/12 - 09:32 am
Can you imagine him driving

Can you imagine him driving that car up Magnolia Lane?

Riverman1
Riverman1 01/24/12 - 09:53 am
A big rave for the Mayor of

A big rave for the Mayor of Norway, SC who, after being given a ticket by a SC Highway Patrolman, decided to pull the patrolman over and give him a ticket. Apparently, since Norway disbanded their police department, the Mayor is also the chief constable with those powers. SLED is investigating to determine if the Mayor does have those powers. Hilarious.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/24/12 - 10:02 am
That was good RK....you have

That was good RK....you have FB.....& FRIENDS!!!!

Right now we have a geek in the house---he charges $40 bucks a hour to show us (oldies) how work these new fancy machines.....right now he is helping gob.....
Gosh they know a lot ......they make me feel like the stone age .....:(

kmb413
kmb413 01/24/12 - 10:21 am
Good morning everyone. I

Good morning everyone. I didn't know we were supposed to post meaningful comments in the rants and raves section.

Trouble
Trouble 01/24/12 - 10:23 am
i always mean it when i say

i always mean it when i say "morning"......lol

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/24/12 - 10:27 am
Ranter 3, the kids have an

Ranter 3, the kids have an abbreviation... I like it, see if you can figure it out. NLY!

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/24/12 - 10:30 am
And Good Morning to RK!! I

And Good Morning to RK!! I like it when you say Good Morning to WB! Because I am always thinking of you out on the road in your 18 wheeler moving food and goods acrosss the nation for all of us...even ranter 3.
Thanks so much for keeping America going. You are appreciated.
Honk, honk!! And keep it coming...

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/24/12 - 10:40 am
We've just got to have some

We've just got to have some more music this morning...

Dedicated to RoadKill, Riverman1, Itsanotherday1, Sargebaby, harley 52, LL, Raul & David Parker

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/24/12 - 10:41 am
Thank you Willow.... Seenit,

Thank you Willow.... Seenit, what kind of dryer did you get from Michigan, a Whirlpool?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/24/12 - 10:46 am
My rant for the day is

My rant for the day is somewhat tongue in cheek, to get RK to respond.

I big rant to those 18 wheelers who leave big chunks of tires all over the road, and sometimes entire treads. It is a biker's nightmare, especially at night. What can be done?

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/24/12 - 10:48 am

Thank you WB, she is one of my favorites.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/24/12 - 10:52 am
Hey IAD, I'm working for RK,

Hey IAD, I'm working for RK, his PR girl. The mayor has one so certainly RK should. ummm....seriously, ummm, probably....don't ride at night:):):)

RoadkiII
RoadkiII 01/24/12 - 10:55 am
itsanotherday, get the gov't

itsanotherday, get the gov't to ban recaps. I can't believe I am asking for more regulations but that is what the vast majority is. Tires that have lost the recaps. I know what you are talking about, I used to ride and will again one day when the kids are all grown and I can afford my WG.

Willow Bailey
20603
Willow Bailey 01/24/12 - 11:03 am
RK, this is probably a blonde

RK, this is probably a blonde question, but what is a WG?

Trouble
Trouble 01/24/12 - 11:06 am
wg= wide glide

wg= wide glide

itsanotherday1
itsanotherday1 01/24/12 - 11:06 am
I was hoping you would say

I was hoping you would say that RK. I just didn't want to sound ignorant about tire construction and mistakenly say that just about all of that rubber is recap. I promise you that every motorist on the highways would agree to pay a few cents more for the cost of goods if only original, new tires were allowed on trucks and trailers.